12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Robes and leather armour reduce your melee attack bonus. Don't wear them.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think my choice is partners for dungeoneering still has been really lucky as i made 2 friends last night, one being a tifer.

Both awesome people to dungeoneer with. :P

You got a friend - or follower, either term suits me :smile: - and I got a prom spear P++ and a mentor :grin:

Now, on topic: I have solo'd to 60 or so and only now, after finding a couple of great people *looking at you Den!* I have started to duo/team. I have been wondering for a long time which way was better xp - doing all the lower floors for the max amount of xp or just rushing them with say complexity 1?

Also, which rewards are people going for and why? Which order shall you get them in, and why? I have personally bought a bonecrusher and gem bag for slaying, and now am on my way to getting an anti-poison totem.

Good luck dungeoneering peeps.

Sanafari.

sanasiggy.png

Capes: Dungeoneering, Dungeoneering (t), Defence (t), Attack (t),

Constitution (t), Quest, Soulwars (both), Fire, Tokhaar Kal

Massive thanks to [)en[)en for my signature picture.

I would generally advise to save tokens for rewards that may be released with batch 2 in a couple of months.

However, for items such as the gem bags etc. if you'll use them often, get them now.

I'm keeping my tokens. the new prayers seem all right, but they're not curses. If i were a farmer, i'd definately get the scroll of life, as that time/money has a quick return on investment.

I would generally advise to save tokens for rewards that may be released with batch 2 in a couple of months.

However, for items such as the gem bags etc. if you'll use them often, get them now.

I'm keeping my tokens. the new prayers seem all right, but they're not curses. If i were a farmer, i'd definately get the scroll of life, as that time/money has a quick return on investment.

That's the way I see it as well. I don't care a lot for what I am seeing in the store.

If I am within 500-1000 xp of unlocking a new floor, I'll spend tokens to level, but basically I am hoarding with no intent to buy.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Think my choice is partners for dungeoneering still has been really lucky as i made 2 friends last night, one being a tifer.

Both awesome people to dungeoneer with. :P

You got a friend - or follower, either term suits me :smile: - and I got a prom spear P++ and a mentor :grin:

Now, on topic: I have solo'd to 60 or so and only now, after finding a couple of great people *looking at you Den!* I have started to duo/team. I have been wondering for a long time which way was better xp - doing all the lower floors for the max amount of xp or just rushing them with say complexity 1?

Also, which rewards are people going for and why? Which order shall you get them in, and why? I have personally bought a bonecrusher and gem bag for slaying, and now am on my way to getting an anti-poison totem.

Good luck dungeoneering peeps.

Sanafari.

First and foremost, Scroll of life. No real reason not to get it (except the bug.) Then gembag for slayer. I have considered the prayer scrolls, but coal bag seems to be handy too. Oh, and arcane stream necklace.

When I have teamed with some random people, the outcome has always been horrible. Everyone rushes to the boss and screams for help, when I am in the other side of the dungeon. Also, they hoard all of the good food, so how the hell am I gonna last more than 10 seconds againts mage boss? I need to finds some good players...

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

considering how much dungeoneering is like a mini game, when are they going to make a world for it? its kinda of a nuisance finding or playing with inexperience people and you don't get as much exp raiding a dungeon by your self

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

considering how much dungeoneering is like a mini game, when are they going to make a world for it? its kinda of a nuisance finding or playing with inexperience people and you don't get as much exp raiding a dungeon by your self

Well the problem with that is that it would put an incredible server load on just one or two servers. Once they make a dedicated world for dungeoneering 100's of users will o to that world and they will all make their own randomly generated planes. Something the server must host besides all the things thats currently going on over that world as well (GE, people slaying, people skilling etc).

Which makes this a technical issue, which also means its not very likely to happen (unless they somehow can spread the load over several servers, which would make for *a lot* of script changes)

Lord_Beloved.png

I've decided to never tell anyone my skills if they ask in a dugneon. It's [bleep]ing annoying. I had a 134 begging me to make him runes for the whole dungeon the other day and he was wearing a primal plate and promethian spear. [bleep]ing annoying, go make your own damn runes. You don't even NEED 2 mages if someone is already doing it, such as me.

Primal plate? O rly?

td2sig.jpg

You can try W117.
imagangster.png

I've decided to never tell anyone my skills if they ask in a dugneon. It's [bleep]ing annoying. I had a 134 begging me to make him runes for the whole dungeon the other day and he was wearing a primal plate and promethian spear. [bleep]ing annoying, go make your own damn runes. You don't even NEED 2 mages if someone is already doing it, such as me.

Primal plate? O rly?

Also, everyone can see your stats with the ring of kinship.

Lord_Beloved.png

I don't really approve of dungeoneering as a skill. I really like the concept and everything, but it doesn't fit in with all the other skills because all is gives is rewards like minigames do. Dungeoneering could easily be switched with stealing creation because of the similar kind of rewards. I think skills should be real life qualities like all the current ones (except for the magical ones, but you know what i mean).

edlenchensignaturebalan.jpg

You can try W117.

that's only really the world for you if you're 130+ others may struggle a lot more finding teams there.

Also beware that while there are some smart players on W117, a lot of them just rush through the dungeon floors in a mad hurry to do it as fast as possible. It may be "technically" the best overall XP/hour, but if you are trying to get the most benefit from the deep floors, you can end up leaving a fair bit of XP behind. It's also really not any fun, IMO.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Well, today will (edit: should) be the first day a skill is at 100 legitimately (non-boosted). I know there's some glitched screen shots of every skill at 120 but this is interesting none-the-less.

So, think the top players are going to grind it out to 100 million xp for the level 120 or call it quits when it takes 5 mill xp+ ie 100 hours just to get the next level.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Still wondering how to make a team with my 122 lvl combat....

Forums:always require combat lv 130+

w2: well no teams there (only people who just go in 1 dungeon together, but there stops the team play)

IRC: pretty much died out (where are people playing rs nowadays, what network?)

fansites: Are there dedicated to dungeoneering?

Really is grinding armoured zombies a requirement to train this skill? (then what is the point of so many combat rewards)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Whenever I want to speed up my training and team up with others I never use PUGs. I'm combat 114 and there is usually people in my clan that are willing to team up for a few floors.

The few times that I have teamed up in a PUG its been generally frustrating so I think it's best to just use your friends and clanmates- team up with people you know.

iximi.png

w2: well no teams there (only people who just go in 1 dungeon together, but there stops the team play)

Really is grinding armoured zombies a requirement to train this skill? (then what is the point of so many combat rewards)

Pure KQ Pax is level 3 with 81 dungeoneering, and Toonami is level 99 and is around the same level as you are. People will accept you if they see you around in the chat, have a good level and have a good rep.
imagangster.png

Pure KQ Pax is level 3 with 81 dungeoneering, and Toonami is level 99 and is around the same level as you are. People will accept you if they see you around in the chat, have a good level and have a good rep.

which chat?

Lord_Beloved.png

Also beware that while there are some smart players on W117, a lot of them just rush through the dungeon floors in a mad hurry to do it as fast as possible. It may be "technically" the best overall XP/hour, but if you are trying to get the most benefit from the deep floors, you can end up leaving a fair bit of XP behind. It's also really not any fun, IMO.

I dunno, I like knowing that I'm doing it right. Just now I was teamed up with 1 lvl 119, 1 lvl 126 and two lvl 132s. They were all under 70 dung, except for one, and I thought it was horrible. They were picking runeleafs while I was trying to clear a guardian room right next to it, asking for help. There was this guy who decided to mage, and he had runic top and fire staff bound + blood runes. No spear back up, so lots of rooms he was just useless. Of course, he couldn't cast fire surge yet, and he couldn't craft blood runes. So after a while, he was casting blast! (No spear to melee either...). One guy was making a huge cross with spinbeam traps in the smugglers room (only found out at the end). They were not completely uncooperative, but it was always me who needed to be the driving force. Me shouting: guardian rooms, need you. Me shouting "I need you here up north", while they were doing god knows what in the smugglers room.

When we are finally at the boss, of course it takes some time while they are there, and ready. I say, ready lets go? One of em says yeah, so I go in. We fight, and suddenly at one point I realise I'm left alone alone, and of course I get Koed too (should have gatestoned). Then some other guys says "yeah but we weren't ready, I had super melee pots". Now why the hell didn't he say that before...

So yeah, I was the annoying guy getting mad at them and such, but damn, there is a fine line between having some fun, and just being completely ineffcient.

Conclusion: I'm not trying teams under 70 Dung/130 combat again

(actually, this idiotic mage with fire blast and no spear was lvl 76 dung and 119 combat).

Lol that's again for those who can be online very often: I can only be online during weekends.. So I can't depend on things like "seeing a lot"... (I just want to log in during the weekend, look a bit for a party, and then start a fun raid).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I would agree if it were not for the obviously "cloak-of-shadows like" thing depicted on the page.

the poster never mentioned where the heck he got the image of the cloak.

I was assuming that that picture displayed over the page in game? Logically, it would obviously be a bit strange to find a miniature cloak as a bookmark for a diary...but stranger things have happened.

All the pages are clear.

So Gavati edited the screenshot, and all of my beliefs about the world are based on a false reality :blink:

Yeah I put that there. And yeah, I would normally agree that that particular statement in the notes was metaphorical. But seeing as how this cape is found right in the middle of the other Dungeoneering stuff and is translucent/opaque (like Ghostly) as well as is seen both worn and dropped it must be something that players will be able to obtain. Anything that only NPCs can use is never seen as dropped, only worn.

2dgucz6.png

which chat?

"Dannni", a friend introduced me to it when it was quiet but now it's full most times of the day. I'm not sure how it started though but a lot of high level dungeoneers use it, and has helped me find teams (didn't use to have a clan world but even now people look to invite purple dots).
imagangster.png

The thing with 5:5 floors is that the team has little power while each individual player has a lot. You can threaten to kick someone but you may well be shooting yourself in the foot. Conversely, a single pissed off player can really wreck things for the team.

In the best case, this can be used to good advantage to bring wayward players in line. In the worst case, [wagon] players can sabotage the entire floor.

I haven't quit on a team yet, but I've been tempted. And I'll do it if I feel it is warranted. The next time I run into a team filled with selfish jerks who refuse to actually act like a team, I'm just leaving.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

which chat?

"Dannni", a friend introduced me to it when it was quiet but now it's full most times of the day. I'm not sure how it started though but a lot of high level dungeoneers use it, and has helped me find teams (didn't use to have a clan world but even now people look to invite purple dots).

thanks, should be helpful :)

Lord_Beloved.png

Finding teammates can be incredibly frustrating at times. I only recently started teaming since I was previously in a situation where I could only go on for short periods of time. It is definitely faster experience with a team, but not always as fast as it could be when you don't have a competent team.

Teamed with a level 116 yesterday who ran around with a fractite armour and weapon, didn't know how to do any puzzles, and didn't know how to kill the boss. On the other hand I found a level 115 who was maxed range, mage, defence, and a handful of other skills (including mining) who was very useful. Even teamed with a level 82 for a bit who knew what he was doing, even if he wasn't incredibly useful for combat rooms.