200M in all Skills

Makilio

Ya people act like some people who play a lot of rs are no lifers, but in the professional world there are people who also no life, maybe even harder.  I doubt there are people on the scale of drumgun, but there are definetly people pulling 12-15 hour days, plus commuting, etc, working off of 4-6 hours of sleep.

I heard a quote somewhere saying "if you want to achieve be prepared to stay up for 3 days straight sometimes, if you arent doing that your doing something wrong"  That wasnt the exact quote but you get the idea.  

People no life everything lol, its just what some people chose to do

I think for me it's getting my head round the concentration of the doing pretty much the same thing for that amount of time. It's a crazy amount of commitment to something they enjoy and it's a shame people describe them as "no lifers" etc; it's certainly respectable to be able to be able to organise a lifestyle round that and maintain it for long periods of time. 

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png

I think RS is unique in the fact that your productivity is very measurable and you can easily determine wasted time. In normal working environments, you constantly have the opportunity for breaks, to get up and walk about, etc. In RS nolifing, you don't have the same luxury. It can be more intense.

• Like 2

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

pking kids for warband supplies and watching them rage is more fun than skilling

• Like 2

aQJHi.png            FzOVaNc.gif                   hxvcqezxxhmyo7acdylb.gif

And possibly even faster than hopping worlds and looting tents, especially if you can kill a few alts on a DWF world.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

He got an attack level and was like "guess ill skill now" lol.  Like the most efficient player arguably is skilling by accident

It's not that difficult to get into skilling

stop pming me plz

Ya people act like some people who play a lot of rs are no lifers, but in the professional world there are people who also no life, maybe even harder.  I doubt there are people on the scale of drumgun, but there are definetly people pulling 12-15 hour days, plus commuting, etc, working off of 4-6 hours of sleep.

I heard a quote somewhere saying "if you want to achieve be prepared to stay up for 3 days straight sometimes, if you arent doing that your doing something wrong"  That wasnt the exact quote but you get the idea.  

Lol this discussion makes me sick...

People who play a lot of rs are no lifers because they are not directly effecting or increasing their means in 'real life'. Something with which I agree. People in the professional world are in the real world and therefore their 'no lifing' as you called it, directly affects their means of life. 

You cannot compare someone who is working 12 hours at a real life job and then going home and making dinner and then sleeping 4-6 hours to someone who sits in front of a computer for 12 hours+ gaining virtual exp/gp. Reading half the posts about this topic on this thread make me cringe inside because of the fact that people actually think RS is a way of life and that it is respectable because you are doing what you like. Everyone who no lifes RS is sacrificing IRL no matter what the situation. You tell me someone who gains 300m exp a month is respected or actually achieves something outside of RS? I'd probably not believe that. 

You cannot defend or deem runescape no lifing as either a way of life, or a respected decision regardless of what personal opinions are on the matter.  But don't worry, I respect drumgun for playing rs for 16 hour/day 10 years and to jebroom on his 20 hour/day month! 

• Like 8

Swarlly.png

spinberg's degree in Runescape is going to help him land the big jobs, just trust me on this

• Like 1

aQJHi.png            FzOVaNc.gif                   hxvcqezxxhmyo7acdylb.gif

People who play a lot of rs are no lifers because they are not directly effecting or increasing their means in 'real life'. Something with which I agree. People in the professional world are in the real world and therefore their 'no lifing' as you called it, directly affects their means of life. 

You cannot compare someone who is working 12 hours at a real life job and then going home and making dinner and then sleeping 4-6 hours to someone who sits in front of a computer for 12 hours+ gaining virtual exp/gp. Reading half the posts about this topic on this thread make me cringe inside because of the fact that people actually think RS is a way of life and that it is respectable because you are doing what you like. Everyone who no lifes RS is sacrificing IRL no matter what the situation. You tell me someone who gains 300m exp a month is respected or actually achieves something outside of RS? I'd probably not believe that. 

You cannot defend or deem runescape no lifing as either a way of life, or a respected decision regardless of what personal opinions are on the matter.  But don't worry, I respect drumgun for playing rs for 16 hour/day 10 years and to jebroom on his 20 hour/day month! 

Skilling is life, though.

stop pming me plz

Ya people act like some people who play a lot of rs are no lifers, but in the professional world there are people who also no life, maybe even harder. I doubt there are people on the scale of drumgun, but there are definetly people pulling 12-15 hour days, plus commuting, etc, working off of 4-6 hours of sleep.

I heard a quote somewhere saying "if you want to achieve be prepared to stay up for 3 days straight sometimes, if you arent doing that your doing something wrong" That wasnt the exact quote but you get the idea.

You cannot defend or deem runescape no lifing as either a way of life, or a respected decision regardless of what personal opinions are on the matter. But don't worry, I respect drumgun for playing rs for 16 hour/day 10 years and to jebroom on his 20 hour/day month!

Did you expect people to not think rs is a way of life when you came to this thread devoted to discussing methods of playing/praising one top pager for their nolife capability and bringing another down because of spins..

Agreed with everything swarlly said. Rs is a temporary thing and it's not really admirable to see people giving up/putting their health/life on hold to harvest praise and admiration from teens/adults on a forum.

Personally I am not sacrificing real life at all to play this game. I wouldn't be any better off if I didn't play. In fact, I'd be worse.

• Like 3

agree with everything BenDover said.

*would still rather play rs 12h/day for my whole life instead of working a boring job for the same amount though :P*

but thats why it's important to find a job you actually like to haha

Some times playing RS is a job, even if you dont do good at it (QA)

And before anyone tries to defend them by saying 'its only their mess-ups people notice' thats why they get paid to not mess up

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Some times playing RS is a job, even if you dont do good at it (QA)

And before anyone tries to defend them by saying 'its only their mess-ups people notice' thats why they get paid to not mess up

Nobody can disagree that qa does a horrid job.

Look at mod wolf and the th/sgs qa testers, failed to notice the strongarm burial animation and that caused people to get 20m xp/hr pray

Did i say rs was a way of life?  I mean on that topic, i think if someone wants to make sacrifices to achieve something thats their choice.  Regardless of what it is (obviously there are exceptions) i can respect that, even though i personally don't think those sacrifices are worth it.  This isn't even necessarily talking about rs, or gaming in general.  This could be a sport, a game, a job, or any goal, and it doesnt even have to be a massive goal either.  

As for the "way of life" comment idk if that was supposed to be aimed at my statement or someone elses.  I would honestly compare it more to a competition/esport more than a way of life.  Its something people enjoy competing in, and on the extreme end of it, those competition include how many hours you can play in a day/week/month/year.  This isn't coming from personal experience because i have never seriously gone for a record, i have done some top 42 monthly stuff but nothing serious, i just know that there are people who really enjoy this from a competitive standpoint.

Im not disagreeing with bendover entirely, nor do i disrespect his opinion on this, i just don't agree with him saying that it can't be a respectable thing to no life this game.  No one said it gave monetary gains or anything, i compared the commitment some give this game to the commitment others give to other goals/passions.  Thats all, and it was more on the level of sleep sacrifice i was comparing

Actually, you know what lets not get into this again lol.  I was just checking some hours on merediths timecalc and roger al needs roughly 1200 hours other than farming for 200m all.  Thats pretty cool. No xpwaste is also up there but has a lot of farming left.  Alkan and dragonseance are within 100 hours again, however most of dseances hours are coming from fishing and div, which fishing will be faster because he no longer has to woodcut in c2s, so this could be close.  Both of those players have bonus xp in div, and some in fishing, i believe dseance has enough to finish fishing and alkan does not, but alkan has higher fishing xp.  Jdel is at about 1300 hours left and geel is at 900.  So Jdel could take rank 4, but i assume it will go to alkan or dseance at this rate.  That will be very close however

Tell a non video gamer who has worked their whole life and is actually sucessfull that you play runescape for 12-18 hours a day and feel its ok to do. After they finish laughing at you for 20-30 seconds they will call you an idiot.

Tell a non video gamer who has worked their whole life and is actually sucessfull that you play runescape for 12-18 hours a day and feel its ok to do. After they finish laughing at you for 20-30 seconds they will call you an idiot.

Is that from personal experiences? You told someone you knew and they laughed? cause I'm sure if someone has been working a lot and got a successful work career they aren't going to bother dissing other people's choices or laugh in their face, they know that they worked on what they wanted and others did what they wanted

• Like 2

Is that from personal experiences? You told someone you knew and they laughed? cause I'm sure if someone has been working a lot and got a successful work career they aren't going to bother dissing other people's choices or laugh in their face, they know that they worked on what they wanted and others did what they wanted

No i dont play runescape 12-18 hours a day :)