An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

The same quantity of bandos items would be created as we can assume someone will jump in as the other person leaves regardless

No, at the moment you already have high level players on every world (because many of them have to crash). If there wasn't crashing, less efficient players would hog worlds, so you'd still have people there 24/7, but the number of kills would significantly decrease.

But what about those with half decent stats who either want to kill Bosses for fun or to just collect one piece of equipment to help pay for something? Yeah I know Crashing happens, you leveled your stats yatta yatta [cabbage] [cabbage] [cabbage], but you have to admit, players at my level with an average offence (120cb) are going to see bosses as crap because they cant even have a chance to try it. and same goes for the next gen of runescape players.

I know High levels probably worked their arse off to get maxed (or botted), but that doesn't mean you have overall rights in how the game should function. Yes you deserve those kills, but so does every other player. Including those trying to learn to boss hunt so when they DO get good enough stats, they dont get raped or used but some lazy player who forces them to tank while they take the kill.

Its called EXCLUSIVE content. Either get the stats, or don't use it. I don't have every spirit shield. DAMN THOSE MERCHENTS IF THEY LOWERED THE PRICES I COULD HAVE ALL THE SHIELDS.

Life isn't far. Neither is RS. If you want a piece of the pie, you go train other places. Bandos isn't even good money. I do it for S&G.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP posted his life story on being a jerk to stroke his ego. lol.

Prove it/proof?

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Was watching a movie when my girlfriend said, "Lol, these two guys are trying to crash me at TDs." So I hopped on the other PC, grabbed a full inventory of Saradomin Brews and a few Prayer Potions and went and grabbed every TD in the world and brought them over.

Now the funny thing is they immediately said, "Nice lifes" (Good spelling / grammar to begin with). They sat there for a half hour to an hour saying, "Makes more sense for one to hop then two."

So my opinion is this:

In worlds were crashing is a must, that's fine. If I'm at Bandos and people stronger then me with chaotics come in, I understand and I leave. But at TDs where there is always an open world, lootshare or not, crashing is just being an arrogant [bleep].

:). They learned their lesson when they almost died multiple times. ^^. They didn't even hop... They sat there so long their unicorns left and they had to restock. Haha! Not that I cared, I was watching a movie while AFKing. =).

09144a99bb.png

Prove it/proof?

Every post you make I can see you did policy debate at some point or another.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Prove it/proof?

Every post you make I can see you did policy debate at some point or another.

Yes lol. I'm actually switching majors, most likely, to politics and governmental policy, with a focus on constitutional law.

To Wicked. If you are soloing on ANY ls world you ask to be crashed. Your GF should have changed worlds. In this case, I'd say the others were more right then her. First come first serve is of little importance.

Stonewall337.png

Was watching a movie when my girlfriend said, "Lol, these two guys are trying to crash me at TDs." So I hopped on the other PC, grabbed a full inventory of Saradomin Brews and a few Prayer Potions and went and grabbed every TD in the world and brought them over.

Now the funny thing is they immediately said, "Nice lifes" (Good spelling / grammar to begin with). They sat there for a half hour to an hour saying, "Makes more sense for one to hop then two."

So my opinion is this:

In worlds were crashing is a must, that's fine. If I'm at Bandos and people stronger then me with chaotics come in, I understand and I leave. But at TDs where there is always an open world, lootshare or not, crashing is just being an arrogant [bleep].

:). They learned their lesson when they almost died multiple times. ^^. They didn't even hop... They sat there so long their unicorns left and they had to restock. Haha! Not that I cared, I was watching a movie while AFKing. =).

crashing should only be done if you are the strongest. To a lower level/undergeared player its a waste of time to crash someone stronger then you.

Rofl you obvious never been to tds.

To Wicked. If you are soloing on ANY ls world you ask to be crashed. Your GF should have changed worlds. In this case, I'd say the others were more right then her. First come first serve is of little importance.

Maybe so, but with TDs, especially late at night on Wednesday, there is always an open LS world. They just ran up, didn't bother to even try to look for an open. =/

09144a99bb.png

Just a random story

Me and 2 of my friends were trio tribriding DKs, when this other trio of like...a level 118, 122, and 136 (with a torso, d skirt and glory) tried to crash us.

They get the first supreme kill they go for, simply because we weren't ready for crashers then, so they took it while we were killing rex. So they get the kill, and do the ever popular "OMG Drop@@!!@@! LOlOLO GF!@!@"

We say cool, we've gotten 2 zerkers (which wasn't a lie) and I say I have the money if they wanted proof, They respond with "How cure, they brought cash to lie"

They then proceed to try and crash us for a good 10 minutes...getting no kills, constantly saying "they mad, they mad", "we sniped archers, they so mad", "Lol, they try to talk trash, they mad"

I said a total of two lines...

my other friends literally said nothing.

This really doesn't add anything to this thread, I just thought it was a funny crash related occurrence.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

So my opinion is this:

crashing should only be done if you are the strongest. To a lower level/undergeared player its a waste of time to crash someone stronger then you.

That's pure and utter BS and you know it. Crashing seldom has anything to do with whether someone is higher level or better equipped. It entirely comes down to whether someone has a faster computer with a better connection.

Either way - it's plain rude.

nyuseg.png

That's pure and utter BS and you know it. Crashing seldom has anything to do with whether someone is higher level or better equipped. It entirely comes down to whether someone has a faster computer with a better connection.

Umm.. not really. You can beat people who are higher leveled and better geared than you. But that deals more with skill and timing and a lot less with internet connection. Unless you have like dial up or something.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Umm.. not really. You can beat people who are higher leveled and better geared than you. But that deals more with skill and timing and a lot less with internet connection. Unless you have like dial up or something.

There are very FEW people better equipped or higher leveled than I am -- the difference is that, when most monsters spawn, other players always see it before I do.

... and it's got EVERYTHING to do with internet connection -- because I live in Canuckistan.

Most people operating off cable or DSL, particularly in the U.S., have a faster d/l rate than the second rate cable/dsl we have in Canada. While my Cable provides a 6.4 mbps, most of those players in the U.S. are operating at 21+. It's even worse if you've got a piece of crap Bell DSL network.

Any noob with a half-decent internet connection is going to see the monster spawn before I do and will get the first attack.

Unless, of course, I bring a cannon along.

Regardless -- IT'S STILL RUDE! If you go to a movie and there is a line up -- do you walk to the front of the line? No? Why not?

If you're waiting for a table at a restaurant, do you step in front of everyone else and take the next available table? No? Why not?

nyuseg.png

I pretty much agree with this statement.

I do try a couple worlds for when I do kill things, but I do not wish to spend and hour to find a DK world. So I try a max of 4 worlds go back to the one with the weakest person/team and just take it for me.

To the comments on how is a low level supposed to make money when someone is crashing you? There has always been higher levels crashing lower levels. We persevered through it so can you. When your a lower level you just need to change your methods.

So my opinion is this:

I agree with this. Basically in a situation where crashing is inevitable, such as a very highly used area, it is acceptable as it would happen whatsoever. However, if somebody crashes due to lazyness, it is plain rude. The internet does not mean you can be rude to whomever you like. Just because you have levels does not mean you have the right to be rude to whomever you like. Levels do not make you a better person than somebody else. Having the politeness to let somebody kill something in peace does make you a better person.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

There are very FEW people better equipped or higher leveled than I am -- the difference is that, when most monsters spawn, other players always see it before I do.

... and it's got EVERYTHING to do with internet connection -- because I live in Canuckistan.

Most people operating off cable or DSL, particularly in the U.S., have a faster d/l rate than the second rate cable/dsl we have in Canada. While my Cable provides a 6.4 mbps, most of those players in the U.S. are operating at 21+. It's even worse if you've got a piece of crap Bell DSL network.

Any noob with a half-decent internet connection is going to see the monster spawn before I do and will get the first attack.

So...since it happens to you, that means it happens to everyone?

Most of the places where people crash are MULTICOMBAT, we are talking about crashing BOSSES, like TORMENTED DEMONS, and BANDOS. We ARE NOT talking about crashing hill giants.

Crashing has everything to do with better stats and gear. Just because connection plays a role for a tiny portion of people, doesn't mean it's entirely based on connection.

If I'm soloing bandos with a CR, Ovl, Turmoil and yak, and you come in with a whip, super sets, piety and a tortoise, your connection isn't going to do you any good other than maybe getting the first hit.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

So...since it happens to you, that means it happens to everyone?

Most of the places where people crash are MULTICOMBAT, we are talking about crashing BOSSES, like TORMENTED DEMONS, and BANDOS. We ARE NOT talking about crashing hill giants.

Crashing has everything to do with better stats and gear. Just because connection plays a role for a tiny portion of people, doesn't mean it's entirely based on connection.

If I'm soloing bandos with a CR, Ovl, Turmoil and yak, and you come in with a whip, super sets, piety and a tortoise, your connection isn't going to do you any good other than maybe getting the first hit.

Actually -- no, you're talking out of your backside and you know it.

A similarly equipped player crashing me at a Boss Kill is going to get in his licks before I do. If two or more people show up, then I am lucky to make one hit before the boss is usually dead, or so far beaten down that I am not going to make enough damage to get the drop.

Oh -- and nice work ignoring the latter part of the discussion there. Really classy.

I guess you don't care if you're rude to other people -- particularly "on the Internet", because you're invisible and therefore invulnerable to that criteria which is required to function as a real human being.

What you don't see is how this crap continues to pay forward. Your rude behaviour only encourages more people to behave in likewise fashion. Eventually -- and Runescape is coming to this point in a hurry -- you end up with a gaming environment where everyone is rude, crass, vulgar and annoying and the games ceases to be of any enjoyment for anyone.

But hey -- what do YOU care -- you got those 30 extra gold pieces ahead of someone else, right? Right?

nyuseg.png

is it odd that i don't care if others are rude, crass, or vulgar? i don't play this game to meet nice people.

i play for fun which, more often than not, for me involves pummeling the crap out of tough monsters and forcing them to unhand their valuables.

is it odd that i don't care if others are rude, crass, or vulgar? i don't play this game to meet nice people.

i play for fun which, more often than not, for me involves pummeling the crap out of tough monsters and forcing them to unhand their valuables.

.. and the whole world revolves around just you, does it?

nyuseg.png

If you go to a movie and there is a line up -- do you walk to the front of the line? No? Why not?

If you're waiting for a table at a restaurant, do you step in front of everyone else and take the next available table? No? Why not?

If you're at an auction, do you refrain from bidding because someone else already put in a bid? No? Why not?

If you're auditioning for a part in a play, do you back out because someone else is trying out for that part already? No? Why not?

Or, alternately:

If you go to a movie and there is a line up -- do you walk to the front of the line? No? Why not?

Exactly, it's rude to push people out of a spot, so if someone crashes you, the polite thing to do is to step aside and give them their turn. After all, if there's a long line behind you at the drinking fountain, it would be rude to stand there sipping for ten minutes while everyone else is waiting.

The reason I didn't quote the part about it being rude, was because that's been stated many many many times already in this thread, I felt no need to go through it yet again. I was merely pointing out how much of a minority you seem to be in this situation, do you honestly think there's many people out there with as crap of an internet as you seem to have? VERY RARELY is a faster connection going to get you kills over a maxed player using the best gear, unless you're the same as well.

.. and the whole world revolves around just you, does it?

And you saying that since connection affects you, it MUST affect everyone else at bosses as well isn't revolving around yourself?

Btw, I like how you call me rude, but if you were to read through the thread, you would know how against crashing I really am in most situations. Nice assumptions your making.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

If you're at an auction, do you refrain from bidding because someone else already put in a bid? No? Why not?

If you're auditioning for a part in a play, do you back out because someone else is trying out for that part already? No? Why not?

Or, alternately:

Exactly, it's rude to push people out of a spot, so if someone crashes you, the polite thing to do is to step aside and give them their turn. After all, if there's a long line behind you at the drinking fountain, it would be rude to stand there sipping for ten minutes while everyone else is waiting.

Ah yes -- how silly of me. It's ALL about YOU, isn't it?

It's about what YOU want, right? YOU must come FIRST before EVERYONE ELSE, because goodness knows that YOU are more important than the world at large, right?

Is this what civilization is reduced to? The point where self-indulgence takes precedence over decent human behaviour, and then gloats over it?

If so, then we're in one sad situation ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Or, alternately:

I would like to challenge your bijection.

Firstly everybody needs food. Nobody needs to hunt bosses.

In real life, the degree to which you will put food to use is not measured by your ability to cut in line.

Whereas your ability to hunt bosses is related (maybe not directly) to your ability to crash.

Nobody benefits from you eating food.

People benefit when you hunt bosses

Because somebody, somewhere, wants a godsword or a claw.

Such a people would benefit to have a higher level player/team hunt a boss.

Naaxi.png