15-Mar-10 Lumbridge Catacombs & The Blood Pact

Toad

Again, I don't mind a newb quest, but the 300 QP reward is an epic fail. Why did they even bother giving a reward if it is both totally worthless statwise and doesn't look good for any outfit besides maybe a decent forum avatar. Honestly it's a huge slap in the face that the even the catacomb mask has better stats than the 300 QP reward.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Jagex should give us a plethora of GM quests but only 2 low level quests [/sacarsm]

Seriously, get over it. The people complaining about how this quest is low leveled aren't even appreciating the storyline and graphics that definitely took quite a bit of effort. If you are a regular reader/poster of Tip.It, you're also at the stage where even a quest that takes a whole 2-3 hours would not be comparable to like what, thousands of hours that you've spent leveling your character to the levels you have now? I'd say that this would be a flaw with the EXP system, shifting a milion or so of the 6.5mil EXP from 92-99 to the bottom half would help a lot, but that's not the point.

The quest is out, the monsters are great for newbies compared to cows, cows and cows. What do you want, a rollback? Jagex isn't going to push all 60+ content designers to develop only high level content. The only high level content, after the upper ends of the skills are filled, would be quests, that probably won't even account for 5% of your total game time.

All fine and well, but don't forget that as a low level, you are already totally flooded by low level quests and things to do. A lvl 5 has mostly just entered the game, and for him 57 or 58 novice quests won't make the difference. And the fact that the 58th quest is a brand new one, won't make a difference either, because all the quests will be new for him.

is it just me or is the mask with a +1 str bonus the first piece of f2p headgear with a strength bonus?

if that is not the case, we might still see it be used for "no arming" instead of coifs in pvp?

It's definately the first helm to actually have + attack bonus's in F2P though.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Dragith Nurn, any references in the name?

My first thought was "Was that dude one of the ancient Dagon'Hai Leaders?"

According to Xenia, Dragith Nurn was a magician studying necromancy in the Wizard's Tower. He used to practice his arts in the catacombs under Lumbridge. He then had a turn of heart, and sealed away his deformed creations in the catacombs. At least I think that's the main points of his story.

The quest and dungeon are nice, the mask is nice too, and the f2p weapons give a bit bigger choice in getting dressed in style for f2p. I find the 300qp helmet is dissapointing if it really just is what it is now. But you or I have overlooked something, since today i noticed a darkred cape, with something grey as holder around the neck. I saw it twice in f2p, is this a new f2p item or some old thing I missed being introduced to runescape?

I don't disagree with this update, I think F2P deserve something. Meh, I s'pose you can't please everyone.

The one thing that made me chuckle was the combat triangle. I got the mind and air runes, while being on Ancients. I figured, [bleep] this, I can't complete it. Kinda lulzworthy how I just whipped him to death:

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

Must do Nomads requiem before the 300 qp reward :thumbdown:

Anyhow, I could swear I heard Reese choke on the potion. Like actually hear his last breath :blink:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Again, I don't mind a newb quest, but the 300 QP reward is an epic fail. Why did they even bother giving a reward if it is both totally worthless statwise and doesn't look good for any outfit besides maybe a decent forum avatar. Honestly it's a huge slap in the face that the even the catacomb mask has better stats than the 300 QP reward.

ANY quest will be able to give someone 300 QP after the next quest is released. Low IQ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Still though, 2010: The Year of Awesomeness? I think not. :thumbdown:

'Cuz it's already December .. oh wait .. it's not.

There is one thing I hate about RS players .. they are spoiled =/ (including me ofc.)

Edited by carl0dublin
Don't evade the censor

'Cuz it's already December .. oh wait .. it's not.

There is one thing I hate about RS players .. they are spoiled =/ (including me ofc.)

You're right. I've gotten spoiled and used to updates that are good. Clearly I should sit around and keep paying them sleep inducing updates.

Like I said, year of awesomeness? I think not.

Edited by carl0dublin
Removed censor evasion

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Quality of quests have dropped again....

It's a F2P quest, designed for low level F2pers. You hardly expect something of..say...While Guthix Sleeps' standard all of the time. Lighten up. :rolleyes:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

You're right. I've gotten spoiled and used to updates that are good. Clearly I should sit around and keep paying them sleep inducing updates.

There is one pretty simple solution. GTFO ... really. If you're not happy stop complaining all the time (YES I AM WATCHING YOU ... ALL OF YOU ... SILENTLY IN THE CORNER ... anyways back to .. >) it's getting old =/.

Is there an opal demon statuette? :o

No

Jade, Topaz, Saph, Emmy, Ruby, Diamond

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You can't expect everything to be super awesome and game changing every week. There are still plenty of awesome updates coming including bloom, FTPIII, graphical rework of fairy city, new bosses.....just hold your horses. You can't just pump out superpowered updates every week otherwise you're going to end up having wepons that hit 999999 and quests that give 100M exp within the year. Remember, Jagex is going at a nice pace to extend the life of the game as long as they can. As soon as they start adding 'endgame' updates, that marks the begining of the end (regardless of what people say, Runescape didnt die in 07 etc, its just in a static period in regards to players).

While I agree with people that there are plenty of novice quests, this is one of the few that are truly for the newbs. Most novice quests require something like 30 attack or something like that. This one, players can start right off tutorial island and learn some cool facts about the combat triange. I've seen many people (not just newbs) maging dragons or something like that just because they didn't realise that dhide (eventual range armour) is strong vs mage. Anything that gives players more information on the inner workins of the game is cool by me.

You can't expect everything to be super awesome and game changing every week. There are still plenty of awesome updates coming including bloom, FTPIII, graphical rework of fairy city, new bosses.....just hold your horses. You can't just pump out superpowered updates every week otherwise you're going to end up having wepons that hit 999999 and quests that give 100M exp within the year. Remember, Jagex is going at a nice pace to extend the life of the game as long as they can. As soon as they start adding 'endgame' updates, that marks the begining of the end (regardless of what people say, Runescape didnt die in 07 etc, its just in a static period in regards to players).

While I agree with people that there are plenty of novice quests, this is one of the few that are truly for the newbs. Most novice quests require something like 30 attack or something like that. This one, players can start right off tutorial island and learn some cool facts about the combat triange. I've seen many people (not just newbs) maging dragons or something like that just because they didn't realise that dhide (eventual range armour) is strong vs mage. Anything that gives players more information on the inner workins of the game is cool by me.

I agree. The quest is basically a combat tutorial.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

There is one pretty simple solution. GTFO ... really. If you're not happy stop complaining all the time (YES I AM WATCHING YOU ... ALL OF YOU ... SILENTLY IN THE CORNER ... anyways back to .. >) it's getting old =/.

Yes, the typical argument. Tell people to leave. I mean, it's better than actually devling into a subject and debating it's merits with someone.

Anyway, on it's own, this update isn't bad. Considering the past few weeks, it's crap.

1) This. Meh

2) Shattered Heart, Constitution, Iron, Login. This stuff was good, but not much of on in game impact. I sill respect the work that went into the lobby system though.

3) Imps. Meh.

4) Familiarisation. Crap.

5) Strykes. Decent, but nothing to explain them. Just dumped. Good drops, but still felt lacking some other explanation for their existence.

6) Rune Mechanics. Meh.

7) Orb. Sucked

8) Agility stuff was fine, but BA is still yawn inducing.

9) Nomad. Was okay, but story lacked depth.

So really, in my opinion, since Nomad with the exception of Stryke drops and the lobby changes, it's been junk lately.

-edit- I don't expect super updates every week. I simply expect more than we've been getting. That's my opinion.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

ANY quest will be able to give someone 300 QP after the next quest is released. Low IQ?

Yeah no DUH I didn't say "reward for completing all quests". And REAL mature with the personal attack. I'm not even complaining about the quest, just this specific reward.