200M in all Skills

Makilio

Hey Mck, this isn't supposed to be an insult or anything offensive, so even though it seems like it might be i swear i just found it interesting.

Out of every person in the entire game with maxed total (2595) you have the third lowest xp.  So like there are 2 people with 2595 total with less xp than you.  Kinda cool.

I was lowest for like 5 months after comp (450.3m xp) but claiming sof lamps eventually brought me up. I didn't really 'try' for being lowest but I value levels and not xp.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Time left update for the people closest to 200m all

this does not include bonus xp

1.Kot (geel) - 779 hours

2.Jdelacroix - 1,106 hours

3. Alkan - 1,508 hours

4. Dragonseance - 1,716 hours

For Dragonseance, with his bonus xp it brings his hours down to about 1k give or take, Alkans stays relatively the same.  Jdel's im not sure of and Geel is just going to get rank 3 so who cares lol.

As far as competition for rank 4, its hard to tell.  Alkan will pass dragonseance in rank in a month or so, Jdel could keep his lead and take rank 3 however.  It really comes down to either Jdel stepping it up, Dragonseance stepping it up, or Alkan continueing to catch up to those two.  Its going to be close as hell.

Also the reason Alkans time doesnt change much is because he will have to do smithing and construction himself instead of through warbands, which is the rate the calc has it at.  So even though he has div bonus and some other bonus, he will have to do smithing at 800k an hour and con at 800k an hour.

• Like 4

Time left update for the people closest to 200m all

this does not include bonus xp

1.Kot (geel) - 779 hours

2.Jdelacroix - 1,106 hours

3. Alkan - 1,508 hours

4. Dragonseance - 1,716 hours

For Dragonseance, with his bonus xp it brings his hours down to about 1k give or take, Alkans stays relatively the same.  Jdel's im not sure of and Geel is just going to get rank 3 so who cares lol.

As far as competition for rank 4, its hard to tell.  Alkan will pass dragonseance in rank in a month or so, Jdel could keep his lead and take rank 3 however.  It really comes down to either Jdel stepping it up, Dragonseance stepping it up, or Alkan continueing to catch up to those two.  Its going to be close as hell.

Also the reason Alkans time doesnt change much is because he will have to do smithing and construction himself instead of through warbands, which is the rate the calc has it at.  So even though he has div bonus and some other bonus, he will have to do smithing at 800k an hour and con at 800k an hour.

Thanks for the update

Holy shit, Geel is that close? Damn, Jdelacroix has a lot of bonus experience as well pretty sure in his c2 skills so that could be significantly less, fortunately he doesn't nolife as much so wouldn't win

Buying spins on an iron man in rs3. Arguably 3x more op than the normal game because it drastically decreases the amount of resources you need to gather, produce, etc.

Not even surprised 

is it confirmed iron man accounts can buy spins? Because unless I missed it I did not read that in the news post.

There is no way they should be able to, it makes the entire thing pointless.

It was in a jmod forum post somewhere; forget where. Certain rewards are removed from the list of possibilities can only be cashed out (resources and lucky equipment, mainly, IIRC), lamps give half the XP, and while stars give the same amount of bonus XP, bonus XP is used at 25% the speed of the normal game (so, normally if you have 100 bonus XP and gain 100 XP, you consume all that bonus XP to gain a total of 200 XP; on ironman mode, you'd consume 25 bonus XP to gain a total of 125 XP).

Edit: Found it.

So, we've been having a bit of discussion about Treasure Hunter.

Keys will remain buyable. Disabling this is disabling a core feature of the game, which is something we cannot do.

However... The rewards will be somewhat nerfed in ironman mode, as they'd prove to be too OP otherwise.

-Resources: Can only cash out.

-Equipment: Can only cash out.

-Lamps: Give 50% of the current XP values.

-Bonus XP: Will give the same amount of bonus XP, but it can only be used at a rate of 25%. Ie - gaining 100xp will give you 125xp, at a cost of 25 bonus XP.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

is it confirmed iron man accounts can buy spins? Because unless I missed it I did not read that in the news post.

There is no way they should be able to, it makes the entire thing pointless.

It was in a jmod forum post somewhere; forget where. Certain rewards are removed from the list of possibilities can only be cashed out (resources and lucky equipment, mainly, IIRC), lamps give half the XP, and while stars give the same amount of bonus XP, bonus XP is used at 25% the speed of the normal game (so, normally if you have 100 bonus XP and gain 100 XP, you consume all that bonus XP to gain a total of 200 XP; on ironman mode, you'd consume 25 bonus XP to gain a total of 125 XP).

Edit: Found it.

So, we've been having a bit of discussion about Treasure Hunter.

Keys will remain buyable. Disabling this is disabling a core feature of the game, which is something we cannot do.

However... The rewards will be somewhat nerfed in ironman mode, as they'd prove to be too OP otherwise.

-Resources: Can only cash out.

-Equipment: Can only cash out.

-Lamps: Give 50% of the current XP values.

-Bonus XP: Will give the same amount of bonus XP, but it can only be used at a rate of 25%. Ie - gaining 100xp will give you 125xp, at a cost of 25 bonus XP.

Sigh, completely degrades the value of it

• Like 2

Yeah, it's freaking retarded that keys will be buyable, even with that nerf. RIP integrity of DIYing.

I'm probably still going to play it as I'm getting rather bored of my main (stats in sig) and DIY sounds pretty fun. I'm the kind of freak who actually enjoys quests, so those will be fun. I'll just ignore what other players do with their RL money and disregard "competition." Shame though, people aren't gonna respect it overall as much.

• Like 1

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Eh, it's not any less integrity than what we have now. Right now we even just take folks word that they're really DIYing; this at least enforces some aspects of it, even if not others.

I agree it'd be better if TH was banned on Ironman, but it's not any worse than things are now.

Edit:

I'm probably still going to play it as I'm getting rather bored of my main (stats in sig) and DIY sounds pretty fun. I'm the kind of freak who actually enjoys quests, so those will be fun. I'll just ignore what other players do with their RL money and disregard "competition." Shame though, people aren't gonna respect it overall as much.

I quite agree.

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I am kind of unsettled that treasure hunter is now a core part of the game. i guess it is Bossing and Treasure hunter then. to me that reads, we really like the money and stoping one part of our player base from giving us money is bad business ( it is admittedly). regardless looks like a while for another 5.2b eh?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Buying keys is a core part of the game now .-.?  Oh well, I don't feel like I'm losing anything by giving that a miss :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

A major part of this update is leveling the playing field. A major part of iron man is do it yourself. IMO it was more reasonable to expect everyone to ironman legitimately prior to this, as there were no high scores and players did it because they actually enjoy it. Add in high scores and it completely changes players perspectives and reasons for playing the game. They will do things they hate for high scores. Ironman player A will not use keys, but ironman players B C D etc will, solely for high scores purposes.

This is not iron man. This is diy with treasure hunter, and that is what I will be calling it.

I guess I'll wait for iron man in OSRS, where there is no treasure hunter.

edit- and when they say "an integral part of the game", I assume they are referring to integral in generating revenue. Which is fine in my opinion. Times change, methods evolve, that's the way the game market is moving and I don't doubt they would not be able to sustain rs on a business model that generates revenue solely from membership (especially at $5 or $6 a month). But why can't we have ONE update that is just because WE want it? Why can't they give us a freebie? This won't really generate new members, this is for existing members to make new accounts. Charge double the membership price for this and allow a method to use bonds on the account from a main for membership purposes only. Maybe that's not the answer, just a quick idea, but it's better than allowing treasure hunter.

• Like 5
I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I personally still pay my mems with RL money so I'm not totally on board with that idea, but since I think majority of DIYers would agree I'd be willing to go along with it and pay more.

On topic, I wonder if anyone will go for 200m all in ironman lol. I think the best order to do skills would be dg to 99, then a lot of quests, fish/cook for food, mix of slayer/farming, then anything you want after that. For MTK, 10 on maples, 5 on herbs I think would be ideal?

Divination will be kind of a really pointless skill, even moreso than it is for regular accounts. Get 91 rc with runespan, 99 rc with double nats and pess drops from slayer (hopefully they don't nerf that too much with the "valuable runes" update), LRC mine to 99 mining with superheating, maybe bank bars. Not sure how to go about crafting. Oh, porters that bank dragonhide drops for you from Divination would actually be very useful. Construction won't be too bad with that plank guy RIGHT by the POH portal in taverley now.

• Like 1

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

is it confirmed iron man accounts can buy spins? Because unless I missed it I did not read that in the news post.There is no way they should be able to, it makes the entire thing pointless.

Iron man in itself is pointless. Sorry diy the rdal term for it, people overhyping it on hlf it will not be worth the effort and diy in rs3 is beyond tragic cus of th/span/easier things thank god wbs are frozen makes it a bit tougher atleast

is it confirmed iron man accounts can buy spins? Because unless I missed it I did not read that in the news post.There is no way they should be able to, it makes the entire thing pointless.

Iron man in itself is pointless. Sorry diy the rdal term for it, people overhyping it on hlf it will not be worth the effort and diy in rs3 is beyond tragic cus of th/span/easier things thank god wbs are frozen makes it a bit tougher atleast

Source, please?

All it said in the BTS post was that it prevents you from "gaining XP in several multiplayer situations," so it may include warbands but not that's 100% certain at this point, unless there's a JMod post somewhere.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Warbands are confirmed to be disabled for Iron Man, pretty obvious why.

• Like 2

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I don't think it's too huge of a concern to have a form of Treasure Hunter incorporated into ironman-specific accounts. It's still a level playing field; making it easier on everyone doesn't affect the competition that long-term players will have in terms of distorting who is actually putting in effort and thinking into the game, it just makes the path slightly easier (for everyone). I'm glad that the community is being very vocal about what should and should not be enabled on these types of accounts.

I'm not sure actually whether there will even be a large enough playerbase that will start ironman accounts for the sole purpose of achieving as many 200m's as possible. I think will definitely see players going for specific 200m's (or probably 120's for the mastery cape) as there are quite a lot of "free" skills that don't require gp or resources. The idea of self funding 200m worth of experience for skills like herblore or prayer is a little daunting. Does anyone know of people who have stated that they intend on trying to get as close to max xp as possible on these new accounts?

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

What would be the most efficient way of maxing on a DIY account? I assume dungeoneering would be first but I'm not sure

I'll be making a hypothetical list when I get home from vacation (on my blog probably since it's a goal of mine to attempt) but it's roughly the same as my previous list, div first as it just helps with all skills

• Like 1

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?