Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

Again, to be completely fair, I wouldn't say CLS is useless. It's very marginally better for TD's (depending on switch style), Bandos w/ shield, Safe pvp.

The OVERALL better choice is rapier, since it's far better than CLS against low defense and comparable everywhere else. However, that isn't to say rapier is CATEGORICALLY better, in all ways. There's a difference. I don't think it's right to call CLS users "stupid", but I think it IS a mistake to get CLS as your first chaotic.

For GENERAL USE:

Rapier>CBow>Maul>Rigour>Staff>CLS>FKS>CKS>EEKS

Then again, it COMPLETELY depends on what you do. Some people, like me, don't play on slaying long term. I plan to stop after 85, and getting 40k slayer exp with a whip sounds fine to me. Instead, I planned to play castle wars, so I got a cstaff, and rune fights at edge, so I got a maul (arguably, rapier is good at this too, but it's my preference). If at any time in the future I wanted to train slayer/in general, I'd train dungeoneering for a rapier. It's not like once you choose a CLS first, you can NEVER go back for a second or third item. There are many things a rapier can't do, for example, can you mage with it? Can you range with it?

One more thing, for those who do intend on only getting 80 dungeoneering, wouldn't it be best to get a well rounded weapon? The cls is very good in pvp, and is probably better than the whip at slaying, and its also good at all those other things you said. So wouldn't it make sense for some people who hate dungeoneering to get the average (but better than other non-dg) weapon for most if not all things? That's just what I think.

yes, but only in very extreme cases. Realistically, your claim only applies to accounts whichdo not meler at all. i am confident you made the wrong choice in staff over rapier if you pvp with melee. staff is only more useful than rapier if you simply do not melee at all. rapier is good even if you have a maul. also rapier is proficient at basically all monsters, not just slaying. it is just exceptionally good at slaying. there is nothing remarkable about the cls; it is basically the same as rapier in some cases and much worse in others

and no, the idea of getting only a cls is laughable and stupid. reread this whole thread if you disagree. rapier is an all purpose melee weapon. cls and maul are not.

I mage. I rarely go toe to toe with a whip (or a rapier if I had one) against other guys. Why bother when you can hit 3x3 with ice barrage.

And that's just my theory as to why some choose a cls. I think it's a well rounded weapon to be honest.

You know what? It doesn't matter what I think, I don't own a rapier so I'm an idiot anyways, my opinions don't count for crap.

Staurolite.png

Again, to be completely fair, I wouldn't say CLS is useless. It's very marginally better for TD's (depending on switch style), Bandos w/ shield, Safe pvp.

The OVERALL better choice is rapier, since it's far better than CLS against low defense and comparable everywhere else. However, that isn't to say rapier is CATEGORICALLY better, in all ways. There's a difference. I don't think it's right to call CLS users "stupid", but I think it IS a mistake to get CLS as your first chaotic.

For GENERAL USE:

Then again, it COMPLETELY depends on what you do. Some people, like me, don't play on slaying long term. I plan to stop after 85, and getting 40k slayer exp with a whip sounds fine to me. Instead, I planned to play castle wars, so I got a cstaff, and rune fights at edge, so I got a maul (arguably, rapier is good at this too, but it's my preference). If at any time in the future I wanted to train slayer/in general, I'd train dungeoneering for a rapier. It's not like once you choose a CLS first, you can NEVER go back for a second or third item. There are many things a rapier can't do, for example, can you mage with it? Can you range with it?

One more thing, for those who do intend on only getting 80 dungeoneering, wouldn't it be best to get a well rounded weapon? The cls is very good in pvp, and is probably better than the whip at slaying, and its also good at all those other things you said. So wouldn't it make sense for some people who hate dungeoneering to get the average (but better than other non-dg) weapon for most if not all things? That's just what I think.

Uh.. Rapier is the most well-rounded chaotic weapon. I got CLS first (20 something pages back), and I was told I would regret it. I was of course stubborn because I thought I would only use it for TD's and bandos, 1 of which I realized Rapier is better anyway, and got my CLS. It worked fine at TD's, but they got boring really fast, and I wanted to slay, pvp and do frost dragons, 3 places where Rapier is a lot better. So I pulled myself together and lasted another week of w117 nightmares, and got a Rapier. Currently, my CLS has the same amount of charge since the day after I bought it, which is a few months ago, and I have recharged my Rapier from ~0-100 twice.

Get Rapier first, no matter if you plan on slaying, TD'ing, PVP'ing, GWD'ing, DK'ing, safe PVP'ing, camp monsters, it's seriously the best weapon to get as first chaotic.

Seriously. Don't make the same mistake as me, unless you plan on getting 100+ DG anyway.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

For GENERAL USE:

Uh.. Rapier is the most well-rounded chaotic weapon. I got CLS first (20 something pages back), and I was told I would regret it. I was of course stubborn because I thought I would only use it for TD's and bandos, 1 of which I realized Rapier is better anyway, and got my CLS. It worked fine at TD's, but they got boring really fast, and I wanted to slay, pvp and do frost dragons, 3 places where Rapier is a lot better. So I pulled myself together and lasted another week of w117 nightmares, and got a Rapier. Currently, my CLS has the same amount of charge since the day after I bought it, which is a few months ago, and I have recharged my Rapier from ~0-100 twice.

Get Rapier first, no matter if you plan on slaying, TD'ing, PVP'ing, GWD'ing, DK'ing, safe PVP'ing, camp monsters, it's seriously the best weapon to get as first chaotic.

Seriously. Don't make the same mistake as me, unless you plan on getting 100+ DG anyway.

I already got staff and maul before rapier. Yea, I don't feel the mistake. Maul is rockin' in edgeville and ice barrage [bleeps] anyone in bandos with a rapier anyway. Unless I'm getting piled in which case neither staff nor rapier will help.

Like I said, feel free to disregard what I say because I'm a [developmentally delayed] who doesn't have a rapier.

Staurolite.png

[hide=Massive Quote Trains]

Yep, rapier sucks for what I need chaotic for.

Therefore CLS > Rapier is subjective to you.

No, it's not subjective. It's been proven that it's better.

Proven where

Most monsters have so little defence that the Strength bonus doesn't matter. If speed doesn't matter, why not use a Chaotic Maul

The last 50 pages. Slightly better then Rapier MHing, which is what I need it for. Don't even bother trying to make me regret it.

How is it not subjective when you ignore most of the game? CLS might be better for you, but saying it's a better weapon is just showing how stupid you are. This thread clearly proves that if you are maxed/have turmoil/overloads, rapier is a much better overall weapon.

Was my troll not obvious enough? I know rapier is the best overall, and I would have bought that if I needed to slay, PVP, PVM etc., but I only need a weapon for PVM, and like Smapla, with many others said, the longsword is slightly better for that.

Can we please let this thread die

There we go. It's subjective. Back to square one

For GENERAL USE:

[/hide]

All this discussion and I was still right in the end. Lol.

To what extent does the Dragon Defender change things though?

Makes the whip alot more like the Crapier and sets the CLS apart as the true accuracy weapon for tough to hit creatures.

As for the hit soak, it sets apart weapons that can be good with a shield.

Cmaul isn't one.

Crapier/whip aren't one on tough creatures.

CLS... BINGO.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Makes the whip alot more like the Crapier and sets the CLS apart as the true accuracy weapon for tough to hit creatures.

Cmaul isn't one.

CLS... BINGO.

Why are you always defensive of a CLS? Playing the Devil's Advocate doesn't work on me, and it's pretty much accepted that bonuses affect faster weapons far more than slower weapons, even if it's only a game tick.

Besides, you're ignoring the fact that damage soaking affects CLS more, safe PVP wise

For GENERAL USE:

Thanks for a genuine response :) Will obviously reconsider once I reach that point. Btw guys what I was saying is, by the time I get a CLS or Rapier I WILL be maxed and most likely 99 slayer. Not to mention, I play the game for the fun not always super efficiently. Although there are times when it's necessary. I will most likely be doing a lot of skilling/TDS/Boss by the time I even get one of these.

I'm not dumb I swear lol, just preference :/

How do you prefer one over the other when you don't yet have it?

Preference on looks, and depending on what happens when I get to that point.

0dbe56f8.jpg

99Prayer|99Strength|99Cooking|99Constitution

Cmaul isn't one.

CLS... BINGO.

lol

Do you have any idea of how accuracy works? Just wondering

Can we please make this simple and let this thread die?

Anything but bossing (melee):

CR > CLS, as you aren't boss hunting you should be using a Dragon defender, if you aren't, you're either an idiot, or doing something inefficient, which, to most, is being an idiot.

Boss hunting (melee)

CLS + Divine > CR + Dragon defender > CLS + DFS (Spectral/Elysian?) >= CLS + Dragon defender > CR + shield

As the every day player doesn't own a Divine, get yourself a CR.

Sumondskull6.png

Cmaul isn't one.

CLS... BINGO.

lol

Do you have any idea of how accuracy works? Just wondering

Apparently more than you if you trying to argue that the rapier is a more accurate weapon.

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Apparently more than you if you trying to argue that the rapier is a more accurate weapon.

I don't think anybody is arguing that rapier is more accurate, but because it's very close in accuracy for most cases(because of how accuracy works), rapier is also much better in most cases. The addition of damage soaking and dragon defender both make rapier slightly better than it was before in comparison with cls.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I don't think anybody is arguing that rapier is more accurate, but because it's very close in accuracy for most cases(because of how accuracy works), rapier is also much better in most cases. The addition of damage soaking and dragon defender both make rapier slightly better than it was before in comparison with cls.

Yes, I fully agree that the Crapier is the weapon of choice for killing chickens.

But, being the inefficient idiot that I am, I prefer knives on rapid. :thumbsup:

Golvellius.png

Yes, I fully agree that the Crapier is the weapon of choice for killing chickens.

But, being the inefficient idiot that I am, I prefer knives on rapid. :thumbsup:

But you see, because of all the ridiculous accuracy boosts being crammed in trough every hole, even dagannoth supremes are chickens, nowadays(they also drop feathers, i think).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

rapier in slayer tasks

cls for high def monsters / pvp

if you cant understand that go back to primary school

You can't KO effectively with a CLS. Rapier has KO potential in that it can hit two high hits quickly with time for only one food in between hits. Maul has KO potential in that it hits really high. CLS isn't fast enough to combo well, but isn't as strong as the maul.

CLS is not for PvP. There's also really just Sara as far as monsters with sufficient defense to make the CLS distinctly better than the rapier- they're ridiculously close to equal on Bandos.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

rapier in slayer tasks

You can't KO effectively with a CLS. Rapier has KO potential in that it can hit two high hits quickly with time for only one food in between hits. Maul has KO potential in that it hits really high. CLS isn't fast enough to combo well, but isn't as strong as the maul.

CLS is not for PvP. There's also really just Sara as far as monsters with sufficient defense to make the CLS distinctly better than the rapier- they're ridiculously close to equal on Bandos.

CLS is a little bit better for safe pvp, since most of healing comes from SS in safe pvp and not food

Also accuracy is much more important in safe pvp

but the difference is hardly noticeable

here's an graph showing approximately how good the weapons are in comparison to each other as opponent's defense increases

by no means mathematically rigorous but it should give you a good idea.

clsrapiermaul.png

Notice:

-- Rapier is a LOT better at low defense

-- Rapier is comparable to CLS at high defense (basically the same)

-- Maul is better than both rapier and CLS at very high defense

Rapier>Maul>CLS

The only good reason to get a CLS is that little tail bit at the end: high defense and you can't use maul. Rapier/maul covers everything else

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

rapier in slayer tasks

CLS is a little bit better for safe pvp, since most of healing comes from SS in safe pvp and not food

Also accuracy is much more important in safe pvp

but the difference is hardly noticeable

here's an graph showing approximately how good the weapons are in comparison to each other as opponent's defense increases

by no means mathematically rigorous but it should give you a good idea.

clsrapiermaul.png

Notice:

-- Rapier is a LOT better at low defense

-- Rapier is comparable to CLS at high defense (basically the same)

-- Maul is better than both rapier and CLS at very high defense

Rapier>Maul>CLS

The only good reason to get a CLS is that little tail bit at the end: high defense and you can't use maul. Rapier/maul covers everything else

That graph is legitimately helpful. Thanks!

For me, however, it would have to be Maul>Rapier>CLS

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

rapier in slayer tasks

In my experience, I could only eat once when fighting a CLS. But then again, you can always use combo foods like pizza+shark.

Staurolite.png

rapier in slayer tasks

In my experience, I could only eat once when fighting a CLS. But then again, you can always use combo foods like pizza+shark.

...You must lag a lot or be extremely slow. There's easily enough time to eat two rocktails between CLS hits.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

rapier in slayer tasks

...You must lag a lot or be extremely slow. There's easily enough time to eat two rocktails between CLS hits.

I can eat 2 between maul hits, and CLS is obviously faster than a maul. Maybe its more like 1.5 eats between each, so you can eat 3 per 3 attacks? It's definately not 2 between each attack.

Staurolite.png

rapier in slayer tasks

I can eat 2 between maul hits, and CLS is obviously faster than a maul. Maybe its more like 1.5 eats between each, so you can eat 3 per 3 attacks? It's definately not 2 between each attack.

its 1.5 you'll be able to eat 2 the first time, then 1, then 2, then 1 etc.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

rapier in slayer tasks

its 1.5 you'll be able to eat 2 the first time, then 1, then 2, then 1 etc.

Is maul 2 or 2.5?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.