Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

The difference between an A and a B on this java program was literally a break in the default on a switch. One line of code. She [bleep]ing said that she didn't care whether we had it. What's more, there are other teachers who require it, others who require you to not have it, others who don't give a shit like she said she did.

Oh my [bleep]ing god I hate this class so much right now. I almost want to change majors to some bullshit major so I don't have to deal with this. It's not that I don't understand what I'm doing, and it's not that I'm doing things incorrectly. The only times I've ever lost points are for bullshit tiny things like having the opening curly braces on the same line as the if statement, or for using things we haven't learned yet outside of the main section of the code. Argh, I just want to punch someone.

Wow, so this is what I have to look forward to. I have actually been greatly enjoying the latitude in style that we have been given. If it works, and if a human can read it, it's considered to be formatted correctly, which is to say I can put my { on the same line, or on the next line. I normally do same line for the class statements at the beginning, since it's not like I am lining up all my formatting with them. When I get to the point where the base level for my entire program isn't 2 tabs in, I might change. For if statements, I'll usually omit the braces if they aren't needed, and I normally put them a line down if I am nesting if/else statements because its easier for me to keep track of them if I can visually line up the opening and close (so I change formatting rules within my program, but I do it in a logical and visually pleasing fashion).

I am annoyed that I might have lost a point on my midterm today by using less than rather than surprised (<=) . Sort of mistake that takes 5 full seconds to find and fix when I compile, or comes to me a minute after I hand in my exam. Might have been my only mistake though, which sort of makes it even worse, but I would be very happy with that.

When you're at a restaurant and the waiter doesn't really speak your language. You're trying to get information about the food and he doesn't really understand you, and you don't really understand him either.

'Does this have yoghurt in it?'

'Yoo want yoghurt or no yoghurt?'

'No yoghurt'

'Oh yoo allergies?'

'No I don't like yoghurt.'

'So yoo want yoghurt?'

'No I don't want yoghurt. '

'It has milk.'

'Yes but does it have yoghurt?'

'It don't taste yoghurt'

'Okay but is there yoghurt in it?'

'Yes a bit yoghurt but no taste yoghurt.'

Okay, only 5 minutes to figure out there's yoghurt.

• Like 1

2480+ total

When you're at a restaurant and the waiter doesn't really speak your language. You're trying to get information about the food and he doesn't really understand you, and you don't really understand him either.

'Does this have yoghurt in it?'

'Yoo want yoghurt or no yoghurt?'

'No yoghurt'

'Oh yoo allergies?'

'No I don't like yoghurt.'

'So yoo want yoghurt?'

'No I don't want yoghurt. '

'It has milk.'

'Yes but does it have yoghurt?'

'It don't taste yoghurt'

'Okay but is there yoghurt in it?'

'Yes a bit yoghurt but no taste yoghurt.'

Okay, only 5 minutes to figure out there's yoghurt.

THIS SO HARD.

First time I went to Panda Express, I just wanted some Orange Chicken. There were two sizes, a large and a small I guess, and I wanted to know how big they were.

Me: 'What's the size difference between the large and the small?'

Her: 'You want large or small?'

Me: 'I want to see how big a large is.'

Her: *holds up large container and carry out container*; 'See, two sizes'

I ordered the small then because the smaller of the two containers she held up was pretty huge. She gives me a container she hadn't held before that's about the fifth the size after she charges my card. ._. First and last time going to Panda Express.

The fact that apparently Arthur is now animated in Flash.

The kid's show?

Yep.

And it. Looks. Terrible.

Whose idea was it to animate a 30 minute television show entirely in Flash? They should be fired.

From a cannon.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The fact that apparently Arthur is now animated in Flash.

The kid's show?

Yep.

And it. Looks. Terrible.

Whose idea was it to animate a 30 minute television show entirely in Flash? They should be fired.

From a cannon.

MLP:FiM wants to talk to you. Proof that things animated in flash don't have to look terrible. Even if you don't like the show, i'm sure we can agree it's well animated, and it's done in flash.

MLP looks good, and I've heard of other good uses of flash, but Arthur fails for two reasons.

1. They're lazy. I mean, I wish I could find a video to convey just how bad it looks in motion. They're using Flash at its most basic level.

2. It was animated differently before, and when you see the new animation and compare it to the old, it's unwatchable.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Incompetent Jobcentre advisers. Mine keeps sending me to these random little work schemes where you sit in a room with 10 other uninterested people and not-so-joyfully browse the net for jobs. I do this at home already. What I desperately need is a work placement but it's been one and a half month without any results ...

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I don't like towel paper (aka kitchen roll). It puts tiny papery bits over everything you're using it on. I don't understand why people like it so much.

• Like 1

2480+ total

The fact that it is almost November, and we still have a "Post pictures of your desktop September" thread...

EDIT:

....and being staff on this website so that I double-post every time my computer lags while I post a message. =/

Incompetent courts and judgeswho insists on finding and convicting a guilty party when there is none to begin with.

(See the latest conviction regarding the 2009 L'Aquila Earthquake. Basically scientists got Involuntary manslaughter for 'Falsely Reassuring' that it would not occur, when they also predicted, earlier that year, an earthquake would occur in that region, but never did, and eventually got barred from issuing public warnings).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Politics.

Specifically, the fact that it's absolutely everywhere this month. I can't do anything without running into an ad or a flier or something,

I couldn't agree more.

Especially with Californian propositions, their only arguments always were "they are deceitful". It has been this way since as long as I can remember...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Especially with Californian propositions, their only arguments always were "they are deceitful". It has been this way since as long as I can remember...

I honestly have no idea what any of the propositions are supposed to do.

What propositions?

Are they marrying off their secretaries or something?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Or when you go to the store and they have the discounted prices on the shelves, but not when you want to pay at the counter..Then they have to manually check the prices, etc..-.-.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

When you go to the store and shopping carts fill up 20% of the parking spaces.

When you go to the store and idiots are driving in the wrong direction because apparently arrows are too hard to read.

When you go to the store and the product you want is stuck behind some lardass who can't decide what he or she wants.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

It only annoys me when I ask somebody politely to move out of my way, they make the absolute minimal effort to move, and so when I have to shove through them to get through, they get all annoyed. Usually it's younger people with their earphones in and the music too loud than fat people, to be honest.