15-Mar-10 Lumbridge Catacombs & The Blood Pact

Toad

That was the first quest i have ever done with out using an quest guide. :-)

We all start somewhere. I did my first quest on the release date (and therefore before there was any quest guides) of "a soul's bane" and I loved it.

I hope that this motivates for doing harder quests without guides as well.

In my opinion, quests are really boring with guides, yet they are the most fun part of runescape without them. :)

I agree with you but I hate doing quests on my own, it gets very frustrating. When I am doing it with 10s and 100s of players on release date, it is great because I know they are going through the same thing I am doing.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex focus far too much on the early stages of the game. In rs you breeze through them insanely quickly. IMO this would've been better linked into a tutorial or something.

The rewards, i quite like. The looks of the weapons anyway. That 300QP thing is just useless though. Why did they even bother to design that??

asrhasrh.jpg

Jagex focus far too much on the early stages of the game. In rs you breeze through them insanely quickly. IMO this would've been better linked into a tutorial or something.

The rewards, i quite like. The looks of the weapons anyway. That 300QP thing is just useless though. Why did they even bother to design that??

Looks wise I think that the helm is still decent. But I'm disappointed that there's only a single item, even for something with no stats. If it's a set of fun outfit then perhaps it would look nicer on the player and go well with the quest cape. Unless we're getting one part of the costume every 300 points....?

The looks of the weapons remind me of how Jagex aren't going to update the rest of the Barrows weapons and armour because of some 'negative' feedback. Great, now all the cool looking stuff are only found with the lower level equipment because some people confused 'better graphics' with 'nostalgic memories'. :thumbdown:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

This is obviously a quest designed to keep brand new players playing Runescape. Anything that encourages MORE people to play (and to purchase membership) is good for ALL of us.

More people buying membership = more money for JAGEX to use to improve the game.

More "entry level" players = more resources gathered (probably their best way of making money and raising levels) for the higher levels to buy.

Everyone wins!

Is absolutely silly for people to complain about the release of a new, entry-level, f2p quest. They get those so often...........right?

Lord_Porus.png

This is obviously a quest designed to keep brand new players playing Runescape. Anything that encourages MORE people to play (and to purchase membership) is good for ALL of us.

More people buying membership = more money for JAGEX to use to improve the game.

More "entry level" players = more resources gathered (probably their best way of making money and raising levels) for the higher levels to buy.

Everyone wins!

Is absolutely silly for people to complain about the release of a new, entry-level, f2p quest. They get those so often...........right?

It encourages players yes, does it encourage membership? Not directly no. By adding something to F2P your promoting the F2P side not the P2P side.

But less high end content = less long term players. Less long term players = less money.

More entry level players = more room for bots

More raw materials = higher costs of high end gear

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

See, here's the thing. I retired from Runescape because we weren't getting enough "High Level Updates," and I had already almost maxed out half my skills in level. I ended up getting in WoW and while I have to say it is far and beyond more fun for me to play than Runescape (despite my long term paying time of RS) there's something a lot of people who only play RS exclusively don't really see. It's not always about the high level content. I've learned this now. WoW tends to focus more on the end game stuff, always releasing new patches with new raids and higher level gear, which is great, but with the release of Cataclysm, they are going back and redoing some of the older content to make it more fresh and exciting for veterans who might want a break from end game stuff, as well as new players experiencing it for the first time.

My point is that you should all be happy that Jagex is giving the free level of the game some content finally. I mean, come on guys...they barely get anything as it is, and if Jagex just keeps releasing more and more members content, and never updates the free game, eventually there will be such a gap in difference between the members areas and the free areas that they will be completely two seperate games. Why? There's no need for that.

You've had a week where free players got an update. So what? Surely you guys can find plenty to do in RS without having an update every week? If not, maybe you're playing the wrong game.

P.S. I am not biased towards RS since my play time with WoW. I enjoy RS and it will always be an rpg I love and will probably eventually come back to. I'm just saying I've been on both sides of the fence and from my perspective a lot of you are acting like spoiled children about something that really isn't such a large deal.

Hate me, like me. I'm just putting in my 2 cents.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

No one is saying to target the top 1%, but we expect the top 20 at the very least.

Using total levels, the top 20% are above 1480 total level (assuming we only care about the 2M people on the highscores). Looking at the number 400,000 player, they have 70+ combats skills and 50-60 in all other skills. This is what most of the updates are targeted at imo.

If you want to look at the top 10% then you're looking at people with total levels of around 1680 total. These players are arround 80 in combat skills and 50-70 in other skills. Even though these are fairly high, people still won't regard updates targeted at them as 'high leveled'.

Now if we go to the top 5%, that's aprox 1840 total. These players are around 90 combat skills and 60-80 in most noncombats. So id you were to make a high leveled update targeted at these players it would need to be combat related.

Where I see 'high leveled' updates being truely high levels is the updates targeted at the people who are 2000+ total level. By the time you're looking at 2k+ you're already at the top 38,000 players you're at the top 2% of players and thats just assuming all we care about is the 2M on the high scores, and disregarding the other 8M active accounts under 827 total.

Now I don't miss the fact that high leveled updates have been few and far between, but for Jagex to target the top 2% of players it means that they have to devote massive resources to a very small minority. As we all know, low level updates are usually like this, sure they take time to make, but not nearly as much as say a Grandmaster. High level updates are usually larger in scale like the herblore update that brought a whole bunch of new potions where lower updates may have brought 2-3. So while the time between high level updates is longer then pwople may like, when they do come out, they typicly have a lot more substance behind them then the newb updates.

It encourages players yes, does it encourage membership? Not directly no.

Sure it does. JAGEX is trying to encourage the new, F2p players to play the game longer. The longer they play, the better chance there is of them becoming members.

By adding something to F2P your promoting the F2P side not the P2P side.

Again, not a bad thing. More F2P players will lead to more P2P players. If not, why would JAGEX even have a F2P option?

But less high end content = less long term players. Less long term players = less money.

This is obviously correct. But, it does not mean we do not need low-level content and low-level updates. It is equally correct that less new F2P players = fewer P2P players = less revenue for JAGEX = a decline in the quality of Runescape.

More entry level players = more room for bots

So the alternative is fewer entry level players? Don't think so.

More raw materials = higher costs of high end gear

Please explain how?

Lord_Porus.png

LCool, I'm pretty sure the 300QP helmet was designed to be nothing more than an aesthetic item. I tried bringing it to all the QP guilds, as well as various other random stuff with it (Why doesn't this totem pole charge my helmet?). So, while it may do something if you bring it to Juna, I highly doubt that will happen.

Most likely it'll be forgotten for a while and then Jagex will bring it in as a requirement for some quest totally unrelated to it.

a70c7.png

I'm just going to voice some support for this low level content.

I think a big problem with Runescape is that it isn't as initially awe inspiring as some other games.

You do a random tutorial, and then you're in lumbridge, a very plain looking medieval town even after the lumbridge graphics update.

what reason does a new gamer really have to stay, and explore.

i think long term gamers are inclined to stay, and keep on playing.

The only players that begin to "run out of content" are those such as myself, who have logged several thousand hours.

Honestly I think we need more early game content like this. Something to give newer players a leg up on older players who have been around for nearly a decade.

That and to just set down a nice early impression of what they should expect.

blood pact gives us a nice traditional, albeit short dungeon crawler for new gamers, with shiny new graphics and a cool helmet.

I'm all in favor.

Naaxi.png

Yews, that may be, but that content will be there forever and will be taking on people constantly and you need some to strive for. No one wants to do all the work to get piddling little cotent. If we have better high end content then maybe there might be a reason for high levels other than a little cape.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

eventually there will be such a gap in difference between the members areas and the free areas that they will be completely two seperate games.

They already are two seperate games.

P2P is far more complex and rich in content than F2P.

F2P is the RS for dummies version

Having said that Jagex should really do more to help new players entering members I had friends to show me the ropes or else I would have been lost and would have quit members

eventually there will be such a gap in difference between the members areas and the free areas that they will be completely two seperate games.

They already are two seperate games.

P2P is far more complex and rich in content than F2P.

F2P is the RS for dummies version

Having said that Jagex should really do more to help new players entering members I had friends to show me the ropes or else I would have been lost and would have quit members

Wasn't it like a month ago now they added mini-tutorials to half the members skills via the advisor button thing?

I swear I read tht they did.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I quite liked the update, was quick and easy to do. (Not to mention is proably the first thing I've been able to do at launch for a while now.)

Only problem is how really really short the quest was, and how they really slipped at giving F2P a new boss in the form of Dragith Nurn, who really seems to be just a diffrent Variation on Gunthor, and I doubt newbies will be excited in finally gaining the levels to beat him.

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

I hate to get people's hopes up, but is it possible this new helmet could be connected to the "Strange Power Dungeon" area that recently plopped down to the east of the wilderness? I haven't had time to experience any recent content firsthand, but wasn't there something about proving yourself worthy before passing the fremmenik guards? And I believe the helmet was called Helmet of Trials or something?

I dunno, maybe I'm just making stuff up because a 300+ qp dungeon would be epic.

I hate to get people's hopes up, but is it possible this new helmet could be connected to the "Strange Power Dungeon" area that recently plopped down to the east of the wilderness? I haven't had time to experience any recent content firsthand, but wasn't there something about proving yourself worthy before passing the fremmenik guards? And I believe the helmet was called Helmet of Trials or something?

I dunno, maybe I'm just making stuff up because a 300+ qp dungeon would be epic.

I'd love that. Would be a great reward for high quest points.

Other then that I can't find anything useful about this helm besides the fact that it makes a nice rsof avatar pic.

Has anyone considered the possibility that it might be the first part of a set? Say you get the Plate of trials at 350qp, the leggings of trials at 400qp, and so on? Perhaps leading to an armor with a great set effect?

Or it could just be a cool aesthetic item for dedicated questers.

Seriously, why the hell does everyone want this helm to have such a higher purpose? Take it for what it is, and stop dreaming because Jagex has already stated they are releasing high level combat equipment once they balance the combat triangle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone considered the possibility that it might be the first part of a set? Say you get the Plate of trials at 350qp, the leggings of trials at 400qp, and so on? Perhaps leading to an armor with a great set effect?

Or it could just be a cool aesthetic item for dedicated questers.

Seriously, why the hell does everyone want this helm to have such a higher purpose? Take it for what it is, and stop dreaming because Jagex has already stated they are releasing high level combat equipment once they balance the combat triangle.

Whoa whoa whoa there buddy, just throwing it out there. No need to jump on someone for speculating.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

I found the quest ridiculously easy, so it's a bit disappointing to those higher level F2Pers I'm sure.

:rolleyes:

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Its a bloody starter quest. What is so hard to understand about those two words?

A Starter Quest for those starting out in the game and want to try their hand at a boss/monsters fit for their level.

Dear god, of course its going to be easy for advanced f2p users.

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

I found the quest ridiculously easy, so it's a bit disappointing to those higher level F2Pers I'm sure.

:rolleyes:

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Its a bloody starter quest. What is so hard to understand about those two words?

A Starter Quest for those starting out in the game and want to try their hand at a boss/monsters fit for their level.

Dear god, of course its going to be easy for advanced f2p users.

I do know that, but I'm sure for the 300th quest something more challenging was expected.

I am personally unaffected by it, but I'm sure some might be.

j0xPu5R.png

When Xenia said we turned into heroes as important as Arrav and Camorra I though something cool was gonna happen, like get our own statue at the Heroes' Guild or maybe some NPCs would say something when wearing the helm of trails <_<

Hope Jagex is collecting feedback right now. The helm looks awesome anyway.

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape