Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

I hate how some websites I visit have mods/admins that are total douches and on a power trip. Probably get a kick out of being [wagon] to everyone.

Dropping my pick into my acoustic guitar.

Lol I have a pick that's been stuck in my guitar forever. Never been able to get it out.

2480+ total

I always flip the guitar over and shake it over my head until it comes out. It worked every time until I stopped using a pick.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I tried that a few times. The pick is good at hiding. I've come to the conclusion the pick likes it there. He has a wife, and they have tiny pick children. /random

2480+ total

I feel like I could murder several puppies.

Spent the past 5 hours working on homework that's due tomorrow. After getting done with it, I saw I received an email from the TA saying that there was a typo in the homework, and they've since updated it (email was sent about 2 hours ago). They've also decided to push back the due date by 2 days.

Mildly annoying, could have gotten to bed earlier, but meh. I can deal with that.

Whatever the typo was, I overlooked it. Curious, I compared the updated homework to the problems that I did, and they've changed all the [bleep]ing coefficients.

This means all my answers are wrong, and I just wasted 5 hours of my time because I didn't procrastinate long enough. Un [bleep]ing believable.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Well, it ain't that I only notice rude kids, I have been doing this queue watching for 3 years now and no year has been as bad as this one. Even 3 years ago I only had trouble for the first 2 weeks, second year for first 3 months, and now I don't even know...

And the fact is that even if it is good that they get bolder, they get unbelievably rude. I mean like everyone. I can't remember anyone daring to do anything to a sophomore, when I was younger. Absolutely anything. And now...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

People who give you a riddle, and you give a possible answer, and they say nope you're wrong. So you continue trying to guess. Then they tell you the answer and it turns out your answer was totally correct just not the answer they wanted.

2480+ total

Public toilets which lack paper towels, or only have the air dryers where you have to press the button to start it. You may as well not wash your hands at all because you're either a) not drying them, or b) picking up all the microbes from the button before drying again.

Public toilets which lack paper towels, or only have the air dryers where you have to press the button to start it. You may as well not wash your hands at all because you're either a) not drying them, or b) picking up all the microbes from the button before drying again.

But everyone who pushed the button already washed their hands.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

That reminds me of a commercial I saw that just baffled me with its stupidity. It was an ad for an automatic liquid soap dispenser, which would give some soap when you put your hand in front of the sensor. What's the point? So you don't make your hand dirty by pushing the liquid soap button...

Come on, we've both been in the men's room. They briefly swipe their hands under the tap, which amounts to naff all really.

Come on, we've both been in the men's room. They briefly swipe their hands under the tap, which amounts to naff all really.

When I was working as a busser I had to clean the restroom from time to time. Every time I went in somebody would come in, take a leak, and leave without flushing or washing their hands. We were in a god damned restaurant!

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

^I saw a guy walk out of the bathroom without washing his hands at my senior prom. I was incredibly tempted to tell his date this.

Didn't though because I was renting the suit and bruises suck.

Also, doing peer review with English majors who think they're God's gift to writing. Yes, I get that you're a decent writer, but that doesn't mean that you're stuff is flawless or that my critiques are direct insults to you. And flat out telling someone to stop arguing a point because you disagree with it isn't peer review, it's being a close-minded idiot.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

People who emphasise almost every word and sentence they say. When you do that, you're not adding emphasis to anything and you're clouding the message with hyperbole. I don't know why it annoys me so much... maybe because it makes it hard to pick out the point they're trying to make... or maybe because it makes me feel as though they're out of touch, getting really worked up about things which, actually, are quite trivial and part of everyday life.

In the same line of thought, people who don't wash their hands, ever. They eat, don't wash their hands. They go crap, don't wash their hands. Go play sports, don't wash their hands. Probably the one time the hands get a wash is when they take a shower and water just happens to roll over the hands. Then again, we know what happens in the shower... >.> God forbid you have to shake their hand. Asian people are lucky, they get to bow instead of shaking potentially disgusting hands.

2480+ total

When I was working as a busser I had to clean the restroom from time to time. Every time I went in somebody would come in, take a leak, and leave without flushing or washing their hands. We were in a god damned restaurant!

Is taking a leak really all that bad for you bacteria wise? Typically bathrooms are the cleanest areas around in terms of bacteria count, and billions of bacteria live on all parts of our body - our crotch is not some doom pit of bacteria..

Of course, I'd be washing my hands, I just don't think it's the end of the world if you don't.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The crotch is one of the worst places, actually. It's dark (assuming you don't go outside naked), and it's also quite moist because of sweat. Just lovely for all sorts of transient, disease-causing microbes to thrive in. Not to mention there's other things that get 'caught' in the creases, which I'll put in hide tags for the less tolerant members of the forum:

[hide=Not nice stuff]Faecal matter, dead cells, pubic hairs and semen, for example.[/hide]

So you go to the toilet, you don't wash your hands--or, as I originally said, the place doesn't even give you the facilities to wash your hands properly--and then you go and shake hands with someone you're meeting, cuddle up to your loved ones, prepare food etc., and you've just covered your hands in all that stuff, plus the microbes, and now it's all over them too. And then they'll go eat something with those same hands.

It really is that disgusting.

The crotch is one of the worst places, actually. It's dark (assuming you don't go outside naked), and it's also quite moist because of sweat. Just lovely for all sorts of transient, disease-causing microbes to thrive in. Not to mention there's other things that get 'caught' in the creases, which I'll put in hide tags for the less tolerant members of the forum:

[hide=Not nice stuff]Faecal matter, dead cells, pubic hairs and semen, for example.[/hide]

So you go to the toilet, you don't wash your hands--or, as I originally said, the place doesn't even give you the facilities to wash your hands properly--and then you go and shake hands with someone you're meeting, cuddle up to your loved ones, prepare food etc., and you've just covered your hands in all that stuff, plus the microbes, and now it's all over them too. And then they'll go eat something with those same hands.

It really is that disgusting.

Actually going to hide my post as it might be disturbing to more sensible users.

[hide]

Did you know that having bacteria on your body and surroundings improve your immmune system?

Talking about fecal matter, you just can't get away from it. Even the Mythbusters proved it with their experiment where they put toothbrushes everywhere in the bathroom, and few controls in the kitchen. Every single toothbrush had fecal mater on it.

[/hide]