TheAncient

An Elitist's View on Crashing

i would make a merchant clan that buys out all bandos armors, and have members of my clan monopolize the bandos spawns? i guess lol.

edit: no crashing is an unstable equilibrium, so since there are no incentives preventing an individual from switching to the dominant strategy, the correct answer to your question is: "if no one crashed in any worlds, someone would crash".

i would make a merchant clan that buys out all bandos armors, and have members of my clan monopolize the bandos spawns? i guess lol.

edit: no crashing is an unstable equilibrium, so since there are no incentives preventing an individual from switching to the dominant strategy, the correct answer to your question is: "if no one crashed in any worlds, someone would crash".

Nash Equilibrium, no matter what the other person does or thinks of you it's best to crash than not to crash.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10

99 Defense since 3/14/11 99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11

99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11 99 Prayer since 11/15/11

99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14

99 Fishing since 2/4/14 99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14

99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14 99 Fletching since 11/11/14

99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Its like crashing someone in runescape.

In other words, [cabbage] happens.

Arrogant trolls should have over 1300+ total level.

OT: Crashing for a limited resource is fine. Crashing "for lols" is just stupid.

How is it arrogant?

I've come to accept that this game has competition involved, and that each player has been crashed, or has been the crasher, at some point in there RS lives.

Its simply the way the game works. Most skills, and combat, work on "limited" resources.

--------------------

Also i love how you picked on total level, having an opinion has no level requirement. One shouldn't have to waste ones life away on useless 99's in order to have an opinion on the game.

O.O

People seem to assert there are no reasons to crash. That's simply untrue, unfounded and false. You either crash, or don't take a spot at some places. Goodluck getting a world at Bandos at peak hours if you don't crash.

EDIT - Well, seeing as previous posts were removed.. I'll remove the first part of my post

Okay. Arguing in circles doesn't work.

Discussion; If no one crashed any worlds on RuneScape, what would happen? To the Economy, to the society, to PvM and to gameplay in general.

Society would become less catty because less incidence of flaming and hassolish behavior

PvM would become a huge pain because of inability to find worlds and having to hop forever. Profitability will be heavily influenced by competition, so you'll probably see a lot more people making money in alternative ways.

The effect on item prices would be hard to say, and depends on the context.

For situations where the worlds are already saturated and have one person killing almost all the time (i.e. Bandos), less Bandos items would be coming into the game so supply decreases. For situations where the worlds aren't already saturated, they will probably become more saturated, increasing supply.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Okay. Arguing in circles doesn't work.

Discussion; If no one crashed any worlds on RuneScape, what would happen? To the Economy, to the society, to PvM and to gameplay in general.

Society would become less catty because less incidence of flaming and hassolish behavior

PvM would become a huge pain because of inability to find worlds and having to hop forever. Profitability will be heavily influenced by competition, so you'll probably see a lot more people making money in alternative ways.

The effect on item prices would be hard to say, and depends on the context.

For situations where the worlds are already saturated and have one person killing almost all the time (i.e. Bandos), less Bandos items would be coming into the game so supply decreases. For situations where the worlds aren't already saturated, they will probably become more saturated, increasing supply.

No to less catty, someone sitting there will still say hurry up and leave so i can kill even if they arent going to outright steal the kill.

PvM would be a pain and people would make money elsewhere (likely in equally competitive ways such as rune mining)

The same quantity of bandos items would be created as we can assume someone will jump in as the other person leaves regardless

just my theory anyways :shades:

The same quantity of bandos items would be created as we can assume someone will jump in as the other person leaves regardless

No, at the moment you already have high level players on every world (because many of them have to crash). If there wasn't crashing, less efficient players would hog worlds, so you'd still have people there 24/7, but the number of kills would significantly decrease.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

No, at the moment you already have high level players on every world (because many of them have to crash). If there wasn't crashing, less efficient players would hog worlds, so you'd still have people there 24/7, but the number of kills would significantly decrease.

But what about those with half decent stats who either want to kill Bosses for fun or to just collect one piece of equipment to help pay for something? Yeah I know Crashing happens, you leveled your stats yatta yatta [cabbage] [cabbage] [cabbage], but you have to admit, players at my level with an average offence (120cb) are going to see bosses as crap because they cant even have a chance to try it. and same goes for the next gen of runescape players.

I know High levels probably worked their arse off to get maxed (or botted), but that doesn't mean you have overall rights in how the game should function. Yes you deserve those kills, but so does every other player. Including those trying to learn to boss hunt so when they DO get good enough stats, they dont get raped or used but some lazy player who forces them to tank while they take the kill.

Popoto.~<3

I know High levels probably worked their arse off to get maxed (or botted), but that doesn't mean you have overall rights in how the game should function. Yes you deserve those kills, but so does every other player. Including those trying to learn to boss hunt so when they DO get good enough stats, they dont get raped or used but some lazy player who forces them to tank while they take the kill.

Seeing as Jagex themselves have come out and said that people should "Get big or get out", and that there are a limited number of boss spawns per world I would say that, yeah, high levelled players do have overall rights in how the game should function.

But what about those with half decent stats who either want to kill Bosses for fun or to just collect one piece of equipment to help pay for something? Yeah I know Crashing happens, you leveled your stats yatta yatta [cabbage] [cabbage] [cabbage], but you have to admit, players at my level with an average offence (120cb) are going to see bosses as crap because they cant even have a chance to try it. and same goes for the next gen of runescape players.

All of your concerns have been responded to in this thread. Do a little reading.

Also, what SirHartlar said.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Not to sound mean, but...

Even in the real world, opinions are opinions are opinions. Everyone has them and feels like they should have weight. But they don't really matter unless you have the power to enforce them. One example would be how blizzard/activision treats its players. At least in the short run, they can farm as much profit off of their players as they want, even if it's morally and ethically bankrupt to do so, and get plenty of crap for it.

Fundamentally, we just have two opposing opinions. You say that the person who gets there first deserves the spot. I say the person who can utilize the spot more efficiently deserves the spot. Both are opinions, but we're the ones who have the power to make the final decision. Most other argument is just rationalization of opinion - neither holds any fundamental truth.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Its called EXCLUSIVE content. Either get the stats, or don't use it. I don't have every spirit shield. DAMN THOSE MERCHENTS IF THEY LOWERED THE PRICES I COULD HAVE ALL THE SHIELDS.

Life isn't far. Neither is RS. If you want a piece of the pie, you go train other places. Bandos isn't even good money. I do it for S&G.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

OP posted his life story on being a jerk to stroke his ego. lol.

Current Goal: all skills 60+

Completed Goals:99 fishing[sept 4th, 09]

Grayy_Goose.png

Prove it/proof?

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Was watching a movie when my girlfriend said, "Lol, these two guys are trying to crash me at TDs." So I hopped on the other PC, grabbed a full inventory of Saradomin Brews and a few Prayer Potions and went and grabbed every TD in the world and brought them over.

Now the funny thing is they immediately said, "Nice lifes" (Good spelling / grammar to begin with). They sat there for a half hour to an hour saying, "Makes more sense for one to hop then two."

So my opinion is this:

In worlds were crashing is a must, that's fine. If I'm at Bandos and people stronger then me with chaotics come in, I understand and I leave. But at TDs where there is always an open world, lootshare or not, crashing is just being an arrogant [bleep].

:). They learned their lesson when they almost died multiple times. ^^. They didn't even hop... They sat there so long their unicorns left and they had to restock. Haha! Not that I cared, I was watching a movie while AFKing. =).

09144a99bb.png

Did they almost all died at different times???

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Prove it/proof?

Every post you make I can see you did policy debate at some point or another.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Prove it/proof?

Yes lol. I'm actually switching majors, most likely, to politics and governmental policy, with a focus on constitutional law.

To Wicked. If you are soloing on ANY ls world you ask to be crashed. Your GF should have changed worlds. In this case, I'd say the others were more right then her. First come first serve is of little importance.

Stonewall337.png

Was watching a movie when my girlfriend said, "Lol, these two guys are trying to crash me at TDs." So I hopped on the other PC, grabbed a full inventory of Saradomin Brews and a few Prayer Potions and went and grabbed every TD in the world and brought them over.

Now the funny thing is they immediately said, "Nice lifes" (Good spelling / grammar to begin with). They sat there for a half hour to an hour saying, "Makes more sense for one to hop then two."

So my opinion is this:

In worlds were crashing is a must, that's fine. If I'm at Bandos and people stronger then me with chaotics come in, I understand and I leave. But at TDs where there is always an open world, lootshare or not, crashing is just being an arrogant [bleep].

:). They learned their lesson when they almost died multiple times. ^^. They didn't even hop... They sat there so long their unicorns left and they had to restock. Haha! Not that I cared, I was watching a movie while AFKing. =).

crashing should only be done if you are the strongest. To a lower level/undergeared player its a waste of time to crash someone stronger then you.

Prove it/proof?

Whats teh warrant

So my opinion is this:

crashing should only be done if you are the strongest. To a lower level/undergeared player its a waste of time to crash someone stronger then you.

Rofl you obvious never been to tds.

To Wicked. If you are soloing on ANY ls world you ask to be crashed. Your GF should have changed worlds. In this case, I'd say the others were more right then her. First come first serve is of little importance.

Maybe so, but with TDs, especially late at night on Wednesday, there is always an open LS world. They just ran up, didn't bother to even try to look for an open. =/

09144a99bb.png

Just a random story

Me and 2 of my friends were trio tribriding DKs, when this other trio of like...a level 118, 122, and 136 (with a torso, d skirt and glory) tried to crash us.

They get the first supreme kill they go for, simply because we weren't ready for crashers then, so they took it while we were killing rex. So they get the kill, and do the ever popular "OMG [email protected]@[email protected]@! LOlOLO [email protected][email protected]"

We say cool, we've gotten 2 zerkers (which wasn't a lie) and I say I have the money if they wanted proof, They respond with "How cure, they brought cash to lie"

They then proceed to try and crash us for a good 10 minutes...getting no kills, constantly saying "they mad, they mad", "we sniped archers, they so mad", "Lol, they try to talk trash, they mad"

I said a total of two lines...

my other friends literally said nothing.

This really doesn't add anything to this thread, I just thought it was a funny crash related occurrence.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

So my opinion is this:

That's pure and utter BS and you know it. Crashing seldom has anything to do with whether someone is higher level or better equipped. It entirely comes down to whether someone has a faster computer with a better connection.

Either way - it's plain rude.

nyuseg.png