Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
12pure34

12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

Do you get significantly more XP rushing a low floor in a 5:5 compared to just soloing it? Haven't tried that yet.

It's between about 4-8k for f1-29

It cant be 4-8k for doing all floors. That cant be right.

I rushed floor 6 once, only opening doors from the start room to the boss and not killing any monsters I didnt have to and that got me 1k exp for that floor.

That would be solo though, it's more xp in a team.

And teaming seems to be faster than solo too if your teammates are any good.

2dvjurb.png

I rushed floor 6 once, only opening doors from the start room to the boss and not killing any monsters I didnt have to and that got me 1k exp for that floor.

Nonono, he meant for EACH floor, you would get that amount of exp.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Oh, good.

Okay, that's definitely better than doing those floors solo on comp 1. Thanks.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Okay, that's definitely better than doing those floors solo on comp 1. Thanks.

Who would do floors on anything other than comp 6? :rolleyes: (Unless you were rushing to unlock a new floor.)

Speaking of which, contrary to popular belief, you only have to do your LATEST floor to unlock the next one, if you have the level. You don't need to have done all other "marked as undone" dungeons.

That's what I experienced when I unlocked F20-27.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I thought the players rushing through floors 1 to "N" were going on complexity 1 to speed things up even more.

I haven't done 5:5 floors yet except for the higher-level ones.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

This.

I thought the players rushing through floors 1 to "N" were going on complexity 1 to speed things up even more.

I haven't done 5:5 floors yet except for the higher-level ones.

No, you do it on c6. With a competent team, you can finish a small map in 5-8 min, which works out to be about the same exp as a 5:5 large. Whenever I solo a small floor on c1 I get like 500exp...and this is only worth doing if you have the odd floor you haven't done and cba wasting time looking for a team.

2w6c7d4.jpg

I got all 3 combat titles :!:

I find 10 minute small 5 man rushes to be excellent exp, 35k/hour ftw.

manyranks.png

On the subject of titles. :P

imagangster.png

What are "least harmful" and "party magician?"

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19

What are "least harmful" and "party magician?"

Party Magician is most non combat magic I think, and least harmful is what it says on the tin.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Party magician is most magic xp gained done without doing ANY other damage

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I just got the rapier and tried it on a steels task with ovl + turmoil, and this thing just destroyed them. I was hitting many 50s and 60s (max 67), and few 0s. Definitely worth getting.

I just got the rapier and tried it on a steels task with ovl + turmoil, and this thing just destroyed them. I was hitting many 50s and 60s (max 67), and few 0s. Definitely worth getting.

Makes super antis a good deal less useful then :sad: damn progress...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19

Rapier+defender=more wreckage.

Rapier + rune defender would destroy them even faster... and if you have a massive stock of superantifires, why the heck not?

a70c7.png

Rapier + rune defender would destroy them even faster... and if you have a massive stock of superantifires, why the heck not?

Why not in general, rather? If you can use them, super antifires are basically free xp.

Right now I'm camping for 50, forcing Shahdie to make me a proth spear and plate, and figuring stuff out from there. Is RSOF an okay way to find teams for a 120? I've heard it's decent, but most of the threads I see are for 130+ :mellow:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

epic bug, my team leader left the part at the finish screen (she exited window) in a duo and it put me back in the same dungeon, i completed it again for moar xps

Dont abuse it, i bet it will lead to trouble it was an accident

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Why not in general, rather? If you can use them, super antifires are basically free xp.

Right now I'm camping for 50, forcing Shahdie to make me a proth spear and plate, and figuring stuff out from there. Is RSOF an okay way to find teams for a 120? I've heard it's decent, but most of the threads I see are for 130+ :mellow:

eh most good players of dungioneering wouldnt care ur combat lvl as long as u know what your doing =)

and alot of 130s have crappy skills lol its funny they just wanna feel elite then go "omg this door need 82 farm"

Imo big difference between 130-137 and 138 138s are generally more skilled and going for exp

I never attach combat requirements to my teams and nor do my friends i dungion w/ hehe

StarViv.png

eh most good players of dungioneering wouldnt care ur combat lvl as long as u know what your doing =)

and alot of 130s have crappy skills lol its funny they just wanna feel elite then go "omg this door need 82 farm"

Imo big difference between 130-137 and 138 138s are generally more skilled and going for exp

I never attach combat requirements to my teams and nor do my friends i dungion w/ hehe

138's can be even wors sometimes. Last team leader i had for a large was a 138 and he litterally flipped out that we were not killing every single monster on a large map and left when we were half way through.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

epic bug, my team leader left the part at the finish screen (she exited window) in a duo and it put me back in the same dungeon, i completed it again for moar xps

Dont abuse it, i bet it will lead to trouble it was an accident

Ooh, does that mean you can get 36 prestige once?

2dgucz6.png

138's can be even wors sometimes. Last team leader i had for a large was a 138 and he litterally flipped out that we were not killing every single monster on a large map and left when we were half way through.

Hey you're a tiffer! Yeah what a pain in the [wagon] that guy was. Little cry baby I swear. Killing every monster takes forever, especially since most are 90-130. By the time you killed all the monsters, you could've been halfway done another dungeon...

Hmm this whole 120 Dung on highscores is rather depressing. I mean I never really set a goal to max out. However I did always look forward to it. I didnt care if I wasnt on the front page. However now to 'properly' max out its quite absurd. Even when the xp rates are faster.

So it looks like its quite doubtful I will ever actually max out.. But before it was always a possibility if I just kept playing and playing and playing. I am 2400+ so maybe another year or two. (Due to other goals with already maxed out skills. Rather than solely focusing on the non-99 skills.)

I guess they will allow people who only got 99 in all skills to access the 'high level forum' rather than 120 dung though. :blink: Lol.

I do think they needed to do this but instead of level 120 they should of done it to level 106 which is double 99 xp. At 120 its something like 8? 99's in one skill. Maybe if it had cooking xp rates but I highly highly doubt it will do? We can only wait to find out on that.

Eight? Eight is fine if you enjoy the skill but to really add to highscores eight is a bit extreme. 8 is like a third of skills inside one skill.

I dont think its right to add such extremes tbh. The only way to make it possible for me to see a achievable 'end game' is if the xp rates were massive at 100-120 dung or something. I just doubt it though. Its not as much fun to see no possible end. I wouldnt necessarily quit once I maxed out but it should be my own goals to continue. The game itself should have an achievable end game achievement. Otherwise its just seems less fun.

The best I can do is to try and ignore it on a personal level and once I get 99 in everything just do a few extra dung levels then decide to grind it out or not. =/ Just have to wait on the xp rates at the moment I know..

VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<

bazzaminxer.png

Hmm this whole 120 Dung on highscores is rather depressing. I mean I never really set a goal to max out. However I did always look forward to it. I didnt care if I wasnt on the front page. However now to 'properly' max out its quite absurd. Even when the xp rates are faster.

So it looks like its quite doubtful I will ever actually max out.. But before it was always a possibility if I just kept playing and playing and playing. I am 2400+ so maybe another year or two. (Due to other goals with already maxed out skills. Rather than solely focusing on the non-99 skills.)

I guess they will allow people who only got 99 in all skills to access the 'high level forum' rather than 120 dung though. :blink: Lol.

I do think they needed to do this but instead of level 120 they should of done it to level 106 which is double 99 xp. At 120 its something like 8? 99's in one skill. Maybe if it had cooking xp rates but I highly highly doubt it will do? We can only wait to find out on that.

Eight? Eight is fine if you enjoy the skill but to really add to highscores eight is a bit extreme. 8 is like a third of skills inside one skill.

I dont think its right to add such extremes tbh. The only way to make it possible for me to see a achievable 'end game' is if the xp rates were massive at 100-120 dung or something. I just doubt it though. Its not as much fun to see no possible end. I wouldnt necessarily quit once I maxed out but it should be my own goals to continue. The game itself should have an achievable end game achievement. Otherwise its just seems less fun.

The best I can do is to try and ignore it on a personal level and once I get 99 in everything just do a few extra dung levels then decide to grind it out or not. =/ Just have to wait on the xp rates at the moment I know..

well imo all 99s w/o dungion is maxing out then dungioneering is a skill that you train at the end game all 99s is for the high lvl forum but they dont know about the maxed cape

cuz in a q/a they said getting lvl 120 was equivelent of getting a harder 99 but they didnt want to give out outragiously slow exp.

personally id support increasing lvl cap for other skills but think 120 is way to high lvl 105 23mish exp or 110 41m ish exp would be much better and would recognize alot of players/be a goal for them. maybe in a voting style once a month raise a skill up combats/cooking would probably win but it would add more variety to the highscores besides just dungion being only one going above 99.

StarViv.png

I'd rather stop at 100 (or possibly 101) than 99...

100 allows you to bind a third item, isn't that great?

(Though it will probably be not very useful to most anyway.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I'd rather stop at 100 (or possibly 101) than 99...

100 allows you to bind a third item, isn't that great?

(Though it will probably be not very useful to most anyway.)

I wish they'd consider more though. It's like a 14m xp gap between being able to bind 2 items and 3 items. I think they should go up to 5 or 7 and spread it through the 70s and 80s or something,