12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

DId anyone else notice fishing exp is nerfed in the dungeon? :thumbdown:

what? i get like 135 xp per salve eel

153 xp per blue crab

and those 2 both fish at a rate comparable to fly fishing.

at lower levels, yes the xp is horrible.

but fishing tier 8+ fish is great xp

Naaxi.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what? i get like 135 xp per salve eel

153 xp per blue crab

and those 2 both fish at a rate comparable to fly fishing.

at lower levels, yes the xp is horrible.

but fishing tier 8+ fish is great xp

Yes but did you fish today????

There's been a nerf!

I don't know about members fish but f2p had a nerf today.

Giant flatfish old exp 63 new NERFED exp 35

short-finned eels old exp 81 new nerfed exp :angry: 45

You can verify these old fishing exp values by double checking tip.it

sucks they nerfed it. i was levelling fishing nicely.

Use wave/surge spells on Riftsplitter. Seriously. Using melee over magic against him is a waste of time. Also bring a ranging familiar if you can obtain one.

There's really no need to futz around with magic on this guy. He's one of the easiest bosses -- just slap on Turmoil, brute force him with a spear on stab, and eat to heal. Goes down in a minute with food to spare. Combat familiar helps.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Use wave/surge spells on Riftsplitter. Seriously. Using melee over magic against him is a waste of time. Also bring a ranging familiar if you can obtain one.

There's really no need to futz around with magic on this guy. He's one of the easiest bosses -- just slap on Turmoil, brute force him with a spear on stab, and eat to heal. Goes down in a minute with food to spare. Combat familiar helps.

And if you're in a team that was 5-man but had 1 man quit...?

Oh, I figured out that with a strong magic potion, I can veng myself. The poor bosses never saw it coming...

a70c7.png

For those who haven't been keeping up with their journals, I strongly recommend reading over the Kalgerion notes, specifically part two. If I'm interpreting this correctly, To'kash is the lowest ranking general, followed by Har'lakk, then Bal'lak, then an unamed demon, and finally, Bilrach. Thoughts?

For those who haven't been keeping up with their journals, I strongly recommend reading over the Kalgerion notes, specifically part two. If I'm interpreting this correctly, To'kash is the lowest ranking general, followed by Har'lakk, then Bal'lak, then an unamed demon, and finally, Bilrach. Thoughts?

bilrach isnt a demon, first of all

there are 5 generals, and i am under the impression that kalgerion is the leader of them all

maybe i misinterpreted, but yeah bilrach isnt a demon

Naaxi.png

there are 5 generals, and i am under the impression that kalgerion is the leader of them all

No way is Bilrach still a human. Check out the dates, this guy is more than a hundred years old and still going strong.

No way is Bilrach still a human. Check out the dates, this guy is more than a hundred years old and still going strong.

Bilrach is a Mahjarrat. He is mentioned in Zemouregal's notes on Mahjarrat. (the set of notes that end with- Zemouregal: This is me. I am awsome) That seriously cracked me up, which is why I remember it so well.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the notes are from the Curse of Arrav quest.

edit2: Looked at the quest walk through. It is Curse of Arrav.

Lol I just discovered the unlimited money trick. Me and my friends made 3m coins in one game... it was very fun. We were all decked out in full kata with promethian spears with full inventories of cave morays.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Hai! Green dragons? Frost dragons too.

Just pray with protect from magic beforehand and you'll negate a good amount of the firebreath damage. :)

I've never encountered a frost dragon before, and I've been through each frozen floor quite a lot of times...

I just hope iron dragons don't appear.

And protect from magic works? Oh that's good. That means I don't need an anti-dragon shield, right?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Hai! Green dragons? Frost dragons too.

Just pray with protect from magic beforehand and you'll negate a good amount of the firebreath damage. :)

I've never encountered a frost dragon before, and I've been through each frozen floor quite a lot of times...

I just hope iron dragons don't appear.

And protect from magic works? Oh that's good. That means I don't need an anti-dragon shield, right?

I met 2 iron dragons once.. But they are much weaker compared to their surfaced counter parts.. Prot from magic + anti poison works "almost'.. As does shield + prot from magic.. Only protection from magic still yields hits in the 200-300 region.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

uhm still wondering: is there any (un)official world for this skill? - It is starting to annoy me that I only find at most 5-6 other players at the same spot..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I think this isn't a skill like the others. This should have been a minigame...

I was working on getting all skills +75 and now I gotta get this *%$+ skill up too and it's boring like h...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

You actually managed to get firemaking to 75 and THIS is hell of a boring ?

At least FM is relaxing, and if you do it wit friends you don't wreck your friendship.

Also, you don't need1m tokens at lv 92 with 10exp/token to get the adze.

Firemaking isn't relaxing imo, and doing it with friends doesn't really justify it much. Dungeoneering is far more fun than any of the other skills because it IS like a minigame. Minigames are fun, and by making a minigame like skill, they've created a skill you can't grind and that you can actually ENJOY.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Minigames are not intrinsically fun, c.f. Mobilising Armies. For me Dungeoneering is fun in small doses, but after two or three floors it feels as much of a grind as agility.

No, but well made minigames are intrinsically fun, which Dungeoneering is. Somehow they've managed to balance the weapons and combat triangle perfectly, as well as simply adding uses to skills that should have been there all along (see Firemaking). I think that we need to wait for Batch 2 before we see the full colours of Dungeoneering though.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

But you forgot one thing: while fm is boring to most people, at least you get 3k exp per load.

A load is 1 and a half minute, and i usually did them in 2:15.

This was using maples, which is lv 45.

I am lv 43 dungeoneering and i rarely get over 2k experience.

This kind of slow exp is what makes this miniskill boring imo, while not necessarily tedious, it is SO SLOW TO LEVEL that you have to repeat the same levels all over again many times, and while the layout is different it becomes very cumbersome in just your first prestige reset.

That and the hellish token system.

EDIT: I erased some "borings" in my statement, i repeated it 3 times in a sentence space :P

Yep, I think salve eels were over 200 xp in thebeginning;

Just another example of just how poorly integrated Dung is to the rest of the game.

Many pages ago, training of the other skills was one of the cool points about Dung. HA FREAKING HA.

The developers keep finding new ways to distance Dung from the rest of RS.

I fully expect all the runes to be renamed in Dung 2.0, and for any skill you train in the hole other that Dung to give negative XP.

/sarcasm

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Yep, I think salve eels were over 200 xp in thebeginning;

I fully expect all the runes to be renamed in Dung 2.0, and for any skill you train in the hole other that Dung to give negative XP.

/sarcasm

If they were Catalytic and Elemental Runes they may as well call it a minigame. :P

Mining XP is still good apparently.

imagangster.png

Fm might be boring, I just try to get one level once in a while... That's all, everything gets boring if u do it too much in a short period.

Dungeoneering is just hell because I gotta do it fulltime to get my achievement again soon.

I worked hard to get +2k total and everything +70 without getting L99's and now this stupid skill came in.

I don't understand why this isn't just a minigame. Now Jagex forces me to play a game I don't like and it's not contributing anything to my character's skills.

It's not like I earn money from it or get nice extras. Only the rewards, half of them is useless or a scam like the nat/law-staff and the others will take ages to get!

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)