12-Apr-2010 - Dungeoneering Skill!

12pure34

When you get a skill too 99 you are relieved that now you can train leisurley and dont have to think about it. Having a skill stop at a level is definatley a good thing. After that you can play for ranks if you really care about the skill so much...

What the hell???

You feel obligated to train a skill to 99 or something?

Something is definitely wrong there.......

You truly never did an annoying thing because you like the reward in the end?

(like a paycheck at the end of the month... :-P )

lol rs is a game not a job =P

most of the skills arent annoyingas u can watchvideos/readtipit while training or they megafast or fun

StarViv.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol rs is a game not a job =P

most of the skills arent annoyingas u can watchvideos/readtipit while training or they megafast or fun

You just admitted in your reply that most of the skills ARE annoying... :wink:

Sorry for the OT here... :razz:

Kinda sad how I was like 70 levels away from maxing all skills which should take me a year.

Then they come out with a skill requiring 104m exp for me to max out.

Atleast ive got the next 3 years of skilling set. :???::thumbup:

try 1 week of nolifing to max all skills

There is no way in bloody murder any person can get 88->99 Runecrafting, 92->99 Agility and 89->99 Slayer in one week, no matter how hard they try.

Thats 28 out of the 70 or so levels I needed.

Not like I was missing 50 levels to get 99 firemaking or cooking.

Kinda sad how I was like 70 levels away from maxing all skills which should take me a year.

Then they come out with a skill requiring 104m exp for me to max out.

Atleast ive got the next 3 years of skilling set. :???::thumbup:

try 1 week of nolifing to max all skills

There is no way in bloody murder any person can get 88->99 Runecrafting, 92->99 Agility and 89->99 Slayer in one week, no matter how hard they try.

Thats 28 out of the 70 or so levels I needed.

Not like I was missing 50 levels to get 99 firemaking or cooking.

Seems like everyone near me is maxing out, and I've yet to even get my 2nd damn 99 Skill. Olly, Shey, Smelly, you. D:

Popoto.~<3

I don't really get why there's a problem with having this skill last as long as it does. It would really just give a reason to train the skill past 99, for more than just the xp.

Even though I'm actually not 99 in any skills yet, I would still like that all/most skills actually lasted longer than 13m xp. I don't like the thought of "finishing" a skill.

For me, rs is about training the skills I like a lot, and keep improving them. Having more levels past 99 would give a better reason to continue to train those skills.

Qeltar put it quite good though: It's the journey that is the point, not the goal. Although this of course doesn't fit for everyone, some people are very determined about where they are going. But I'd say that this skill would be nothing but a new goal for them. Or in other ways - the end game. (which some people seem to have imagined as having finished a solo game with a storyline (like say the campaign part of AoE.)

You havent got a 99 yet then you dont know what it feels like to get a 99 yet.

When you get a skill too 99 you are relieved that now you can train leisurley and dont have to think about it. Having a skill stop at a level is definatley a good thing. After that you can play for ranks if you really care about the skill so much...

You might be right, but I still believe that this is different from person to person, and their way of playing. The reason that I have no 99 skills, is just that I do not want the feeling of finishing a skill. I'd rather work on getting all my skills up another 5 levels, or 10 levels, or even just 1 level. And knowing that I'll never max out, and not even get 99 in a lot of skills is a relief for me, not something frustrating. But again, this is because I don't have a very goal-oriented way of playing. (this might be why I'm at the total level I'm on, almost always is one of the persons with least total xp - 1984 total with just 69m xp)

Scherzo.png

I know there is a skillcape now, and could someone make me a GIF animation of it? Cant get on youtube here :?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I don't know if anyone's posted this but there's going to be 60 floors apparently:

Source:

http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/previews/runescape-dungeoneering.html

Glad to see I was right. Well it was obivious anyway.

40 total bosses for 60 floors...

I thought one of those main Jagi said they were going to have a boss unlocked at every floor...

Maybe he was just saying that he wished they could do that, or will eventually have that.

Does this mean there will be 6 themes total, that each theme will have 10 floors, and that Abandoned 2 has basically just been cut in half?

2dgucz6.png

Ok, 60 floors. Assuming they keep the pattern of 12 floors per theme...

11 Frozen floors

6 Abandoned floors

12 Furnished floors

6 Abandoned floors

12 Chaotic floors

12 Warped floors

That = 59. Pretty much confirms without a shadow of a doubt for me that floor 60 will be special. Hopefully we will fight Bilrach himself. Will be the first time we ever fight a Majharrat, assuming people's theories about Nomad are false.

11 Frozen floors

6 Abandoned floors

12 Furnished floors

6 Abandoned floors

12 Chaotic floors

12 Warped floors

That = 59. Pretty much confirms without a shadow of a doubt for me that floor 60 will be special. Hopefully we will fight Bilrach himself. Will be the first time we ever fight a Majharrat, assuming people's theories about Nomad are false.

1. General Khazard

2. In Temple of Ikov you can "kill" Lucien ... I think it counts.

11 Frozen floors

6 Abandoned floors

12 Furnished floors

6 Abandoned floors

12 Chaotic floors

12 Warped floors

Would be fitting for floor 60 to be a frozen floor maybe? where your journey starts it will end. Makes that 12 and a total of 60.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

11 Frozen floors

6 Abandoned floors

12 Furnished floors

6 Abandoned floors

12 Chaotic floors

12 Warped floors

Would be fitting for floor 60 to be a frozen floor maybe? where your journey starts it will end. Makes that 12 and a total of 60.

Anything but that. I want something not so anti climatic for the last floor.

Anyway, I wonder what enemies they'll use in chaotic and warped floors. I hope there will be more than one new monster per area unlike in the first three areas. (not counting slayer monsters, forgotten warriors/mages/rangers, mysterious shades or the new kind of dragons)

Sounds like lag, UNLESS you drank or ate something before trying to move. I noticed that you become immobile for a short period then, in Dungeoneering, and almost died the same way as you.

2dgucz6.png

I can always dodge it even if the server is laggy (didn't get hit even once between 70-85). The attack is so forgiving that you should be able to dodge it easily regardless of lag.

The shadow forger is so overpowered...

2. He starts glowing
  3. I click behind the pillar
  4. 4 seconds later I starts moving
  5. I get hit 800+ and die..

Not to mention the game lagging every minute because Jagex is too lazy to get decent servers.

Not to mention he can hit several times in ONE TURN for over 500 damage EACH on 5:5 raids, where you lose close to 15% exp per death. :thumbdown:

td2sig.jpg

2. He starts glowing

Not to mention the game lagging every minute because Jagex is too lazy to get decent servers.

Not to mention he can hit several times in ONE TURN for over 500 damage EACH on 5:5 raids, where you lose close to 15% exp per death. :thumbdown:

1.) Protect melee

2.) Don't stand in one pile with everyone else, if you do then all the sludge will be aimed in one spot

3.) Don't forget to eat. If you have to recast vengeance or something do it while it's safe to do it.

4.) If you can't heal fast enough. (Comboed to under 400 hp, etc) just tele out and heal in safety. It's faster to do that instead of struggling with low hp while being unable to damage the boss at all.

2. He starts glowing

Yeh, i find that boss to be pretty frustrating. Even when I click out on time, lagging deters me from moving, but doesn't deter the shadow forger from using its special,

(which is a guaranteed KO no matter how high your HP is).

I like the shadowforger. There should be at least one boss to separate the men from the boys, because most of them are pushovers even on 5:5 maps. The last guy is particularly disappointing.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

2. He starts glowing

Yeh, i find that boss to be pretty frustrating. Even when I click out on time, lagging deters me from moving, but doesn't deter the shadow forger from using its special,

I've never seen it 1 hit someone from max Hp. Never.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

2. He starts glowing

I've never seen it 1 hit someone from max Hp. Never.

I had a good ole l-o-l when one of my friends died to that special attack and then ran in and died again by getting hit with it immediately, although I think he was combo'd.

2dgucz6.png