Shattered Heart Discussion

killmenub

A non-fighting mage who is part of a purely non-combat D&D...yeah a reward for a warrior is blatently whats coming.

I wouldnt be surprised if the full reward is jsut the statue replica

I wouldn't either. Surely all together the exp will be over 1M for those with skills above 70, surely that should be worth it? Again if people don't like getting the stones, the simple idea is to not get them.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be disappointed if it was just a useless replica.

I'm hoping that its location - your study - implies the replica will have some effect or function other that just looks. But that's just my opinion; the potion (2) is always half-full in my book.

:-D

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I'm slightly confused. I've read comments such as a certain period to complete the finished 'statue'. Do we only have a certain amount of time to complete it, or complete it at a particular time such as the upcoming weekend?

On the other note, I recieved my first rock after fishing about 5 monk fish.

A non-fighting mage who is part of a purely non-combat D&D...yeah a reward for a warrior is blatently whats coming.

I wouldnt be surprised if the full reward is jsut the statue replica

I wouldn't either. Surely all together the exp will be over 1M for those with skills above 70, surely that should be worth it? Again if people don't like getting the stones, the simple idea is to not get them.

Purely from the fact it takes at least 30 weeks for everyone to get the full reward makes me think it wont give a reward that gives you an unfair benefit over other players, be it in combat, in training skills or anything else.

It might give an additional experience reward in the form of lamps, or something else that gives a small benefit. My money is on that it's just the statue though, and there wouldn't be anything wrong with that.

What i do think is that Jagex should tell us upfront what the reward is, so we can decide for ourselves whether we find it worthy enough to devote our time to, at this moment we are all convicted to doing this every week for the off-chance that it *does* give something greatly beneficial.

Lord_Beloved.png

I'm slightly confused. I've read comments such as a certain period to complete the finished 'statue'. Do we only have a certain amount of time to complete it, or complete it at a particular time such as the upcoming weekend?

On the other note, I recieved my first rock after fishing about 5 monk fish.

You can complete the statue in any timespan you wish to, but you're only allowed to complete the next statue 7 days after you complete the first and so on and so forth for the next statues. This means it takes a minimum of 30 weeks to complete the POH statue as you will need 30 replica pieces in total.

The post above yours (from Howlin0001) is pure speculation on his part and has no factual basis whatsoever.

Lord_Beloved.png

Surely all together the exp will be over 1M for those with skills above 70, surely that should be worth it? Again if people don't like getting the stones, the simple idea is to not get them.

Did some multiplying. Found out if you have 99 in all skills, you will get a total of 4'366'350 exp from completing the replica statue. (Only counting adding the rocks to the statue, will be more since you get exp from trying to get the rocks.)

As you may have noticed, the first replica piece everyone recieved, is the same shape as the agility strange rock.

My theory: normal bonus xp for all skills every week for adding strange rocks to the statue in the museum, and extra bonus exp for one specific skill (first one's agility probably) every two week, when we add the repica pieces the the statue in our house. This POH statue bonus might be something like 10x the museum exp, which is reasonable considering you can only get it once every two weeks. The reward we get for completing the statue will probably be something symbolic and humble (of permanent construction.. maybe just the statue in our house), but we can only hope for something better.

Tony112x.png

My 2 cents...

* I'm personally maxed and working 30 weeks on some of the skills/training methods I don't enjoy seems rather pointless. As we don't know the reward yet and as it could be something good, I can't risk having to wait for 60 weeks to get mine.

* Getting 30*9703=291k xp from bonuses AND more than likely at least the same from getting stones per skill... Why would I for example need to break 15m farming barrier? This seems like an update that is aimed for those who are dedicated to work hard on all non-combat skills, yet they aren't 95+ yet on them.

* Most of the methods are stupid to be honest. Only pickpocketing for thieving? That reminds me of 2003 to be honest. Where's pyramid plunder? Stalls anyone? Chests? If you're lvl 50 thieving atm (101k xp) and you're heading to 99 (13m xp) the chances are that you can do 12,9m thieving xp without touching a single pocket.

When I look at the no-combat thing and really limited ways to get these things, I'm personally pretty curious to see the reward and more or less sure it won't be anything too great. Probably more helpful than diaries, but not exactly worth of 30 weeks of worth. Why not? Because first of all the xp's themselves are quite a reward. Secondly, it takes so long to get there that it would be really unfair if the reward was something totally earth shaking. Few possibilities I could think of...

* Xp lamps/books, similar to after Ardy elite. This would be a basic reward thought of someone with no imagination.

* Fancy gear that helped to train a skill/skills, similar to lumberjacker. Would fit well to the skilling theme.

* Soul rune crafting would fit in to the "rune talking" at the "history".

* Purely for looks at your house. This would be the worst possible one; it would be hidden and would have required a lot of work, in some cases for "nothing".

Anyways no matter what the final reward will be, mark my words on ranting. If it's good, people rant because it will take them forever to get there. If it's not exactly great, people will rant that they worked for ages and got nothing. If it's well balanced, people will rant because they always do. Also if Jagex doesn't release any new information about the new skill, people will link this to it. The most common things I could think of are "it's combat related because the statue has only non combats" and "it won't be a combat but because of the statue it won't be release for 30 more weeks".

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Can someone confirm:

The previous posts make it sound like it is 1 week from the date you completed your last statue that you can complete another. Is this right? It's not technically once a week, then, but a week from your last completion? Thanks.

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

I agree that people will complain whatever the reward is, which is why I urge people to keep an open mind on it as it could be literally anything.

Can the statue plinth be moved? If not, I wonder if the full statue would be, as it would then stop people from wanting to remove their study to either move or re-do their POH.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Can someone confirm:

The previous posts make it sound like it is 1 week from the date you completed your last statue that you can complete another. Is this right? It's not technically once a week, then, but a week from your last completion? Thanks.

thats true, a week from the last time you completed it

(which i already explained 4 posts above yours)

Lord_Beloved.png

I'm thinking on the weekend you can make the full statue in your house and if you miss the weekend you will be only let do it once a week.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Jagex isn't that exclusive about their D&D'.s I'd be any amount that this won't come to fruition.

What is funny is I got both fishing rocks within 1 second of each other.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

And i've been waiting 2 hours for my agility #4 now.. :angry: Stupid low wall..

I'm with you. I think agility will make this horrid for me. Even RC, which I hate above and beyond all other skills, isn't so bad because I'm at least getting runes out of it. But agility sans monkey suit? It makes my soul weep. XD

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

And i've been waiting 2 hours for my agility #4 now.. :angry: Stupid low wall..

I'm with you. I think agility will make this horrid for me. Even RC, which I hate above and beyond all other skills, isn't so bad because I'm at least getting runes out of it. But agility sans monkey suit? It makes my soul weep. XD

dorgeshuun hole in the way is the way to go for stones <3

but not everyone is 80 agility

try doing the climb over netting @ gnome agility repeatedly

that or try the low wall @ agility pyramid, and see if is any quicker than the brimhaven low wall, which takes like a full 5 seconds to climb over

Naaxi.png

dorgeshuun hole in the way is the way to go for stones <3

but not everyone is 80 agility

try doing the climb over netting @ gnome agility repeatedly

that or try the low wall @ agility pyramid, and see if is any quicker than the brimhaven low wall, which takes like a full 5 seconds to climb over

Yeah, only 75 agility here. XD I ended up doing the low wall at the agility pyramid; I'm not sure if it's faster, but it is more fun to run around than Brimhaven when I get bored. Blah. Oh well, I'll get 80 eventually and then I can bask in the novelty of Dorgeshuun for awhile.

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

Took 3 hours to get both theiving rocks. pfft

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I seem to be the only one who struggled at getting the hunter rocks. :P

No, that one was horrific for me as well. Falconry is not the quick, easy fix it was made out to be.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

No, that one was horrific for me as well. Falconry is not the quick, easy fix it was made out to be.

Yeah. You both probably had it worse than me, but it took me 1.5 hours to get the first two hunter rocks from falconry.

Yeah. You both probably had it worse than me, but it took me 1.5 hours to get the first two hunter rocks from falconry.

well it took me 3 minutes with falconry, but yeah some of my friends were there for hours upon hours. Guess i was just lucky.

Lord_Beloved.png