Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

Bandos SS flash has always been kind of overrated imo. Not many people can do it and pull it off well.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Bandos SS flash has always been kind of overrated imo. Not many people can do it and pull it off well.

There's a difference between overrated and difficult, you know. If you're capable of doing it without getting hit by his melee, it's free health that can and often does make that difference between brewing down and being able to finish the kill. Not sure how that's overrated.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I would have to disagree. Managing to get 1/5 hp back on most of your attacks is great. Yes, it's a bit hard to pull off but not really. Maybe it helps me to have divine and not have to eat as often.

to clarify: i don't think it's fair to say maul is strictly superior to cls or rapier because of ss flash - NOT everyone can pull off ss flash and still be able to survive. if you can pull off perfect ss flashing without risk of dying, then yeah it's definitely worth it. but not that many people can do it and it's harder than it sounds.

and even if you do it well enough, if you lag for even a little bit you might get two-hit.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

With rapier I think you can do 3 flashes then wait one round, 3 flashes then wait, etc.

That's how it would be IF bandos attacked one speed faster. At his current speed, you can SS every hit with a rapier/whip.

If you time it so one of your hits is at the same time as him, you can SS all rounds.

Of course it's risky, but hey, if you get good at it, why not do it?

I do DK trips using only around 4-5 brews the entire time because I've gotten to the point where I can Soul Split flash while killing all 3 kings. Supreme being the easiest of course.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

With rapier I think you can do 3 flashes then wait one round, 3 flashes then wait, etc.

That's how it would be IF bandos attacked one speed faster. At his current speed, you can SS every hit with a rapier/whip.

If you time it so one of your hits is at the same time as him, you can SS all rounds.

Of course it's risky, but hey, if you get good at it, why not do it?

I do DK trips using only around 4-5 brews the entire time because I've gotten to the point where I can Soul Split flash while killing all 3 kings. Supreme being the easiest of course.

what attack speed is prime? 6 or 5?

sigcopyaf.png

same as rex and supreme (so 6?)

You can't Soul split every attack on Prime, or on rex if prime is on you. You can Soul split 3 shots in a row, then you need to wait a turn.

This is assuming you're using a crossbow on rapid, which has the same speed as magic.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

will laugh if Nex has specific, inexplicable weakness to longswords on slash.

Meanwhile, finally got my rapier. cant decide what to get next, will probably wait to see what Nex requires to be pro.

It sounds like maul might end up being the best second if you can get your hands on this new Zarosian bow, but we'll have to see if it's really as good as it's made out to be.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

will laugh if Nex has specific, inexplicable weakness to longswords on slash.

Meanwhile, finally got my rapier. cant decide what to get next, will probably wait to see what Nex requires to be pro.

Get em all brah

eventually I will, but for now, im at a rapier, ASN, the good scrolls bought, tier 7 berserker, and 67k odd tokens... CLS will be my last to-get item, either way (unless my troll about Nex is in fact oddly correct). Stuck on probably either maul, ccbow, or cs.. depends on this new f*****'s weakness

Maul or CLS for Nex if/when you can melee.

Why?

It will a multitude of special attacks which will force you to either change styles/prayers and move around.

So a slower weapon will make up for the down time of contantly making adjustments.

I think what you saw in dungeoneering and soon to be this is that the days of just running up and smacking something to death or picking it off from a safe spot are over.

Also, this thing won't be dropping feathers like a chicken. ;)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Maul or CLS for Nex if/when you can melee.

Why?

It will a multitude of special attacks which will force you to either change styles/prayers and move around.

So a slower weapon will make up for the down time of contantly making adjustments.

I think what you saw in dungeoneering and soon to be this is that the days of just running up and smacking something to death or picking it off from a safe spot are over.

Also, this thing won't be dropping feathers like a chicken. ;)

surprisingly, i agree with this post. though i doubt maul will be good because i suspect a shield might be needed for soak or defense.

sigcopyaf.png

For all we know, Nex could be immune to melee. We don't have enough information to work out what would be best for fighting it yet.

yes, but the overwhelming chances are that if it does require melee, it will have high defense and therefore will need cls or maul. of course, we can only speculate though.

sigcopyaf.png

For all we know, Nex could be immune to melee. We don't have enough information to work out what would be best for fighting it yet.

yes, but the overwhelming chances are that if it does require melee, it will have high defense and therefore will need cls or maul. of course, we can only speculate though.

Statius Warhammer.

Statius Warhammer.

SWH is pretty expensive and may not be viable for a large proportion of players. for the average mass, no one is going to dish out ~9M - of course, you'll have that in the pro teams but that's a different story.

sigcopyaf.png

People who can't afford to spend 9M will probably get torn apart by Nex anyways.

It's more the fact that you have to spend that 9m every 60 kills, meaning that you spend 150k every single kill. Worth it? Probably not.

I've been trying CLS with slayer. It's much faster than whip for kills. I even tried stab at mith drags. I basically hit constant 400-500's. I think the added accuracy from the CLS gives it an edge over the rapier in all situations where the monster/player has higher defence.

If the monster/player has low defence. The only thing that makes the rapier better than a whip is the str boost as accuracy doesn't really matter for those.

I use CLS for everything, but mainly GWD. So, I really find it a lot better than using a whip. Yes, it is like a one-handed Godsword, so, I enjoy using it for everything. All in all, I prefer CLS, but if I do ever get enough tokens for CR, I'll get that right after CLS. :D

vNewDisease.png vNewDisease.png

~I am a true Hero.~

People who can't afford to spend 9M will probably get torn apart by Nex anyways.

It's more the fact that you have to spend that 9m every 60 kills, meaning that you spend 150k every single kill. Worth it? Probably not.

If this boss requires multiple styles to use, you'll have to change weapons, and don't Pvp items auto degrade a minute when you first put them (while in combat of course), that combined with the boss "hopefully" taking longer then a minute to kill, I'd guess significantly less then 60 kills per hammer.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

If this boss requires multiple styles to use, you'll have to change weapons, and don't Pvp items auto degrade a minute when you first put them (while in combat of course), that combined with the boss "hopefully" taking longer then a minute to kill, I'd guess significantly less then 60 kills per hammer.

Sure, if you're dumb enough to not bring a primary weapon...

most people use the stat hammer more than once per kill...they use spec restores, and use it when they can...

even if you don't use it as a primary weapon, you'll still be re-wielding it a couple times per kill, wouldn't you?

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I'm not sure what "most people" do, but smart people know that stat hammer specials have hugely diminishing returns. Once you've gotten 2-3 successful hits (on corp, which is the only place people use it now), more will do virtually nothing. Even after one, the extra 150k it takes to try again isn't likely to be worthwhile unless you're in a duo or something.

The way I've seen stat hammers used is 2 specs, chug a spec restore, and then spec a third time. Very rarely would you pull it out again after that.