120 Dungeoneering Finally Reached!

Hunterowner

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope he maintained a healthy life outside of Runescape while going for 120. That's my thread contribution.

That's basically impossible to do

Still, congrats to him on this amazing achievement.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I'm glad that the cape is as underwhelming as it is. Jagex doesn't need to make its Skinner's Box any worse than it already is.

Making a wanted item isn't making a skinner's box, well not necessarily.

I suppose it's a bit far-fetched, but relevance comes from the potential reward Jagex could have given. They could have given the cape incredible stats and perhaps access to resources that give ridiculous exp rates to numerous skills. The punishment would then stem from the fact that they don't have access to more elite content. The situation's already there nowadays; if you don't have the best skills (e.g. extremes, turmoil, chaotic weapons, high summoning, high combats) you're never going to get anywhere trying to fight boss monsters. You'll try, but there will always be a crasher that keeps you from succeeding. Therefore, you'll spend hours of your life grinding away to get the right skills you need to beat the crashers.

Obviously that situation won't happen for a long time, since 120 dungeoneering isn't exactly the quickest thing to get. It would definitely be a problem in the future though. There was once a time where 95 prayer was an incredible achievement, but now look at how many people have it!

wl7w9j.png

I just hope he maintained a healthy life outside of Runescape while going for 120. That's my thread contribution.

That's basically impossible to do

Still, congrats to him on this amazing achievement.

You have no idea the kind of hours many of the front page dungeoneers put in, lol.

td2sig.jpg

104 Million Exp in only 4 or so months, that player SERIOUSLY needs to get outside or the basement. :|

Sure, it's an achievement but to grind the crap out of it in 4 months like that; that's not an achievement, that's giving up your life for a game.

but w/e, each to his own opinion. :|

Popoto.~<3

Of all the people who play RuneScape, you're guaranteed at least one person who'd be willing to set aside his/her time to achieve such landmarks.

And for 120 Dungeoneering, that person would be me.

Where's your cape??

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

104M exp in 133 days = 782k exp/day. That folks, is nuts. I don't know the exp rates (most of it was done before the new floors), but still ... :eek:

I don't mean to be one of the flamers, but hopefully he/she returns to a balanced lifestyle after this. Playing that much per day is slightly more then 'in your spare time'. Congrats to them nonetheless. =D>

104M exp in 133 days = 782k exp/day. That folks, is nuts. I don't know the exp rates (most of it was done before the new floors), but still ... :eek:

I don't mean to be one of the flamers, but hopefully he/she returns to a balanced lifestyle after this. Playing that much per day is slightly more then 'in your spare time'. Congrats to them nonetheless. =D>

About 10 hrs/day before the dungeoneering update and 7 hrs/day afterwards at max rates (which the owner(s) of that account were setting). Still it probably including a little bit of waiting around time.

2496 Completionist

About 10 hrs/day before the dungeoneering update and 7 hrs/day afterwards at max rates (which the owner(s) of that account were setting). Still it probably including a little bit of waiting around time.

This is ofcourse assuming that he spent time JUST training dungeoneering?

What did he do? Inject caffeine into his blood?

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

I see what you did there.

What a sad kid.

That's not a nice thing to say about the OP just because they think this historical landmark for the game is worth a discussion thread.

1. It's a bit curious that the cape isn't as . . . flamboyant as the other skill capes. I wonder why. I would think it'd be even MORE glorious. It's a cool design, nonetheless.

You think so? I thought those particle effects and the new cape design are pretty damn sweet. =D>

I don't see what the big deal is about "Oh he had to give up his life for 4 months to get that" is.

104 million experience is really only 95 million if you spend your 9.5 million tokens on experience.

So that makes 95 million / 133 days = 714,286 experience a day.

In a 24 hour period, that would be 29,761 experience per hour; quite an easily accomplished rate.

Here is where we deviate and assume that they do not play 24 hours a day; 12 hours is more realistic.

So that is 59,524 experience an hour; still doable.

In a standard 1-35 floors, the optimal strategy is to rush 1-29 (This takes on average an hour and a half; could be faster) then do 30-35 on a 5:5 Large.

If a floor takes 30 minutes (Which is possible with a good team, etc), then one can do 2 Large floors in an hour. To be more realistic, factoring getting a team and such, a little bit over an hour.

Since it is a Rush to finish the floor faster, Level Mod will usually be in the negatives, but not to that extreme (Say -3 or 4 is a good average), so then with Prestige 35 and Floor 35, as well as no deaths, about 53k experience. This number decreases as we go down floors, but would average out at 50k.

So then we get an assumed 300k experience for those six Abandoned 2 floors, which will take just over 3 hours and 30 minutes to complete.

This exceeds the required experience rate for 12 hours a day, but also considering the time it takes to rush the lower floors to maintain 35 Prestige, we get 5 hours total.

If rushing experience is so small that it is negligible (However, I know that many high level Dungeoneerers will do 5:1 Small Rushes, which makes all those floors equate to 1-2 larges, but we will assume that they solo rushed for simplicity purposes) then 300,000 / 5 = 60,000 experience per hour, a little over the required rate for 12 hours a day.

So in conclusion, you would still have half the day for you to sleep, eat, do whatever else you wanted to do. With good time management and optimizing methods of experience gain, they will still "have a life".

What a sad kid.

That's not a nice thing to say about the OP just because they think this historical landmark for the game is worth a discussion thread.

1. It's a bit curious that the cape isn't as . . . flamboyant as the other skill capes. I wonder why. I would think it'd be even MORE glorious. It's a cool design, nonetheless.

You think so? I thought those particle effects and the new cape design are pretty damn sweet. =D>

Im talking about the kid that got 120, not OP....

Telomarques the avatar wins, the person behind the scenese loses, 4 months of their life to be speciific. (That is if their really is only one person at the helm. :idea:)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Don't forget about the millions of tokens that he could've used at the very end. ; )

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Not as epic as I though it would be, but still very nice. I wounder is this will go on for for other skills now?

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]