Rock climbing boots affecting RuneScape

Leoo

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure don't know how the world goes around. It's not about the cost, it's about the product you are getting. If he milk you bough from a store had expired, you'd want your money back, whether it cost 5 p or 5 pounds. The customer is the king, and this is not at all about taking things too seriously. To be honest, you seem to te the typical guy to walk away from clear injustice, getting yourself walked on, being counted on to rip you off. If i see someone getting beat up on the streed i'd rush to help them, i'd like to see who will help you?

heh, but you gotta pick your battles

some things are worth getting riled up over, and some arent

if the milk was expired, id want a refund. if there was a slight nick in the label obscuring the nutritional information - i'd deal with it

after a hard day dealing with a lot of [bleep]s, i couldnt care less about the price rise of a welfare pking item

when they took away pking in the wilderness i unsubscribed and quit for a few years in protest

they brought it back, along with whole world pvp - i came back to try it out

it was pretty fun

'the system works'

so what are you personally doing to fight this climbing boot injustice?

i challenge you now - 'xpx' - if this update is so concerning to you, so worth getting worked up over - vote with your feet and put your money where your mouth is

you wont, because ultimately this update is just a nick in the label and you are all talk, no action

not going to comment on the personal remarks, you're wrong, and they add no value to this discussion

I havn't payed a dime for runescape anyway, so it really doesn't concern me as far as money is concerned. As for sticking it to jagex, getting them all puffed up because of the update was a goal in itself, and i must say, it worked really well. Showing them that they just can't get away with [cabbage] like this was the goal in mind. As for quitting, would jagex really notice if i quit(again, for a ~10th time)? Ofcource not, so it's not really the one solution to beat all the others. Thinking this update was only about changing the price of only one item is very shortsighted.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

How'd you get 99 slayer without paying for subscription?

It's classified, but when you'd have to pay 3x as much as anyone else for membership, you'd think of something too.

It's classified, but when you'd have to pay 3x as much as anyone else for membership, you'd think of something too.

Why do u have to pay for 3x as much? ...

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Why do u have to pay for 3x as much? ...

1. people in estonia don't use credit cards(because we don't like to get ripped off every day...)

2. Members pin is ~11 pounds.

That's jagex for ya. Even with a credit card, members is 6 pounds here. And you'd think there aren't too many people from estonia playing runescape...but aasiwat, enrix e b, l6vi, bonebreaker6 and lydomina would disagree with that(just to name a few former number ones, there are plenty of maxed people playing also).

If i see someone getting beat up on the streed i'd rush to help them, i'd like to see who will help you?

-xpx

You would, because you dont know what I look like do you ?

Do you carry around a book that you check before you rush into the fray to help the helpless, uh oh this guy doesn't understand runescape economics, too bad for his sorry ass.

Sounds likely.

What a stupid thing to say.

PS: I don't pay with a credit card, and I pay 5.90 a month. Same as you, the fact that your countries currency is practically worthless isnt really Jagexs fault is it, they cant adjust for all the worthless currencies in the world can they ?

So if you happen to live somewhere that the currency is worthless, ya you can end up paying a lot more than '6.00' a month.

That's life.

Did you know half the worlds population is below average intelligence?

Many people think we are getting smarter as a whole, but we are UNIVERSALLY getting dumber and dumber at an alarmingly fast rate.

Metaphorically.... the human race is on its way to hell in a hand-basket made of dry wicker.

If i see someone getting beat up on the streed i'd rush to help them, i'd like to see who will help you?

-xpx

You would, because you dont know what I look like do you ?

Do you carry around a book that you check before you rush into the fray to help the helpless, uh oh this guy doesn't understand runescape economics, too bad for his sorry ass.

Sounds likely.

What a stupid thing to say.

It's tough these days when people don't understand generalisations... It's hard for me to even fathom what you just said because of how ridiculous it was...

There is a saying(sorry to whom ever i borrowed this from):

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for me

and by that time no one was left to speak up."

If you don't stand up for yourself on a small scale, you are bound to not do that on a larger scale. If you don't stand up for the others, they are bound to not stand up for you. And by the way, i don't care how big, burly or hairy you are....

i helped the bus driver throw a drunk geezer off the bus today who was refusing to move and swearing loudly in the vicinity of a troop of brownies

sorry i forgot to submit my anti climbing boots petition to jagex tho, damn, just keep forgettin that one

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

i helped the bus driver throw a drunk geezer off the bus today who was refusing to move and swearing loudly in the vicinity of a troop of brownies

sorry i forgot to submit my anti climbing boots petition to jagex tho, damn, just keep forgettin that one

It's worth fighting for what you believe in, and i have nothing against people having a differerant opinion to mine in any matter, you just have to respect the others wish to do anything about what they believe in. If noone cared about the injustice and fishiness of this update it really wouldn't be good for runescape in general.

If Jagex would remove alching tomorrow there would be a riot and all would moan about how stupid jagex was and that they cabbaged up the economy once again.

Thats because high-alching, along with so many updates, are "grandfathered" into the game. Once people have something, they rarely want it taken away- despite the positive impact it will have on runescape as a whole. Even if its only been in the game for a few days people get upset (firecapes and stryke worms).

Soldin_911.png

So if you happen to live somewhere that the currency is worthless, ya you can end up paying a lot more than '6.00' a month.

That's life.

Ever heard of exchange rates?

Everyone SHOULD pay roughly the equavalent of 5-6 USD a month, but some countrys pay ridiculous amounts, up to 10-15 USD a month (Ridiculous in comparison).

Worthless currency or not, when exchanges rates are involved, it all ends up being fair (or at least it should o.O)

----------------------

For example, membership is $6 USD for americans.

For me, i SHOULD pay $7 AUD (Which is equavalent to $6 USD)

Instead, i play $9.50 AUD, equavalent to $8.20 USD.

Its only a few dollars, but it adds up. And why it happens i have no idea to be honest.

O.O

PS: I don't pay with a credit card, and I pay 5.90 a month. Same as you, the fact that your countries currency is practically worthless isnt really Jagexs fault is it, they cant adjust for all the worthless currencies in the world can they ?

That's life.

Wait what? You are saying that the euro is worthless? how senile do you have to be to think that? The estonian crown is tied to the german mark, just the same as euro is tied to the german mark, and the fact that estonians have to pay a lot more has nothing to do with the currency or the fact that we don't have enough players here(which we do, at times moreso then finnish) but the fact that they(jagex) use foeign firms for the transfer of money which drives the price up the wall.

Happens because 90% of rs players are American, so jagex doesnt care to keep memberships on par with exchange rates.

Good job pulling statistics out of your ass like that xD

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Happens because 90% of rs players are American, so jagex doesnt care to keep memberships on par with exchange rates.

Good job pulling statistics out of your ass like that xD

Statistics- the racist science.

Though i agree, i doubt the american population is much more than 50% and maybe not even that much.

^^ so much oftopic above

Okay guys, so what has happened with that update was outrageous, yes they didnt think, it would have taken a few days more to create a way to get rid of the problem:

GENIUS IDEA:

make two typesof climbing boots, two diffrent items, one are those who were bought before the update. they become untradeable and their alch value remains the same low as before. Then, release the new, expensive climbing boots.

Of course there would be thousands of butthurt people saying: "i wanted to have cheap boots, noo fair!", tough luck, but there would be no damage to the economy.

But the problem with the money coming into the economy is not so bad, compared to the real problem:

UPDATE LEAKING

I mean, wth? the forums and ingame i have heard people talking about it, seen screenshots. I dont know if its true, but if it is:

Why would a few chosen players benefit just because they had friends j-mods who leaked it?

Im shocked investigation wasnt carried out. What will stop them from benefiting their "fave-players" with leaked update news again?

How many times has this happened already? Have the J-mods announced their beloved few that there will be a prayer update a few months before?

the problem is what is right and what is wrong.

[hide]ideal solving: find those leakers, count just how many players left because of this update then make them pay fines. Or elbow-face motion them until they die. [/hide]

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

This update didn't affect me since I no longer play, but Jagex must've been high when they thought of it and implement it without using their brains. They chose to act against the whole player base instead of deleting ALL of these climbing boots in everyone's banks, then let each people get ONE pair of these new boots free. The rest at a set price, which is the CLEANEST method. They also inflate items and devalue your hard earned bank for a SILLY bull crap idea that can be come up with by a fool.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

The main draw of climbing boots was their stats for the low price. Because they were easily obtainable and cheap, their loss meant nothing. By raising the price of boots, their loss becomes more significant. That is a minor problem. The major problem with the update is the alchemy value of the boots (45K). because this artificial value is so high, in some cases the boots protect on death over better equipment, and are consequently rendered useless.

The second problem is that of the cash injection. This problem is worse than the first, simply because it affects more areas of the economy. Essentially what JaGEx has done is artifically created billions of gp of wealth for a few individuals. Besides being inequitable, this causes some inflation, and could affect the rare market. We have seen huge cash injections before (PVP artefacts, etc), however most of these were somewhat evenly distributed, leading to an overall increase in gp/player (if not wealth).

Potentially more devastating than the cash injection is the inevitable knee-jerk reaction of the RS market. Since everyone knows about the increase in overall gp, what we have on our hands is panicked players who will raise prices even without the help of the injected cash (I've seen this happen many times).

So essentially, Jagex tried to make climbing boots more accessible to everyone, and not only rendered them unusable, but also unbalanced the economy and caused a market panic.

All in all a fairly average update. :)

Koanga.png

Barrows: Verac's flail, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Guthan's skirt (x2), Dharok's plate, Torag's hammers.

For example, membership is $6 USD for americans.

For me, i SHOULD pay $7 AUD (Which is equavalent to $6 USD)

Instead, i play $9.50 AUD, equavalent to $8.20 USD.

Its only a few dollars, but it adds up. And why it happens i have no idea to be honest.

What you do is you use paypal and convert your currency to american then pay. ends up being cheaper. And last time i checked completely legal

ChosenZamrok.png