Leaked picture of a new rs interface?

z0diark

Hopefully it's real.

I'll be looking forward to finding out how many days/hours of my life i've wasted scaping. :thumbsup:

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Signature_Lady_Gaga_3_by_Sed_rah.jpg

appmanagercrown.pngTKO Blitz Member | bluepd5.gifEx-Tempted Killers Council

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its a fake, its very well done.

The text at the top does not match anything currently in use, but Jagex already have several fonts on the go. Besides, if they were faking and wanted to use that style, why not use the real deal and grap the letters off the main site? There is a style like that already (All caps, but with 2 sizes) , so why that wouldn't be used does raise suspecion.

As to the 'a' vs 'an' thing, its simple. The name of the monster is likely stored as "Tormented Demon" not "A Tormented Demon". Everything else would be a template, and apparently it uses 'a'. Were this to be released, they would likely fix it so that it uses 'an' where appropriate. This would not be Jagex's first gramatical error. The icons all fit what is currently in use.

I don't know. I would like to know where this came from before I pass judgement. I would like to see the rest of the page too. I can't fully belive thats real, as much as I might like it to be.

I'm going to say it's a fake because when you really think about it, right now the high scores don't update in real time, they update once you log out of your account. So how would the feed for "I killed such and such monster" work? It would only make sense if the page was updated as your playing but think of how much resources this would take to be able to do that. Plus why would you need an RSS feed for your own activity?

Add in the fact the grammatical errors and a grayish background (why not brown to match with the rest of the site?) it just seems like a really well done fake. Also at the top where it gives rank, and total level, and total experience, why are they white while the rest is a greyish transparent colour? Doesn't seem to really fit in.

Could be a RSS feed for your friends?

And it could log all those things after you log out.

21233608.png

in new york, concrete jungle where dreams are made of

theres nothing you cant do, now youre in new york

these streets will make you feel brand new

big lights will inspire you, lets here it for new york

It looks ok, aside from the gramma (howerver u spell it!) errors this wouldnt be to bad a thing to look at, AND i would b able to tell people my avrage play time (proving I DONT play the game for 5+ hours a day! :D I kno acc creation date) :D

Ill ask a j-mod friend later today :D (yes im irl friends with J-mods)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I'm going to say it's a fake because when you really think about it, right now the high scores don't update in real time, they update once you log out of your account. So how would the feed for "I killed such and such monster" work? It would only make sense if the page was updated as your playing but think of how much resources this would take to be able to do that. Plus why would you need an RSS feed for your own activity?

Add in the fact the grammatical errors and a grayish background (why not brown to match with the rest of the site?) it just seems like a really well done fake. Also at the top where it gives rank, and total level, and total experience, why are they white while the rest is a greyish transparent colour? Doesn't seem to really fit in.

If it was an RSS feed for friend's activity wouldn't it be over on the other side?

I agree it could log all those things after you log out but if you were logged on for a couple hours the list of tasks you could have done in that time could be huge.

Who spends their time making such a good fake? Seems real enough to me.

You'd be surprised how many actually do. A lot of people make fakes as a hobby and some of them are really well done.

If it's real, I can't let my dad see the time played, that's for sure.

Anyway, I doubt it is real-The old stat icons and the default forum avatar are both there.

Plus, date is today, so...

Also, who fights a Mithril Dragon, suddenly decides to go fight an (Look, just one) abyssal demon, then go back to the dragons?

Notice, that's the Friend's activity collom.

091024123919.png

Saw this pic linked in irc (from a top 100 player I won't name). Apparently he got it from a friend and I'm guessing it's related to the update Jagex promised about showing your total gameplay hours etc. What do you guys think, fake or legit?

Em I asked a few j-mods could they tell me how long I player RuneScape for and they said couldn't due to the data protection act (I think that's what the law is called). So I'm wondering....

howlin1eeveesig.png

I'm not sure what to think really. It just seems too good to be true. On the other hand it does look legit.....I'll just have to wait I guess.

091024123919.png

Saw this pic linked in irc (from a top 100 player I won't name). Apparently he got it from a friend and I'm guessing it's related to the update Jagex promised about showing your total gameplay hours etc. What do you guys think, fake or legit?

Em I asked a few j-mods could they tell me how long I player RuneScape for and they said couldn't due to the data protection act (I think that's what the law is called). So I'm wondering....

Never heard of it....MMG will tell anyone their play time if they PM him and he's not busy. Just don't ask in the CC he gets mad :ohnoes:.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

It looks ok, aside from the gramma (howerver u spell it!) errors this wouldnt be to bad a thing to look at, AND i would b able to tell people my avrage play time (proving I DONT play the game for 5+ hours a day! :D I kno acc creation date) :D

Dude... Stfu about being friends with J-mods in real life. Every post I have seen you post you've managed to put that in there. Nobody cares dude...

Anyways, I think this is awesome. Even though its probably scary how long I have played this game. I'd like to know my play time =p.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I already kinda hate myself for how much I play runescape, but then I look at most of my friends who xbox whenever they aren't in school

I think it's fake because of the fact that "he got a d claws drop" that just makes me question it

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

War is not about who's right, it's about who's left

If it was an RSS feed for friend's activity wouldn't it be over on the other side?

I agree it could log all those things after you log out but if you were logged on for a couple hours the list of tasks you could have done in that time could be huge.

That is true, but remember - this was claimed to have been leaked, so this could still be in beta testing or even in development still. There still could be some things to fix up, like the font, etc.

21233608.png

in new york, concrete jungle where dreams are made of

theres nothing you cant do, now youre in new york

these streets will make you feel brand new

big lights will inspire you, lets here it for new york

I'm not sure what to about it. It looks legit, but there's a couple things that don't add up. As some people stated before it has the old skill icons even though the activities listed are very recent. Another thing that looks a little bit "fake" are the skill levels. If you notice he has 15 level 99 skills, and he hasn't even been playing a year. I love the design and layout with the blog-like listing, I just don't think it's real.

7049be8d11.png

archsupportei2.png

Proudly achieved 99 fletching before the 'string x' option

Proudly achieved 99 firemaking before the Grand Exchange was introduced

Call me crazy but I alched all the way to 99 magic

I'm not sure what to about it. It looks legit, but there's a couple things that don't add up. As some people stated before it has the old skill icons even though the activities listed are very recent. Another thing that looks a little bit "fake" are the skill levels. If you notice he has 15 level 99 skills, and he hasn't even been playing a year. I love the design and layout with the blog-like listing, I just don't think it's real.

You all seem to be missing this: the icons on there are the same ones that are on the high scores. Yes, really. Go look.

And I believe the "Time played" is your actual time spent logged in, not time since you registered the account. So his would account to somewhere around 6893 hours played. That equals out to an average XP/hour rate of 43k, which is perfectly reasonable.

I still think it's a fake.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

There's no law against telling people how long they've accumulated on their own accounts, otherwise Blizzard would be receiving daily fines for /timeplayed.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Jagex did say they where upgrading the back-end servers so they could handle more features.

This could very well be just that. What else could it be? There is nothing else! Even if this is a faked picture, the idea that this will be made is very possible.

Prism_Swords.png

I very much doubt that you are friends with a jagex worker and you can hardly attack peoples grammar with spelling like that.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

To be honest, I'd be more inclined to think it was fake if it *didn't* have spelling/grammar errors, look how many completed developments make it into the game with these sorts of errors. I can quite easily believe this is a screenshot of something in development. I'd also say it's actually quite in-keeping with the general style of RS.

There are also similarities between the style in the screeny and say, the end of game notice at Stealing Creation.

My vote therefore is that this is real.

Mordendravid.png