12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

It's all nice and fluffy with the great effects this amulet has BUT. How can you actually(and realisticly) get it? I have never seen a slayer monster above night spider and i'm level 75 having done mostly 5:5 large dungeons after level 60. I really can't imagine these slayer monsters being in every 1000th or so monster room, let alone getting a specific item drop from them.

Also as far as i've seen so far, this skill forces you to team up. By soloing my average over all 35 dungeons would be around 20k xp/h, 35k xp/h with 5:5 small and 40k xp/h with 5:5 large, and the less people you have, the less xp you get. As a general rule, i've found that 1-25 small and 26-35 large seems to work best on the xp scale(although large dungeons are always better xp, you get to reset more often and thus get to do more high level large dungeons).

Remember that the "resource lvl" in the dungeons depends on your average levels..

So if you have for average a low slayer lvl no high-lvl slayer monsters will come up..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my arcane stream necklace <3: It's amazing at DKs.

Also, I agree with the skillcape idea. It'd really help out pures like my level 80 friend with 88 strength and 8x range/mage. He has trouble finding parties because of his low level. Everyone knows a skiller when they see one, but pures are harder to seek out.

Stereotypes:

Level 3 with witty name: Skiller

Level 130+: Experienced dungeoneer (most of the time), invite now!

Level 70-110: generic noob who will whine for armor and runes a lot, and take all the salve eels

I resent those stereotypes; it makes it extremely difficult to find a competent team, even on the higher floors where I clearly have at least some experience. I have seen my fair share of incompetent Level 130s as well (you're angry about how I'm a low level? You're not even fighting with us!).

I was just listing some common stereotypes :mellow: And yes, I've seen my fair share of 130+ idiots.

It's all nice and fluffy with the great effects this amulet has BUT. How can you actually(and realisticly) get it? I have never seen a slayer monster above night spider and i'm level 75 having done mostly 5:5 large dungeons after level 60. I really can't imagine these slayer monsters being in every 1000th or so monster room, let alone getting a specific item drop from them.

Also as far as i've seen so far, this skill forces you to team up. By soloing my average over all 35 dungeons would be around 20k xp/h, 35k xp/h with 5:5 small and 40k xp/h with 5:5 large, and the less people you have, the less xp you get. As a general rule, i've found that 1-25 small and 26-35 large seems to work best on the xp scale(although large dungeons are always better xp, you get to reset more often and thus get to do more high level large dungeons).

Remember that the "resource lvl" in the dungeons depends on your average levels..

So if you have for average a low slayer lvl no high-lvl slayer monsters will come up..

i thought about that but by that logic different resources are distributed differantly- ores, wood and bovimastyx in dungeons i play are 60% tier 10 and 40% tier 9(and a small amount of lower ones) no matter who i play with, but slayer creatures are still very rarely higher level even in teams with other maxed people. Also, i saw my first edimmu yesterday though there were no other level 90 slayers there with me. Also i now see that because i reset dungeons very rarely(do alot of big dungeons) that i havn't really done all that many higher level dungeons.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

-1 month later- Skiller back down to rank 500-1000 because everyone else has caught up to 99 dungeon and has more total xp. At least he got his 1 month of RS fame.

You lose in the logic department only because Dungeoneering is the only skill that goes above 99. If this guy continues with the skill he'll always be on top cause when everyone else is reaching 99 he's at 102 or 103. When they're at 104 he's likely at 107. If he keeps at dungeoneering (though it looks like he stopped), he'll have a top spot for long time to come.

Then again, if Dng 2.0 allows prestige up to 60 then it's likely to see a few 120's in this game three months after that release.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

1zml2md.png

:mellow:

Explain?

It's opaque, like the Ghostly Robes. What else could it be but the Cloak of Shadows referenced in the notes?

As above, Squisher could be right. The Cloak of Shadows sounds rather powerful, and isn't in the game yet. It's a cloak, which would be by itself in that slot.

Sorry to say this guys, but I doubt the "cloak of shadows" is an item. Rather, its a figure of speach that suggests the monster uses the shadows to hide and stay unseen in the darkness.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

1zml2md.png

Explain?

It's opaque, like the Ghostly Robes. What else could it be but the Cloak of Shadows referenced in the notes?

As above, Squisher could be right. The Cloak of Shadows sounds rather powerful, and isn't in the game yet. It's a cloak, which would be by itself in that slot.

Sorry to say this guys, but I doubt the "cloak of shadows" is an item. Rather, its a figure of speach that suggests the monster uses the shadows to hide and stay unseen in the darkness.

My exact thoughts.

1zml2md.png

Explain?

My exact thoughts.

I would agree if it were not for the obviously "cloak-of-shadows like" thing depicted on the page.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Stereotypes:

Level 70-110: generic noob who will whine for armor and runes a lot, and take all the salve eels

Too true :thumbup:

What do you guys think the Cloak of Shadows would do though? We already have a hood that makes us unseen by humanoids, we can't have a cloak that, when paired with the hood, would make us unseen by EVERYTHING in the dungeon. That would make rushing far to easy, so what possible special atribute could this cloak have? The name sounds like it would make us invisible to something though....

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

What do you guys think the Cloak of Shadows would do though? We already have a hood that makes us unseen by humanoids, we can't have a cloak that, when paired with the hood, would make us unseen by EVERYTHING in the dungeon. That would make rushing far to easy, so what possible special atribute could this cloak have? The name sounds like it would make us invisible to something though....

We do?

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

We do?

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_silk_hood

"The Shadow silk hood is a mage/range hood found within the Daemonheim dungeons. The hood cannot be crafted, and must be found as a monster drop. The player wearing the hood is invisible to any humanoids, provided they are not a mage or a boss. If you are detected by one of these, you will become visible to any other enemies. This ability does not affect non-humanoid enemies. It should be noted that when attacking a humanoid enemy from an invisible state you will become visible to all humanoid enemies in the same room and they will be able to attack you. "

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

The shade's ranged attack will wreck the **** out of you in melee armor. Therefore, I agree with Qeltar's assumption that it is indeed a magic-based ranged attack. It's probably the same as the waterfiends' ranged attack, albeit much more powerful.

Forgotten Ranger's range attacks are incredibly painful too, even in armor. Also, I typically use robes, while the 118 on my team uses leather armor. Shades tear through that just as easily...

We will not get a cloak of shadows. Night-Gazer all ready has a cloak of shadows which is why we must light a beacon in the room to fight him. The boss room would work better if the amount of light in it changed when the beacons were on or off, and I am surprised that it was not set up that way.

I would agree if it were not for the obviously "cloak-of-shadows like" thing depicted on the page.

the poster never mentioned where the heck he got the image of the cloak.

I was assuming that that picture displayed over the page in game? Logically, it would obviously be a bit strange to find a miniature cloak as a bookmark for a diary...but stranger things have happened.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I was assuming that that picture displayed over the page in game? Logically, it would obviously be a bit strange to find a miniature cloak as a bookmark for a diary...but stranger things have happened.

All the pages are clear.

All the pages are clear.

So Gavati edited the screenshot, and all of my beliefs about the world are based on a false reality :blink:

I've decided to never tell anyone my skills if they ask in a dugneon. It's [bleep]ing annoying. I had a 134 begging me to make him runes for the whole dungeon the other day and he was wearing a primal plate and promethian spear. [bleep]ing annoying, go make your own damn runes. You don't even NEED 2 mages if someone is already doing it, such as me.

I've decided to never tell anyone my skills if they ask in a dugneon. It's [bleep]ing annoying. I had a 134 begging me to make him runes for the whole dungeon the other day and he was wearing a primal plate and promethian spear. [bleep]ing annoying, go make your own damn runes. You don't even NEED 2 mages if someone is already doing it, such as me.

You can spy other player's stats/inv/familiars/familiar's inv with the kin ring anyway :rolleyes:

Stereotypes:

Some of the top 130+ players I've played with are the worst teammates I can ever imagine for Dungeoneering. I went into a dungeon yesterday and it wasn't a team, it was five people who happened to be on the same floor. While I was making runes to help out with forgottten warriors and to make gatestones to help the team if necessary, they grabbed everything out of the starting room and ran off in different directions. Then, they didn't even kill the damned monsters in the rooms near the starting room, basically leaving me stuck there.

Later they finally returned, and it was still every man for himself. I'd kill something and they'd all run up and grab all of the food, even though I used up half of mine killing it. There was no rhyme or reason to anything they did, and despite all the rushing and skipping, it wasn't any faster than doing a floor properly as a team.

A very unenjoyable way to play. I very nearly quit the floor on them, but didn't want to do that since it was 5:5. But the next time I run into a group like that, I'm doing my own thing and they can just deal with it.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Think my choice is partners for dungeoneering still has been really lucky as i made 2 friends last night, one being a tifer.

Both awesome people to dungeoneer with. :P

Think my choice is partners for dungeoneering still has been really lucky as i made 2 friends last night, one being a tifer.

Both awesome people to dungeoneer with. :P

Same here. Though, I still haven't experienced how it's like to 5-man a large dungeon, lolz.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Can anyone confirm the speed of a sighted longbow? I've had people say it boosts the speed to 5, but RuneWiki insists it stays at 4.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Life is like a box of chocolates.. and so is picking random players to Dungeoneer with . :)

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png