World Cup 2010 - South Africa!

OldJoe

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what's worse, the fact that half the team played like they wanted to be somewhere else or the fact that the manager refuses to mix up the formation when it's clear that having Heskey holding the ball up for Rooney doesn't seem to work. Everyone in England is screaming for Rooney to be put up top with Gerrard just off him, the only bright moments of the game were the interplays between the two scousers. The entire game was a joke to be honest, Algeria deserved to get more than a point in my opinion.

England have been so poor that I almost feel sorry for them. Keyword - almost.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

England have been so poor that I almost feel sorry for them. Keyword - almost.

Haha this.

Algeria deserved a win there i think.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

England have been so disappointing so far, today was an awful performance.

Really hope Australia beat Ghana tomorrow, would make the last round of games in Group D really interesting.

keen.png

Can someone point me to a site that shows the games live with English commentary please?

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Can someone point me to a site that shows the games live with English commentary please?

I've had luck with atdhe.net

It broadcasts the ESPN coverage (when the game is live), along with other live television...

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

All the US has to do is beat Algeria with England drawing or losing.

Starting to like the odds :thumbup:

I would like Algeria to win and England to tie or lose to get Slovenia and Algeria into the next round :lol:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

England were poor and don't deserve to be in the last 16 at all, although if they don't improve I can see them getting comfortably beaten by Slovenia on Wednesday anyway. The thing is though it seems Algeria did what all the other lower ranked teams are doing and just pulled everyone back into defence the moment England got the ball in the Algerian half and killed the game. I think even if England were playing well they wouldn't have run riot as was expected.

The Cup is getting more interesting, but I still feel this Italy style of defending is ruining it and punishing teams who actually make an effort to push forwards like Spain. Hopefully in the final week of group games we'll see some more attacking football as teams like England and France realise it is pretty much all or nothing but I wont hold my breath :P

On the plus side, this was the first match I've watched where singing drowned out the vuvuzelas :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Out of curiosity, what happens if both the US and England draw in their next match? Which one would move on, they would be tied?

It would go down to goal difference, which at the moment England and USA are tied on.

keen.png

Really hope Australia beat Ghana tomorrow, would make the last round of games in Group D really interesting.

That would be nice :)

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Bravo Persie, that was excellent ! =D>

But for some reason, I have a nasty feeling that Japan is going to equalize anytime now. :|

They very nearly did in that final minute! Good game though, nothing spectacular but Holland did just enough. Japan played pretty well though, although I thought they lost the ball a little easily.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

In 20 minutes, Australia will face the powerhouse that is Ghana. [in all seriousness, Ghana is [bleep]ing Brazil when compared to Australia]. There goes Australia. If they win, I'm happy for them. If they lose, then, big deal. They weren't gonna go far anyway. It's funny though. Ghana > Serbia > Germany.

And Germany > Australia by 4 [bleep]ing nil. So ... strange. However I really think that Serbia winning against Germany was the nail in the coffin. The best way for us was for Germany to win all three matches [which is what I was expecting] and for us to somehow claw for second. With Ghana beating Serbia, and if Germany beat Serbia, there was a chance we could have slotted through with maybe a win over Ghana and a draw with Serbia and take second with 4 points.Now it's still technically possible to get through with just 4 points but we would be eliminated on goal difference , which is a very real possibility. Since Serbia beat Germany, two wins now the only way for us to get though and there's no chance in hell of us winning both Serbia and Ghana. Maybe Ghana tonight, that would be aconfidence booster. An early goal will do us alot of good, and just pray that [bleep]wit Verbeek doesn't [bleep] up the line up.

Bravo Persie, that was excellent ! =D>

But for some reason, I have a nasty feeling that Japan is going to equalize anytime now. :|

They very nearly did in that final minute! Good game though, nothing spectacular but Holland did just enough. Japan played pretty well though, although I thought they lost the ball a little easily.

Yeah, that was tense. Yeah, nothing too spectacular, but after that goal by Sneijder it was really interesting. Really ? Japan did have few chances, and possession, but I think the Dutch were just trying to consolidate with the last 20 minutes and play more defensively. It worked, so hey. :smile:

Maybe Ghana tonight, that would be a confidence booster. An early goal will do us alot of good, and just pray that [bleep]wit Verbeek doesn't [bleep] up the line up.

Yes, 11 minutes in. Goal by Australia, came off 2 from a free kick. But still, a goal is a goal. :thumbsup:

Ahhhh [bleep]ing Australia!!! I cant believe how crap they played just then against Ghana. there were at least 3 moments I saw where they could have scored but had the kicking power of a grandma. Not to mention the Ref' (both of them) were total [bleep]ers in both rounds.

Popoto.~<3

Australia should have won that, they were the better team even with 10 men for over an hour of the game, does make me wonder what the score would have been if Kewell hadn't hand balled it. It would be great if Australia managed to get to the last 16, although not sure Ghana will challenge Germany too much.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Ahhhh [bleep]ing Australia!!! I cant believe how crap they played just then against Ghana. there were at least 3 moments I saw where they could have scored but had the kicking power of a grandma. Not to mention the Ref' (both of them) were total [bleep]ers in both rounds.

I agree, I was even more annoyed when Australia had the double chance at goal and the Ghana goalie managed to stop the first one, then jump up and stop the second one <_<

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Not to mention the many bad calls by the ref <_<

Well I'm sure Ghana can beat Germany.... lol

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010