12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

I just got the rapier and tried it on a steels task with ovl + turmoil, and this thing just destroyed them. I was hitting many 50s and 60s (max 67), and few 0s. Definitely worth getting.

Makes super antis a good deal less useful then :sad: damn progress...

Rapier + rune defender would destroy them even faster... and if you have a massive stock of superantifires, why the heck not?

a70c7.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the rapier and tried it on a steels task with ovl + turmoil, and this thing just destroyed them. I was hitting many 50s and 60s (max 67), and few 0s. Definitely worth getting.

Rapier + rune defender would destroy them even faster... and if you have a massive stock of superantifires, why the heck not?

Why not in general, rather? If you can use them, super antifires are basically free xp.

Right now I'm camping for 50, forcing Shahdie to make me a proth spear and plate, and figuring stuff out from there. Is RSOF an okay way to find teams for a 120? I've heard it's decent, but most of the threads I see are for 130+ :mellow:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

epic bug, my team leader left the part at the finish screen (she exited window) in a duo and it put me back in the same dungeon, i completed it again for moar xps

Dont abuse it, i bet it will lead to trouble it was an accident

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Why not in general, rather? If you can use them, super antifires are basically free xp.

Right now I'm camping for 50, forcing Shahdie to make me a proth spear and plate, and figuring stuff out from there. Is RSOF an okay way to find teams for a 120? I've heard it's decent, but most of the threads I see are for 130+ :mellow:

eh most good players of dungioneering wouldnt care ur combat lvl as long as u know what your doing =)

and alot of 130s have crappy skills lol its funny they just wanna feel elite then go "omg this door need 82 farm"

Imo big difference between 130-137 and 138 138s are generally more skilled and going for exp

I never attach combat requirements to my teams and nor do my friends i dungion w/ hehe

StarViv.png

eh most good players of dungioneering wouldnt care ur combat lvl as long as u know what your doing =)

and alot of 130s have crappy skills lol its funny they just wanna feel elite then go "omg this door need 82 farm"

Imo big difference between 130-137 and 138 138s are generally more skilled and going for exp

I never attach combat requirements to my teams and nor do my friends i dungion w/ hehe

138's can be even wors sometimes. Last team leader i had for a large was a 138 and he litterally flipped out that we were not killing every single monster on a large map and left when we were half way through.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

epic bug, my team leader left the part at the finish screen (she exited window) in a duo and it put me back in the same dungeon, i completed it again for moar xps

Dont abuse it, i bet it will lead to trouble it was an accident

Ooh, does that mean you can get 36 prestige once?

2dgucz6.png

138's can be even wors sometimes. Last team leader i had for a large was a 138 and he litterally flipped out that we were not killing every single monster on a large map and left when we were half way through.

Hey you're a tiffer! Yeah what a pain in the [wagon] that guy was. Little cry baby I swear. Killing every monster takes forever, especially since most are 90-130. By the time you killed all the monsters, you could've been halfway done another dungeon...

Hmm this whole 120 Dung on highscores is rather depressing. I mean I never really set a goal to max out. However I did always look forward to it. I didnt care if I wasnt on the front page. However now to 'properly' max out its quite absurd. Even when the xp rates are faster.

So it looks like its quite doubtful I will ever actually max out.. But before it was always a possibility if I just kept playing and playing and playing. I am 2400+ so maybe another year or two. (Due to other goals with already maxed out skills. Rather than solely focusing on the non-99 skills.)

I guess they will allow people who only got 99 in all skills to access the 'high level forum' rather than 120 dung though. :blink: Lol.

I do think they needed to do this but instead of level 120 they should of done it to level 106 which is double 99 xp. At 120 its something like 8? 99's in one skill. Maybe if it had cooking xp rates but I highly highly doubt it will do? We can only wait to find out on that.

Eight? Eight is fine if you enjoy the skill but to really add to highscores eight is a bit extreme. 8 is like a third of skills inside one skill.

I dont think its right to add such extremes tbh. The only way to make it possible for me to see a achievable 'end game' is if the xp rates were massive at 100-120 dung or something. I just doubt it though. Its not as much fun to see no possible end. I wouldnt necessarily quit once I maxed out but it should be my own goals to continue. The game itself should have an achievable end game achievement. Otherwise its just seems less fun.

The best I can do is to try and ignore it on a personal level and once I get 99 in everything just do a few extra dung levels then decide to grind it out or not. =/ Just have to wait on the xp rates at the moment I know..

Hmm this whole 120 Dung on highscores is rather depressing. I mean I never really set a goal to max out. However I did always look forward to it. I didnt care if I wasnt on the front page. However now to 'properly' max out its quite absurd. Even when the xp rates are faster.

So it looks like its quite doubtful I will ever actually max out.. But before it was always a possibility if I just kept playing and playing and playing. I am 2400+ so maybe another year or two. (Due to other goals with already maxed out skills. Rather than solely focusing on the non-99 skills.)

I guess they will allow people who only got 99 in all skills to access the 'high level forum' rather than 120 dung though. :blink: Lol.

I do think they needed to do this but instead of level 120 they should of done it to level 106 which is double 99 xp. At 120 its something like 8? 99's in one skill. Maybe if it had cooking xp rates but I highly highly doubt it will do? We can only wait to find out on that.

Eight? Eight is fine if you enjoy the skill but to really add to highscores eight is a bit extreme. 8 is like a third of skills inside one skill.

I dont think its right to add such extremes tbh. The only way to make it possible for me to see a achievable 'end game' is if the xp rates were massive at 100-120 dung or something. I just doubt it though. Its not as much fun to see no possible end. I wouldnt necessarily quit once I maxed out but it should be my own goals to continue. The game itself should have an achievable end game achievement. Otherwise its just seems less fun.

The best I can do is to try and ignore it on a personal level and once I get 99 in everything just do a few extra dung levels then decide to grind it out or not. =/ Just have to wait on the xp rates at the moment I know..

well imo all 99s w/o dungion is maxing out then dungioneering is a skill that you train at the end game all 99s is for the high lvl forum but they dont know about the maxed cape

cuz in a q/a they said getting lvl 120 was equivelent of getting a harder 99 but they didnt want to give out outragiously slow exp.

personally id support increasing lvl cap for other skills but think 120 is way to high lvl 105 23mish exp or 110 41m ish exp would be much better and would recognize alot of players/be a goal for them. maybe in a voting style once a month raise a skill up combats/cooking would probably win but it would add more variety to the highscores besides just dungion being only one going above 99.

StarViv.png

I'd rather stop at 100 (or possibly 101) than 99...

100 allows you to bind a third item, isn't that great?

(Though it will probably be not very useful to most anyway.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'd rather stop at 100 (or possibly 101) than 99...

100 allows you to bind a third item, isn't that great?

(Though it will probably be not very useful to most anyway.)

I wish they'd consider more though. It's like a 14m xp gap between being able to bind 2 items and 3 items. I think they should go up to 5 or 7 and spread it through the 70s and 80s or something,

Does anyone know if above level 18 is Members only because I have 39 Dung, but it won't let me past floor 18. I've reset as well, but still getting screwed.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Does anyone know if above level 18 is Members only because I have 39 Dung, but it won't let me past floor 18. I've reset as well, but still getting screwed.

Yep you are screwed. sorry bro.

Try doing floor 18 again. Thats the way to unlock the next floor.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Did floor 18 again, won't let me on to 19.

Umm...that is really weird. When you are selecting a floor, did you scroll down all the way?

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Yeah, done that too. Done 1-18 twice now and it won't open. Feel kinda stupid to reset it again and go through all that all over again. I don't have hours and hours to spare.

Just seen this from an Interview with Jagex:

OnRPG: Dungeoneering is the first skill that can be leveled past 99, up to 120. What is the reason for this?

Mod Mark: We wanted part of our game to be universally seen as 'endgame'. We feel that the upper floors of Dungeoneering will provide that endgame feel.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Chances are people with the time to get those high levels in Dungeoneering will probably have very high levels in their Virgineering.

Chances are people with the time to get those high levels in Dungeoneering will probably have very high levels in their Virgineering.

That was epic, thanx for the laugh!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I was actually referring to how its been two weeks with no update.

Well...I guess this week isnt really over yet though. It is just really more rare for them to update on wednesdays.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

That was epic, thanx for the laugh!

De nada. :thumbup:

I was actually referring to how its been two weeks with no update.

Well...I guess this week isnt really over yet though. It is just really more rare for them to update on wednesdays.

It's not rare at all.