12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

Finding teammates can be incredibly frustrating at times. I only recently started teaming since I was previously in a situation where I could only go on for short periods of time. It is definitely faster experience with a team, but not always as fast as it could be when you don't have a competent team.

Teamed with a level 116 yesterday who ran around with a fractite armour and weapon, didn't know how to do any puzzles, and didn't know how to kill the boss. On the other hand I found a level 115 who was maxed range, mage, defence, and a handful of other skills (including mining) who was very useful. Even teamed with a level 82 for a bit who knew what he was doing, even if he wasn't incredibly useful for combat rooms.

Well if you have a high cb level and have a high enough dung lvl to do all floors, i've found "Dannni" clan chat to be extremely useful in finding teams.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with 5:5 floors is that the team has little power while each individual player has a lot. You can threaten to kick someone but you may well be shooting yourself in the foot. Conversely, a single pissed off player can really wreck things for the team.

In the best case, this can be used to good advantage to bring wayward players in line. In the worst case, [wagon] players can sabotage the entire floor.

I haven't quit on a team yet, but I've been tempted. And I'll do it if I feel it is warranted. The next time I run into a team filled with selfish jerks who refuse to actually act like a team, I'm just leaving.

I've quit on my team on a large map after we found boss room. I was team leader, and I always make it clear that when I start a team, we play by my rules. Needless to say, nobody was listening, they were all doing their thing, and by the end I was just so pissed that I just quit on them. The boss was lvl 400+, and they pretty much had no chance of killing it. Later on, one of the more cooperative guys got on my cc and said they all just left the game after I did. So yea, you meet all sorts of ppl :thumbup:

Generally, 130+ teams are decent, but if you're 130+, stay away from lower lvls, unless you want to do the map all by yourself.

This is by far my favorite skill in runescape. what I like best is that it can appeal to all types of players. For the player who wants die-hard efficiency to level up fast, there are plenty of teams set up for just that. But I'm one of those guys who is here for the fun of it. I don't give much of a care for efficiency, i do low level floors just to be with a team and have some fun, regardless of the xp murder. I tried joining rush teams; i find that it takes all the fun out of the skill. It's hard to enjoy yourself when your teammates have the mentality of "kill only when necessary, don't bother with resources, and get through as fast as humanly possible". I'll be dungeoneering for a long time I think, it's just such a fun thing to be raiding a dungeon with a group of teammates.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

There are only two reasons I hate this skill ( and won't play until they fix)

Dc'ing during solos... (hopefully they'll fix that with this weeks update..?)

And the prestige system... I can deal with this I guess... I'm just sick of frozen floors >.<

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I feel that after reaching dung lvl 41, you should either solo or team rush the frozen floors and do 5 man mediums for the abandoned. That way, every time you reset, you gain 3-4 prestige lvls. Floors 27 and above should be 5:5 large. This is to maximize xp per time and minimize # of resets.

Once you are 69 dung, I'd say just rush 5:5 smalls all the way. It is so easy and with coordination, I can finish floors in 7 minutes. I feel like large floors have a big variance on the time to finish and plus, it requires that no one logs out, as chances of encountering mime or lever is higher.

With small floors, even if someone logs out, you only lose at most 10 min of work rather than 1.2 hours.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Do you get significantly more XP rushing a low floor in a 5:5 compared to just soloing it? Haven't tried that yet.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

4-8k for all 29 floors? Yikes. Doesn't sound much better than just doing complexity 1 solo for them all, and not any faster.

Do people usually do those floors on complexity 1 or 6?

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Do you get significantly more XP rushing a low floor in a 5:5 compared to just soloing it? Haven't tried that yet.

It's between about 4-8k for f1-29

It cant be 4-8k for doing all floors. That cant be right.

I rushed floor 6 once, only opening doors from the start room to the boss and not killing any monsters I didnt have to and that got me 1k exp for that floor.

It's between about 4-8k for f1-29

I rushed floor 6 once, only opening doors from the start room to the boss and not killing any monsters I didnt have to and that got me 1k exp for that floor.

That would be solo though, it's more xp in a team.

And teaming seems to be faster than solo too if your teammates are any good.

2dvjurb.png

Nonono, he meant for EACH floor, you would get that amount of exp.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Oh, good.

Okay, that's definitely better than doing those floors solo on comp 1. Thanks.

signew2.png

Okay, that's definitely better than doing those floors solo on comp 1. Thanks.

Who would do floors on anything other than comp 6? :rolleyes: (Unless you were rushing to unlock a new floor.)

Speaking of which, contrary to popular belief, you only have to do your LATEST floor to unlock the next one, if you have the level. You don't need to have done all other "marked as undone" dungeons.

That's what I experienced when I unlocked F20-27.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I thought the players rushing through floors 1 to "N" were going on complexity 1 to speed things up even more.

I haven't done 5:5 floors yet except for the higher-level ones.

signew2.png

This.

I thought the players rushing through floors 1 to "N" were going on complexity 1 to speed things up even more.

I haven't done 5:5 floors yet except for the higher-level ones.

No, you do it on c6. With a competent team, you can finish a small map in 5-8 min, which works out to be about the same exp as a 5:5 large. Whenever I solo a small floor on c1 I get like 500exp...and this is only worth doing if you have the odd floor you haven't done and cba wasting time looking for a team.

What are "least harmful" and "party magician?"

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

What are "least harmful" and "party magician?"

Party Magician is most non combat magic I think, and least harmful is what it says on the tin.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Party magician is most magic xp gained done without doing ANY other damage

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I just got the rapier and tried it on a steels task with ovl + turmoil, and this thing just destroyed them. I was hitting many 50s and 60s (max 67), and few 0s. Definitely worth getting.

I just got the rapier and tried it on a steels task with ovl + turmoil, and this thing just destroyed them. I was hitting many 50s and 60s (max 67), and few 0s. Definitely worth getting.

Makes super antis a good deal less useful then :sad: damn progress...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20