World Cup 2010 - South Africa!

OldJoe

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people tend to forget how defensive the group stages are. Spain are as good a defensive team as any, and I don't see another shock defeat happening and preventing them from making it to the knockout stages. Things will open up when teams play to win.

I don't understand the calls for Fabregas either. Iniesta/Xavi/Xabi Alonso/Silva is Spain's best midfield lineup.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

silva and iniesta were playing like crap. there wasnt any reason why they shouldve been kept after the first half.

the refs gave spain all the chances in the world and they still couldnt score. it's too bad aragones was a racist, or he'd still be coaching the team

Isn't Fabregas injured or have I heard things wrong? Major shock for Spain, they were all over Switzerland and at times Switzerland looked a bit of a mess but they knew what they had to do and did it well. The tournament needed that shock to kick it into gear in my opinion. Hopefully this next week will bring us some more good matches and maybe some more shocks :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Iniesta was playing like crap? I don't know what match you've seen, but I thought it was obvious that he was pretty great. Spain played good, they just had bad luck today.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Yeah, Spanish didn't play badly, but their finishing wasn't great. That being said, the Swiss defended really well, Spain could hardly get inside the box, especially in the last third of the game.

rosssigfinal.jpg

current ranking for the TIF fantasy league after the first round

deQFn.png

1. me

2. oldjoe

3. sirhartlar

4. mirageofdeath

5. danqaz

6. adrenal

7. ??

8. lordcafei

who is camusartre?

That's me. Results have not gone favourably so far.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

France vs Mexico oooooooohhhhh

Please Mexico, beat the living [cabbage] out of France :mrgreen: As much as France is a good team, I can't forgive them for kicking out Ireland of the finals after scoring a goal with a handball :angry:

hiccup.png

I've slowly been turned in an Argentina fan, mainly because 2 of my favourite players play there (Aguero and Higuain). And seeing them play how they play right now, it's just awesome to be a supporter of them.

Edit: :lol: Demichelis

2j3qh46.jpg

They muted the Vuvuzuela sound here in The Netherlands. Sounds a lot better.

Well, you're very very fortunate. No such thing here. :wall:

Argentina v Communist Korea is shaping up to be a very interesting match. That goal by Higuain was dubious ...

Which game has been your favourite so far?

They've all been pretty bland for me :( The best I've seen has been Brazil v North Korea.

(I didn't catch the Spain match, nor the Germany one :'< )

The Suisse v Spain one was actually pretty interesting. Germany v Australia was fun to watch Germany just outclass Australia in every possible way. And the Argentina v Commie Korea one was just fun to watch for Higuain scoring. :grin:

The Suisse v Spain one was actually pretty interesting. Germany v Australia was fun to watch Germany just outclass Australia in every possible way. And the Argentina v Commie Korea one was just fun to watch for Higuain scoring. :grin:

Why do you keep calling South Korea Commie Korea? They've had a fully functioning democracy for 30 years now

hiccup.png

Why do you keep calling South Korea Commie Korea? They've had a fully functioning democracy for 30 years now

yea.... maybe they are mixing up south and north korea?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Korea is all the same country. :wink:

I was way too tired to wake up at 4:30 AM to watch the Argentina vs. South Korea, but I'm really glad we won.

Right now watching the interesting France vs. Mexico game. One of the few games I'm strictly neutral to who wins.

I'm surprised Mexico's first goal wasn't offsides.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg