27-Aug-2010 - Runescape Game Bar

Gandorf61

This is fairly awesome, except the fact it's a toolbar, ugh. I guess I'll have it enabled just hidden most of the time and check it when I need to.

For those confused the GE updater tells you when YOUR ge offers have been updated, not when the GE has updated.

All that I needed to know. I'm not switching. ;)

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent! And it's on Internet explorer - best web browser! ;)

That's sarcasm... I hope... :|

Brett0wnz.png

99woodcutting.png - 86,939th to 99 Woodcutting on July 10, 2010 (CHOPPED EUCALYPTUS TREES)

99fletchingr.png - Achieved 99 Fletching on November 23, 2010

99fishingc.png - Achieved 99 Fishing on November 2, 2011

99cookingo.png - Achieved 99 Cooking on November 7, 2011

I like the background image on that page more than the tool itself

For the life of me I can't find the link to the background so I can snatch it lol

Here it is:

http://www.runescape.com/img/toolbar/global/bg.jpg

Unfortunately, the text at the top is part of the image :(

Brett0wnz.png

99woodcutting.png - 86,939th to 99 Woodcutting on July 10, 2010 (CHOPPED EUCALYPTUS TREES)

I like the background image on that page more than the tool itself

For the life of me I can't find the link to the background so I can snatch it lol

Here it is:

http://www.runescape...r/global/bg.jpg

Unfortunately, the text at the top is part of the image :(

Hah, thanks, I'll use cut out what I need. Would never use an RS BG for my actual desktop, just like toying with images :P

Hah, thanks, I'll use cut out what I need. Would never use an RS BG for my actual desktop, just like toying with images :P

Np, I would never use a RS BG for my desktop either. lol

Brett0wnz.png

I prefer to keep the top of my browser less than ~80 pixels in height, so I guess I'll use the toolbar only when I need it.

EDIT: Also, be careful about the portion where it asks you to change your default search engine (you can change it back, but you probably don't want it).

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Won't work with chrome? Not interested then.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

This is fairly awesome, except the fact it's a toolbar, ugh. I guess I'll have it enabled just hidden most of the time and check it when I need to.

For those confused the GE updater tells you when YOUR ge offers have been updated, not when the GE has updated.

That's really useful as I'm constantly logging in at the moment to check my GE status, but I'd rather it wasn't in toolbar format since I hate toolbars in browsers. It would be really cool if they could bring the GE status thing out for iPod/Android or even as a desktop item.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

...does it work for... safari?

Yup, seems to work on everything except Chrome and possibly Opera.

How do I get it to work in safari? Downloaded it and can't find any options to add toolbars.

C1Geq.png

How do I get it to work in safari? Downloaded it and can't find any options to add toolbars.

If it's Safari for Mac then it installs it automatically (or it should do). I'm not sure how you add toolbars to Safari for Windows, sorry :unsure:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I think it's useful. It searches the GE database and the Game Guide, lists recent news, and has links to QuestHelp, forums, and Hiscores. It's currently notifying me that I can claim 72 hanky points, kill Bork, fight the Phoenix, and that the Skeletal Horror refreshes in 4 days 4 hours and Tears of Guthix in 3 days 20 hours. Oh, and that it's 83ºF outside. Not bad.

It would be nice if it also tracked my farming patches and searched Hiscores and AdvLogs.

I wonder if the character on that page is as important as the signature heroes were revealed to be. The armour he/it is wearing seems to be even more powerful than primal is.

Maybe Bilrach?

Oh, and for all of you that are coming up with ideas for the toolbar (such as it tracking penguins and farming patches), then I would suggest posting them on the RSOF thread. Some of the stuff players suggested there has already been implemented into the toolbar, as it is still in BETA. There are plenty of people that asked for it for Chrome, so I don't think you would have to post about that.

Brett0wnz.png

OMFG! got to be one of the most useful things they have made. Has a lot of potential for other things too. :thumbsup:

Shame it does not work for chromium browsers, but I have figured out the xml data urls and authorisation methods so I could create my own or any other program for that matter :twisted:.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

If it's Safari for Mac then it installs it automatically (or it should do). I'm not sure how you add toolbars to Safari for Windows, sorry :unsure:

Mm.. any windows users got it working on theirs?

C1Geq.png

Gotta love this. A must-have addon. :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I LOVE this add on! All I can suggest is a re-sizable RS World Map attachment, and notifications on more D & Ds as well as how far along I'm with them.As well as having the search engine actually search the RuneScape site itself, rather than as a sub domain on third rate Conduit. Other than that, absolutely excellent. Must have :thumbup:

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif