04-Aug-10 Elite Treasure Trails!

Toad

Yes, the MTK bug is real. Here's my loot, from 2 days of investment. I went to dump MTK to get rid of clues so I could go cluehunting, I didn't ask for this kind of bug and I'm not selling any of the stuff (valued at 51m + caskets). I may just dump it on the ground to be honest, I don't agree with getting handed bugged cash.

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac89/WeatherMatt_RS/mtk_bug.png

That's just silly man. Keep it.

Haven't seen you post in a long time, thought you quit for good :blink:

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone PLEASE tell me what actually drops level 4 clues?

I've been on practically all day killing the monsters on their supposedly "confirmed" list...

No luck!! :cry: :angry:

Several hundred irons/steels/miths and the mole about 100 times.

Bork and Horror far earlier, but it's not like I expected 100% anyway.

What monsters have people here actually gotten them from?

2dgucz6.png

There was some glitch after the update that accidentally grants people many more times what they are actually generating from MTK.

It was kind of fixed for some people, but many other people are still getting much too large gains, but since we don't know much right now it could possibly be because those gains happened before the fix and were not readjusted after the fix.

Either way it's not likely that a rollback will happen.

Meanwhile all related supplies are not selling for minimum because there's just way too many of them.

8f14270694.jpg

Anyone know what rune each of the 5 Animal Staves saves? I've been really curious, as there are only 4 Elemental runes....

The five staves' descriptions kind of already tell you, but since you're too lazy I guess I could just dredge that up for ya.

Bat = Air

Penguin = Water

Dragon = Fire

Wolf = Earth

Cat = Cats

Fairly straightforward.

If you are wearing the mask with the staff, you can also perform a specific emote related to what you're wearing.

I haven't a clue as to how the huge variety of dragon masks affect said emote, though.

No need to insult me by calling me lazy... I did look, and I read the description. I have an offer in the exchange right now for a Cat Staff. I wouldn't of posted if I hadn't looked myself first.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Sorry, only platebody. Have you ever tried putting tape on chainmail? Doesn't work well at all.

Strangely, the dragon square shield that almost nobody cares about can be trimmed.

I'm pulling all my relevant info from here even though you obviously can't trust the internet.

But you can still trust MEEEEE. :wink:

One major gripe a lot of full-dragon-wearers had was that the sq shield didn't match the plate armor set at all, mainly because of the gaudy brown trim and the lack of spikes.

td2sig.jpg

I was in Mod Marks clan chat a few months ago he said "I'd like to see Zaros in Godwars someday"

zarosf.png

Probably just another soloable boss monster that's conveniently weak to stab and triples peoples cashpiles easily. I'll continue to wait patiently though.

aintevenmad.jpg

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Well, I still consider it boring because even with tape or spikes glued to it, it's still a lame plain rectangle with a dragon tacked onto it, a design which isn't even black, so it doesn't match with the platebody.

Considering the drastic design overhaul the other equipment received, I want that thing to be terrifying just like the rest of them.

If you did look at the descriptions for the staves, they all mention their elemental affiliation right there. In the description.

"This air staff displays the carved head of a fierce bat."

"This fire staff displays the carved head of a majestic dragon."

"This water staff displays the carved head of a proud penguin."

"This earth staff displays the carved head of a fearsome wolf."

"This staff displays the carved head of an inquisitive cat."

Okay, you got me on that last one. They should fix that.

8f14270694.jpg

Well, I still consider it boring because even with tape or spikes glued to it, it's still a lame plain rectangle with a dragon tacked onto it, a design which isn't even black, so it doesn't match with the platebody.

Considering the drastic design overhaul the other equipment received, I want that thing to be terrifying just like the rest of them.

If you did look at the descriptions for the staves, they all mention their elemental affiliation right there. In the description.

"This air staff displays the carved head of a fierce bat."

"This fire staff displays the carved head of a majestic dragon."

"This water staff displays the carved head of a proud penguin."

"This earth staff displays the carved head of a fearsome wolf."

"This staff displays the carved head of an inquisitive cat."

Okay, you got me on that last one. They should fix that.

I've seen the female version of the DFH and Dplate spiked, and the improvements aren't that drastic. The platebody has a third spike added in the center of each shoulder pad, a new arm spike, and two "lower abdomen" tusks like torag's platebody. The DFH is more impressive-- it has a third row of spikes on top of the helmet (down the middle), a couple of small spikes on the back of the helmet, a unicorn horn, and two tusks around the mouth. I haven't seen the legs or shield.

td2sig.jpg

I'm only going off of the cache image but the skirt looks like it got a full row of spikes along the underside individually tipping each plate. Hence my safety warning about not sitting down while wearing it.

The cache image of the shield just adds three spikes on the top and three on the bottom. Big whoop.

EDIT: when I was talking about design overhaul, I meant the change from the old models to the new models, not the trimming.

8f14270694.jpg

180px-Fox_Mask%28male%29.png

Oh lookie, (Creepy) eyes.

Jagex... whathaveyoudone.jpg

Removed spam image ~ jimmy_jim

Seriously, that is creepy.

I don't play Runescape anymore, but those Armadyl and Bandos staves look nice. I also like the new masks.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

You can use the books in GWD. Except the Zaros book. Don't know what you'd do with that besides avoiding his wrath once he comes back.

And the cat spellbook is granted by Bob once you've completed the related quest and show up at his wedding reception.

I was in Mod Marks clan chat a few months ago he said "I'd like to see Zaros in Godwars someday"

zarosf.png

I thought Zaros didn't fight in the God Wars? He was betrayed by Zamorak, then the God Wars were started when there was all this land with no God ruling it. His followers were hunted and killed off as well, except for a few very special Mahjarrat. Even if they did make some excuse to give him an area, what would they put in it? His only followers (that I can think of, at least) are some Mahjarrat, which can't be put in a dungeon obviously, and the people in the Desert Bandit Camp.

You can use the books in GWD. Except the Zaros book. Don't know what you'd do with that besides avoiding his wrath once he comes back.

And the cat spellbook is granted by Bob once you've completed the related quest and show up at his wedding reception.

zarosf.png

I thought Zaros didn't fight in the God Wars? He was betrayed by Zamorak, then the God Wars were started when there was all this land with no God ruling it. His followers were hunted and killed off as well, except for a few very special Mahjarrat. Even if they did make some excuse to give him an area, what would they put in it? His only followers (that I can think of, at least) are some Mahjarrat, which can't be put in a dungeon obviously, and the people in the Desert Bandit Camp.

Just put the followers of every god in there?

Since when does Jagex think about the lores and history of RuneScape when it comes to planning things like these? Even the concept of GWD was flawed; four groups of armies fighting over a godsword, but each section already had a complete godsword to themselves. Maybe the generals should have just get out of that cave and find a level 99 smither to fix the sword for them.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I finished my level 3 clue, got some law and nature runes, a rune pickaxe, and some Nardah teles. Total 50k for a couple hours' work. Still, I can't complain compared to the guy who only got a couple earth runes.

Since when does Jagex think about the lores and history of RuneScape when it comes to planning things like these? Even the concept of GWD was flawed; four groups of armies fighting over a godsword, but each section already had a complete godsword to themselves. Maybe the generals should have just get out of that cave and find a level 99 smither to fix the sword for them.

I lol'd

4sDIn.png

I lol'd

I lol'd

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

I think they don't want to face the facts that there are now many godswords in existence, they're not that special, and you can buy or borrow one easily with enough funds. The resulting future shock would shred their brains.

8f14270694.jpg

My thoughts: guaranteed TT item isn't all it's cracked up to be...like many have surely realized, but this was expected.

My best clue today:

100804213721.png

Well actually, that was the worst one. I did get a few clue specific items that don't suck though.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

My thoughts: guaranteed TT item isn't all it's cracked up to be...like many have surely realized, but this was expected.

My best clue today:

100804213721.png

Well actually, that was the worst one. I did get a few clue specific items that don't suck though.

JaGex is amazing, amIright?

4sDIn.png