07-Oct-2009 - High-level Herblore Potions

Mdeoxys

wow im lucky, just be4 the update, I left my metal dragons trip, and bought 1k antifires coz i only had 15 left, 2 mins later it says system update, mass profits ftw!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this update, even though im already 99 slayer, maxed combat and really dont need the potions. Well thats not true, im training range atm and these new range potions are amazingg.

This update makes it clear, train all your skills. My lame level 50 hunter came back to bite me in the [wagon] this update. I had to get a friend to get the grenwell spikes i needed for the range potion.

Thanks Aquatic!

Fools_Taco.png

Quick question: If you drink a sarabrew, does overload potion keep stats maxed?

While you guys are aguing about the update, Ill answer this question you all missed ;)

This is how the overload potion works.

You drink it.

It drains 50 HP and Keeps your stats maxed for 5 minutes.

Now lets say you drink a sarabrew. You stats WILL decrease HOWEVER, as part of the potion mechanic when your stats normally would degrade (once every 60 seconds), your stats will be restored back to max again.

Another example. BGS. Lets say you get into a PvP fight with someone who has a BGS and you drink a overload potion before hand. If they BGS special you for a 60, sometime within the next 60 seconds or less, the potion will automatically restore your defense back to its maximum level negating the 60 special damage.

Both situations have been tested by my friend and I, so esentially an overload will make sure you are in "God Mode" once every minute for 5 mintutes. Any combat stat reducing during that time will be restored at the minute checkpoints.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Quick question: If you drink a sarabrew, does overload potion keep stats maxed?

While you guys are aguing about the update, Ill answer this question you all missed ;)

This is how the overload potion works.

You drink it.

It drains 50 HP and Keeps your stats maxed for 5 minutes.

Now lets say you drink a sarabrew. You stats WILL decrease HOWEVER, as part of the potion mechanic when your stats normally would degrade (once every 60 seconds), your stats will be restored back to max again.

Another example. BGS. Lets say you get into a PvP fight with someone who has a BGS and you drink a overload potion before hand. If they BGS special you for a 60, sometime within the next 60 seconds or less, the potion will automatically restore your defense back to its maximum level negating the 60 special damage.

Both situations have been tested by my friend and I, so esentially an overload will make sure you are in "God Mode" once every minute for 5 mintutes. Any combat stat reducing during that time will be restored at the minute checkpoints.

I still wonder though, can you just heal some food to heal the 50hp you lost because of the potion?

Thanks a lot for this info btw.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I still wonder though, can you just heal some food to heal the 50hp you lost because of the potion?

Yes you can eat, or brew, or do anything to raise your HP back once you drink it. It also heals 50 additional HP once the effect wears off.

dawnsigblue-3.png

This year is getting better and better by each update. Also how ironic, people demand for high level updates and when Jagex delivers one people complain about the high requirements and such? Also like the fact combat requires skilling to give a better advantage, makes herblore possibly more used and people appreciate all the game aspects.

Yes you can eat, or brew, or do anything to raise your HP back once you drink it. It also heals 50 additional HP once the effect wears off.

So, as long as you time your Sara Brew such that you always drink it a few seconds before the end of a minute, you can pretty much negate the stats reducing effect and remain in godmode for most of the time?

The effect of the extreme set and overload potion, and the fact that these potions are untradeable makes a player with high herblore level more combat capable, to the extent whereby we can almost consider Herblore like Summoning now: If you have the potion in your inventory, you effectively have better offence and defence, so it would be reasonable to increase your combat level.

Not that I want Herblore to be part of the formula though. But I'm sure all of you sees the similarity between Herblore and Summoning now right? Especially when the potions are untradeable, so this advantage is attributed to individual players' Herblore level only.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

How does this work if you brew before?

So you lose 50hp from your current hp, but are the bonuses based on your base level or current level. ie does it restore then boost or just boost for the first 1minute?

Love bit of infomation you gave us too.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Can you argue without sounding like an idiot?

What? I never realized there was an old and new RS. Furthermore they released one thing. Nowhere else in the game does your effectiveness in PVP combat rely on you having a certain level in a skill that does not effect your combat level.

He wasnt saying that there are other non combat skills that you NEED for PvP combat, he was just saying that RS has been merging the idea of being good at both combat AND non combat skills. This is just the first step of needing non combat skills for PvP. You have to start somewhere. Eventually, I bet that each skill will effect combat in a non tradeable way.

They first went along the idea of merging skills and combat when they released the wilderness...Some nice places to train, especially agility, but lots of risk of death so to get the best Agility experience you would need nice combat levels.

The next skill-combat merge was with brawling gloves. These glove rewards encourage you to do both PvP and skill. Further, they encourage you to use them in a dangerous place where your combat might be put to the test, in order to gain skill exp.

Another feature of the game where skills and combat merge is in Stealing Creation. Unless you want to rely on other people for your combat sucess, you really need to have some skills trained to a good level to suceed in that mini game. You can choose to do nothing but collect/convert clay, or you can PK for your clay. Then you get points that you can spend either on combat rewards or skilling rewards, regardless of how you chose to play the game. This is encouraging people who usually perfer combat to play the mini game so they can easily train their skills in less time and get back to combat.

Also, just recently the rock caverns came out. You KILL monsters, you get the bait, you fish. Combat and fishing, merged right there. What other proof do you need? Did you forget all these instances where you are encouraged to have both combat and non combat skills? What about summoning? Summoning is a combat skill but there are many familiars which are very usefull for skilling. Similarly, herblore is a non combat skill and now there are useful features for combat.

This is not the first merge of skilling and combat, as you can see. Not to mention the simple fact that every skill leads to a product that is combat related...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

There's only one thing I can say about this update.

Yes.

It's absolutely perfect. Now this is high level content. It makes me want to level up Herblore even more, if only for the Super Antifire.

Did some quick maths, and the new maximum hit for Magic is now either 44 or 45, depending if they round up or down (I get a floating point number like 44.7999). Mages aren't pushovers much anymore.

woohoo, lets make magic even more powerfull for pvp! <_<

Let your yellow mellow.

Yes.

It's absolutely perfect. Now this is high level content. It makes me want to level up Herblore even more, if only for the Super Antifire.

Did some quick maths, and the new maximum hit for Magic is now either 44 or 45, depending if they round up or down (I get a floating point number like 44.7999). Mages aren't pushovers much anymore.

It was important that magic have the ability to be a stand-alone combat form, not dependant on another.

Jagex had the right concept, but the wrong implementation.

hzvjpwS.gif

Yes.

It was important that magic have the ability to be a stand-alone combat form, not dependant on another.

exactly. i have a feeling the super magic potion will be nerfed when they do the combat rebalance.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Yes.

I disagree. As stated before in this thread, a mage with an extreme magic potion is not going to be taking down any rangers with dark bows, extreme range, and special restore potions. However, claw'ers and AGS'ers beware of mages. Me thinks the combat triangle has been restored. Each class is able to stand alone now.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yes.

I disagree. As stated before in this thread, a mage with an extreme magic potion is not going to be taking down any rangers with dark bows, extreme range, and special restore potions. However, claw'ers and AGS'ers beware of mages. Me thinks the combat triangle has been restored. Each class is able to stand alone now.

i disagree. mages should have been fixed from a magic standpoint, and not with a high level potion thats untradfable. mages now need to train herblore if there gonan be effective, rather than something magic related. this is the only part of the update i dont like =\

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

Definitely needs to be a middle ground on this % bonus from magic. Either add a 70 to 80 super essence potion or another item which gives half the 40% bonus.

40% is too much of a bonus from 4+ magic levels you get with a normal magic potion. Same goes for the range potion I would have liked a mid level range potion.

It seems odd melee now have 3 sets of potions (normal, super and extreme) where as range and magic only have 2 (magic essence is worse then a normal magic pot so I'm not counting it). Add to this combat potions and herblore seems pro melee.

I love how jagex is adding high level content (it was needed), but they needed to continue to revamp low and mid level content to fill in the gaps.

They give you a reason to get higher, but fail to implement varied ways of doing so that well with this update. The WC,fishing, cooking and mining update were nice and varied, but this is still add x to y. Its got cool effects, but theres no omg I want to level so I can train that way.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I never said they failed to balance it. What I said, if you read it carefully, was that they implemented untradable potions as a way to balance that rather than fixing the root cause.

Therefore, right concept (ie fixing the classes) but wrong implementation (using potions instead of handling the root cause). A 'band-aid' measure, if you will, where it'll heal a temporary scuff, but won't touch a large, gaping wound.

I hope that makes more sense this time.

hzvjpwS.gif

Guest TrixStar

Has anyone discussed the effect this update has had on the zam spear? Since you dont need a fire shield anymore it's price is already rising.

Has anyone discussed the effect this update has had on the zam spear? Since you dont need a fire shield anymore it's price is already rising.

I don't understand the significance? Does this have anything to do with the rumors that Dragons are weak to stab or slash, can't remember which.

hzvjpwS.gif

I don't understand the significance? Does this have anything to do with the rumors that Dragons are weak to stab or slash, can't remember which.

I believe that normal, hide dragons are weak to stab, and metal dragons are weak to crush.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

Guest TrixStar

I haven't tested it yet but a friend of mine said mithril dragons were much easier now that you could use the stab effect of the spear. If you look at the grand exchange it's up 185k and a couple posts on the main forum people are offering up to 7 mil for it now.

I haven't tested it yet but a friend of mine said mithril dragons were much easier now that you could use the stab effect of the spear. If you look at the grand exchange it's up 185k and a couple posts on the main forum people are offering up to 7 mil for it now.

I'll bet that stuff on the main forum in price manipulation.

punitivedsig.png

i think mage is just right, not weak not too strong

think abuot it whips still hit higher and faster and cheaper than barrage, vls can hit 70s, godswords can hit 60s, its only fair to allow barrage to hit 46 imo.

also has anyone ever tried to take mage to gwd? its horrable in every aspect to show how much underpowered it is in pvm moreso than pvp, in pvp it was decent but still not in class of melee, but pvm it was sad

a_final_name.png

I believe that normal, hide dragons are weak to stab, and metal dragons are weak to crush.

Nope. All dragons are weak to stab. That is why the leaf bladed sword far outpreforms whip at miths. Before update, I tried Z spear at irons. Very very fast kills, almost constant 30's. Took alot of damage, even with mage pray and antifire pot though.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

There is no rule that says that you have to buy skills. I got 79 herblore so far without buying it. And ironically enough I sold most of my herbs so far. Bit stupid in hindsight.

If you want herbs:

Start putting 100% on herbs in MTK. There is no competition of other people buying these supplies.

Start farming herbs.

And pick up herbs for a change.

These are herb supplies nobody can touch or compete with. It's going to take time of course, but I'm sure Jagex isn't going to pull the plug on runescape that quickly.

In the end, you pay exactly the same, if not more, as someone who bought everything from the GE. I say more, because there are (currently, but it will change) better things to put your money on in MTK, of instance. Gahtering seconds is also pretty damn stupid, considering it gives no xp. 5-15 hours of TDS, making 40m of a clawy drop and getting some experience along, seems better than getting no xp, and gathering 40m worth of seconds in 80 hours.

The problem being that currently you can't buy any supplies, so there is no "paying exactly the same" option. That will only become valid in a few weeks. So why get a head start by doing some herbs yourself right now?

You lose some gp income efficiency? It's a game.

I am doing that lol, but even seeds are hard to buy.