15-Mar-10 Lumbridge Catacombs & The Blood Pact

Toad

This quest seems "good". Although I'd rather have seen it introduced alongside some higher-level content or even something else. Quests like this make the game better, however people fail to realise that and look at this game one week at a time. If updates were released once a month, or once every two months even all at once then updates like this wouldn't get put down so much.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'd like to see the 300qp helmet combod with the quest cape please. Really like to see it with a trimmed quest cape, though.

Really pointless. If that was true, then you could get the hat before the cape and you'd instantly have a trimmed one. Which kinda beats the point in having two 99's.

No one implied it would give you a trimmed Quest Cape.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Quest reward doesn't bother me, it's a newbie quest after all. But the 300 QP helm is dissapointing, although I suspect it'll have greater use in the future. I thought it was odd that just recently they gave slayer an extra block slot with a 250 questpoint requirement, even though they would have already had this quest in the works by then. Why not introduce a 5th slot with a 300 questpoint requirement as a reward for todays update? It'd make much more sense, ah well.

quit

Oh, I'd like to see the 300qp helmet combod with the quest cape please. Really like to see it with a trimmed quest cape, though.

Really pointless. If that was true, then you could get the hat before the cape and you'd instantly have a trimmed one. Which kinda beats the point in having two 99's.

Maybe, but i don't really see any other way a "combo" would be of any use. If the helm boosts the cape or the other way around, then it's just as pointless, since you need max Qp anyway to get that combo bonus.

Maybe, but i don't really see any other way a "combo" would be of any use. If the helm boosts the cape or the other way around, then it's just as pointless, since you need max Qp anyway to get that combo bonus.

I'm pretty sure Kalafai was just talking about a "combo" of looks, not stats or boosts. They were just saying they would look good together.

Just did my write up of Kalafai's passage through the quest.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/247197-kalafai-the-wailful-waif-and-her-ailing-tutorual/page__st__20__gopid__4160609entry4160609

A couple things to note.

This IS the melee/ranged/magic tutorial, and I got to turn it on as I entered.

Also, the staff is bugged, and stuck to my hip as I hand casted air strike.

Yes, Jagex should give us a plethora of GM quests but only 2 low level quests [/sacarsm]

Did you actually read what I posted? I'm saying that we need more master and GM quests to balance out the HUGE amount of low-level quests.

Seriously, get over it. The people complaining about how this quest is low leveled aren't even appreciating the storyline and graphics that definitely took quite a bit of effort. If you are a regular reader/poster of Tip.It, you're also at the stage where even a quest that takes a whole 2-3 hours would not be comparable to like what, thousands of hours that you've spent leveling your character to the levels you have now? I'd say that this would be a flaw with the EXP system, shifting a milion or so of the 6.5mil EXP from 92-99 to the bottom half would help a lot, but that's not the point.

I didn't appreciate the quest? That's news to me. It's not the quest itself that bothers me. On the contrary, I think it's a great introduction to combat for beginners. What bothers me is the lack of content at the higher end of the level spectrum.

The quest is out, the monsters are great for newbies compared to cows, cows and cows. What do you want, a rollback? Jagex isn't going to push all 60+ content designers to develop only high level content. The only high level content, after the upper ends of the skills are filled, would be quests, that probably won't even account for 5% of your total game time.

Yes, I was totally hinting at a rollback. :rolleyes: Jagex SHOULD be putting 60% of their content designers on high-level content. We still have skills that pretty much end in the 80's and low 90's (catching butterflies for hunter does NOT count as high-level content, in my opinion). We have a serious lack of boss monsters, high-level quests, elite diaries (not for long, hopefully), and incentive to level most skills beyond 80.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You're right. I've gotten spoiled and used to updates that are good. Clearly I should sit around and keep paying them sleep inducing updates.

There is one pretty simple solution. GTFO ... really. If you're not happy stop complaining all the time (YES I AM WATCHING YOU ... ALL OF YOU ... SILENTLY IN THE CORNER ... anyways back to .. >) it's getting old =/.

Stop complaning about people complaning about valid things.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

i killed the people :9

Yeah, I even killed the guy who looked remorseful. :D

Oh, and a big old DERP to the morningrise guy, who gives a flying ...

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Sell the statuettes to mandrith in pvp or bounty worlds, he exchanges them for exp lamps!

Are you serious? *twitch* You can keep your 2k gold lady, I want mah xp!

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I'm glad Jagex made this update. They need to have new content for high level players, low level players and everywhere inbetween. For the last year or so, Jagex has added almost

no new quests for low-levels. As for the 300 QP helmet, even looking at it I was disappointed, and I don't even have 200 QP. They should've made it look like something different, completely new.

I was thinking like a black Fremminik helm, except with horns coming out the back of the helm. Almost like the Helm of Darkness(Greek Mythology).

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Did they ever explain what so-and-so the person they kidnapped had to do with their "blood pact"?

If they did, I don't remember it. Something about her being a student at the Wizard's Tower.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

i'm not sure how many true new level 3's will even do this quest

it should simply be the next part of the tutorial island directly when new account are created

it seems like false advertising as the catacombs are literally crawling with monsters to fight

how many other dungeons in rs come even close to having that many monsters of the same type???

why is it that level 85 slayers have to compete to access abby demons at the slayer castle?

there aren't that many abby demon spawns to start with its stupid and the # of people with 85 slayer just increases daily.

also the catacombs are not that noob friendly why is there that super long walk to actually reach the monster dungeon part?

they should make a simple shortcut so that you are immediately where the monsters are when you enter where xenia is

i didnt kill any monsters but are there fires and do the monsters drop meat to cook?

the little goblin hut with the fire beside the fishers across the lummy bridge seems more like a true noob friendly training spot.

if the monsters autoattacked this would be a good dungeon for lvl 5-30 to even train, why can't there be a toggle option to make monsters auto attack?

also the catacombs are not that noob friendly why is there that super long walk to actually reach the monster dungeon part?

they should make a simple shortcut so that you are immediately where the monsters are when you enter where xenia is

Shortcut hole immediatly to the left, it's less than ten paces to walk.

Yeah. The new "combat tutorial for newbs" is just fine. I do think, however, that they could've/should've given something better for hitting the epic goal of 300 QPs. I mean, even if it was just partially useful I;d be happy. But instead, it's a 0-stat piece of aesthetic nonsense.

a70c7.png