Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

Any chance of him actually posting the proof to back up his claims then? :P

He's banned from TIF. You can find the information on the forum-that-must-not-be-named.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

now that we now upgraded whuo is coming,it could be better than rapier,so cls could be better option,good thing I didnt get any yet,will wait for that update before getting any chaotic

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

now that we now upgraded whuo is coming,it could be better than rapier,so cls could be better option,good thing I didnt get any yet,will wait for that update before getting any chaotic

rapier was inferior to CLS for slashing purposes though against high slash defense monsters.

If the new whip rises as the new ultimate slash weapon, it's going to be the CLS that loses its use.

Whereas rapier would probably just get demoted to best nonspear stab weapon

Naaxi.png

rapier was inferior to CLS for slashing purposes though against high slash defense monsters.

If the new whip rises as the new ultimate slash weapon, it's going to be the CLS that loses its use.

Whereas rapier would probably just get demoted to best nonspear stab weapon

This. Rapier will still likely dominate in a lot of situations. Iron/Steel/Mithril dragons are significantly weaker to stab than they are slash, the upgraded whip would have to be amazing (or a stab weapon) to trump Rapier there.

I'm going to start boss hunting with my clan, so I don't care which is better for PvP because I suck at PvP. (and the longsword looks WAY cooler)

Thankyou, kind stranger, for this stimulating and enlightening post on the mechanics of the Chaotic Longsword.

You have convinced me completely to take it everywhere and use it for everything.

If it were not for you, my Runescape experience would be a poorer one, and for this, I thank you.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

I'm going to start boss hunting with my clan, so I don't care which is better for PvP because I suck at PvP. (and the longsword looks WAY cooler)

Longsword is pretty much always outclassed by Rapier or Maul in PvM. The discussion is about which is better, not which is cooler. If you have nothing to contribute in regards to which is better, then keep your comments to yourself, as they are completely irrelevant.

Okay, so I'm stuck here :P

I'm on 116k dungeoneering tokens but I'm not sure if I should go for Rapier straight away due to the new whip upgrade.

I don't want to blow 200k tokens on a weapon that's only just better than the whip :unsure:

I'll be slaying to make my bank back after buying extremes lol, so I'm confused, what to dooooo?

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)

If you're so worried and you get 200k tokens before the whip upgrade you can always wait and continue to dg before cashing in.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

• 3 weeks later...

there really is nothign like cls

i mean nobody wants to spend 14m on vls because its gonna degrade..

i mean seriously, if you wanted to lets say gwd, you wouldn't buy a vls.

and really who needs an upgraded whip?

cls wins because ther is no weapon like it that doesnt cost 14m and degrade...

there really is nothign like cls

i mean nobody wants to spend 14m on vls because its gonna degrade..

i mean seriously, if you wanted to lets say gwd, you wouldn't buy a vls.

cls wins because ther is no weapon like it that doesnt cost 14m and degrade...

Rapier has a higher dps and is an overall better weapon in almost all situations.

Who needs an upgraded weapon at all? Good thing I have my bronze dagger.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

That Rapier was the best decision of my life.

And speaking of upgraded whips, I got the vine as a drop and I can't get rid of it. :angry:

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Not to get off topic, but how much are you selling it for in the ge?

20m - No buy

15m - No buy

10m - No buy

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

They are selling for 6.5-7m I think.

I've heard less than that, could be going back up a little though.

Edit: Just looked under Weapons on the RSOF, seems like 3-4m is the average. A few people were buying at 5mil-ish.

Then they are probably going for 5-6m. Nearly all forum posts are just manipulation nowadays.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys there is a simple solution to all of thiss.....

I LOVE RAPIER IT IS THE BEST.. but aside from that

Rapier is best for slayer/PvM

Maul is best for PvP

Cls is best for Bosses

Simple as that

but they all work good for each other's job except dont slay with maul unless you have waterfiends.

just some excell in some things more than others

Danny0013.png

Danny0013.png

Rapier is best for slayer/PvM/most bosses

Maul is best for PvP/bandos/sara gwd

Cls is best for getting chicks

Simple as that

but they all work good for each other's job except dont slay with maul unless you have waterfiends.

fixed

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Rapier is best for slayer/PvM

Maul is best for PvP

Cls is best for Bosses

Simple as that

Not trying to start a big flame war but since you're level 61 - do you have any chaotic weaponry?

On top of that, do you have any numerical data?

Not that there isn't any data on this topic but just trying to keep the metagaming part of this thread in view.

capt%20kevin.png