Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

Chaotic Rapier is definately better for slayer tasks, and CLS is better for PvP (except for whip boxing) and boss hunting.

You can eat twice between two longsword hits. Good luck getting a ko :wink:

That's only true of the first hit. The next 2 hits you can only eat once between.

pere_grin.png

Chaotic Rapier is definately better for slayer tasks, and CLS is better for PvP (except for whip boxing) and boss hunting.

god not this again...

sometimes I wish this thread could just die

83 pages worth of discussion?

i thought it was rather simple

rapier beats cls

end of

This is the case for everyone who isn't mad that they bought a longsword first and are now doomed to justify their decision for all time.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

rapier beats cls

end of

This is the case for everyone who isn't mad that they bought a longsword first and are now doomed to justify their decision for all time.

As much as I hate even posting here to bring this discussion back, I'm definitely on the side of the rapier even though I bought CLS first. (Back when people still thought they were even-ish <_< )

Quickly saw my error and got rapier. CLS has a few small niches, but yes, everyone should get rapier first.

I didn't mean to imply that everyone who bought CLS first now supports CLS, but rather that everyone who now supports CLS bought CLS first. Of course there are rational people who realized their mistake and went on to get a rapier, but it seems to me that there are a whole lot of CLS supporters who suspiciously don't own a rapier.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I bought my CLS first and I didn't regret it, since I already had 99 slayer anyway and I used CLS for TDS and DKS. Yes, I use it for slayer too, but that wasn't my priority, so I'm happy with it ^_^

PS: Dungeoneering is fun anyway and if you invest some time, you can get a decent stack of tokens very fast, which gives you a 2nd chaotic weapon in like what, 1 week? Just get them both and everyone is happy :D

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg

rapier beats cls

end of

As much as I hate even posting here to bring this discussion back, I'm definitely on the side of the rapier even though I bought CLS first. (Back when people still thought they were even-ish <_< )

Quickly saw my error and got rapier. CLS has a few small niches, but yes, everyone should get rapier first.

To be fair, I went Rapier first and I've regretted it ever since.

I have a Rapier I might add, but I have been hit 700's on to get K0ed enough to know CLS is great for PvP.

Unless you're talking about safe pvp, that is not possible.

I am. Staking. and maybe i axagerated (spelling) a little bit. I have definately been hit over 700 before, but not constistantly. Didn't want to give off the vibe I just get wrecked all the time. :D

Goldtatze.png

rapier beats cls

end of

I'd really like to know your stats. You're the first person I've heard of who (I'm getting the impression) got the rapier then the longsword and actually likes the longsword better.

I'd really like to know your stats and what you do with it.

And lol @ above two posts:

"You better be talking about X use if you say CLS is good.

I am."

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

^This. I can't imagine a single place you'd be enjoying your CLS and wouldn't want a maul instead, unless you have a divine and exclusively solo Sara with melee and the KQ.

If your in Castle wars with profound armour then you know only two things work, rapier and CLS.

CLS if your the man.

Rapier if your the clown fishing to get owned.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

If your in Castle wars with profound armour then you know only two things work, rapier and CLS.

CLS if your the man.

Assuming you're against other high levels with good gear (bandos+ defense wise), then you're actually correct.

I can't believe I just said that.... :unsure:

Although, the second you find a person under 120 cb (assuming average stats, and not some tank account), rapier is better for taking them down.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Well, that's a niche use. Why not use a VLS?

You can continually use a chaotic longsword as long as you repair every 25 hours of combat or so. The repair cost is like what, 2m?

Vesta's longsword degrades after 1 hour and costs over 30m to buy another.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Well, that's a niche use. Why not use a VLS?

You can continually use a chaotic longsword as long as you repair every 25 hours of combat or so. The repair cost is like what, 2m?

Vesta's longsword degrades after 1 hour and costs over 30m to buy another.

That's true, but it's still a niche use nonetheless. I would always choose Rapier first, for one simple reason: It's hard to get bored of it.

rapier beats cls

end of

I'd really like to know your stats. You're the first person I've heard of who (I'm getting the impression) got the rapier then the longsword and actually likes the longsword better.

I'd really like to know your stats and what you do with it.

And lol @ above two posts:

"You better be talking about X use if you say CLS is good.

I am."

I don't do anything with a Longsword, because I don't have one. I don't do anything with my Rapier either besides the occasional slayer task, and that's the problem. Since I've gotten my first Chaotic, I've basically only done the following:

- Nex, where Rapier isn't that useful, even on mages

- Corporeal Beast, where Rapier is basically useless unless you're fooling around

- Dungeoeering, where Rapier is entirely useless

- Training non-cb skills (Farming, Crafting, Construction, Fishing, Smithing, Herblore), during which Rapier is entirely useless

I'd much rather have gone Crossbow - Rigour - Maul than Rapier - Maul - Crossbow like I've done. I might get back to Slaying one day, but I'm pretty sure I'd be able to afford another Chaotic long before I start power-slaying again.

CLS if your the man.

Assuming you're against other high levels with good gear (bandos+ defense wise), then you're actually correct.

I can't believe I just said that.... :unsure:

Although, the second you find a person under 120 cb (assuming average stats, and not some tank account), rapier is better for taking them down.

Wow. A person who is more or less from the efficiency crowd said Gol is correct. -mind[bleep]-

*brain explodes*

To above poster: Slayer is actually one of the areas where Rapier really, really shines. From that list of what you do though, pretty sure the CLS would also be useless.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

To above poster: Slayer is actually one of the areas where Rapier really, really shines. From that list of what you do though, pretty sure the CLS would also be useless.

Reading comprehension please. I know it's good for slayer, but for me, that's all it's good for, and I don't do much of it anymore.

I never once said I wanted CLS instead. I just said I regretted getting Rapier first, in response to someone saying everyone should get Rapier first.

Reading comprehension please. I know it's good for slayer, but for me, that's all it's good for, and I don't do much of it anymore.

I never once said I wanted CLS instead. I just said I regretted getting Rapier first, in response to someone saying everyone should get Rapier first.

Fair enough. But I'm curious. What DO you wish you got before it?

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I went Rapier, Maul, Crossbow, and I'm currently working on Rigour.

I think I would've preferred Maul, Crossbow, Rigour, with the next 200K being saved for either a replacement CCB or a Rapier if I decide to go back to Slayer.

I went Rapier, Maul, Crossbow, and I'm currently working on Rigour.

I think I would've preferred Maul, Crossbow, Rigour, with the next 200K being saved for either a replacement CCB or a Rapier if I decide to go back to Slayer.

cmaul is only significantly better at nex, sgwd (team), WFS, wyverns

CCBow is only really good at nex and agwd as karils/HC out dps's it everywhere else. Rigour should always be gotten before ccbow.

rapier is best at bandos, dks, zgwd, slayer, frosts, all training.

PKing and TDs are a toss up depending on play style.

The fact is, CCBow and maul are more of niche weapons, and CR is much more useful overall, so while CR may not have been best for your play style, over all it is the better choice.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png