20-Oct-2009 - Ardougne Achievement Diary

C110

WOW

when i saw -tele to ardy patch once every day- i said meh this could've been way better reward w/o the time limit...but also overpowered :^o

but then my dream came true....elite content that's higher even then all other highest upgrades this year! every update jagex just keep getting higher and higher reqs... :-D

80 wc < 90 agility < 80 mining + 90 fishing < 96 herby < 91 smith&93 summoning

TBH now "achievement diaries cape" > questcape

it have more than the rights to have it's own cape!

want_a_box.png

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a goal, there're always 99s for you to go for. But a diary completion really should be within the reach of us normal players instead of catered to <1% of the rs population.

That's what the easy, medium and hard levels are for.

Seriously, if you could "complete" Runescape in a week, nobody would keep paying for it. Jagex has to have exclusive high level content. Something for everyone along the way is the ideal. I probably never will be able to do the elite level tasks (unless I just decide to go for it, which I won't). But there are a lot of things like that in this game. I say pick something within reach and go for it and stop worrying about what's not in reach.

punitivedsig.png

People complain when there is no high level content. Then they complain when they do. Interesting :unsure:

To clear my stance up, I've never complained about the lack of high level content. In fact, I rarely complain about anythng jagex throws at us. I dislike the fact of rs turning into a get 99 everything race, but I bear with it. I'm okay when requirements are within reach, even it will take me weeks to get it. But 93 summoning? 91 smithing? These are levels that even a high level like me who've put hundreds of hours into the game and say, W T F. If you want a goal, there're always 99s for you to go for. But a diary completion really should be within the reach of us normal players instead of catered to <1% of the rs population. 6002 players with 93 summon/1m (say just 1 million total rs players)= 0.6%.

There's a reason it's called 'elite'.

How the hell can people complain?

Im a high level and even I have to gain 11 levels in smithing to complete the Elite section. Im happy, because it gives me a reason to level up my smithing now. See it as an incentive to train your skills, instead of whining just because you cant do them :rolleyes:

Its reminding me of the recent herblore update that some players ruined for the others with the whining :wall:

fml...the hard diary is not even close to being "hard" compared to other hard diaries, and then the elite diary jumps to just absurdly high requirements. Just the summmoning alone, only 6002 players out of all of us have this req. The jump in levels is ridiculous for us casual players who're not on 24/7. Obviously jagex has forgotten about all of us and catered to those who're on 10 hours a day and complain the loudest about not high enough requirements. Most of us just want to complete the diaries will probably NEVER get all those levels.

Why is jagex releasing content for such a small minority of players? This is such a slap in the face for the majority of us

All I can say to your idiocy is-PWNT

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

In other news...

Health bars will no longer become completely red unless the player/monster has zero hitpoints.

Thank god...So does this mean no more redbarred opponents?

Now when they run and tele they just have a sliver of life left :P

Great update!

35b9enp.jpg

Lol @ Jagex misspelling Witchhaven in the Elite Diary :P and a good thing that Jagex releases something that's a challenge to even the highest leveled players!

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

People complain when there is no high level content. Then they complain when they do. Interesting :unsure:

To clear my stance up, I've never complained about the lack of high level content. In fact, I rarely complain about anythng jagex throws at us. I dislike the fact of rs turning into a get 99 everything race, but I bear with it. I'm okay when requirements are within reach, even it will take me weeks to get it. But 93 summoning? 91 smithing? These are levels that even a high level like me who've put hundreds of hours into the game and say, W T F. If you want a goal, there're always 99s for you to go for. But a diary completion really should be within the reach of us normal players instead of catered to <1% of the rs population. 6002 players with 93 summon/1m (say just 1 million total rs players)= 0.6%.

Obviously I'm preaching to the wrong crowd here. If you're posting here in the middle of a Tuesday, you're NOT the typical rs player. Don't think I'm a lvl 100 here with an 1700 total. I've played rs since feb 2002 and rank 40,000 on the highscores. Just within the hiscores 40k/2m I rank within the top 2% of rs players. But no, that's apparently nowhere near elite according to jagex. the 0.6% I gave earlier is a very conservative estimate, I would say that <0.5% of rs will get access to this piece of content. Jagex should not expect even all elite players to achieve those elvels.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Obviously I'm preaching to the wrong crowd here. If you're posting here in the middle of a Tuesday, you're NOT the typical rs player. Don't think I'm a lvl 100 here with an 1700 total. I've played rs since feb 2002 and rank 40,000 on the highscores. Just within the hiscores 40k/2m I rank within the top 2% of rs players. But no, that's apparently nowhere near elite according to jagex. the 0.6% I gave earlier is a very conservative estimate, I would say that <0.5% of rs will get access to this piece of content. Jagex should not expect even all elite players to achieve those elvels.

You do realise it is evening for people in the UK right now? And while only 0.5% of RS players will have access to that content now (assuming your numbers are correct), more will be able to access every day as people get their skills up. If you don't want to raise your skills to that level because it isn't fun, or you don't think you can do it without sacrificing a social life, then just don't do it. I find it quite ironic how you are implying people with the skills to do the elite challenges have "no life", yet you find time to whine on a forum about a game.

Since when has content ever been mandatory? It's stuff for people to do. I can't do a lot of things yet, but I'm glad they're there. If I could do them all, this game would seem too easy. Oh, and someone can be ranked in the top 1,000 people in the game and not be able to do this content, so don't think your "top 2%" means anything. It doesn't correlate.

If you don't have the stats, just don't do the elite content yet. Nobody said you had the right to do everything in the game, or else we wouldn't have levels at all. It would be a FPS, and nobody wants another Counter Strike.

When I started playing it was an uber-rare thing to see a player over lvl 100. Usually they were surrounded by a cloud of lower lvls bugging them. Now, it seems like the majority of players are 100+. So the elite section of this diary caters to less than 6000 players; and? Whats wrong with having some content that targets "elite" players? This situation reminds me of the people who will call you a noob ingame for being lower level than them, but will call you a no-lifer for being higher.

newge4.png

farm patch tele turns you into a tree lol

091020131822o.png

and new corp gear looks good with void

091020131907.png

Cape matches ur outfit too! :twss:

And +6 prayer bonus wow...

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Any screens of elite diary?

I am interested in tasks of it.

Catch a manta ray in the Fishing Trawler minigame (81 fishing)

Have an abyssal titan hold essence for you, while runecrafting at Ourania altar. (93 summoning)

Attempt to picklock the door of the basement in Yanille Agility Dungeon. (82 thieving)

Remove pure essence from a giant pouch at Ourania Altar. (75 runecrafting)

Make a rune crossbow yourself, from scratch, performing each step within either Witchaven or Yanille. (91 smithing, 69 fletching, 60 woodcutting)

From page 6 by Pirrka. :smile:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Any screens of elite diary?I am interested in tasks of it.

Catch a manta ray in the Fishing Trawler minigame.

Have an abyssal titan familiar hold essence for you, while runecrafting at Ourania Altar.

Attempt to picklock the door to the basement in Yanille Agility Dungeon.

Remove pure essence from a giant pouch at Ourania Altar.

Make rune crossbow yourself, from scratch, performing each step within either Withchaven or Yanille.

EDIT: Oops, I got beaten to it. :P

fml...the hard diary is not even close to being "hard" compared to other hard diaries, and then the elite diary jumps to just absurdly high requirements. Just the summmoning alone, only 6002 players out of all of us have this req. The jump in levels is ridiculous for us casual players who're not on 24/7. Obviously jagex has forgotten about all of us and catered to those who're on 10 hours a day and complain the loudest about not high enough requirements. Most of us just want to complete the diaries will probably NEVER get all those levels.

Why is jagex releasing content for such a small minority of players? This is such a slap in the face for the majority of us

Get over it.

I don't think there's been an update, ever, that everyone has been happy with. There's always someone nit-picking. No-one tells you that you HAVE to do the diary, it's there however if you chose to do it. If the levels had of been 70 you'd be complaining. Jagex forgetting about players? I take it you've had a 4 year absence from the game? Or are you just completely blind as-to the almost weekly updates? Open your eyes and start training your levels. :-|

RIP Michaelangelopolous

For most of the "Good we finally have "elite" requirements for things" crowd running around with 99's it's like releasing some content where you need 45 million xp for one task, and 60 million for another...

Look at quest requirements... 75 is the highest skill requirements needed for any of them. Level 75 needs 1,210,421 xp, that's 10% of the way to 99 as far as XP is concerned. That already takes a fair amount of time to get to for any normal player who isn't trying to powerlevel their way up. 91 is 4.5 times the amount of xp, and 93 is 6 times the amount of xp!

Summoning at least has some worthwhile things upto 93... but even then only 6,756 as of this post have 93 summoning. Smithing is even worse, Aside from the 99 cape there is really any reason to go that high. The top 5,570 are 99. All of 10,713 people have 90 or higher. That says volumes about the state of smithing... Unless you're going for the cape it's just not worth training that high. Smithing IS getting a revamp which is good, but should people have to train an otherwise useless skill up that high for a single step of something? The Dragon platebody and DFS aren't exactly justifying reasons either since a couple people could probably keep up with the demand for those services...

Riqualyn.png

Are the elite tasks assistable? The smithing one is the only one i cant do,

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12