RuneFest Tickets Sold Out & Venue Location

@Dan3HitU

They didn't even have to give the tickets out for free in the beginning to show that they care about the players. Just post something like "We're working on the pricing on the ticket and see how much we can subsidie the cost, to make it more affordable for you, the players", release the ticket for say, 20 bucks each (without that silly in-game item), and I'm sure many would be willing to pay, and we might see a healthier discussion about the event.

Instead, we had what we had; expensive ticket pricing, controversial 'gift', and refunding of the ticket cost right when the tickets were sold out. :rolleyes:

This sums it up for me, thanks. :wink:

I should have bought a ticket to recieve a free flag. :roll:

If you bought a ticket solely for the flag you just got refunded and get the chance to sell off a ticket to a soldout event. <_<

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a RuneFest ticket (and flag) holder, I can't say I'm sad to hear this.

I do understand the controversy, though.

But let me clarify something for everyone:

The people that bought a ticket to RuneFest aren't rich (I'm not), nor are they all dedicated... If you're not rich, but play RS and happen to live near London, then RuneFest might have been your holiday for the summer.

I don't think Jagex is suggesting that now only the most dedicated players will show up. Personally I'm convinced that there were only 500 tickets to be sold, or somewhere around that, which isn't nearly enough for all dedicated players out there.

Lets also not forget that a round trip from across the atlantic and back costs about 1500 dollars, so this will be a welcome discount for those people, if any.

All and all, there is no such thing as a free lunch. I wouldnt pretend to know what the cost of food and drink at the venue itself is like. All we know is that the cost of the event itself come from the marketing budget, and how big has that been lately... Sad enough are the people that still want one of those lunches, and it are those people that scream now "I would've gone if I knew it was gonna be free"... Yeah, you and the rest of the 5 million people that play.

So finally; quit your whining. I wouldnt be surprised if Jagex took the Runefest flag out of the game after that weekend. And people will complain then too about "where their precious little 'unique' item that 'they paid for' has gone to". But I've stopped making my case that there will always be complainers...

All that Jagex now knows is that the people at RuneFest were willing to pay 75 pounds for stuff they didn't know what it was, at a location that didn't exist yet. I don't blame them if they call those people committed...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I live in Australia - what's a Runefest? Some kind of food?

I would go, but I doubt my kangaroo could hop all of the way to England.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

because im personally cannot attend

i would had donated even if we didnt get refunds (actually was reading about refunds after i posted here earlier)

so since they dont release new tickets i thought maybe someone need extra one for friend or willing to attend alone.

they sold out about a month and a half earlier prior to the event. all i can say is "great job on pricing".

/sarcasm.

They sold out. When they didn't tell us where the event would be. What would really be happening there. And cutting off a massive proportion of the game population from attending. They didn't do discounts, special offers, late price cuts.

I think selling out gives cause for congratulations. Not mockery. Don't hate.

I can't believe you guys are still complaining about the stupid flag. When it was announced and I saw the reaction from the majority of tip it members, I lost a lot of respect for this board.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

If Jagex planned it all from the start that they'd pretend to make it cost money but that it'd actually be free then I can see why it would be valid to argue that it wasn't the best plan in terms of rewarding the most ardent players. However, Jagex have said that it was only later that they decided to refund people so I don't see any problem - it's a good gesture from Jagex and is of course looks good in publicity. And in terms of people not knowing the location I don't really see why that was a problem - Jagex made it clear it'd be a central London location and people won't need to be that close the to the venue unless they really hate waking up in the morning or something. In terms of the flag I'm more sympathetic but I find it hard to get riled up over it as I don't see it as any more unfair than non-tradable holiday items but I do think it would've been a good idea not to announce it until after the tickets had sold out so people couldn't get a ticket just for the flag.

Disclaimer: I don't whether my views are biased by the fact that I am actually going to RuneFest.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

I can't believe you guys are still complaining about the stupid flag. When it was announced and I saw the reaction from the majority of tip it members, I lost a lot of respect for this board.

Indeed. Pretty pathetic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch parking spots be $20, name tags be $20, complimentary free games will be$2 surcharge per game, and then ofc mandatory tips for all staff. Thus ending at around $125.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Watch parking spots be $20, name tags be $20, complimentary free games will be$2 surcharge per game, and then ofc mandatory tips for all staff. Thus ending at around $125.

What games would Jagex be handing out in their gift bags? World of Warcraft!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I'm not complaining that the tickets were £75, I'm complaining that people are somehow suggesting that only the *dedicated* players are going to be there which is totally wrong. The dedicated people who can AFFORD it will.

Don't forget, getting down there is more than just £75 since not everyone lives in London <_<

Well, come on. If they had Runefest a few blocks away from you, all the London people would rage. The only solution would be to have it on Antarctica, where everyone would be mad (albeit not equally mad)

FYI, I'm not going :roll:

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

I've gotta say, the venue looks really fitting for Runescape. It looks like it can pull off the medieval vibe really well. Great choice by Jagex

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not complaining that the tickets were £75, I'm complaining that people are somehow suggesting that only the *dedicated* players are going to be there which is totally wrong. The dedicated people who can AFFORD it will.

Don't forget, getting down there is more than just £75 since not everyone lives in London <_<

Well, come on. If they had Runefest a few blocks away from you, all the London people would rage. The only solution would be to have it on Antarctica, where everyone would be mad (albeit not equally mad)

They need to have the next one on Antarctica. I would totally go to that one.

Big_Stingman.png

Dont forget to stick a price tag of 400 pounds on it and we see who the REAL dedicated players are! Its proves your dedicated loyalty for an event that will be held in a small igloo home to a pola bear and its family. Thats all the details released as of yet. Jk.

(Remember that they state that the event will be somewhere in antartica but have to wait untill sold out to know exactly.)

But seriously. I sure it be a great event. Just the prep is in jagex usual standard and is quite amusing.

Dont forget to stick a price tag of 400 pounds on it and we see who the REAL dedicated players are! Its proves your dedicated loyalty for an event that will be held in a small igloo home to a pola bear and its family. Thats all the details released as of yet. Jk.

(Remember that they state that the event will be somewhere in antartica but have to wait untill sold out to know exactly.)

But seriously. I sure it be a great event. Just the prep is in jagex usual standard and is quite amusing.

Just FYI . . . polar bears don't live in Antarctica ;)

Back on topic, this is the first time Jagex has ever done something like this. Let's wait and see how it goes. If they mess up next year . . . then let the nerds rage?

Btw: I am not attending Runefest since it is outside of my circumstances and I am ok with that B)

Here's what I think the "Goody bag" will contain;

- Membership (3 months)

- RuneScape mug

- Mouse mat

That's about all I can think of.

I wouldnt mind one of those Runescape USB sticks they had before. :P

I feel like I've been made stupid by Jamflex.

I argue for over a week with my family trying to get £150 for 2 tickets, resulting in failure. Then Jagex decide to make them free, claiming that they were trying to find the "dedicated fans"?

Pathetic.

So I'm clearly not a dedicated fan because I couldn't afford it.

What are they going to do next year? Free tickets, then 2 days before charge everyone £100 to find out the most dedicated fans again?

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png