15-Mar-10 Lumbridge Catacombs & The Blood Pact

Toad

That's why I'm reserving judgment for now.

If a couple months from now, there are no new surprises on this helmet, then this 300 QP reward is an absolute disgrace. Given the bonuses from other high-level achivements (like the diary rewards, which all have awful stats), I sort of think there's more than meets the eye.

There must be more to it. You get a better reward for opening songs!

On the other hand, maybe this is a bone to the whiners who can't beat Nomad? If so, I don't think it will work.

punitivedsig.png

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish people wouldn't whine just because - for once - an update wasn't for you. They've done so many high levelled updates over the past few months, give them a chance to do something for the low levels and F2P for once <_< You lot have plenty of content to play with for this week, be nice and share Jagex with the 'noobs'.

I am, however, expecting a big update for next week. As someone pointed out, we are due for another revelation in regards to the strange power and the land mass off the Wildy.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Maybe its stats increase for every questpoint beyond 300? Just a wild guess but that would be cool lol.

Actually not a bad idea.

For the first few quests, then it's overpowered...

Well it would have to stop at some point. maybe its just 1-2 increase of stats per questpoint until a certain point at which point it stops getting better.

maybe at stats slightly better then say.... a dragon med helm. Or the helmet slot barrows gloves. slightly good at everything.

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

Maybe its stats increase for every questpoint beyond 300? Just a wild guess but that would be cool lol.

Actually not a bad idea.

For the first few quests, then it's overpowered...

not if its for def boost. it would take about 70 quests points before it gets overpowered

maybe 1 str and 1 att and 1 prayer every 10 qp, and 1 def every 1 qp with a max ammount of 350

i mean a helm with 5 pray 5 att 5 str 50 def, its better than net but would take 350 quest poinst!

a_final_name.png

Honestly even if im right about it getting better stats with more questpoints (which is unlikely) If that is all the helm does then it would still be a bit disappointing.

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

Nice little break from doing other stuff.

Love the graphics of the catacombs. Props to the graphics team on that one.

This is also a nice little combat tutorial for new players.

For those wanting to get the mask of dragith nurn, the parts are obtained from monsters in the catacombs.

Mask part 1: Corpse Spider

Mask part 2: Skeleton

Mask part 3: Corpse Archer

Mask part 4: Skoblins

Mask part 5: Dragith Nurn (Fought in final room)

cliffside1ra5.png

It's been YEARS since newbs straight off tutorial island have had an update (that I can remember). It's nice that jagex is giving an absolute beginer quest. Most of the ones F2P had required some sort of combat level or knowledge to complete (yes, very minimal req, but still there).

Like it or not, MMG has realized that his method of passively getting members and players was lowering the numbers of both. While Idison took a very agressive approach, MMG is at least doing it ways like Jagex Big Ticket and this new quest.

Perhaps the 300qp helm will be part of a clothing set that Jagex is going to make for questers and song gatherers. Quest cape + helm, then eventually a music shirt and pants/skirt.

For F2P: A nice, small quest update for them that gets them some nifty-looking gear.

For P2P: Sorry, not every quest that comes your way can be the next "While Guthix Sleeps". Or even "Legends". Or even "Heroes".

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Wow the dungeon isnt even multi. Real big threat taking statues. :rolleyes:

It's a low level dungeon trying to blend them into the whole runescape god thing.

Chathead of the 300QP helmet is quite nice.

chatk.gif

For F2P: A nice, small quest update for them that gets them some nifty-looking gear.

For P2P: Sorry, not every quest that comes your way can be the next "While Guthix Sleeps". Or even "Legends". Or even "Heroes".

When Heroes AND Legends were released (seperate dates of course) at the time they were huge releases (biggest quests to date) so don't bash ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Well they should. Newbs have WAY TOO MUCH GOD DAMN CONTENT! I got my girlfriend into this game and she can't complete it all at a low level. Impossible. She killed the damn vampire at level 40 something. I was trying to freak her out saying it was really hard and she killed it in like 3 hits. And if you're a newbie member? I won't even go there...

Well they should. Newbs have WAY TOO MUCH GOD DAMN CONTENT! I got my girlfriend into this game and she can't complete it all at a low level. Impossible. She killed the damn vampire at level 40 something. I was trying to freak her out saying it was really hard and she killed it in like 3 hits. And if you're a newbie member? I won't even go there...

And it's not like any of that content has any value whatsoever when you are at the lower-medium stages of Rs.

For those wanting to get the mask of dragith nurn, the parts are obtained from monsters in the catacombs.

Mask part 1: Corpse Spider

Mask part 2: Skeleton

Mask part 3: Corpse Archer

Mask part 4: Skoblins

Mask part 5: Dragith Nurn (Fought in final room)

It's different for everyone. (except for Dragith Nurn)

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

ITT: Jagex releases a newbie quest. Crybabies whine because it's not of Dragon Slayer caliber, and gives newbie rewards (What a surprise!)

emot-qq.gif

well actualy if it was dragon slayer caliber, id still say its a horrible quest, i 2 hit elvarg without the shield

id like a quest fight harder than nomad, i hope in nomads sequal hes lvl 799 and has a max of 1157 (1 lp from max hp) and maybe still 1k hp but heals more, like u kill him from 1000->0 he revives to 750 then he revives to 500 then revives to 250 then finaly dies

a_final_name.png

Because it's not like high levels have tonnes and tonnes of content already is it? :rolleyes: Jagex have been giving high level content updates for months now, and the moment they release something for the low levels it's suddenly 'OMG LOW LEVELS GET EVERYTHING.' <_<

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].