15-Mar-10 Lumbridge Catacombs & The Blood Pact

Toad

Because it's not like high levels have tonnes and tonnes of content already is it? :rolleyes: Jagex have been giving high level content updates for months now, and the moment they release something for the low levels it's suddenly 'OMG LOW LEVELS GET EVERYTHING.' <_<

High levels had about two-three months worth of updates, after being consistently ignored for YEARS. The last two quests have been novice-level quests.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised people are even complaining about this quest. It's fun and gives f2p more content. But the 300 QP reward I am disappointed with. The helm does look cool, but only by itself. It won't look good with anything but the quest cape, and it's completely useless too :\

wl7w9j.png

Excellent quest considering it's novice. The design of the dungeon is superb, while the rewards are very decent considering for whom they're aimed (many people in this thread seem to forget that).

It doesn't always have to be epic content.

Agreed on the 300QP helm though, I was expecting slighty more for something that takes so long to get...

What pleased me most this week was the changes made to Shattered Heart Agility rocks... :-) I'll do the quest later, but no desire for it at the moment.

Where can this be found?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Say, what happens if you chose to let the cultists go? I picked the kill option for the first guy, and since there's no turning back I killed the other two as well. :twisted:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Because it's not like high levels have tonnes and tonnes of content already is it?

Are we playing the same game?

The game has far too much content at mid-level just look at all the armour choices if your defense is 40.

The game needs more high-level content, of course there isn't enough.

For years jagex has been catering to the mid-level player and now they are catering to the newbs.

High levels got a FEW updates after months of neglect. It's not enough at all.

It's traditional in this game to level up on cows, and it's cute and it earns good gp if you bank hides and the meat.

The time it takes to level from combat lvl 1 to combat lvl 20 is so short that making special content just to speed that along is dubious.

They are also the main reason hp was changed which affects all players gameplay.

Excellent quest considering it's novice. The design of the dungeon is superb, while the rewards are very decent considering for whom they're aimed (many people in this thread seem to forget that).

It doesn't always have to be epic content.

Agreed on the 300QP helm though, I was expecting slighty more for something that takes so long to get...

What pleased me most this week was the changes made to Shattered Heart Agility rocks... :-) I'll do the quest later, but no desire for it at the moment.

Where can this be found?

Patch Notes. Then see the KB page for Shattered Heart for more info. :thumbsup:

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Because it's not like high levels have tonnes and tonnes of content already is it?

Are we playing the same game?

The game has far too much content at mid-level just look at all the armour choices if your defense is 40.

The game needs more high-level content, of course there isn't enough.

For years jagex has been catering to the mid-level player and now they are catering to the newbs.

High levels got a FEW updates after months of neglect. It's not enough at all.

It's traditional in this game to level up on cows, and it's cute and it earns good gp if you bank hides and the meat.

The time it takes to level from combat lvl 1 to combat lvl 20 is so short that making special content just to speed that along is dubious.

They are also the main reason hp was changed which affects all players gameplay.

No, the main reason of the HP change was to give the game a better method of dealing HP that will allow Jagex to develop methods of preventing one-hit ko weapons. Giving newbs an easier time was just more incentive to go with the update.

wl7w9j.png

Nothing happens if you let them live. Their stuff just appears on the ground, and you continue on.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

The majority of players are low to mid leveled which is why updates tend to be made more often for those groups of players. Quest looks short and sweet nothing to really complain about.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

High levels had about two-three months worth of updates, after being consistently ignored for YEARS. The last two quests have been novice-level quests.

Wow, 2 in a row? Jagex is really focusing on newbs. In fact this is the first newb level quest in years. The last 6 quests have been like this:

Novice (todays)

Novice

Grandmaster

Master

Master

Master

Nothing happens if you let them live. Their stuff just appears on the ground, and you continue on.

Well in my quest log, it says that I'm the one who unlocked the bottom level of the catacombs after killing all the members and completing the blood pact. That's a good thing, right? :unsure:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

- From the Shattered Heart KB page:

Agility: Brimhaven Agility Arena (one chance per 10 tickets)

I read that as saying you can't just hop the low wall anymore.

They did explicitly add Ape Atoll course.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

For F2P: A nice, small quest update for them that gets them some nifty-looking gear.

For P2P: Sorry, not every quest that comes your way can be the next "While Guthix Sleeps". Or even "Legends". Or even "Heroes".

Well they should. Newbs have WAY TOO MUCH GOD DAMN CONTENT! I got my girlfriend into this game and she can't complete it all at a low level. Impossible. She killed the damn vampire at level 40 something. I was trying to freak her out saying it was really hard and she killed it in like 3 hits. And if you're a newbie member? I won't even go there...

It's a quest for freeplayers. Honestly. Get a hold of yourself.

It's one quest update that they get since Rune Mysteries. A permanent quest. Surely you can give them that this week?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Wow, 2 in a row? Jagex is really focusing on newbs. In fact this is the first newb level quest in years. The last 6 quests have been like this:

Novice (todays)

Novice

Grandmaster

Master

Master

Master

That's not nearly enough. There is a plethora of low-level quests but only two grandmaster quests. If next week's update is the opening of the strange power dungeon, replete with boss monsters and high-level gear/weapons, I'll be satisfied. There is a huge gap of empty space between level 75 and level 99 in combat skills that DESPERATELY needs to be filled in.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

All courses have been added but its explicitly for completing a lap of now (other than brimhaven which is per 10 tickets)

to me that reads as a clear no obstacle hopping you have to do do the course/game

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

ITT: Jagex releases a newbie quest. Crybabies whine because it's not of Dragon Slayer caliber, and gives newbie rewards (What a surprise!)

emot-qq.gif

well actualy if it was dragon slayer caliber, id still say its a horrible quest, i 2 hit elvarg without the shield

id like a quest fight harder than nomad, i hope in nomads sequal hes lvl 799 and has a max of 1157 (1 lp from max hp) and maybe still 1k hp but heals more, like u kill him from 1000->0 he revives to 750 then he revives to 500 then revives to 250 then finaly dies

Yeah, lets give f2p a harder quest boss monster then Nomad and see how that goes. :P

"Finaly f2p get an update, but its impossible to complete without maxed f2p melee stats."

Dragith Nurn, any references in the name?

My first thought was "Was that dude one of the ancient Dagon'Hai Leaders?"

All courses have been added but its explicitly for completing a lap of now (other than brimhaven which is per 10 tickets)

to me that reads as a clear no obstacle hopping you have to do do the course/game

Not ALL courses. I do believe the penguin course is excluded. Rocks don't like to pop out of the ice, apparently. ;-)

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

That's not nearly enough. There is a plethora of low-level quests but only two grandmaster quests. If next week's update is the opening of the strange power dungeon, replete with boss monsters and high-level gear/weapons, I'll be satisfied. There is a huge gap of empty space between level 75 and level 99 in combat skills that DESPERATELY needs to be filled in.

Yes, Jagex should give us a plethora of GM quests but only 2 low level quests [/sacarsm]

Seriously, get over it. The people complaining about how this quest is low leveled aren't even appreciating the storyline and graphics that definitely took quite a bit of effort. If you are a regular reader/poster of Tip.It, you're also at the stage where even a quest that takes a whole 2-3 hours would not be comparable to like what, thousands of hours that you've spent leveling your character to the levels you have now? I'd say that this would be a flaw with the EXP system, shifting a milion or so of the 6.5mil EXP from 92-99 to the bottom half would help a lot, but that's not the point.

The quest is out, the monsters are great for newbies compared to cows, cows and cows. What do you want, a rollback? Jagex isn't going to push all 60+ content designers to develop only high level content. The only high level content, after the upper ends of the skills are filled, would be quests, that probably won't even account for 5% of your total game time.

Zepheras.png

-F1775

Seems like it is quite a nice dungeon for low level players. Good training ground if you hate cows and goblins.

Never thought about that, this might be a way of localizing the game to India, since now low levels have even more training options than cows.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Seems like it is quite a nice dungeon for low level players. Good training ground if you hate cows and goblins.

Never thought about that, this might be a way of localizing the game to India, since now low levels have even more training options than cows.

This post is full of win.

I always found it funny when the Indian servers were crowded with people killing cows.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Overall, a great addition to the f2p game, and it demonstrates how the combat triangle is supposed to work really well. It's what the 'newbie' stage of the game needed.

~ W ~

sigzi.png