The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Is it possible to complete the Varrock task "Plank you very much" (Make a plank at the sawmill) in F2P?

It says there is no requirement for the task, only need logs and 100 coins. I managed to get inside (need 80 wc) but I can't talk to any of the NPCs there, I can only examine them.

btw I spotted about 40 people (bots) woodcutting yews north of Varrock Palace, in world 161 (quick chat world), then hopped to world 113 (1000+ skill total world) - still ca. 25 botting there. I asked why would you train here if you are not botting? and 1 person out of 25 responded "Idk," maybe it was an auto response because why on earth would anyone want to try chopping there.

I reported a handful of them, some lvl3s and a few people around 90-100 combat.

edit: I also chopped down a dying tree in the lumber yard which is a part of the Varrock tasks too, but it still says I haven't completed it. weird..

Is there an F2P dungeoneering clan that I could join? Only 40 dg at the moment, but I'm 106 cb with all skills higher than 50.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

OK, I'm 99% sure I've done every task possible in F2P now.

I thought the ones below might have been possible but it seems like they aren't, checked them all.

Varrock: Plank you very much, Lumbering around

Karamja: Five a day, Put to port in Port Sarim, Fruity Catch, Back-cran door

So, 170 tasks should be the max number (for free players).

I can post a list of all the unlockable ones that are not in the Lumbridge task list if anyone wants

Huh. I have only 169 tasks completed. No idea what I am missing.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Attach a rune on an urn, that's a hidden task which a lot of people seem to wonder about.

@Anarchaotic: Dragoons, hosted by Negative12 is the one I go to. As long as you're willing to learn and know decent stuff about dungeoneering feel free to dung with them. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

So which is better for rune mining, wildy or dungeon in fally? The rune ores in wildy have 2/3 less respawn time but apparently the bh bank has disappeared? So the nearest bank is ages away, but in fallly it is very competitive, so whats better? Long bank runs with quicker times to fill inventory or very short bank runs with longer time to filll inventory?

SUPER.gif

Question: Are gravite weapons protected over rune items in wildy now? Have not owned a gravite weapon but seeing that Chaotics > Korasi etc in P2p, just curious.

If you can survive in wildy while mining, pick wildy over resource dungeon (with a scout). If not, just do safely in non wild.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

There's an f2p dungeoneering clan chat, if i remember correctly? Maxed friend wants to screw around in f2p dungeons for fun on his alt, and the noob teams are annoying him. If there's a clan chat i can direct him to he'd be grateful. :)

Like I said, Dragoons cc (friends or clan) by Negative12.

Also, where can we see our death values? I want to see the protect values of dung items too.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

There's an f2p dungeoneering clan chat, if i remember correctly? Maxed friend wants to screw around in f2p dungeons for fun on his alt, and the noob teams are annoying him. If there's a clan chat i can direct him to he'd be grateful. :)

Like I said, Dragoons cc (friends or clan) by Negative12.

Also, where can we see our death values? I want to see the protect values of dung items too.

For now, you have to infer them. I imagine Jagex will update it soon enough.

Easter event any good? And when does it end?

And p.s when mining iron if you havent already realised a person is a bot from their slow reactions and silence etc. They also follow you which is funny to see when they have a misclcik.

SUPER.gif

And p.s when mining iron if you havent already realised a person is a bot from their slow reactions and silence etc. They also follow you which is funny to see when they have a misclcik.

The easter event is 'decent'. Awsome graphics, a bit basic story, reward is a bit girly (finally!) but the extra items in Diango's shop compensate that for the boys for sure. Fireworks for sale so long the easter event is active..

Personally i would like to see this tree-season-world as extra lvl 50 resource dungeon! Add some yews, a miningspot in the cave, some farmingspots for members and it's complete.

The easter event ends 31 April.

greedy44.png

Attach a rune on an urn, that's a hidden task which a lot of people seem to wonder about.

I believe I have done that, are there any other hidden tasks?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

When rune mining in wildy what is your banking run? Where do you go e.g use cannoes?

I'd assume: take a canoe from Lumbridge to the wilderness, run to the mining spot, mine till full, run to level 20 wilderness, hometele, bank, repeat.

But that's just my guess.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

The easter event is 'decent'. Awsome graphics, a bit basic story, reward is a bit girly (finally!) but the extra items in Diango's shop compensate that for the boys for sure. Fireworks for sale so long the easter event is active..

Personally i would like to see this tree-season-world as extra lvl 50 resource dungeon! Add some yews, a miningspot in the cave, some farmingspots for members and it's complete.

The easter event ends 31 April.

They said they'll keep new Diango items forever.

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

I had the same problem, until someone told me the task where you have to smith a addy med helm in the varrock task list. Try that one.

Dart.jpg

I had the same problem, until someone told me the task where you have to smith a addy med helm in the varrock task list. Try that one.

I've done that also. Thanks for the idea though. Oddly several friends in game told me that they to have only 169 tasks and they believe that to be the maximum.

Maybe this will help narrow it down:

Varrock: 22/63

Lumbridge/Draynor: 133/133

Falador 14/44

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

As of today...

Lumbridge/Draynor is 133/133.

Varrock is 23/63, tasks listed below:

1. Commerce Break (Visit the Grand Exchange)

2. Strike a Pose (Have Thessalia show you what outfits you can wear)

3. Essential Facilitator (Have Aubury teleport you to the Rune Essence mine)

4. Doing the Ironing (Mine some iron ore in the mining spot south-east of Varrock)

5. Making Learning Fun! (Enter the second level of the Stronghold of Security)

6. Read All About It (Buy a copy of the Varrock Herald)

7. Dog and Bone (Give a stray dog a bone)

8. Pot Stop (Make a bowl on a potter's wheel then fire it in the pottery oven, all in Barbarian Village)

9. On the Ragged Edge (Enter Edgeville DUngeon using the entrance south of Edgeville)

10. Journey to the Centre of the Earth Altar (Enter the Earth Altar using an Earth tiara or talisman)

11. Sherpa's Delight (Catch a trout in the river to the east of Barbarian Village)

12. King of the Castle (Find the highest point in Varrock)

13. Stick the Knife In (Venture through the cobwebbed corridor in Varrock's sewers)

14. Double-strength Weaksauce (Have the apothecary in Varrock make you a strength potion)

15. Champion! (Enter the Champion's Guild)

16. Can't Make an Omelette (Escape from the spider lair in Varrock's sweres with some red spider eggs)

17. Unlocking your Emotions (Perform th four emotes from the Stronghold of Security)

18. Promised the Earth (Enchant an earth tiara on the Earth altar)

19. Like a Varrocket (Cast the Varrock Teleport spell)

20. The Body Shop (Browse through Oziach's Armour Shop)

21. Put Your Smithing Hat On (Smith and adamant medium helm on the anvil in Varrock next to Aubury's Rune Shop)

22. Waka-Waka-Waka (Make a waka canoe near Edgeville)

23. Intersceptre (Use the skull sceptre to teleport to Barbarian Village)

Falador is 14/44:

1. The Good Stuff (Buy a stat-boosting beer from a waitress in the Rising Sun tavern)

2. Chain Store (Buy a black chainbody from Wayne's Chains, and try it on in the shop)

3. Sir Mitt (Climb to the top of the White Knight's Castle)

4. Chinchompa Powered! (Feel Ridgeley, the hairdresser's pet)

5. Fill Yer Bucket (Fill a bucket from the pump north of the Falador's west bank)

6. Elementary Medicine (Heal an elemental wizard by casting an appropriate elemental spell in him)

7. It's Not a Wabbit Season (Kill a duck in Falador Park)

8. Stand and Deliver (Kill a highwayman at the crossroads south-west of Falador)

9. Making My Mind Up (Make a mind tiara)

10. Mudskip the Light Fantastic (Recharge your Prayer points at the altar south-west of Port Sarim)

11. Going Along With the 'Fro (Talk to Party Pete in the Party Room)

12. Ice the Icy (Kill an ice giant in the Asgarnian Ice)

13. Mass Production (Craft 140 or more mind runes simultaneously)

14. The Stonemasons (Enter the Mining Guild)

No tasks can be completed from Karamja or any other task lists.

oh yeah and hi ^^

This is just my observation, but I notice several player that has low combat lvl but just enough DG lvl to enter the resource dungeon. At first, it was just going after addy and mith like crazy (it knows the moment one spawns up, and I can't even tell that fast). Then, to my astonishment, it went after the runite ores too, turn out it has 92 mining as well. (Reported, but god knows how many of them out there). Another thing I noticed is that at the hill giant place in Edge Ville dungeon, most players would quietly go after the hillies, kill ones, and move on to the next one, no one was talking at all. Actually, they don't even bother pick up their drops (I got full inventory of big bones in about 3 minutes....plus handful of limpwurt root), but then, some players would rarely hit giants, and go for the drop instead, and constantly went back to bank.

(So if you want to have fun, half kill a giant, and let rest of them kill for you and get the loot. I also grab some law and air runes for telekinetic grab just for kicks, it is good place to train prayer and make good money, of course, I would report the funny ones at the end of the day, and if they are legit, they would object when you play disruptively, sadly, none of them did....)

Makes me wonder if they actually make one bot to kill and leave the resource behind, and one specifically design to collects and gather. It's hard to tell who is legit too since many of them have quite ok names. I wouldn't dare to look at mining guild or yew places, or lobs fishing place, coz it will probably make me depress even more.

a happy Runescaper

Makes me wonder if they actually make one bot to kill and leave the resource behind, and one specifically design to collects and gather.

Yeah, they do it.

people used to RWT sort of like this after free trade stoped.

one bot would get loads of gp via any means, as allways is the case, the other bot (the player buying the geepee) would pick up item spawns and sell them to the RWT bot. thus efectively gaining large piles of pure gp out of thin air.

i dont like RWT but you have to agree, thats genius :shock:

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!