15-Mar-10 Lumbridge Catacombs & The Blood Pact

Toad

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell the statuettes to mandrith in pvp or bounty worlds, he exchanges them for exp lamps!

Are you serious? *twitch* You can keep your 2k gold lady, I want mah xp!

can anybody else confirm this?

I did this with the guy at Lumbridge in a PVP world and he said that he "didn't know what to do with them". I'm not sure if there's a difference between him and Mandrith though, but most likely there isn't.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Sell the statuettes to mandrith in pvp or bounty worlds, he exchanges them for exp lamps!

Are you serious? *twitch* You can keep your 2k gold lady, I want mah xp!

can anybody else confirm this?

I did this with the guy at Lumbridge in a PVP world and he said that he "didn't know what to do with them". I'm not sure if there's a difference between him and Mandrith though, but most likely there isn't.

I tried both. Neither worked.

1 defence pure pvp vid 1:

sig.jpg

jedislayer14.png

Proud to have achieved 97 cooking F2P

i killed the people :9

Yeah, I even killed the guy who looked remorseful. :D

Oh, and a big old DERP to the morningrise guy, who gives a flying ...

I don't normally pull this card, but if I could see your levels I bet they'd explain why you don't give a flying whatever about high-level content.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I think Morningrise needs to stop talking about high level content when Jagex has already stated that they are working on filling all the levels from 80 up for all skills. No one likes broken records. Stop whining and just wait patiently for Jagex to carry out their promise. Otherwise, cancel your membership and stop talking about it, because Jagex schedules their own developments months in advance and they dont rely on community feedback to alter their development schedules.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Jagex should give us a plethora of GM quests but only 2 low level quests [/sacarsm]

Did you actually read what I posted? I'm saying that we need more master and GM quests to balance out the HUGE amount of low-level quests.

Seriously, get over it. The people complaining about how this quest is low leveled aren't even appreciating the storyline and graphics that definitely took quite a bit of effort. If you are a regular reader/poster of Tip.It, you're also at the stage where even a quest that takes a whole 2-3 hours would not be comparable to like what, thousands of hours that you've spent leveling your character to the levels you have now? I'd say that this would be a flaw with the EXP system, shifting a milion or so of the 6.5mil EXP from 92-99 to the bottom half would help a lot, but that's not the point.

I didn't appreciate the quest? That's news to me. It's not the quest itself that bothers me. On the contrary, I think it's a great introduction to combat for beginners. What bothers me is the lack of content at the higher end of the level spectrum.

The quest is out, the monsters are great for newbies compared to cows, cows and cows. What do you want, a rollback? Jagex isn't going to push all 60+ content designers to develop only high level content. The only high level content, after the upper ends of the skills are filled, would be quests, that probably won't even account for 5% of your total game time.

Yes, I was totally hinting at a rollback. :rolleyes: Jagex SHOULD be putting 60% of their content designers on high-level content. We still have skills that pretty much end in the 80's and low 90's (catching butterflies for hunter does NOT count as high-level content, in my opinion). We have a serious lack of boss monsters, high-level quests, elite diaries (not for long, hopefully), and incentive to level most skills beyond 80.

If you don't like catching butterflies, that's your problem. It's good EXP for those who train on it. It is high level content. I'm personally not interested in catching more powerful grenades either.

And since you're going to be bothered by the lack of high level content every time a low level content appears, I might as well just auto-censor the parts that I would expect to hear over and over again. You just don't seem to understand that it's impossible for high level content to take up the majority of your gameplay time. Diaries and quests just take a few hours, new high level training method are scapegoats for players to complain (again) about how the skill is 'easier'. Anything requiring twitch skills gets nerfed.

I'm pretty sure that 80+ weapons and armour are coming out this year, which pretty much bring combat on the whole to the elite level already, seeing that prayer and summoning are 'complete'. Let's hear players whine again when they realised that those items cannot be bought with cash.

On topic:

Is no one excited by the fact that the staff held by Dragith Nurn and the mage from Shattered Hearts are ALMOST SIMILAR?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I think Morningrise needs to stop talking about high level content when Jagex has already stated that they are working on filling all the levels from 80 up for all skills. No one likes broken records. Stop whining and just wait patiently for Jagex to carry out their promise. Otherwise, cancel your membership and stop talking about it, because Jagex schedules their own developments months in advance and they dont rely on community feedback to alter their development schedules.

Why is the first response to any form of complaint, "cancel your membership," as if the lack of high-level content in certain skills and areas somehow diminishes all other forms of fun that I may have playing this game? You should take a few courses in logic and critical thinking.

Your other points are immaterial. I've been playing this game for nearly a decade, and I'd like to wear armor worthy of my defense level. My point is that I'd like this armor SOONER rather than LATER; sooner being within the next few months. Runescape is the only MMO that I know of that has a veritable glut of low-level content and arguably no real high-level content (with the exception of the Corporeal Beast, perhaps, as good teams require extremely high levels in multiple skills).

Call me a broken record if you'd like, but I'm far from the only player who feels the exact same way.

EDIT:

If you don't like catching butterflies, that's your problem. It's good EXP for those who train on it. It is high level content. I'm personally not interested in catching more powerful grenades either.

Yes, my entire point was about BUTTERFLIES. Way to argue, champ. :rolleyes:

And since you're going to be bothered by the lack of high level content every time a low level content appears, I might as well just auto-censor the parts that I would expect to hear over and over again. You just don't seem to understand that it's impossible for high level content to take up the majority of your gameplay time. Diaries and quests just take a few hours, new high level training method are scapegoats for players to complain (again) about how the skill is 'easier'. Anything requiring twitch skills gets nerfed.

You really think that high level content cannot take up the majority of my gameplay? Have you ever played or at least looked into any other MMO's? Once you get to the high levels, that's ALL YOU DO. Strangely enough, it works. High level players immersing themselves in high level content?! What a concept! It also happens to be the opposite of what we have in Runescape, which is entirely counterintuitive, though I'm glad to see that it's finally being remedied (agility, herblore, slayer to some extent).

High level diaries and quests can provide high level rewards that benefit us for the rest of our Runescape careers, so I have no idea what you're on about there. I agree with you in that content requiring skill with a mouse ("twitch skills") should not be nerfed.

I'm pretty sure that 80+ weapons and armour are coming out this year, which pretty much bring combat on the whole to the elite level already, seeing that prayer and summoning are 'complete'. Let's hear players whine again when they realised that those items cannot be bought with cash.

I will be more than happy to work for my level 80 armor and weapons.

dgs5.jpg

Why is the first response to any form of complaint, "cancel your membership," as if the lack of high-level content in certain skills and areas somehow diminishes all other forms of fun that I may have playing this game? You should take a few courses in logic and critical thinking.

Your other points are immaterial. I've been playing this game for nearly a decade, and I'd like to wear armor worthy of my defense level. My point is that I'd like this armor SOONER rather than LATER; sooner being within the next few months. Runescape is the only MMO that I know of that has a veritable glut of low-level content and arguably no real high-level content (with the exception of the Corporeal Beast, perhaps, as good teams require extremely high levels in multiple skills).

Call me a broken record if you'd like, but I'm far from the only player who feels the exact same way.

EDIT:

Yes, my entire point was about BUTTERFLIES. Way to argue, champ. :rolleyes:

You really think that high level content cannot take up the majority of my gameplay? Have you ever played or at least looked into any other MMO's? Once you get to the high levels, that's ALL YOU DO. Strangely enough, it works. High level players immersing themselves in high level content?! What a concept! It also happens to be the opposite of what we have in Runescape, which is entirely counterintuitive, though I'm glad to see that it's finally being remedied (agility, herblore, slayer to some extent).

High level diaries and quests can provide high level rewards that benefit us for the rest of our Runescape careers, so I have no idea what you're on about there. I agree with you in that content requiring skill with a mouse ("twitch skills") should not be nerfed.

I will be more than happy to work for my level 80 armor and weapons.

You like high level content. Point noted. Your opinion on high level content gets 'activated' when a low level content appears. Point noted as well. Now, can we move on?

Alternatively, you can go to the RSOF and create a thread telling Jagex developers who are working on mid/low level content to stop and abandon the whole idea, because this one update must be a clear indicator that 100% (and not 40%) of the devs are working on lame low level content for the whole of 2010.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Alternatively, you can go to the RSOF and create a thread telling Jagex developers who are working on mid/low level content to stop and abandon the whole idea, because this one update must be a clear indicator that 100% (and not 40%) of the devs are working on lame low level content for the whole of 2010.

What in the world are you talking about? I wasn't aware that anyone involved in this argument was of the opinion that this quest is "a clear indicator that 100% (and not 40%) of the devs are working on lame low level content for the whole of 2010." Is this your own opinion? I can't imagine why else you would say it.

dgs5.jpg

What in the world are you talking about? I wasn't aware that anyone involved in this argument was of the opinion that this quest is "a clear indicator that 100% (and not 40%) of the devs are working on lame low level content for the whole of 2010." Is this your own opinion? I can't imagine why else you would say it.

Because you are being a broken record. A brief comment on how this update is, followed by an avalanche of posts on how we need more high level content. That is something many players are aware of, that has nothing to do with this update, and you're better off creating a entirely new thread to discuss suggestions for high level content instead. No one is arguing with you over the need of high level content in the game per se, but rather your reasoning that one low level update = we need more high level content.

Like I mentioned earlier, point noted with regards to the need of high level content. If you want to discuss about whether the graphics could be better, whether the rewards of the quests are fitting to the target group, or whether the storyline was nice, what rating would you give the quest, that would be proper discussion for this update. And this update isn't just a low level update either, it's a low level update for F2P, and a tutorial on the combat triangle, along with an expanded area for low level training besides cows and goblins, which is pretty essential in my opinion.

*imaginary crowds shouting "WE NEED MOAR HIGH LEVEL UPDATE! NO MERCH CLANS! FREE TRADE PL0X! BRING BACK WILD!" next to me*

Zepheras.png

-F1775

Because you are being a broken record. A brief comment on how this update is, followed by an avalanche of posts on how we need more high level content. That is something many players are aware of, that has nothing to do with this update, and you're better off creating a entirely new thread to discuss suggestions for high level content instead. No one is arguing with you over the need of high level content in the game per se, but rather your reasoning that one low level update = we need more high level content.

Like I mentioned earlier, point noted with regards to the need of high level content. If you want to discuss about whether the graphics could be better, whether the rewards of the quests are fitting to the target group, or whether the storyline was nice, what rating would you give the quest, that would be proper discussion for this update. And this update isn't just a low level update either, it's a low level update for F2P, and a tutorial on the combat triangle, along with an expanded area for low level training besides cows and goblins, which is pretty essential in my opinion.

*imaginary crowds shouting "WE NEED MOAR HIGH LEVEL UPDATE! NO MERCH CLANS! FREE TRADE PL0X! BRING BACK WILD!" next to me*

Once again you completely misinterpret my thoughts on this update, skewing what I said into what you wish I said. We both appear to be broken records; I think we're due for high level content, and you think... well, actually, I don't know. You don't seem to have a point other than mindlessly arguing for the sake of arguing.

I think we're done here.

dgs5.jpg

Once again you completely misinterpret my thoughts on this update, skewing what I said into what you wish I said. We both appear to be broken records; I think we're due for high level content, and you think... well, actually, I don't know. You don't seem to have a point other than mindlessly arguing for the sake of arguing.

I think we're done here.

What you think about high level updates from this update, would be as relevant as what another guy would think about F2P receving an update and linking it to the F2P VS member issue from this same update. I'm pretty surprised that the latter hasn't started. It usually begins with the "This update is useless for high level F2P", "Get members", "No", and "F2Ps don't deserve updates" crap. Your version would be "This update is good", "MOAR high level content", "Yes agreed", "No we had a lot".....

Nothing to do with the update at all. I'm done trying to point out that you're being off-topic all the time as well.

Zepheras.png

-F1775

Well, that's how it usually started. Whenever F2P get something, some people get a little trigger happy with open discussion and just fire away. I am kind of surprised that they took this from another POV saying that Jagex haven't done anything major for this year. I guess the only thing that will wow people now would be the new skill.

Anyways, we get the mask, and 3 weapons (2 music track) as reward for completing the quest right? Well counting the xp and access to the dungeon, plus 2k from those statues.

a happy Runescaper

I have an idea to make the new quest more exciting. Do it on a pvp world! :thumbup:

It's an instanced dungeon, it doesnt matter that it's on a pvp world it's still safe

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yay, new F2P quest.

Too bad it's for low leveled... Oh well, I'm still gonna do the quest for my awesome quest points.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I have an idea to make the new quest more exciting. Do it on a pvp world! :thumbup:

this one cheered me up!

Nice little quest imo - very smart to put in place the combat triangle tutorial and nice little mini-dungeon for newbies - feels like lummy needed something like this.

Question for those more aware than I: is the mask meant to do something or just there to look good? Seems a bit of a waste to me if it's just for looks...

With only Nomad to defeat for 300qp, I guess this is going to kick me into action to properly take him on...something i have been rather loath to do but no time like the present.

yon_hibernis.png

this one cheered me up!

Nice little quest imo - very smart to put in place the combat triangle tutorial and nice little mini-dungeon for newbies - feels like lummy needed something like this.

Question for those more aware than I: is the mask meant to do something or just there to look good? Seems a bit of a waste to me if it's just for looks...

With only Nomad to defeat for 300qp, I guess this is going to kick me into action to properly take him on...something i have been rather loath to do but no time like the present.

I'm in the same boat as you, except I probably won't go kill Nomad out of sheer laziness. If my mind serves me correctly, it's the only F2P helm that has Attack bonuses?

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

The mask gives +1 to all att and defence (bar summon) stats. It's one of the better f2p helms now.

The Helm of Trials (the 300qp one) gives absolutely nothing and looks a bit pants.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think a lot of people are overreacting to the addition of a new F2P quest. It is targeted at beginners, not veterans who one hit everything in that dungeon. It is not designed to be excessively challenging. On another note, how many of you have started the game knowing exactly what the combat triangle was without looking it up or being told by other people? This quest fills in the gap that the tutorials lacked, and I think is an excellent addition to the starting of the game.

That being said, I'm quite disappointed at how some people are reacting to the whole "GIVE P2P MORE HIGH LEVEL CONTENT!" thing. This is, by and large, an MMO with the needs to maintain profit margins and revenue flow. They cannot create content that only applies to 1% or less of the community that plays it. While it appeals to those who have 99s in many skills, it does not appeal to those who cannot dedicate the time, attention and money to achieve it. That being said, I think greater quests should be implemented for F2P players, especially those to tease them into paying for membership, and also assuming that the new skill being planned is only P2P. Flame me for it for all I care, but it doesn't change the fact that Jagex has, as of yet, not really removed the "demo" aspect of F2P, which, IIRC, they said they would do.

As for the 300 QP item... What can I say? It is, IMHO, by and large just an item to commerate the 300th QP of the game. Hate it, love it, despite it, but it doesn't change the fact that it is the milestone for 300QP. So what if it is ugly or statless? I'm very sure on the way to 300QP, you've benefited more than obtaining the helmet. And, judging from the effort needed to obtain said 300th Quest Point, it would be a little silly to give it insanely useful stats and bonuses. That being said, I'm sure it will have some usefulness in the long-run.

c88fa6c4d1b78db60e603ff611dd6e68.png

deviantArt | A book without a cover | My poems | My Sigs

I'm an artist of words.

No one is saying to target the top 1%, but we expect the top 20 at the very least. Frankly, the high level players are sick of it because we keep hearing from them that we're going to get high level content and what we get is junk. A couple of new Implings? Woo hoo ...?

The high level content so far this year has been shiz with a z. A BS, short Grandmaster quest, some implings, and other garbage.

I want brand new, high level content like the Living Rock Caverns. I don't want it every week, but maybe something like that once every month or two. Until then they better knock off that "2010: Year of Awesomeness" crap real effing quicking.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

That was the first quest i have ever done with out using an quest guide. :-)

We all start somewhere. I did my first quest on the release date (and therefore before there was any quest guides) of "a soul's bane" and I loved it.

I hope that this motivates for doing harder quests without guides as well.

In my opinion, quests are really boring with guides, yet they are the most fun part of runescape without them. :)

Scherzo.png