12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Ever since I started training this skill, I can't get out of Deamonheim for over 30 minutes without finding surface runescape dull. Man, they did an awesome job planning this whole thing up.

16185_s.gif

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since I started training this skill, I can't get out of Deamonheim for over 30 minutes without finding surface runescape dull. Man, they did an awesome job planning this whole thing up.

I really have to agree. I've been playing Runescape far more often due to this very reason.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Anyone else finding it a tad bit annoying to get 5... FIVE adventurer log entries for a single level of dungeoneering?

the last three floors each gave me:

Defeated a boss!

Found a page!

Level up!

New floor unlocked!

All skills now!

yeaap *points to siggy*

omg i know! when new floors come out ill adventure log spam more people

now that no new floors can be unlocked its a bit less but still

all lvl 80

level 80

Ikilled a boss monster

i killed a boss monster

kill bossmonster

killed 5 boss monsters

all skills 79

lvl 79

i got a chaotic rapier and i love it for slayer.

Anyone else noticed jagex lied about this 10hrs??/i trained with it like 7-10 hrs and it says 75% lol

StarViv.png

I like the skill, but I kind of wish it has been setup more as a rogue-like, where you're trying to tackle the dungeon as a whole, rather than each floor individual. Starting over on every floor is probably my least favorite thing about the skill

Anyone else noticed jagex lied about this 10hrs??/i trained with it like 7-10 hrs and it says 75% lol

I think it's the time you actually spend in combat. Doesn't decharge when you are just holding it.

redarrows-1.png

I think it's the time you actually spend in combat. Doesn't decharge when you are just holding it.

Pretty sure sin is right.

<>

Hmm, I don't get why you wouldn't get invited in a team. I myself am combat 133 and I usually invite people as low as 90 and still get about 19k experience on, for example, f25 large. I'm not sure if this is all that good, but the dungeons don't take longer than an hour either. Anyhow, I guess you should be looking for people like me, who do not care about slightly worse experience. You might even want to make a team yourself ;)

EDIT: Never had any troubles with dem low levels either :D

You haven't been playing long enough then. Not only are most lvl 120- complete idiots/leeches, but quite often they have mommy yelling at them because it's time to do hw/sleep/their PC time is up and have to leave in the middle of the game, leaving you pretty much screwed.

Maybe you are right, I guess I just have to wait and see :)

Ironically, I've had more trouble with high levels than low levels in this regard. A maxed player (barring summoning obviously) joined our game the other day, and he was the one slowing us down the most, since he spent much of the game away ("Hang on, I need a smoke.") And of course, in 5:5 games, the dungeon scales itself to the player with the highest skills, so we literally couldn't move most of the time until he got back... plenty of times, level 130+ team mates get themselves lost, or just stop paying attention. Or my friend Shorty who still fails the Simon Says puzzle... :D

Then there's the 118 I typically team with and the 120-130 players that often opt in when I search for a team in the populated worlds, and they're just fine most of the time...

actualy another guy said he used it for 4 horus and it only lost 11%

a_final_name.png

<>

Hmm, I don't get why you wouldn't get invited in a team. I myself am combat 133 and I usually invite people as low as 90 and still get about 19k experience on, for example, f25 large. I'm not sure if this is all that good, but the dungeons don't take longer than an hour either. Anyhow, I guess you should be looking for people like me, who do not care about slightly worse experience. You might even want to make a team yourself ;)

EDIT: Never had any troubles with dem low levels either :D

You haven't been playing long enough then. Not only are most lvl 120- complete idiots/leeches, but quite often they have mommy yelling at them because it's time to do hw/sleep/their PC time is up and have to leave in the middle of the game, leaving you pretty much screwed.

I resent that generalization, even if there is some merit to it.

Ironically, I've had more trouble with high levels than low levels in this regard. A maxed player (barring summoning obviously) joined our game the other day, and he was the one slowing us down the most, since he spent much of the game away ("Hang on, I need a smoke.") And of course, in 5:5 games, the dungeon scales itself to the player with the highest skills, so we literally couldn't move most of the time until he got back... plenty of times, level 130+ team mates get themselves lost, or just stop paying attention. Or my friend Shorty who still fails the Simon Says puzzle... :D

Then there's the 118 I typically team with and the 120-130 players that often opt in when I search for a team in the populated worlds, and they're just fine most of the time...

Out of random curiosity, how would a level 105 with 65 dunegoneering improve their chances of being selected by an actually competent team (or if you'd perfer, how to be selected by your standards)? When I find myself lucky enough to find a position with a high leveled team, I generally make myself useful by collecting drops and food, making runes for those who request them, and carrying the "puzzle" supplies (rod, pick, tinderbox, etc.) or keys. After clearing the room of enemies, of course. I can't stand people who are more interested in scavenging drops then killing the level 114 Mage and level 111 Shade in the room.

Why would a 105 and a 65 even want to be on a high level team? Why not just duo together? The game will adjust to your combat levels.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Why would a 105 and a 65 even want to be on a high level team? Why not just duo together? The game will adjust to your combat levels.

indeed. if you're on a team that knows what they're doing, those with the highest skill levels in all skills will carry those tools, one person is responsible for farming herbs, making required pots, one person is responsible for all keys, and the rest of the people are pure killers who do guard rooms, and the requests of the key runner.

If you cannot effectively fill any of those roles efficiently, you have no place on a high level team, that's the harsh truth. Just like i would slow down a team of level 100s. I'd be much more inclined to duo with a level 130+ than to 5:5 with sub-125s cause it'd be faster for all concerned.

Out of random curiosity, how would a level 105 with 65 dunegoneering improve their chances of being selected by an actually competent team (or if you'd perfer, how to be selected by your standards)? When I find myself lucky enough to find a position with a high leveled team, I generally make myself useful by collecting drops and food, making runes for those who request them, and carrying the "puzzle" supplies (rod, pick, tinderbox, etc.) or keys. After clearing the room of enemies, of course. I can't stand people who are more interested in scavenging drops then killing the level 114 Mage and level 111 Shade in the room.

I don't really have high standards. Two friends and I play together, and when we feel like playing 5:5, we visit some high population worlds and just ask if anyone else wants to join us for that floor. We take pretty much anyone over level 100, and we've never met with complete disaster.

To be honest, the three of us have most roles covered... so anything our guest team-mates do is just a bonus. If they overlap our roles, well, we adjust and it's not a big deal. The only real problems we've encountered are when players join our team with really high skills and don't really keep up well (like the maxed player who joined us).

I don't really have high standards. Two friends and I play together, and when we feel like playing 5:5, we visit some high population worlds and just ask if anyone else wants to join us for that floor. We take pretty much anyone over level 100, and we've never met with complete disaster.

To be honest, the three of us have most roles covered... so anything our guest team-mates do is just a bonus. If they overlap our roles, well, we adjust and it's not a big deal. The only real problems we've encountered are when players join our team with really high skills and don't really keep up well (like the maxed player who joined us).

dungeoneering shows us that with great skills, comes great responsibility :P

Naaxi.png

Really Mori? You had to go there? Lol

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

The guy in the vid is like a super tank though. :blink:

Just look at those unholy def stats.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

What if Bilrach will be the last dungeoneering boss at 120?

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Really Mori? You had to go there? Lol

ive teamed with a level 90 a level 116 a level 125 ive found that usually 4 130+ and 1 lower doesnt lower the dungion difficulty but 3 130+ and 2 lower accually does make the dungion easier :)

130+s that have lower dungion usually are worse on the team than 100s that have 65+ dungion so higher floors generally go smoother than lower/med floors

peeoplee that have high skills on a team of people that have lower skills generally have to open doors make more armor thats why i generally prefer to team with higher levels and higher levels usually have the motivation to raise thier dungion level and get the dungion done faster.

but sometimes on a team of 138s they will shy away from accepting a say 125..

when i make a team on forums i dont require 130+ but usually get lvl 138s anyway because these are the people still training dungion that realize teams are best way to train and dont have other skills to distract them :)

StarViv.png

What if Bilrach will be the last dungeoneering boss at 120?

I was thinking more of the so-called "evil power" that warps the dungeons that Bilrach repeatedly mentions in his journal. Remember Bilrach isn't the only evil power down there.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I think a lot depends on your playing style. I'd almost rather end up with someone who didn't entirely know what they were doing than one of those "Wall street executive" players who are always in the biggest damned hurry and are constantly telling you what to do to try to get through the level 5 seconds faster. No patience for that BS -- if I feel the need to be ordered around, I can talk to my wife. ;)

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I think a lot depends on your playing style. I'd almost rather end up with someone who didn't entirely know what they were doing than one of those "Wall street executive" players who are always in the biggest damned hurry and are constantly telling you what to do to try to get through the level 5 seconds faster. No patience for that BS -- if I feel the need to be ordered around, I can talk to my wife. ;)

hmm one of the first things i semi agree w/ qeltar on .

u can make up for someone who doesnt know what they are doing ussually but people that are screaming during 5:5 small dont kill monsters dont kill dont kill and get mad at people getting ready for boss arent fun to party w/ either.

StarViv.png