World Cup 2010 - South Africa!

OldJoe

I didn't pay much attention to Cameroon - Japan, but my Fantasy guy scored. Go Japan!

Holland - Denmark, i have to be honest, didn't pay much attention to it either. Not much happened and i thought Holland would impress more.

Italy - Paraguay, good game. However i missed first 40sec of 2nd half, could anyone tell me why Buffon was substituted?

I'll ramble it again, god damn horns. And the ball is playing tricks on free kicks

A factor people don't take into the calculation is the altitude when speaking scoring.

And Tortilla, what do you mean by the fewest goals in CL by a long time? Look at the scoring from 03-04 and forwards.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We (Holland) didn't play too well today, but we won, so I'm happy. Danes weren't that bad either, first half at least. A shame that Elia was brought so late, 25 minutes into the match it was already obvious that we needed some creativity on the side. The only thing v/d Vaart was doing was going to the middle, and Kuyt, well, he works hard, but you can't expect much more from him. Oh, well. We've got 3 points, now I hope we're going to grow into the tournament a little bit more.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Anybody seen any exciting games yet? The three/four I've watched have all been fairly uninspiring, except the South Africa/Mexico one which was quite good.

Not really, it's all been a bit cagey so far. I enjoyed the England game the most, but only because it's my home country. Portugal vs Ivory Coast was a letdown.

Brazil vs North Korea... if you wanted goals, now is the time to tune in :shock:

Almost makes me wish I had picked some Brazillian forwards. I have Cesar and Lucio in my team, but I'll be surprised if they have much to do.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Brazil vs North Korea... if you wanted goals, now is the time to tune in :shock:

LOL yeah about that.

I don't think Brazil played their best the first half...they didn't have much reason to. I expect them to step it up in the second half...

But North Korea has been very surprising. I expected them to be full of surprises...but not this surprising.

I'd say this is the first exciting game. :huh:

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

What a goal by Maicon!!!! Most entertaining match so far for me. NK has been surprisingly impressive, Portugal and Ivory Coast won't have an easy time against them.

That was a good goal.

I reckon Brazil will win their group. The safe money is on Portugal coming 2nd but i think North Korea could surprise us all.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

The safe money is on Portugal coming 2nd but i think North Korea could surprise us all.

After Portugal's performence yesterday i wouldn't count them as safe for nothing. Is was disapointing to say the least.

They looked totaly lost there, totaly unprepared.No midfield game, no coordinated moves, nothing.

if they aren't gonna wake up soon they gonna find themself on the plane back home earlier then expected.

Currently Ivory Coast looks more capable - they are strong,athletic, and the return of Drogba will add more intelligence to their offense, something that was missing in yesterday game.I won't be surprised if Brazil won't win the match against them.

On the other hand when it comes to african teams you can't realy predict anything...

Wasn't too impressed with Brasil, to be honest. Kaka was terrible, Maicon scored a great goal, but looked pretty weak with that Korean goal. Robinho was in excellent form, though.

So far I haven't seen much good games. Germany played well, but Australia was so incredibly weak that you can hardly call it a match.

21o4pav.jpg

swiss best defender just got injured. floodgates opened now?

maybe when fabregas subs in :P

I don't think there will be any floodgates. The German offensive line seem more and more impressive, as all teams have good defenses.

Swiss one up vs. Spain just now: you need an effective offense, not stars. (Inter this year). football seems to be less showy, and more defensively effective. That's boring, and i hope it's not going to be the continuing trend after the opening games.

Hmmm, how many people thought Spain would go behind against Switzerland? :P Seems a lot of the big teams are starting the tournament a bit nervy.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

So, Spain lost to Suisse. Didn't really expect that. Of course Suisse was going to play defensive, but with Spain's qualities you must win.

21o4pav.jpg

I am shocked that Switzerland won...but so [bleep]ing happy. Spain needs to lose.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg