Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

"Your table will be ready in 45 minutes"

An hour and a half later...

I left three hours ago and just got home now.

That happens when tables take forever to leave. Since it was a Saturday evening I'm guessing that they had a couple of large parties who had to take a couple of tables and would just not leave after they finished eating. That's happened so many times...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

My other flat on my floor in my halls. They were having a party and making noise 'til 5am last night, and I'm not sure how I should feel about it.

On the one hand, it's a Saturday night, it's barely a week after Freshers ended, and they're doing it in their own flat and not smashing anything up.

On the other, I've got a bad cold, I need sleep, their music is clearly audible through three thick walls, this isn't the first time it's happened, and it's stupidly late.

^I think everyone here can share that feeling.

I hate it when people who consider themselves "Martial Artists*" seem to ignore half of what martial arts are. The physical end is important, but you can't forget the mental aspects like not avoiding fights, trying to remain modest, and being respectful to everyone. And the creative and artistic side as well. If katas are like tracing another person's drawing, then making your own set of techniques up is like freehand drawing.

It doesn't mean you'll neccessarily excell at those aspects of the martial arts, but you should definitely at least give them a try.

*Many of these are also reasons why "practical martial arts" and the like annoy me. I don't deny that karate (as it is taught at studios) is really inefficient at teaching you how to fight well, but the solution to that problem is to offer intensive classes for the most driven students, not to cut out the side lessons of the martial arts entirely.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

>texts you

>you text back

>no reply

[hide]5wzqk.jpg[/hide]

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

That moment when your looking at your test, and you realize what you did wrong, and how obvious a mistake it actually was. I couldn't find anything wrong with the following code during the test, and I didn't spot it after until I put the program in the computer and ran it, and then after seeing the answer I spotted the mistake after about 3 seconds of viewing the code. Not seeing the obvious mistake cost me 10% on a test.

public class test2 {
public static void main(String[] args) {
int celcius = 100;
double farenheit;
farenheit = (9/5) * celcius + 32.0;
System.out.println(farenheit);
}
}

It should have returned a value of 212, and it returns a value of 132 because the 9/5 are both integers, and thus the resultant is also an integer. Of course, had I been on a computer writing my own code I would have realized the mistake had I made it myself in a matter of seconds :wall:

Trying to teach a technology inept parent on how to use that touch-screen phone they just had to buy. My dad is so adamant on getting internet but it's so frustrating to explain to him how it works. He kept on thinking an iPad was called wi-fi no matter how much I corrected him. This seriously made me contemplate ending my own life.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

People who text in movie theaters.

I was trying to watch Taken 2 the other day and some kid in front of me kept pulling out his phone. It's distracting because the light from the phone catches my eyes. Is the text really THAT important that you can't wait two hours for the film to be over?

You should have told him. Actually I think it's only in small places like here that you can actually do that..

How was Taken 2? Haven't seen it yet but I want to go watch it.

Trying to teach a technology inept parent on how to use that touch-screen phone they just had to buy. My dad is so adamant on getting internet but it's so frustrating to explain to him how it works. He kept on thinking an iPad was called wi-fi no matter how much I corrected him. This seriously made me contemplate ending my own life.

That's a bit overdramatic, isn't it?

Rain. Wind. Wet feet. Cold hands. Runny nose. Basically anything that's typical for the autumn/winter half of the year. Ugh.

How was Taken 2? Haven't seen it yet but I want to go watch it.

Critics hated it but I actually liked it. It's worth a watch even if the fight scenes are overedited as hell.

My other flat on my floor in my halls. They were having a party and making noise 'til 5am last night, and I'm not sure how I should feel about it.

On the one hand, it's a Saturday night, it's barely a week after Freshers ended, and they're doing it in their own flat and not smashing anything up.

On the other, I've got a bad cold, I need sleep, their music is clearly audible through three thick walls, this isn't the first time it's happened, and it's stupidly late.

Got a similar problem here at the moment. I didn't know my new flatmates til I moved in and while they're really nice, they throw huge parties that mean I have to order myself a takeaway because there's too many rowdy drunk people in the kitchen, and I have to put up with strangers wandering into my room cos I forgot to lock my door. I don't mind them throwing parties cos it's only at the weekends, but a little heads-up would be nice.

Also got some absolute [bleep] living in the vicinity who has loud speakers and horrendous taste and insists on blasting shite music well into the early hours. In the last couple of weeks I've heard all sorts of dubstep, drum and bass, bhangra which I CANNOT STAND, plus Enrique Inglesias, Daniel Bedingfield, endless MJ, Sisqo - The Thong Song, Killing Me Softly and a bit of Slipknot (suppose I can't complain about that one lol). Right now it's Puff Daddy - I'll Be Missing You. If you're gonna listen to awful music, turn it the [bleep] down and let me sleep.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Everybody in my row in my lecture are all on their phones..

Makes me sad that people don't talk as much anymore (yes, I realise in doing the same thing- but I'm using it to vent! :P )

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

The funny thing is that ducks are one of the many species of animals that exibit homosexual tendencies. Even ignoring his fallacies and misunderstanding of evolution and history, he's still dead wrong.

Although I definitely would not want to be enslaved by a duck. Those things treat rape like we treat making gadgets.

• Like 1

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

I remember reading a Cracked article, and it said that some ducks essentially have a swiss army [william]. D:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Although I definitely would not want to be enslaved by a duck. Those things treat rape like we treat making gadgets.

Could be worse. Could be chimpanzees or dolphins.

I remember reading a Cracked article, and it said that some ducks essentially have a swiss army [william]. D:

Chimpanzees and dolphins may be well-endowed and prone to rape, but they don't have corkscrew peters.

If a dolphin gets you you'll have a lot of bleeding and probably won't be able to sit for a few weeks. A duck would permanently remove your ability to defecate.

[/hide]

The difference between an A and a B on this java program was literally a break in the default on a switch. One line of code. She [bleep]ing said that she didn't care whether we had it. What's more, there are other teachers who require it, others who require you to not have it, others who don't give a shit like she said she did.

Oh my [bleep]ing god I hate this class so much right now. I almost want to change majors to some bullshit major so I don't have to deal with this. It's not that I don't understand what I'm doing, and it's not that I'm doing things incorrectly. The only times I've ever lost points are for bullshit tiny things like having the opening curly braces on the same line as the if statement, or for using things we haven't learned yet outside of the main section of the code. Argh, I just want to punch someone.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Sensitive teeth are pretty annoying.

Oh and the fact that my old avatar is gone now. :?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang