Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

it's just an approximation. my point was that chaotics are definitely not 200k/h to use as alluded to in the KB.

lol yeah, just wanted to be clear. didn't mean to nitpick

i have no idea why jagex doesn't explain how chaotics actually degrade. yet another kb fail

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• 3 months later...

I'm bumping this topic since I can't really find another topic that covers chaotics well. I am trying to figure out which Chaotic I want to get for my pure, he will only be using the weapon to pk with, so I am not sure if I should go with rapier or maul. Any suggestion would be great, thanks.

I'm bumping this topic since I can't really find another topic that covers chaotics well. I am trying to figure out which Chaotic I want to get for my pure, he will only be using the weapon to pk with, so I am not sure if I should go with rapier or maul. Any suggestion would be great, thanks.

Get rapier if you hybrid and maul if you actually like edge

372nd to max total level

no need to bump since rapier is better

Actually cls is a little faster at killing slay monsters from my observations

im sorry, but thats just wrong.

rapier > cls for slayer. full stop.

Sir I'm almost positive that the cls is superior than a rapier for slaying and I've done tests in the thousands range.

372nd to max total level

Sir I'm almost positive that the cls is superior than a rapier for slaying and I've done tests in the thousands range.

I thought trolling was no longer allowed on Tip.It.

I thought trolling was no longer allowed on Tip.It.

Um, the only one trolling here is you I'm simply stating I prefer the cls

372nd to max total level

Um, the only one trolling here is you I'm simply stating I prefer the cls

And that is exactly why your claims are doubtworthy and wrong.

People do dps tests, xp/hr tests, etc and in MOST (not all, mind you) cases, rapier is superior to cls.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

We're starting this again? Really?

You guys really think someone is gonna come along and read iamsomebody's comment and buy a CLS? Let's just drop it.

Well personally if I were to choose between the 3 chaotics, I would buy cls first just because it matches my ideal gear setup nicely.

All 3 chaotics are all excellent weapons. But I still acknowledge the fact that both rapier and maul have more uses than cls.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

We're starting this again? Really?

You guys really think someone is gonna come along and read iamsomebody's comment and buy a CLS? Let's just drop it.

Well personally if I were to choose between the 3 chaotics, I would buy cls first just because it matches my ideal gear setup nicely.

All 3 chaotics are all excellent weapons. But I still acknowledge the fact that both rapier and maul have more uses than cls.

That's fine. Personal preference is more than reasonable. But claiming CLS is generally better for slayer is blatant misinformation in light of all the evidence collected.

To the above poster.

what kind of a pure is it?

This would of been better off as a H&A question as well, not bumping an old topic.

Get rapier if you hybrid and maul if you actually like edge

These two responses already covered your question.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

This is why I never post here anymore, instead of making another topic I decided to just post in a chaotic discussion yet you guys were of no help, no wonder tip.it has gone to [cabbage].

What Sonikku said.

Also, If you read some of the thread you posted in, you would have found more information than you could imagine.

Castle of Zoltar

This is why I never post here anymore, instead of making another topic I decided to just post in a chaotic discussion yet you guys were of no help, no wonder tip.it has gone to [cabbage].

You never post here because you refuse to read information already there?

I already tried answering your question, it's YOUR fault for not responding.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Jesus, leave it be.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Moved this to Metagame, enjoy :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted