An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

Hmmm...so when I get maxed I can be a [lower appendage] to everyone?

Riiiiiiight.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riiiiiiight.

i was tribriding dks a couple weeks ago in a 500 pop (VERY low - read as highly undesirable for solo maging) world, and a level 110 came in (after i was already in the room!) and started attacking rex with earth wave. obviously i was outhitting him because i was using ice barrage, as well as sol, arcane stream, and full slayer helmet (none of which he had). he then complained that i should let him kill rex. this is not a one time occurance: today, two players tried to kill the rex in the world i was using AT THE SAME TIME. there were literally three of us shooting rex - but i digress.

lower levels crash too. they just generally suck too much to succeed.

this thread completely ignores the observational bias of crashing - you only remember getting crashed by high levels because they are the only ones that actually steal* the kills from you. the level 110 is just a "noob" that will be your meatshield at graardor etc.

edit:

*not like you own the monster, but "kill stealing" is a fairly common colloquialism in all the MMOs i have played so i feel it's okay to use it here.

So the next time your hogging a boss spot, and someone hops only to see you there, and you don't give up your spot despite the fact that you have already had your turn, ask yourself, what kind of husband do you want to be?

Husband

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

So the next time your hogging a boss spot, and someone hops only to see you there, and you don't give up your spot despite the fact that you have already had your turn, ask yourself, what kind of husband do you want to be?

Husband

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

Rofl.

But seriously, this is why I slay on quick chat worlds, I rarely find anyone in most of the populated slaying areas.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Riiiiiiight.

No need to wait. You can start right now if you're so excited. There's no rule that says you have to be high-level to crash people.

Hmm. "Is it morally right to anti-crash crashers with a large team of maxed players with maxed gear?"

If you look at this from the "best economic choice for the greater good" perspective:

Depends on what those anti-crash crashers would do in their time if they weren't crashing. In other words what's the opportunity cost of them anti-crashing? Usually it's low because they're noobs and they don't really produce anything of worth

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Flawless logic. We're humans, and we come from a species that is almost comprehensively not nice to each other. Hell, the seemingly altruistic "do unto others..." demands reciprocation, so it's not like anyone can expect you to be nice to them. And if you have more or less maxed combat and equipment, it's not like anyone can stop you.

You want stuff, and you're prepared to do whatever it takes - i.e. barge in and overpower everyone else - to get it. Fair enough. I personally disagree with that philosophy, and look where it's got me.

But the question is... do you really want to be thought of in a similar light to the United States?

But the question is... do you really want to be thought of in a similar light to the United States?

i, and many others, really don't care what some person in a VIDEO GAME thinks about me.

i don't cause any harm to them, either, so i can sleep fine at night.

The find another world argument would be like saying find another job. And my response to that would basically be "U mad?"

Nah, i'd say it's more like saying "get demoted"

Because you aren't changing what you do, you're just settling for a lower position (if you actually did hop)

Finding another job would be to go to another boss/monster

[/smartassing]

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

The find another world argument would be like saying find another job. And my response to that would basically be "U mad?"

Because you aren't changing what you do, you're just settling for a lower position (if you actually did hop)

[/smartassing]

Actually, it's more like going to a public park and chasing people away from the picnic table you prefer because you have the arrogance & the muscle. It's sociopathic and indefensible in either case, but people will do whatever they can get away with.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

[/smartassing]

Actually, it's more like going to a public park and chasing people away from the picnic table you prefer because you have the arrogance & the muscle. It's sociopathic and indefensible in either case, but people will do whatever they can get away with.

People don't make a living sitting at picnic benches, FYI. Your analogy is terrible.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

[/smartassing]

People don't make a living sitting at picnic benches, FYI. Your analogy is terrible.

As opposed to claiming Runescape is like a job or a career? :lol: But I will consider your criticism and offer a more apt example:

It's like going to an amusement park - where everyone pays admission - and then elbowing your way to the front of the queue for popular rides and riding them again and again and again...

Ill-mannered, inconsiderate, sociopathic - I stand by every adjective.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

It's like going to an amusement park - where everyone pays admission - and then elbowing your way to the front of the queue for popular rides and riding them again and again and again...

Ill-mannered, inconsiderate, sociopathic - I stand by every adjective.

No, it's like winning an auction because you have a higher bid. It's like winning the pink teddy bear because you popped the balloon before the other guy. It's like applying for a job and getting the position because you're better-qualified than the other applicants.

We can play the analogy game all day long.

I'm really sick of this thread. This entire page is an exact copy of pretty much every page before it.

"Crashing is sociopathic (Obtaurian's note: anyone who claims that crashing is akin sociopathic behavior needs to take an introductory psychology course)."

"No, it's necessary due to the limited number of non-LS worlds, abundance of competition, and the lack of variety in boss monsters."

"WELL YOU'RE JUST A MEANIE HEAD!!1@@"

And so on and so forth.

dgs5.jpg

Well if your going to crash then thats your own problem. No rules against it.

All crashing show is you have loss of character.

If someone crashes me or tries crashing I just hop, because its a GAME, and idc about being efficient and getting the most xp/hr. Some people play RS for enjoyment you know.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

All crashing show is you have loss of character.

No, it's necessary due to the limited number of non-LS worlds, abundance of competition, and the lack of variety in boss monsters.

Where does character come into play?

dgs5.jpg

Yes.

Then keep doin' exactly what you're doin'.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying that it's not my thing. If I'm slaying and the monster area is already supporting the maximum number of people, I'll hop, because I personally don't enjoy causing people frustration. I can see how the idea of overpowering and forcing someone's actions could be fun, so more power to you :D

Yes.

Then keep doin' exactly what you're doin'.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying that it's not my thing. If I'm slaying and the monster area is already supporting the maximum number of people, I'll hop, because I personally don't enjoy causing people frustration. I can see how the idea of overpowering and forcing someone's actions could be fun, so more power to you :D

Crashing slayer spots is a bit different because not all of them are multi. You can't really crash anything in Kuradal's dungeon, so it's best to hop there. On the other hand, a level 110 slaying dust devils on a high population world is fair game. As stated multiple (read: a few thousand) times in this thread, crashing is not about fun - it's about efficiency.

As an aside, my response to your original question was facetious.

dgs5.jpg