20-Oct-2009 - Ardougne Achievement Diary

C110

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We've changed the way the TzHaar Fight Cave records your progress. In future, if you get disconnected during a wave, you'll automatically restart from that wave rather than having to begin the minigame again. You can still use the logout button to make the minigame log you off when you've completed your current wave."

5 days after I get dced on wave 57. :cry:

BOO

Whoohoo.

[hide=Cape]ArdougneCloak3.png[/hide]

[hide=Abilities]2nlbuw1.jpg[/hide]

Probably won't be high enough to do Elite for a long time though.

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

Someone please post a picture and stats list for the Hard cape? :razz: :-P :P

New cape is going to be a stable at corp now

091020130104.png

stab and prayer bonus

4e0Vn.png

091020130104.png

stab and prayer bonus

Oh, I thought that was the Elite version. So, no visual or stat change between them?

Also what was someone talking about, a secret weapon or something other? What's that about?

2dgucz6.png

Those are high level updates. But none of them have level reqs like 93 summon and 91 smithing.

Yes you invested a heck a lot of time to get those skills, but you got them because you wanted the 99s or a higher total level. Achievement diaries should be something "fun" to spend my time on, get a better knowledge about the area I'm exploring and grab some rewards in the end, NOT something for you to show off your random skills; you have your fancy capes to show them off with.

I do see many people's points that it is meant to stimulate training and that even it is a good strategy for jagex financially because having high lvl req's keep high levels paying for members because there will be something to complete other than going for 99s or max cash at the end of the day.

But again, I don't think a lot of people realize how amazingly hard it is to get 93 summoning or 91 smithing. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that these requirements would be fine for say, a new high level gadget like the adze, but it's not suitable for a diary.

I doubt jagex would release a quest anytime soon with 90+ requirements (esp. on summoning) because few people would be able to enjoy the quest. I guess at least for me, achievement diaries are the same thing (esp. when they shared a tab for so long) and they should be at least completable by suffiently high level players without putting in an extraordinary effort. (a very rough estimate..1-93 summoning will take 20k+ crimsons + $ burned to use them)

So I guess in conclusion, diaries should be different from other high level content; elite diaries would work, if the definition of elite is lowered just enough to be in the 'possible' range for us high level but 'not elite enough' players.

I haven't posted in tip it in a long time and it's really been thoroughly disappointing. Just because you have 99s does not give you right to disrespect others. Most of my posts in the times of yonder (aww, good ol scapeboard..) when jagex still had sane ideas about what requirements to set and before most of you 99 capers even registered for rs.

Who are you to say what the diaries are supposed to be about? There was bound to be some kind of content involving a 90+ skill eventually, and finally there is one. I have no noncombat skills above 86 slayer, and I couldn't care less about the insane requirements for diaries. It's about time Jagex rewarded players handsomely who took the time to level skills so high. Nobody is forcing anybody to do the new diaries, and players who do them only get a bit of convenience as a reward and no insanely overpowered content that ruins the point of doing anything else in runescape. If a player wants to level 99 in something just to be a show off, let them do it. I don't see how it affects anyone else. But now people arte complaining that they can't complete this aspect of the diaries just because of the requirements. Why should anyone be rewarded for completion if they don't meet the standards Jagex wanted? The elite requirements are additional to the normal diaries, and there are still 3 different levels for people who aren't comfortable skilling all the way.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

anybody know what the "magical chests no longer teleport you to a random location" comment is about?

im pretty sure all magical chests teleport you to a set location. does it just mean that while wearing the cape, all chests will teleport you to ardy north bank?

Naaxi.png

091020130104.png

stab and prayer bonus

Oh, I thought that was the Elite version. So, no visual or stat change between them?

Also what was someone talking about, a secret weapon or something other? What's that about?

The stats are the same if the picture metoo posted is of the elite cape.

As to the secret weapon, that was the fake crystal hally. People said that if you took an uncharged crystal elund, she would enchant it into a crystal hally.

4e0Vn.png

actualy i have an idea for the bolt diary

easy, bolt of returning, strength of iron

medium, bolt of returning, strength of steel

hard, bolt of returning, strength of mith

elite, bolt of returning, strength of either addy or rune depending on the reqs, id go addy but if therse 5+ 90+s in hard skills id make it rune

a_final_name.png

You people running around with 10+ 99's should really just quit commenting. Does it prove how 'elite' you are? All past updates this year were geared to mid lvls? Are you kidding me?

just look at the last couple of updates:

within the light - master quest

living rock caverns - high level mining/fishing area

herblore update - obviously

woodcutting rebalance - more high level stuff to do

Those are high level updates. But none of them have level reqs like 93 summon and 91 smithing.

Yes you invested a heck a lot of time to get those skills, but you got them because you wanted the 99s or a higher total level. Achievement diaries should be something "fun" to spend my time on, get a better knowledge about the area I'm exploring and grab some rewards in the end, NOT something for you to show off your random skills; you have your fancy capes to show them off with.

I do see many people's points that it is meant to stimulate training and that even it is a good strategy for jagex financially because having high lvl req's keep high levels paying for members because there will be something to complete other than going for 99s or max cash at the end of the day.

But again, I don't think a lot of people realize how amazingly hard it is to get 93 summoning or 91 smithing. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that these requirements would be fine for say, a new high level gadget like the adze, but it's not suitable for a diary.

I doubt jagex would release a quest anytime soon with 90+ requirements (esp. on summoning) because few people would be able to enjoy the quest. I guess at least for me, achievement diaries are the same thing (esp. when they shared a tab for so long) and they should be at least completable by suffiently high level players without putting in an extraordinary effort. (a very rough estimate..1-93 summoning will take 20k+ crimsons + $ burned to use them)

So I guess in conclusion, diaries should be different from other high level content; elite diaries would work, if the definition of elite is lowered just enough to be in the 'possible' range for us high level but 'not elite enough' players.

I haven't posted in tip it in a long time and it's really been thoroughly disappointing. Just because you have 99s does not give you right to disrespect others. Most of my posts in the times of yonder (aww, good ol scapeboard..) when jagex still had sane ideas about what requirements to set and before most of you 99 capers even registered for rs.

Those were some of the first interesting updates this year for me. And within the light was not high level. I did MEP2 like 3 years ago with under 110 combat and I had the stats to do within the light then

it's not like this update has made RS any worse for people without the stats to do the elite diary (I am nowhere near 91 smithing myself). it's a reward to the people who have had the devotion to spend hours upon hours of their lives grinding skills. the average scaper will be able to do the first 3 parts of the diary. hell, the average scaper will do a few easy tasks and then quit.

there's plenty of other content in this game to do, so please don't complain about the truly incomprehensibly rare occasions on which something is released that takes high stats to do.

actualy i have an idea for the bolt diary

easy, bolt of returning, strength of iron

medium, bolt of returning, strength of steel

hard, bolt of returning, strength of mith

elite, bolt of returning, strength of either addy or rune depending on the reqs, id go addy but if therse 5+ 90+s in hard skills id make it rune

infinite bolts is a bit broken >_<

nothing wrong with a bolt pouch, you know of those right? you load bolts into the bolt pouch and equip the bolt pouch

ANYWHOO I'm pretty sure jagex isnt making a bolt diary as much as I would love to see one ='(

Naaxi.png

Can someone explain what the "people can now purchase multiple skillcapes" update means?

Could you only have one skillcape at a time before?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone explain what the "people can now purchase multiple skillcapes" update means?

Could you only have one skillcape at a time before?

You could only buy one of a skill cape I believe. Like I could only have one of my prayer capes but now I can buy 10 if I wanted. Think that is what they were talking about.

All skills 80+

You people running around with 10+ 99's should really just quit commenting. Does it prove how 'elite' you are? All past updates this year were geared to mid lvls? Are you kidding me?

I understand your point, but I encourage you to just give it a second look from another point of view.

Runescape, for awhile, has been a game where most stuff has no point to level past ~85. This game the feel of "you can play this game for a little each day, and youll eventually get your favorite skills to the point where you can do the things you want". After all, there is very little USE to having skills over 92, yet 92 is only halfway to 99.

Now I understand your point. Perviously, RS has been this game where anyone who goes over 92 in a level is just TRYING to "achieve" something, and not really unlock some USEFULL content. However, take a look at the most recent skill addition: Summoning. This skill is slow and painful to raise, but there are STILL usefull things at levels 96 and even 99. I think that this was Jagex's first step toward making the game have these usefull things at very high levels.

All I can say is that Runescape is finally becoming a harder game. It might have seemed hard enough to you already, but some people have been around longer and need harder things.

One thing I do not quite understand is: what is the problem with rewarding these people in some way? The elite rewards really do not unlock anything that is hugely better than the "hard" tasks. Is it just because you don't want to always see that red/yellow "Elite" text under this diary? I think that really is the only problem here...it is not like there is an achievement diary cape, and you do not need to finish this diary to unlock any huge features in this game. I think the only problem you have with this is just because you THOUGHT the diaries were supposed to be something like quests, but really they are a little bit different.

Let me ask you this: how is seeing an incomplete diary any different than seeing 80/99 summoning? Both things are "incomplete" and both things would unlock game features if you worked on them. Whats the difference?

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Those were some of the first interesting updates this year for me. And within the light was not high level. I did MEP2 like 3 years ago with under 110 combat and I had the stats to do within the light then

it's not like this update has made RS any worse for people without the stats to do the elite diary (I am nowhere near 91 smithing myself). it's a reward to the people who have had the devotion to spend hours upon hours of their lives grinding skills. the average scaper will be able to do the first 3 parts of the diary. hell, the average scaper will do a few easy tasks and then quit.

there's plenty of other content in this game to do, so please don't complain about the truly incomprehensibly rare occasions on which something is released that takes high stats to do.

okay, 1st sensible reply I've seen in a while and I agree with you for the most part. I write about this because I think it's time to really stand up to the 99 everything people who cries endlessly for higher and higher level content AND jagex actually listens to them. Extremely high levels should really know that they do not make a majority in this game and it's really the influx of new player's support that keeps a game like rs financially viable. I think you put it well, it's a "truly incomprehensibly rare occasion" and in the end I will probably probably look for those 10k crimsons that will take me to 93 summon, but not because I think it's right to set it that high, but to me the game more about quests and tasks like the diaries rather than grinding and more grinding for a higher number and some fancy cape. I can only hope for the future.

I understand your point, but I encourage you to just give it a second look from another point of view.

Runescape, for awhile, has been a game where most stuff has no point to level past ~85. This game the feel of "you can play this game for a little each day, and youll eventually get your favorite skills to the point where you can do the things you want". After all, there is very little USE to having skills over 92, yet 92 is only halfway to 99.

Now I understand your point. Perviously, RS has been this game where anyone who goes over 92 in a level is just TRYING to "achieve" something, and not really unlock some USEFULL content. However, take a look at the most recent skill addition: Summoning. This skill is slow and painful to raise, but there are STILL usefull things at levels 96 and even 99. I think that this was Jagex's first step toward making the game have these usefull things at very high levels.

All I can say is that Runescape is finally becoming a harder game. It might have seemed hard enough to you already, but some people have been around longer and need harder things.

One thing I do not quite understand is: what is the problem with rewarding these people in some way? The elite rewards really do not unlock anything that is hugely better than the "hard" tasks. Is it just because you don't want to always see that red/yellow "Elite" text under this diary? I think that really is the only problem here...it is not like there is an achievement diary cape, and you do not need to finish this diary to unlock any huge features in this game. I think the only problem you have with this is just because you THOUGHT the diaries were supposed to be something like quests, but really they are a little bit different.

Let me ask you this: how is seeing an incomplete diary any different than seeing 80/99 summoning? Both things are "incomplete" and both things would unlock game features if you worked on them. Whats the difference?

The difference I see here between a high level reward for a diary is very different from 92+ high level content. In fact, I support 92+ content. Smithing actually, while unpopular, have a very complete set of new things to do even to 99 on the dot. The only reason they can't add anymore new content is because it would destroy other aspects of the game. (ie. if whips and mauls were smithable, what's the point of slayer?) But a one time reward, from doing the same once to unlock an achievement, is hardly real high level content. Unless you like burning money and smith that rune cbow over and over again from scratch.

For your last question, for me it's quite simple, a diary turns green only once. Even if you hit 99, nothing turns green and you can still level for 187M for xp. Hardly possible for me.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

As I had mentioned earlier I have no problem with the high level content it is rather the content choice. Why would they pick one of the hardest and newest skills to make the highest requirement. They should not have picked summoning at level 93 but either lower or rather another more common skill at a higher level. That was my only real issue with this update. Only other issue I've seen with them lately is not releasing content in a manner that can be handled. Such as their recent release of the high level herblore content. It is impossible to train because supply is way under demand.

All skills 80+

okay, 1st sensible reply I've seen in a while and I agree with you for the most part. I write about this because I think it's time to really stand up to the 99 everything people who cries endlessly for higher and higher level content AND jagex actually listens to them. Extremely high levels should really know that they do not make a majority in this game and it's really the influx of new player's support that keeps a game like rs financially viable. I think you put it well, it's a "truly incomprehensibly rare occasion" and in the end I will probably probably look for those 10k crimsons that will take me to 93 summon, but not because I think it's right to set it that high, but to me the game more about quests and tasks like the diaries rather than grinding and more grinding for a higher number and some fancy cape. I can only hope for the future.

-it's not for "all 99's people"

-you don't have to do it. Level 1-3 are more than doable and fit the traditional 3 lists per diary.

-high level players have a say in the game and should get content as well. I think it's really smart to make this update a totally optional one. you don't have to complete it for a quest or anything important, just for fun.

-I'm perpetuating the endless whining.

many people here seem to be whining: "how dare you make content that I the MVP cannot complete! shame on you JaGex!"

4e0Vn.png

Those are high level updates.

Actually, Within the Light was not a master quest, and the Woodcutting rebalance was for medium to high levels (Eucalyptus/Vines). That leaves two high level updates, one of which was nerfed because of people who coudn't grasp the concept of training skills = better rewards, and that was the Herblore update. Living Rock Caverns was definitely a high level update that worked as planned. I don't know any high level who has complained about that. :) I don't see why "You people" with 10+ 99's shouldn't comment on this. If nothing else, those are the ones with the specific knowledge, and even tips about training the skills required.

Achievement diaries should be something "fun" to spend my time on, get a better knowledge about the area I'm exploring and grab some rewards in the end, NOT something for you to show off your random skills; you have your fancy capes to show them off with.

Ironically, the fancy reward goes in the cape slot. :^_^:

But again, I don't think a lot of people realize how amazingly hard it is to get 93 summoning or 91 smithing.

This baffles me a little. If you are talking to the "elite" players who can actually do this update, why do you also assume they don't realise how hard it was to get the required levels? I am relatively sure that Jagex didn't hand out 7k antique 93 Summoning lamps.

The incentive is the very good, and I have heard a lot of people in my clan's clan chat talking about getting those last Summoning or Smithing levels, or training Thieving.

Let me see if I understand you here... You want the definition of elite content changed and adapted to your player group, so that you can still enjoy the full content? What about the players who think those stats are out of reach?

Just because you signed up on Scapeboard or RS before others, it doesn't make you more right than others. It just means you found the game/forums earlier. Talking about people with high(er) stats as "99 capers" makes you sound a little disrespectful aswell, which isn't very becoming. Some of us have been around for a while, others discovered RS and Tip.It later. It has little to do with this debate.

Laikrob (currently carrying the crappy RSN AjiDaWun),

RS player who enjoys most updates, no matter who they are aimed at.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I personally don't have the levels to do the elite diary but I think it was an awesome update on Jagex' part. I haven't looked much at the list although I know I don't have the smithing requirement as my smithing is currently over level 80 and I don't plan on raising it anytime soon. I think that with this now harder achievement diary, it would be completely plausible for Jagex to release an achievement diary cape, possibly trimming the Quest cape.

I am very interested in what the rewards are for the elite diary. I don't believe anyone has posted them yet, although correct me if I'm wrong. And if you do correct me, please post the rewards so this lazy midget doesn't have to go searching through many pages to find it. :)

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

From this post I derive the following:

"Jagex should not cater to the minority High Level Players. It's not fair to the rest of the gaming community."

Don't mind me saying this, but that's just flat out wrong. If there's no content for the higher leveled players to do, then what's the point of getting high skills? If there's no incentive to train to high levels, what's the point in having them?

If anything, the high levels are finally standing up to the rest of the community and demanding their fair shake at good content. It's been a long, long time coming, but high levels are getting more rewards at higher levels instead of watching every mid level get the same thing.

I'm only 1970 or so total. I'm not that high level (although I do have 92 Smithing). I know that I'm not in a majority group. But does that mean I should get kicked to the curb because someone doesn't want to get the requirements to do the diary?

The only two skills that I actually have to raise to be able to do the Elite tasks are 75 Runecrafting and 93 Summoning. Those are some nice long-term goals, for any player, and it's simply easier to not think of them as major grinds. There's no mandate that says you have to do this content, and I think that's why you're so upset - you think you have to do this. Simply not true.

So relax, take a chill pill, and let the high levels have their heyday. Someday you'll be able to enjoy this content, but for now, either get the level to do it, or don't let it bother you.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

What at all about 90+ in any skill is hard? It all boils down to how much time and patience you have. The only "hard" aspect is not getting bored with it before you get there.

The elite tasks take all of what? 1-2 hours to do? It's not some long lasting repeatable content that's going to keep high level people busy. Things like GWD and corporeal beast are those things. Mid-80's would have been plenty enough of a requirement for what it is, and it would have been within reach of a much wider range of players.

Riqualyn.png

As a runescape classic player since 2001 - A scapeboardian (who doesnt remember you =\) I LIVE for high level content updates. I dont think people are disrespecting others because they are happy a diary has been made tough to complete with a reasonable goal. I'm a big fan of hard quests and high level content and feel the newer players and returning players have TONS of stuff to do to where I don't get why they are upset.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

What at all about 90+ in any skill is hard? It all boils down to how much time and patience you have. The only "hard" aspect is not getting bored with it before you get there.

The elite tasks take all of what? 1-2 hours to do? It's not some long lasting repeatable content that's going to keep high level people busy. Things like GWD and corporeal beast are those things. Mid-80's would have been plenty enough of a requirement for what it is, and it would have been within reach of a much wider range of players.

Hey! Grinding is very hard for some people!

... Mostly due to lack of patience, like you just said... :P

I do somewhat agree about requirements in the 80s rather than 90s, but then also that as it stands the current Elite rewards should hardly have anyone complaining that they can't get them. They are rather meager.

I think that they designed the rewards to where people wouldn't feel obligated to have to get the Elite achievements to complete their AD set, and to where the Elite reward was worthwhile only if you already were close in those skills or had some plans to train them in the near future.

Unrelated to the comment above:

It's too bad that these go in the cape slot; I had always counted the Quest Point Cape as the cape of achievement. Also, I duly hope that they align all pieces to a uniform look when all slots are filled.

2dgucz6.png