27-Aug-2010 - Runescape Game Bar

Gandorf61

Hi everyone,

We have been working on a toolbar to help you keep track of RuneScape, including the latest news and updates on your Grand Exchange offers. You can even see when your favourite Distractions and Diversions have reset! The browser toolbar, called the RuneScape Game Bar, is almost ready for its full release and we would like to know how you feel about it.

To download the RuneScape Game Bar, click here.

We'll be adding a page to the Game Guide with much more information shortly, but for now please feel free to post your feedback and questions here.

Thanks for your input,

Mod Kat

RuneScape Community Management

QFC: 16-17-165-61533300

I'm really liking the D&D and GE notifications, handy if you don't want to stay logged into your account all day.

edit:

Weve recently released the RuneScape Game Bar, which is a toolbar for your web browser that gives you up to date RuneScape information. The main features of the Game Bar are:

* Information about any Grand Exchange offers you have running.

* Reminders about repeatable content, including when you can next play Tears of Guthix, redo the Phoenix Lair, fight Bork and the Skeletal Horror, and when you can earn more Thieves Guild Hanky Points.

* Quick links to the RuneScape forums, game guide and Adventurers Log, among others.

* An RSS feed of recent newsposts on the RuneScape website.

* A Play Now button to quickly load up RuneScape.

* A search bar.

We are also working on additional features, including seeing which of your friends is online. If you have any suggestions for other things we can add to the Game Bar, visit the ?16,17,165,61533300"]RS Game Bar - Try it Out! forum thread.

To install the Game Bar, simply click this link and follow the instructions. Currently, the Game Bar only supports Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. There is an FAQ about the Game Bar here.

Mod Oliver K

Head of Online Strategy

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem: it's IE Explorer only.

Sorry, great idea and I'd love to have it, but IEE isn't going to work. If it was Chrome, Firefox, or maybe even Opera, I'd take it.

How'd you get that to work? It isn't showing as an avaliable toolbar for me.

Just downloaded it, and restarted firefox when prompted. Once it loaded back up it was there.

EDIT: May have whats wrong.

Tools -> Add-ons -> Runescape toolbar -> enable

You may be configured to not have it auotmatically work

Just downloaded it, and restarted firefox when prompted. Once it loaded back up it was there.

EDIT: May have whats wrong.

Tools -> Add-ons -> Runescape toolbar -> enable

You may be configured to not have it auotmatically work

Ha. Thanks :)

Wow. That's pretty sweet. And makes me feel like MORE of a nerd :D

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I can't stand toolbars on web-browsers >_> I can't even begin to state how much I loathe them. I really think I'll be staying away from this one. RuneScript in IRC spams when the GE updates and I know when D&D's update. My alternatives do it better without cluttering up my browser. :/

hzvjpwS.gif

The problem: it's IE Explorer only.

Sorry, great idea and I'd love to have it, but IEE isn't going to work. If it was Chrome, Firefox, or maybe even Opera, I'd take it.

I'm using it on Firefox. It works fine.

Started using it now, thanks for the info! This is great and has loads of potential considering it can "extract information" from the game :) It also said it may have a feature where you can see which of your friends are online :thumbsup:

Excellent! And it's on Internet explorer - best web browser! ;)

:ohnoes:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

To bad it's not for Google Chrome. IE sucked. I'll try it out!

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

This is fairly awesome, except the fact it's a toolbar, ugh. I guess I'll have it enabled just hidden most of the time and check it when I need to.

For those confused the GE updater tells you when YOUR ge offers have been updated, not when the GE has updated.