Efficiency

Michael

I got it because it was a goal: to get the best gear. I have it, for the most part. Was it efficient? No. But was it worth it? Hell yes.

BTW, I have 301 rank :P

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is efficient because a better ring makes them get more kills at ffa/crashing bosses, and will pay off way faster than exp.

This is 100% exactly the truth.

Well, you'd have to boss hunt a LOT to make up for the 30 hours lost. Personally, I think it's a pretty good trade-off, but in terms of pure efficiency, it's not.

I was thinking more about just buying the plain +4 str ring.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I agree with both sides to a certain extent. I know I myself am not as efficient as I could be while playing runescape. I was reading a rate this today, and someone went and gave someone a 1/10 I think it was and said that was because of his "efficiency." Now, I understand that person has the right to say that, as that is how they view the person who is looking to be rated. However I do not agree with it.

I dont really care much about efficency and what not, I play for pure enjoyment, weather that means spending my money on something useless or training a skill in one of the worst ways possible. In my books, If im using my time for enjoyment, then I am using my time efficiently :P

TL;DR: Efficiency depends on who is using the term, I myself think anytime im having fun im being efficient.

Maybe it is efficient because a better ring makes them get more kills at ffa/crashing bosses, and will pay off way faster than exp.

This is 100% exactly the truth.

Well, you'd have to boss hunt a LOT to make up for the 30 hours lost. Personally, I think it's a pretty good trade-off, but in terms of pure efficiency, it's not.

I was thinking more about just buying the plain +4 str ring.

D'oh, I thought you were both talking about the MA rings. My bad. #-o

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Alright, besides the stereotyping I also see that some ppl are constantly saying that they get flamed in RS for not having the best gear possible?!

How on earth do you get flamed at or where? Really, I certainly don't have the best gear (with my verac's skirt, prossy top, regen bracelet, dragom boots for pietying for example) but I have never ever been flamed at, and trust me I've put in some game time since the last bonus xp (16,4 mil xp) - besides some pray and herb lvls it's all been into slaying and it's byproducts.

And if you do get flamed at, why don't you use the very handy feature of RS to either block the person or turn chat off altogether. Me personally, I have 4 ppl on my firends list, out of whom I talk with 1, because the others don't play anymore. On my IGNORE list however I have 200+ ppl.

NOT listening to stupid immature [developmentally delayed]s is more efficient than getting flamed at

Efficiency ftw!

Purekilljoy.png

yes i do have 300 rank and most of the good equipment ('cept rapier - died with it, am doing dungeoneering atm to get it back emot-suicide.gif)

well on the topic of ma rings

let's assume you have the "best gear" for meleeing (i.e. will give the most xp/h) - neitiznot, fire cape, fury, rapier, defender, bandos, barrows gloves, d boots, regular berserker ring - 147 str bonus. you also have turmoil and extreme potions.

let's assume you are 98 strength. your max hit will be 578

you can spend about 10-15 hours getting 99 strength, which will increase your max hit to 585 (1.2% increase)

or you can spend about 25 hours getting a berserker (i), which will increase your max hit to 589 (1.9% increase)

so getting 300 rank is pretty good to get, it gives pretty comparable improvement to the last strength level when divided by the time it takes

Efficient players are not forcing anyone to also be efficient.

Lmao.

What you can't force you troll. Hence xtroll.

Don't worry we know all your methods are the best because they come from you and you paid good dollar for them.

Your replies have about as much grace as a roll of toilet paper- you are not even trying to make arguments, rather resulting to being immature and trolling.

And really, if you read this thread(which i don't expect you to have the mental energy to), you would see that people feel as though efficiency is forced upon them, where as it's actually not really the case. If we take our time to prove one method better than the other, you will not be obligated to using the better method. Even when we all say this/that armor is best, you don't have to use the same armor. When i did the calculation about BCP earlier, it was from my personal point of view- someone else with lower income and smaller cashpile could find the things the other way round- but it's your own choice if you want to use your own methods of training, or you go with what other people have proven to be best. Noone has to be efficient, but efficiency is the best way to play this game(more fun, less grind).

Also, i think everyone has to understand that H&A threads are all about efficiency- if you don't care about it, you would do it your own way. It'd be extremely unhelpful if i went there and all my replies were about having fun.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

im sorry you find english cruel

but it seems efficiency is the ability to achieve a desired result without wasted energy or effort.

im not sure why you think "without wasted energy or effort" somehow prevents fun from being one possible "desired result"

go back to grade school, I'm tired of your trolling.

You troll me all over the board so I troll you here and now.

Can't handle it, ignore me.

Don't worry, I'm ignoring you because you don't make sense, you don't understand sarcasim, you apply simple math to off-base assumptions and call them law, you quote economics like its the bible, and I'm beginning to think that english is not your first language.

Good job. You managed to ignore the fact that what you posted agreed exactly with the people you are arguing against.

It takes a special kind of mind to be able to ignore your own shortcomings so readily. So instead of acknowledging that you are mistaken, you call names and spout drivel.

They tell me that you have trouble with sarcasim.

Say it ain't so.

Lmao.

Don't worry we know all your methods are the best because they come from you and you paid good dollar for them.

You're a terrible rapper. :-w

Efficiency is the lastest buzzword to use when you need to feel good about yourself and where you are in the game.

People on this site use it freely and without any basis to efficiency in the real world.

Efficiency in RS quite offen is used to mean using the most expensive means available to accomplish something.

This is quite dubious because making gp takes time and effort and can be gained most readily doing the things that most people view as not fun or useful. (of course aside for illicit methods)

Of course efficiency is also the latest put down in a long line of noob, choob, nolifer...etc.

Somebody moves too slow for you in your dungeon... scream "l2be efficient".

Somebody has better stats than you... cry out "But your inefficient, learn to RS"

I am not RS efficient.

Nor would I want to be.

I play nonprofit minigames.

I don't go out of my way to make gp, so I save gp when possible.

I don't "invest" in the GE.

You don't need to be efficient to be successful in this game.

Now watch the efficiency trolls line up quoting my post.

Its always the same clowns too... :shame:

Looking at your levels I would say whatever method you have of playing seems to be working!

What he said!

Why do people seem to have a 'Holier than thou' attitude towards elitism? Playing RS inefficiently doesn't make you a better person, or have more of 'a life', it only means you would take longer to achieve your goals (and you purposely choose to)

Edit - We only quote your posts because;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

well on the topic of ma rings

let's assume you have the "best gear" for meleeing (i.e. will give the most xp/h) - neitiznot, fire cape, fury, rapier, defender, bandos, barrows gloves, d boots, regular berserker ring - 147 str bonus. you also have turmoil and extreme potions.

let's assume you are 98 strength. your max hit will be 578

you can spend about 10-15 hours getting 99 strength, which will increase your max hit to 585 (1.2% increase)

or you can spend about 25 hours getting a berserker (i), which will increase your max hit to 589 (1.9% increase)

so getting 300 rank is pretty good to get, it gives pretty comparable improvement to the last strength level when divided by the time it takes

That is actually a terrible efficiency calculation for MA rings...

Firstly, +4 str adds around 10 to your max hit, not 20. Secondly, getting 300 MA rank for only one ring is no doubt inefficient, no matter how you look at it, but you have to take berserker, archer, seer, onyx and even dragonstone rings into account to find a proper use for it.

300 MA rank could be gotten in around 25 hours, gaining no xp, losing some money- lets say around 1m.

In that 25 hours, you could either train or make money. If you spend it training(lets not assume slayer as it's much more difficult, but undoubtedly more efficient), you can get around 150k strength, 50k hp xp an hour with no profit or loss, a total of 3,75M strength xp and 1,25M hp in that time- assuming archer/seer/berserker add around 1,6% efficiency, the rings would pay for themselves in 225M str/att/def/range/mage xp, well over 3 times 99 in all those skills.

The second way to look at is profit. In that 25 hours doing frost dragons, you would make 100M gp, aswell as gain 1,75M strength xp, 600k hp xp and 1M ranged xp, meaning they will have to provide even more to make up the difference.

BUT, the reason these rings are still relevant is that at the top end, equipment bonuses are really hard to come by, so in a 1-against-all(FFA) or 1-on-1 situation, they can more than make up for that ridiculous amount you spend doing MA. They are also the only hybrid rings you can get(for DK tribrid).

Firstly, +4 str adds around 10 to your max hit, not 20.

I agree with the rest of your post, but as it happens, I checked the max hit calc and the difference between berserker (i) and a regular berserker ring is around 12-14 damage with max boosts, on task or with void + salve, using rapier. Only 2-4 difference but that's 20-40%. So the difference is 12-14 on a max of around 650 (if the calculator is correct), which is about 2% (not 1.5%, as +10 would indicate).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Firstly, +4 str adds around 10 to your max hit, not 20.

I agree with the rest of your post, but as it happens, I checked the max hit calc and the difference between berserker (i) and a regular berserker ring is around 12-14 damage with max boosts, on task or with void + salve, using rapier. Only 2-4 difference but that's 20-40%. So the difference is 12-14 on a max of around 650 (if the calculator is correct), which is about 2% (not 1.5%, as +10 would indicate).

Well, i calculated it for general training purposes, so it can be off somewhat, but in any case, i had quite a bit of a buffer in it assuming the added efficiency is the same for all the combat classes, where as range and magic won't benefit that much from those rings.

Edit, checked the max hit calculator and it's consistently at 11-12 for normal training and slayer and at 14 for void+salve, but i guess that the 11-12 is more relevant(power training isn't efficient).

Alright, besides the stereotyping I also see that some ppl are constantly saying that they get flamed in RS for not having the best gear possible?!

How on earth do you get flamed at or where? Really, I certainly don't have the best gear (with my verac's skirt, prossy top, regen bracelet, dragom boots for pietying for example) but I have never ever been flamed at, and trust me I've put in some game time since the last bonus xp (16,4 mil xp) - besides some pray and herb lvls it's all been into slaying and it's byproducts.

I removed all the names for privacy issues, but it happens all the time.

I don't care how efficient/inefficient someone is but elitism is just [cabbage].

(See below for quoted example)

lololol. noobs wear the funniest things

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/903/noobswearthefunniesthin.png

lvl 129 training at armoureds >.<

you cant see it well but hes using a combat bracelet and legend cape too lol

SO?!?!?

I agree, I really didn't like the "noobs wear the funnies things" post in the first place, and I find no reason to flame someone because they either dont want to take the time to get barrows gloves, or have the skill / take the time to get fire cape. Im 112 cbt, and still havnt bothered to try for fire cape. It really irks me when people rag on others for not having the best / top-line gear :P

I'm not saying he has to have the "best/top line gear" but for cheaper than the cost of all the gear hes using now he could get waaaaaaay more efficient armor. Do an easy quest to get a nezzy, sell tassets for verac skirt and a barrows torso at least and buy at least an obby shield. and tbh a 129 that doesnt have at least rune gloves kinda fails tbh

Lmao.

Your replies have about as much grace as a roll of toilet paper- you are not even trying to make arguments, rather resulting to being immature and trolling.

I doubt there is a thread in this site where I post and then you post stupid insults after.

I was worried that this thread would be the start of something different.

But you came through again, thanks. :thumbup:

BTW, don't worry I won't argue with you, because it's pointless you know everything.

Was I trying to be?

Why do people seem to have a 'Holier than thou' attitude towards elitism?

Holier than thou attitide seems like elitism to me.

Elitism is good?

Telling new players they suck is good?

Telling people variety is bad is good?

Telling people be exactly like me is good?

I only quote your post because it's truely inane and easy to attack.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Quote hidden to efficiently use page space.

[hide]

Obviously you want to have fun.

So if you define efficiency solely to be the best way to gain the best ratio of gp/xp for your time then you're a moron.

Hello clown #2, short time no argue over semantics eh?

MSN Encarta dictionary for you.

ef·fi·cien·cy [ i físh'nsee ] (plural ef·fi·cien·cies)

noun

Definition:

1. competence: the ability to do something well or achieve a desired result without wasted energy or effort.

2. productive use of resources: the degree to which something is done well or without wasted energy

3. measure of machine's energy effectiveness: the ratio of the amount of energy used by a machine to the amount of work done by it. For example, the measurement of the amount of heat produced per unit of fuel when all of a fuel has been burned is a measure of a heating unit's efficiency.

I assume most people on this site who claim to be efficiency experts use "efficiency" in a manner consistent with definition #1. Yet, they almost always forget the bolded part at the end.

Of course they never understand a few other things too.

Here I will list them.

"making gp" and "wasted energy" are not mutually exclusive.

"making gp" and "effort" are not mutually exclusive.

In fact, "making gp" and "fun" are not even mutually inclusive.

Furthermore, for total heresy in the eyes of my friends (the efficiency trolls here) one might consider that going out of ones way to generate gp to increase xp rates by some percentage (often small) might be considered "OMFG WASTED ENERGY". :shame:

Truely unbelievable and moronic I know...

I mean everybody loves merchanting and farming and camping for days at the same monster, and killing the big monsters in groups while hoping not to share too much of the loot.

Nobody likes to go places where you don't profit or get BIG XP.

You know the abandoned places like stealing creation, fight pits, or even castle wars.

Instead, everybody should camp at the frost dragons or go afk with the bots at soul wars until they can camp efficiently at frost dragons because its all about the efficiency. :idea:

A good player isn't somebody who accomplished their goals.

A good player is somebody with unlimited GP, because only somebody with unlimited gp can gain xp at the fastest rates humanly possible.

To do less or consider gp/xp would be uncivilized. :rolleyes:

[/hide]

Haha, good one.

Meh, I be efficient or non-efficient here and there.. Just random.

For instance, I'll fish rocktail over barbarian any day. *points at fishing level*

Southpark0o.png

Click for bloggy ^^

For MA rings its easy to make it efficient because in the bigger picture there is also real life and runescape so you just do MA while you got things in rl to do.

Exactly the same as skills like fishing and possibly woodcut etc. Its no longer really relevant that your not instead fishing or even afking combat in some way, or even killing frost dragons because it wouldnt be possible.

If MA was instead a minigame that involved alot of attention then it would be more problematic. Instead its so ridiculously afkable that its easier than fishing..

Lmao.

I doubt there is a thread in this site where I post and then you post stupid insults after.

I was worried that this thread would be the start of something different.

But you came through again, thanks. :thumbup:

BTW, don't worry I won't argue with you, because it's pointless you know everything.

Was I trying to be?

Why do people seem to have a 'Holier than thou' attitude towards elitism?

Holier than thou attitide seems like elitism to me.

Elitism is good?

Telling new players they suck is good?

Telling people variety is bad is good?

Telling people be exactly like me is good?

I only quote your post because it's truely inane and easy to attack.

I would sure like anybody that thinks elitism is annoying to read this <_<

Naaxi.png

Oh joy! :thumbup:

Another controversial thread.

Here's my stand on the issue:

Efficiency is utter BS!

"Oh look, I can be efficient in a computer game that most people play for fun, and in return I get to rub it in their faces just because I get more XP per hour than them."

Hmmm... Should I be scared that a gang of spreadsheet-wizards are considering themselves to be the elite group of players, just cause they think they know what's "right" and what's not? Let me think...... Nope. I am perfectly fine the way I am. So-called inefficient and using cost-effective, slow ways to train skills rather than blasting through the levels ASAP. It suits my casual playing style. Why should I pay a ridiculously huge premium to reach a certain skill level a few hours/days sooner? I don't want to get there fast, but I want to get there eventually. I don't know every statistical information about the game, how this affects that, and vice versa. Nor do I want to. Knowing too much corrupts. Elitism is exactly like that - corrupt, irresponsible and selfish. There is no right way to train a skill, just as there is no wrong way to do it.

Stop bickering about statistics and go have some fun already! :roll:

dontfearthereaper2.png

Efficiency is utter BS!

"Oh look, I can be efficient in a computer game that most people play for fun, and in return I get to rub it in their faces just because I get more XP per hour than them."

Hmmm... Should I be scared that a gang of spreadsheet-wizards are considering themselves to be the elite group of players, just cause they think they know what's "right" and what's not? Let me think...... Nope. I am perfectly fine the way I am. So-called inefficient and using cost-effective, slow ways to train skills rather than blasting through the levels ASAP. It suits my casual playing style. Why should I pay a ridiculously huge premium to reach a certain skill level a few hours/days sooner? I don't want to get there fast, but I want to get there eventually. I don't know every statistical information about the game, how this affects that, and vice versa. Nor do I want to. Knowing too much corrupts. Elitism is exactly like that - corrupt, irresponsible and selfish. There is no right way to train a skill, just as there is no wrong way to do it.

But I am having fun when I'm efficient. I'm sorry I find Turmoiling/steel titan-ing tasks fun. I don't get why people can't understand the FUN IS SUBJECTIVE part of all of this.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Efficiency is utter BS!

But I am having fun when I'm efficient. I'm sorry I find Turmoiling/steel titan-ing tasks fun. I don't get why people can't understand the FUN IS SUBJECTIVE part of all of this.

Exactly the point. Some people like having the slowest xp/h possible, some people like the fastest. Why criticize people for simply being better?

Exactly the point. Some people like having the slowest xp/h possible, some people like the fastest. Why criticize people for simply being better?

efficiency people aren't the only people that criticize each other. Don't act like saints <_<

Re-read what he said....

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

efficiency people aren't the only people that criticize each other. Don't act like saints <_<

Re-read what he said....

good call <3

Naaxi.png