how insane is this?

o_ztejas_o

I was mining iron, and I got this: (look at the chat box)

crazyq.jpg

Has anyone ever done this? Maybe it's not as crazy as I thought, but I figure I get a gem about every 400-500 iron ore I mine, so getting 2 from the same rock, wouldn't that be one in a 160-250k chance? No I didn't doctor it, I don't have the gems in my inventory because I banked right after and then decided to take a pic.

Runescape is a game, if you aren't having fun then don't play, if you can't stop playing then quit.

Add this to your sig if you've seen every "new" skill released.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had three from one rock lol.

Yeah there must be a separate randomizer for doubles and triples, because if you do the math (like I did) it ends up to lottery win numbers.

ALSO I wasn't using an ammy of glory

Edited by o_ztejas_o

Runescape is a game, if you aren't having fun then don't play, if you can't stop playing then quit.

Yeah, but I was mining iron, not rune

Honestly, has anyone done this mining iron?

Glory still gives you increased odds of gems while mining in F2P, I believe.

No.

You just got lucky, enjoy the 5k gp you just made!

I had three once.

Two several times

mining iron?

Yes, for the record I have done this a few times mining coal or mithril. But never mining IRON WIHTOUT a glory ammy

I dont remember specifics like if it was iron or not but highest I have had was 7 but I have heard of much higher numbers. With iron its probably rarer but not massively rare to get 3 or 4.

Like I have said I dont remember specifics from like 3-4 years ago but iron I can say its likely I have had over 3 which I would consider rare, 2-3 just extremely uncommon. I dont really need any evidence myself to believe quite firmly on that as I just remember it happened once upon a time long ago. I remember my record which wasnt on iron more clearly though.

4 was the most I've done.

It was emerald, saphire, saphire, ruby on coal.

I was wanting coal for a quest at the time, so I was more annoyed than anything.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

soo... a guy got overexcited about double gems and decided to spam up tif about it?

2s65y76.jpg

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

The point isn't that it was a double, but that I was mining iron, and that I only have 68 mining. Of course if you have 99 this is going to happen a few times, but I'm guessing most of the triples and "quads" were on coal, mith, addy or rune?

And, AGAIN, I didn't have a glory ammy!

The point isn't that it was a double, but that I was mining iron, and that I only have 68 mining. Of course if you have 99 this is going to happen a few times, but I'm guessing most of the triples and "quads" were on coal, mith, addy or rune?

Are you trolling? It can happen to anyone, anytime on any rock. Whether you have 15 mining or 99 it doesn't matter.

It's not an achievement or rare in any way. Doesn't matter that you weren't wearing a glory amulet.

Why is this still open?

Not trying to be and assertive butt hole but thats like the 3rd time you said you didn't have glory.