Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What book are you currently reading?

• Please log in to reply
1097 replies to this topic

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mirrorforced
Starting Harry Potter book 5. It'll be fun because there is a Harry Potter class going on during January. There will be witches and wizards running around campus in the next weeks. This should be good. (no, I'm not joking. Last time, they created their own houses, created their own version of quidditch and had their own quidditch world cup in the gym.)
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

danlptr12
[ Display Name History ]

danlptr12

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I read a lot but I keep discovering excellent authors and books that I'd never noticed until someone recommended them to me. Recently, I have read 'The Time Traveler's Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger. Pop-splat, by South African author Ian Martin. It is one of the few books I've ever read that really made me think and completely changed my view of society and how the world operates.

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis

I read a lot but I keep discovering excellent authors and books that I'd never noticed until someone recommended them to me. Recently, I have read 'The Time Traveler's Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger. Pop-splat, by South African author Ian Martin. It is one of the few books I've ever read that really made me think and completely changed my view of society and how the world operates.

How was The Time Traveler's Wife? I've seen the movie but haven't read the book.
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

ForsakenMage
[ Display Name History ]

ForsakenMage

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 6,856 posts
  • RSN:ForsakenMage
  • RSN2:Pengew Ami
  • Clan:EoE
Re-read Watership Down by Richard Adams. Amazing story of a group of rabbits that flee from their endangered warren to a new home, with danger lurking at every turn, lead by a rabbit whose foreshadowing helps to begin the story, and his brother to support him. The movie cuts a lot of important parts, particularly the folk stories that help the readers understand why are rabbits the way they are in terms of behavior and appearance, as well as the little challenges they faced, so I highly recommend reading the book if you haven't already. :D

Dupin
[ Display Name History ]

Dupin

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,659 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Read Kafka's The Metamorphosis. It was pretty good. Very short, though, which is sort of good in the context of The Brothers Karamazov, but I still feel like I need something fast-paced to read. I'm thinking about going down to Barnes & Noble to buy the last three novels in the Hannibal series by Thomas Harris, or maybe some Stephen King.

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez

Mattimeo by Brian Jacques. Its in the Redwall Series. I'm half done with it, yay nostalgia.

I've read over half of the redwall books and they are all amazing. Also, right now I am reading The Fire Eternal by Chris D'Lacey

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel
Recently finished reading Blood, Sweat and Tea & More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea.

If you've got a kindle then I highly suggest you download these two. The first is free to get on kindle and the sequel only cost me £2. It's about the day to day life of an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) in the London Ambulance Service. It's basically a blog that's been turned into a book. I have to say, it was very gripping and I ended up reading three quarters of the first one in a day! I couldn't put it down. There's some really funny stories and some really heartbreaking ones. It often shows the lunacy of the Government and the daily crap that ambulance men have to deal with. I really loved them, shame there's not any more out yet! (Though he's still writing the blog).

Right now I just started Tony Blair's memoir, A Journey. I only really became politically aware around the time that Tony Blair was leaving office so this is quite an interesting look at recent history and stuff that was going on while I was a kid, too young to care.

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Dreezer
[ Display Name History ]

Dreezer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • RSN:dreezer
"soul of the fire" Terry Goodkind (5th book in the sword of truth series)

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

Serpent Eye
[ Display Name History ]

Serpent Eye

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

Recently finished reading Blood, Sweat and Tea & More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea.

Please tell me that this is the title of one book.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel

Please tell me that this is the title of one book.

No, it's two books.

Blood, Sweat and Tea and the sequel More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea.

The first one doesn't seem to be free any more, shame :(

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Serpent Eye
[ Display Name History ]

Serpent Eye

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
:'(

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Hawks
[ Display Name History ]

Hawks

The Goalie

• Editorial Panel
  • 3,963 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Hawk0078
Jane Eyre, Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex, and Gaming Geeks and Fantasy Freaks (Ethan Gilsdorf)

The geek book is pretty interesting, Artemis Fowl is good so far, and Jane Eyre isn't that great...

scintillator
[ Display Name History ]

scintillator

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RSN:of the mafia
I'm currently reading 'Desert Spear' by Peter V. Brett, also reading 'At the Gates of Darkness' by Raymond E. Feist

There is always someone watching you...

Navyvet1
[ Display Name History ]

Navyvet1

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 74 posts
Broke - by Glen Beck. I'm not too Political of a person, but the book has a very easy to read format, and explains things in a manner very easy to understand. He blasts everyone in the US Government for screwing up the USA. Its very insightful...and scary at the same time.

I highly recommend it.

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
About 2/3 of the way through Against All Things Ending, by Stephen Donaldson, and Jesus Christ it's intense. It's definitely my favourite book of the Last Chronicles, but the Last Chronicles is probably behind The First Chronicles, but before the Second in terms of quality/enjoyability. Aaaand it's definitely the best fantasy series I've ever read. Pity the final book comes out in like 2013. >_> If the ending of this book is a cliffhanger I think I may just eat my own hat.

Also have a Gaunt's Ghost omnibus to read (it's Warhammer 40k stuff), it's the second one, couldn't get my hands on the first, but apparently they're pretty self-contained so I won't be too left out in terms of events. Aaaaand, finally there's the first book of the Wheel of Time series, The Eye of the World. And after that I'm looking to start reading the Song of Ice and Fire series.

Too much reading. ._.'
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

Adalear
[ Display Name History ]

Adalear

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RSN:Adalear
Just started The Gift by James Patterson but read the first four books of The House of Night series before then.

The Gift is okay so far and so was Witch and Wizard. I highly recommend the House of Night series though. It's vampyres, but they're the discomforted-by-the-light, blood-sucking, and somewhat-delusional-about-their-powers-at-times type.

Valuable Drops: Dragon Boots, Torag's Legs, Karil's Skirt

Harakiri
[ Display Name History ]

Harakiri

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,883 posts
Almost half done with Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson after a week of reading it. It's long. But I'm also sick and have no want to read absolutely anything at the moment. Great book though, the whole Malazan series is still my favorite fantasy stuff.
Posted Image

Guy
[ Display Name History ]

Guy

The Guy

• Members
  • 2,238 posts
  • RSN:Guy The Best
Just under half way through Ben Collins' autobiography. It's amazing the level of detail he's got in it, so far back into his life. It's a pretty good read, first book after a few months of not reading much. Can't wait for the last book of the Inheritance cycle.

RIP TET

Posted Image

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

MrGreens
[ Display Name History ]

MrGreens

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Mr Greens
  • Clan:HARPIES@@@
Currently reading small favor by Jim butcher
Posted Image

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis
I'm kind of currently reading "The Mummy" :lol:
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users