An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I find that the person with the highest stats wins the spot, as in IRL the person with the better skills wins the spot.

so because I'm a better welder than you probably are, I am fully entitled the right to push you of the piece you're working on and trying to learn how to do?

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png

Penguin rule no. 1 – When two Runescape players are contesting for the same spot, the one with the lowest level of emotional maturity will always win.

Penguin rule no. 2 – When two people are competing in real life for items of importance, the one with the highest level of emotional maturity will always win.

Penguin result no. 1 – Being lonely and unemployed, the emotionally immature will have plenty of time while living in their parent’s basement to practice their skills on Runescape.

Facepalm. Because being good at RuneScape means you have no life. Go back to the RSOF. This is for people with an IQ about 12.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I disagree. I find that the person with the highest stats wins the spot, as in IRL the person with the better skills wins the spot.

so because I'm a better welder than you probably are, I am fully entitled the right to push you of the piece you're working on and trying to learn how to do?

No but you are entitled to adequately compete for the building contract that is on offer as you can do a better job than he can.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

No but you are entitled to adequately compete for the building contract that is on offer as you can do a better job than he can.

ooo, speak of the Devil.

lol but u can lern to do the boss with a team

level 105-130 shouldn't be soloing anyway

And why, pray tell, not?

Because of most of them suck at soloing, resulting in getting crashed by higher level players who can do it much better. This leads to newbies hating on higher level players for being better than them. The lack of free servers isn't because there is a level 138 with turm/ovl/claws/CLS/steel titan at every single server, the problem is that every newbie thinks they are entitled an empty server, and if anyone were to crash them they are lowlifes/live in basements/etcetc.

All we(elites) are saying is that noone, even us, is entitled an empty server- if you want something, you have to work/fight for it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Anyone who crashes is a jerkface, they should feel very guilty in RS for doing so. By crashing you convert the weaker player to become a jerkface too, sooner or later some jerkface will crash you and since your a jerkface, you are now an idiot. This only applies to solos MH, gathering, slaying etc.

You people are not elite, just people who spend more your life playing a game longer than others.

Teams on the other hand.......

Anyone who crashes is a jerkface, they should feel very guilty in RS for doing so. By crashing you convert the weaker player to become a jerkface too, sooner or later some jerkface will crash you and since your a jerkface, you are now an idiot. This only applies to solos MH, gathering, slaying etc.

You people are not elite, just people who spend more your life playing a game longer than others.

There are simply too many people at most bosses for this reasoning to be realistic. The only "boss" I ever do is KBD on slayer task, and the only reason I do it is because of the 15% bonus I gain over those with overloads/steel titans. If you want to make money off bosses, you should get your stats higher. If you want to have fun doing bosses, go team in a non-ls world.

ZMFg2.jpg

Well, I have this crazy idea of treating others the way you would like to be treated yourself. If you want to play a game where the bullies rule, then be a bully yourself. If you want to play a game where politeness and consideration for others rule, be polite and considerate.

Crashing is the way of the school-yard bully, the lout, the lazy and the unimaginative. Maybe you were small, skinny kid who was pushed around on the playground and crashing is you way of getting even - of getting your power back. Go ahead, do so if you must. But the emotional mindset of the crasher is the very mindset that will be a great hindrance in real life. Try to hold a job or develop a personnel relationship by such rude behavior and see how far that gets you.

Behavior is in part a habit, and behavior on Runescape, although it is just a game, is still forming habits. So, the next time you arrive at a crowed spot you covet and are tempted to just force your way in, ask yourself this: What kind of son, daughter, friend, father or mother do I want to be?

I lol'ed at how obvious it was that you only read the title of the thread.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Well, I have this crazy idea of treating others the way you would like to be treated yourself. If you want to play a game where the bullies rule, then be a bully yourself. If you want to play a game where politeness and consideration for others rule, be polite and considerate.

Crashing is the way of the school-yard bully, the lout, the lazy and the unimaginative. Maybe you were small, skinny kid who was pushed around on the playground and crashing is you way of getting even - of getting your power back. Go ahead, do so if you must. But the emotional mindset of the crasher is the very mindset that will be a great hindrance in real life. Try to hold a job or develop a personnel relationship by such rude behavior and see how far that gets you.

Behavior is in part a habit, and behavior on Runescape, although it is just a game, is still forming habits. So, the next time you arrive at a crowed spot you covet and are tempted to just force your way in, ask yourself this: What kind of son, daughter, friend, father or mother do I want to be?

What a touching sentiment. I suppose you also believe that all American football players are bad people because they like to tackle others? If a guy is a sociopath for competing against other people in an online game, I wonder what that makes anyone who participates in a sport IRL. Surely they should be locked up for life! MONSTERS!

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

And here I was thinking we exhaustively deconstructed the exact same analogy, ten pages ago. -_-

Because crashing if active while being crashed is passive. To make of someone's analogy earlier, if one Kid A pushes another Kid B off the swing because Kid A is bigger then Kid B, then should Kid B go and lift weights until he's bigger then Kid A (Or Kid C or D or E or F or...) and return the favor?

Okay, I can play the analogy game. Are you a victim if I outbid you in an auction? Are you a victim if we apply for the same job and I get hired over you because I'm better-qualified and have more experience? Are you a victim if we play Magic: the Gathering and I win because I have a better deck than you? :razz:

Like I said - social expectations depend situationally:

If I were a boot camp trainer and I was mean to a trainee, and they broke down because of my harshness, did I do something socially wrong? Not really. In that scenario we expect the boot camp trainer to be mean. I'm just doing my job, and I wouldn't change anything about what I did - because society as a whole would agree with me.

The point of the analogy is to highlight that whether or not you're supposed to be "nice" to people depends on your expectations of the context. I'm claiming you shouldn't expect people to be nice to you on an MMO. Furthermore, there's nothing wrong with not being nice to people on an MMO. That is, of course, unless you know them in real life, because then your relationship is totally different.

Using your analogy of random people on the street: If I'm about to go to a job interview but am running late, and a guy in front of me called for the same taxi I called for just a few seconds later, I would have no regrets fighting for that taxi seat because I feel I deserve the taxi more than him.

Am I disrespecting the other person? Not really. Am I being malicious? No. Am I being nice? No. I'm just doing what I think is best for me in the situation, and in that specific context (a random street corner) it's generally socially acceptable to do so. Call it selfish, but I don't think it's a problem when the other people are rando's. The same attitude pervades, for example, NYC, and I don't really see why it's a problem.

However, say I'm on vacation in a popular tourist area. Most of the vacationers' expectations are to have a nice trip and not really to be bothered. Maybe even have one or two amicable conversations with another tourist. In those cases, the social expectation is for you to be nice and friendly. In those cases, butting in and taking someone's taxi is out of societal expectations, and in those cases you are in the wrong.

Again: I'm not advocating to be nonsensically mean to someone, because that ends up bothering you and is a mess to deal with.

There's a race being held with a cash price of $100. One person sees the advertisement, and enters the race. I show up to register after him. I am a much faster runner, and we both know this. Is it unethical for me to enter the race, given that he was there first? By your logic I should opt not to contest because it would be pushing him off the proverbial swing because I want the prize.

Coming from the guy who crashed me at abby demons a year ago I LAUGHED out loud.

Actually, I probably played less then most 138's, I'm just VERY efficient. 55k xp/hr including the time I took to do all quests/ get all minigame sets (Except BA) says high.

And the only excuse those against crashing have is:

1.) Its rude (Debatable at best, just wrong otherwise, I've had other 138's give up their spot to me at TDs since I was using a titan)

2.) First come first serve is an absolute rule of "Owning" a spot.

Without either showing I am wrong, or presenting another reason against crashing (Calling people jerkfaces doesn't count, thats not a real argument)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

So this thread made me remember that people are pretty irrational. Don't take that an insult, I'm just making an observation.

Anyway, OT:

I heard a really apt quote about treating people in RS PvP:

"Honor gets you killed"

So, the next time you arrive at a crowed spot you covet and are tempted to just force your way in, ask yourself this: What kind of son, daughter, friend, father or mother do I want to be?

One who will fight for what he wants, regardless of limitations

BdxXi.jpg

^ Is this what people think of crashers? To them, I would lol.

Just because someone crashes you doesn't mean they're a jackface egotistical low life... that's just you raging

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Well, I have this crazy idea of treating others the way you would like to be treated yourself.

Is having to hop to 10, 20, even 30 worlds to try and find an empty one (possibly more considering the popularity of some bosses), really how you would like to be treated yourself?

Just because you were there first does not give you ownership. Infact i could just go off and say that you have already had your turn, and thus it should be mine now, its only fair. :thumbup:

[Equally stupid logic] So the next time your hogging a boss spot, and someone hops only to see you there, and you don't give up your spot despite the fact that you have already had your turn, ask yourself, what kind of husband do you want to be? [/Equally stupid logic]

O.O

Well, I have this crazy idea of treating others the way you would like to be treated yourself.

Errm, isn't that the point of the thread? Since there isn't enough pie for everyone to share, elitist believe that first comes-first served isn't how they like to be treated. They like to fight for the spot, and really, if they beat someone else out of the spot, great, you've just saved yourself a lot of time in looking for an empty server. At the same time, if anyone of us were to get crashed, we wouldn't just come here and cry about it, we like to compete for a spot, and if we lose, well, better luck next time, just go find a new server. Most of us can't play rs for an infinite time every day, so there is no reason really to waste your time just to be nice to someone you don't know- after all, there is no guarantee they will be nice to you.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Errm, isn't that the point of the thread? Since there isn't enough pie for everyone to share, elitist believe that first comes-first served isn't how they like to be treated. They like to fight for the spot, and really, if they beat someone else out of the spot, great, you've just saved yourself a lot of time in looking for an empty server. At the same time, if anyone of us were to get crashed, we wouldn't just come here and cry about it, we like to compete for a spot, and if we lose, well, better luck next time, just go find a new server. Most of us can't play rs for an infinite time every day, so there is no reason really to waste your time just to be nice to someone you don't know- after all, there is no guarantee they will be nice to you.

this

• 1 month later...

I believe this topic deserves bumping in light of the recent discussion of "Efficiency of Crashing" in the Efficiency thread. In response to the OP; I agree mostly with what's said. "Earning the right to crash people" is phrased a little... wrong. Everyone has the same rights to crash others, it's more about ability to, and how you think about it.

The logic used doesn't suit every situation, though. It would be quite silly to crash someone at Rock Crabs for example, because there isn't much benefit of doing so, compared to not crashing.