24-Apr-2010 - Jagex Presents... RuneFest 2010

Infi

I see that and raise you a Mod post.

"Hey all,

Whilst the event is designed for adults you can attend if you are 16 or over. Though only those over 18 will be able to drink the alcohol.

- Mod Crow -"

164-165-523-60866720 2nd page.

Ok you win. (not that i trust any mod post since they are incorrect more often than not).

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm in the area or have the chance, why not? Doubt I will, but never know.

Would probably stick to the 18+ area, though.

NO RSN NAME TAGS, THOUGH! :unsure:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I think it was pretty cynical of them to deliberately exclude under-18s from this event for pretty much no reason. Sure, a lot of adults like to have alcohol at events, but it is really not necessary. It seems they did this on purpose to exclude their younger players, in order to give the impression that RS is primarily a game played by adults. That's pretty unfortunate.

Edit: 16+ is better, but IMO it should be 13+, as they themselves stipulate for the game.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I think it was pretty cynical of them to deliberately exclude under-18s from this event for pretty much no reason. Sure, a lot of adults like to have alcohol at events, but it is really not necessary. It seems they did this on purpose to exclude their younger players, in order to give the impression that RS is primarily a game played by adults. That's pretty unfortunate.

Edit: 16+ is better, but IMO it should be 13+, as they themselves stipulate for the game.

Its 14+, if you enter a DoB under that age, it won't let you register. :P

14plus.png

You can't really blame them, the last thing Jagex wants at its first IRL meet is to have its old reputation as a kid's game, the reputation that they're fighting so hard to lose, come back and scare off all older players from returning for "Runefest 2011".

I'm going, you can all get my scapeograph then :)

What would you do there?

They're having a Q+A.

You could get things signed (I'll be taking the book).

You can play, there will be several PCs/Laptops available for people to play together all hooked up with ear-pieces set up as a LAN I guess.

Also, a nice chit-chat with Runescapers.

Ha, I bet they have an age limit because they don't want all the spammy, immature 12 year old RSOF ranters to come. :smile:

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Ha, I bet they have an age limit because they don't want all the spammy, immature 12 year old RSOF ranters to come. :smile:

Actually, they have a limit because of the alcohol.

Though it does look like serving alcohol was a somewhat clever way of excluding younger scapers without being completely obvious.

I live just outside central london. Praying it'll be an outdoor event, in the August sunshine. That'd be awesome. But unlikely. Registered and will go if its not too steep.

Oh, and I'm 19, but I couldnt care less about the age of the other attendees. Some of you seem to need to stop stereotyping...

Lanthode.png

It's not just the alcohol reason, I think there are several legal implications involving events with minors (under 16's) to do with insurance, responsibility for them etc. I don't think people should be making a big deal about Alcohol, by the time people have reached 18 in the UK they've had enough hangovers to know that getting plastered isn't always a good idea anyway! Unless you go to uni of course.. ;)

asrhasrh.jpg

Prices aint that bad if you book like 2 months before.

From the looks of things, £100 for the train, possibly more, haven't looked into services like MegaBus though - they're usually reasonable. That - plus the event's ticket cost and perhaps the need for accommodation somewhere depending on how long it lasts is definitely not something I can fork out as a student! ;)

It's a good move, and I think that given there's a minimum age limit (seriously, kids never make an event more enjoyable), and they're serious enough about it to provide alcohol, it would be an enjoyable event for anyone who would want to come. I'd be 18 by then, as well.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Interesting idea.. Not sure if I'll make the trip over the North Sea to attend the event, but you never know. I'll just wait and see how the plan develops. :)

maskyn.png

~99 Cooking on 06/20/2007~

~99 Agility on 03/02/2008 (1,006th)~

~99 Firemaking on 06/25/2008~

~99 Woodcutting on 06/29/2009~

~99 Fletching on 10/29/2009~

Prices aint that bad if you book like 2 months before.

From the looks of things, £100 for the train, possibly more, haven't looked into services like MegaBus though - they're usually reasonable. That - plus the event's ticket cost and perhaps the need for accommodation somewhere depending on how long it lasts is definitely not something I can fork out as a student! ;)

Pretty sure Megabus is the cheapest way to get to London from Scotland. I think they had a Glasgow to London journey for a pound or something a few years back as some kind of promotion. Either way, still cheaper than the train.

It's quite a good idea i think but i won't be going.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

so, if i understand this correctly, the idea is to get Jagex staffers all liquored up so they'll spill their secrets? awesome. one liiitle problem tho... its in the UK.... Im in the US... 7 hour plane ride, one way, in a cramped seat, for a 6'3" tall guy. yikes. dont think so. (not to mention i couldnt afford the trip even if i really wanted to.)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Pretty sure Megabus is the cheapest way to get to London from Scotland. I think they had a Glasgow to London journey for a pound or something a few years back as some kind of promotion. Either way, still cheaper than the train.

It's quite a good idea i think but i won't be going.

You're quite right! Quick look suggests could get a return for ~£20 - no bookings as late as August at the moment but that's a hell of a lot nicer looking than the train costs. :P Still hope yet! I think it's great of Jagex to be putting on this kind of event, lets hope it turns out very well!

so, if i understand this correctly, the idea is to get Jagex staffers all liquored up so they'll spill their secrets?

*gives Mod MMG vodka*

*Asks for Stellar Dawn info*

*As Mod MMG is about to say info, he gets hit with poison dart*

FUUUUUUUU....

I was planning to go to London anyways so this will give me the extra incentive. I wonder who of the famous players will show.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

so, if i understand this correctly, the idea is to get Jagex staffers all liquored up so they'll spill their secrets?

*gives Mod MMG vodka*

*Asks for Stellar Dawn info*

*As Mod MMG is about to say info, he gets hit with poison dart*

FUUUUUUUU....

I was planning to go to London anyways so this will give me the extra incentive. I wonder who of the famous players will show.

3___hit___u said he was coming earlier in the thread, he can sign my 99 HP splat shirt. :P