An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up on the receiving end up a "fun crasher" earlier today at TDs. I was there trioing, and this soloer comes along and even though we weren't bothering his spawns at all, and without any provocation he decides to start attacking our spawns. He was using a Chaotic Maul and Hand Cannon, with Dragon Halberd specs. Sadly, he ended up getting about half of the kills because the RNG favored him with multiple 650+ hits, so I lured all the demons in the area to him and then my team and I teleported. :twisted: I hope he died. Such a fate is deserving of everybody who crashes purely for lulz.

And that was on a LS world? Wow, he had some balls to crash a trio (I'm assuming you were each using a different combat style with extremes and maxed gear?). I know you said the RNG favored him, but was there anything else he was doing could've contributed? Was he using a steel titan and overloads?

Td crashing is all about anticipating the TD's prayer switches. as long as you can hit above 300 often you can crash pretty well

It was two range/melee hybs (me and another guy) and a dedicated mage. The guy who crashed was using a pony and extremes + turm. He was obviously quite experienced at TDs, as his switches were much better than ours, which was probably the reason why he won on several kills. Kudos for him for being more skilled than we were, but crashing a trio when they weren't bothering your spot at all is still a [bleep] move.

That's pretty crazy. Yeah, crashing a LS world is pretty unnecessary, especially at TDs.

I'm absolutely positive that someone is going to jump on this and say "oh look the high levels who love crashing are complaining about being crashed! HYPOCRITES!" When crashing TDs or DKs (and even Bandos if you tele out while tanking Graar), you accept the possibility that the person you're crashing will attempt to get you killed. This is why crashing Bandos is so much more common than anywhere else.

Also, TDs are the most pointless boss to crash. There's very little to gain and a whole lot to lose by crashing.

agreed

Not really. Would you rather solo or have 3 other people helping you while still getting the loot? Its actually a very good strategy. Whenever I get Tzharr tasks and I don't have supplies for Jad, I'll hop to a busy world like W2 and get last hits on things and get noobs to tank for me.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I ended up on the receiving end up a "fun crasher" earlier today at TDs. I was there trioing, and this soloer comes along and even though we weren't bothering his spawns at all, and without any provocation he decides to start attacking our spawns. He was using a Chaotic Maul and Hand Cannon, with Dragon Halberd specs. Sadly, he ended up getting about half of the kills because the RNG favored him with multiple 650+ hits, so I lured all the demons in the area to him and then my team and I teleported. :twisted: I hope he died. Such a fate is deserving of everybody who crashes purely for lulz.

And that was on a LS world? Wow, he had some balls to crash a trio (I'm assuming you were each using a different combat style with extremes and maxed gear?). I know you said the RNG favored him, but was there anything else he was doing could've contributed? Was he using a steel titan and overloads?

Td crashing is all about anticipating the TD's prayer switches. as long as you can hit above 300 often you can crash pretty well

It was two range/melee hybs (me and another guy) and a dedicated mage. The guy who crashed was using a pony and extremes + turm. He was obviously quite experienced at TDs, as his switches were much better than ours, which was probably the reason why he won on several kills. Kudos for him for being more skilled than we were, but crashing a trio when they weren't bothering your spot at all is still a [bleep] move.

That's pretty crazy. Yeah, crashing a LS world is pretty unnecessary, especially at TDs.

I'm absolutely positive that someone is going to jump on this and say "oh look the high levels who love crashing are complaining about being crashed! HYPOCRITES!" When crashing TDs or DKs (and even Bandos if you tele out while tanking Graar), you accept the possibility that the person you're crashing will attempt to get you killed. This is why crashing Bandos is so much more common than anywhere else.

Also, TDs are the most pointless boss to crash. There's very little to gain and a whole lot to lose by crashing.

agreed

Not really. Would you rather solo or have 3 other people helping you while still getting the loot? Its actually a very good strategy. Whenever I get Tzharr tasks and I don't have supplies for Jad, I'll hop to a busy world like W2 and get last hits on things and get noobs to tank for me.

But most often, you won't beat out a trio when soloing, and it is quite easy to get somebody killed at TDs if you lure every spawn over to them. Of all the lucrative bosses, crashing TDs is the least efficient.

td2sig.jpg

td wont get as busy cuz they need a tonnn of quest =P and they are tedious to solo....bandos however u just tank and kill

TDs are the easiest of the major bosses to solo. Quests are the reason claw prices are high--- the majority of MHers are like "[bleep] quests."

td2sig.jpg

My opinion on crashing is this. Everyones been crashed at some point and it's a major pain espescially if your not soloing. And it makes you feel inferior to the crashers. So when you have "earned" the right to crash someone why would you purposely make them feel like this? I get it's motivation to them but if getting crashed is really the motivation that makes them put all the work into making a great pvm account that's a horrible reason to play rs.

Click here for all the good stuff

[hide]Drops: 2x Basilisk Head 1x KBD Heads 1x Bando's Tasset (FFA) 45x D Boots 1x D Legs 1x D Med 1x Visage (Fd) 40+Effigy 4x Whip 3x Claws 4x Elite Clues

Barrows: 1x Karil's Top 2x Ahrim's Top 1x Guthan's Spear 1x Guthan's Skirt 1x Karil's X bow 1x Verac's Brassard 1x D Med 1x Guthan's Platebody 1x Karil's Coif 1x Torag's Hammers

Corp: 1x Arcane Split 1x Missed Arcane

DK: 6x Zerker 2x Warrior 8x Hatchet 1x Seercul 2x Mud Staff 2x Seers 4x Archer

Achievements:

99 Attack 6/20/10 101,194th 99 Cooking 7/20/10 122,253rd 99 Magic 9/7/10 71,666th 99 HP 9/9/10 101,964th

99 Range 11/6/10 74,927th 99 Strength 11/7/10 164,778th 99 Defence 12/5/10 92,351st 2,100 Total 11/25/10

Firecape 8/3/10 Extremes 8/14/10 Turmoil 9/26/10 Rapier 10/15/10

http://www.youtube.com/user/Greg2952

[/hide]

My opinion on crashing is this. Everyones been crashed at some point and it's a major pain espescially if your not soloing. And it makes you feel inferior to the crashers. So when you have "earned" the right to crash someone why would you purposely make them feel like this? I get it's motivation to them but if getting crashed is really the motivation that makes them put all the work into making a great pvm account that's a horrible reason to play rs.

You're misunderstanding the point of crashing. It's not, "I was crashed when I was a level 100, so I'm gonna max combat and go on a crashing spree!" It's, "I'm now 138 combat and I have the ability to take most worlds from most players, which benefits me because I'd rather not hop for an hour looking for an empty world."

It's all about convenience and efficiency. Bosses are supposed to be "endgame" content, so it doesn't really make sense for low-level players to complain when they can't participate in content meant for high-level players.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Most people do not crash for lulz. As has been reiterated multiple times in this thread, most people crash because at certain bosses, crashing is the most time-efficient (and often the ONLY) way to get a world.

td2sig.jpg

td wont get as busy cuz they need a tonnn of quest =P and they are tedious to solo....bandos however u just tank and kill

TDs are the easiest of the major bosses to solo. Quests are the reason claw prices are high--- the majority of MHers are like "[bleep] quests."

Hahaha, that part about MHers being like "[bleep] quests." is so true when it comes to me. I'm less than 20 qp away from being able to do WGS, but I just hate doing quests so damn much that I'd rather just go train slayer or go to bosses I can already do.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

If you want to be effecient stop posting on the forums and go no life more.

Just my thoughts, not flaming or trying to troll, or personally attacking anyone

As I said not attacking anyone, you speak about being effiecent and making the most out of your time, I was wondering what you was doing here, speaking it like it wasn't a bad thing.

Your original post was an attack on anyone who crashes, actually.

I agree that this thread is getting REALLY repetitive. Sseli, you should go through all the posts, find all of the arguments against crashing and all of the best rebuttals to those arguments, then post them in the OP so people wont keep saying "u should just be nice!11" and "why dont u just hop!1!".

Well how else do you want me to portray it? It's not right, yet you're saying it's perfectly fine, you're so called 'elite' therefore you deserve all the spots, yet Jagex intended it to be a group area, not something you can solo for 3 hours straight, people are trying to play the game the way it was intended are being shoved off and forced to go elsewhere all because it's an inconvienance to you, what about them? It's a major inconvienance to them, they need the money to get better, you have much better options avaliable to you, yet you choose to go where lower levels are grouping up and trying to get better to get to your level, yet you're putting an obstacle in their way. It's a MMO for a reason, not a competition to who can get the max first, you are resorting to barbarianism, you said it yourself you don't like being crashed so you do it to others. You think all the spots are reserved for you just because you're a higher level and don't need them, I noticed your fishing level is behind me. If I saw you fishing in a spot and started fishing there because there were no more spots in that world, would you be forced to hop, since I have a higher fishing level? No, Jagex intended fishing spots to be shared, like how Bandos isn't a solo effort.

And please don't bother trying to ignore my statements and try and reverse it to make me look like a bad guy and ignoring my arguments, that is what we like to call 'ignorance' and 'deniance' it is a sign you accept this is bad yet continue on.

The moment monsters get labelled with Player's names on them as a sign of ownership is the moment I start to feel remorse for crashing when I need to or when it's best for me. No one owns the spawns, I don't care if you left tutorial island or whatever it is now and spawned in that room. Everything is fair game. Get big or get out.

The moment monsters get labelled with Player's names on them as a sign of ownership is the moment I start to feel remorse for crashing when I need to or when it's best for me. No one owns the spawns, I don't care if you left tutorial island or whatever it is now and spawned in that room. Everything is fair game. Get big or get out.

Even another maxed melee person with overloads, turm and a steel titan couldnt crash you anywhere anyway.

You'd just throw climbing boots at them until they went away :smile:

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

:rolleyes:

And please don't bother trying to ignore my statements and try and reverse it to make me look like a bad guy and ignoring my arguments, that is what we like to call 'ignorance' and 'deniance' it is a sign you accept this is bad yet continue on.

Oh, don't worry about that.

Well how else do you want me to portray it? It's not right, yet you're saying it's perfectly fine, you're so called 'elite' therefore you deserve all the spots, yet Jagex intended it to be a group area, not something you can solo for 3 hours straight,

Have you ever heard of emergent gameplay? It's when the players utilize content in a way the developers didn't expect. Soloing a boss that was intended for teams is a type of emergent gameplay. The downside of soloing a boss intended for a team is that it can become an unwanted team effort pretty quickly. This is called crashing. Crashing is a way to compete with your fellow 'scaper for resources (the boss). It has nothing to do with "deserving" anything. It's a simple matter of efficiency.

people are trying to play the game the way it was intended are being shoved off and forced to go elsewhere all because it's an inconvienance to you, what about them? It's a major inconvienance to them, they need the money to get better, you have much better options avaliable to you, yet you choose to go where lower levels are grouping up and trying to get better to get to your level, yet you're putting an obstacle in their way.

Sorry, pal, but bosses were never intended for low levels. See what I did there? I took your point of what the developers "intended" and turned it around on you. Lower-level players have a variety of ways to make money. If they choose to utilize the same source of money as high-level players, they accept the possibility that they may have to compete with people much more skilled and better geared.

It's a MMO for a reason, not a competition to who can get the max first,

Have you seen the high-scores?

you are resorting to barbarianism,

You're resorting to sadism when you try to make money in a way that you're guaranteed to have to compete with better players.

you said it yourself you don't like being crashed so you do it to others.

If I'm successfully crashed, it means that the other player was better prepared than me. I'm not going to rage over it.

You think all the spots are reserved for you just because you're a higher level and don't need them,

Wrong. I think my higher combat levels give me an advantage when I compete with other players in combat situations. That's it. You need to stop making this personal and accept that EFFICIENCY > STRANGERS. When I crash you, I'm not doing it for the Lulz. I'm doing it because you're a lower-level player and I know that my only option is to crash you or hop for an hour.

I noticed your fishing level is behind me. If I saw you fishing in a spot and started fishing there because there were no more spots in that world, would you be forced to hop, since I have a higher fishing level? No, Jagex intended fishing spots to be shared, like how Bandos isn't a solo effort.

Probably the worst comparison I've ever read on these forums. Congratulations. Let me know when fishing level determines who gets the fish from the fishing spot.

dgs5.jpg

Who'll take bets on the number of 'don't feed the troll' pictures the previous post will get?

(I support the post btw)

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Just my thoughts, not flaming or trying to troll, or personally attacking anyone

As I said not attacking anyone, you speak about being effiecent and making the most out of your time, I was wondering what you was doing here, speaking it like it wasn't a bad thing.

I agree that this thread is getting REALLY repetitive. Sseli, you should go through all the posts, find all of the arguments against crashing and all of the best rebuttals to those arguments, then post them in the OP so people wont keep saying "u should just be nice!11" and "why dont u just hop!1!".

Well how else do you want me to portray it? It's not right, yet you're saying it's perfectly fine, you're so called 'elite' therefore you deserve all the spots, yet Jagex intended it to be a group area, not something you can solo for 3 hours straight, people are trying to play the game the way it was intended are being shoved off and forced to go elsewhere all because it's an inconvienance to you, what about them? It's a major inconvienance to them, they need the money to get better, you have much better options avaliable to you, yet you choose to go where lower levels are grouping up and trying to get better to get to your level, yet you're putting an obstacle in their way. It's a MMO for a reason, not a competition to who can get the max first, you are resorting to barbarianism, you said it yourself you don't like being crashed so you do it to others. You think all the spots are reserved for you just because you're a higher level and don't need them, I noticed your fishing level is behind me. If I saw you fishing in a spot and started fishing there because there were no more spots in that world, would you be forced to hop, since I have a higher fishing level? No, Jagex intended fishing spots to be shared, like how Bandos isn't a solo effort.

Yawn, the "Its not right" (With no statement from jagex, a rule, etc to back it up) Is really just an opinion. Why, exactly, isn't it right?

You also assume I should care about you. (Which, frankly, I don't). Its a competitive game. If I'm better at it then you, you lose. If I'm better at a first person shooter, or a RTS game, you will lose as well. I'm not being *mean*. I'm just beating you.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

[hide]

Yawn, the "Its not right" (With no statement from jagex, a rule, etc to back it up) Is really just an opinion. Why, exactly, isn't it right?

[/hide]

Gah, why argue. Just crash people, it's damn fun and there's nothing against it.

yet Jagex intended it to be a group area

yet you choose to go where lower levels are grouping up and trying to get better to get to your level, yet you're putting an obstacle in their way. No, Jagex intended fishing spots to be shared, like how Bandos isn't a solo effort.

Come back when every world is lootshare.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

yet Jagex intended it to be a group area

yet you choose to go where lower levels are grouping up and trying to get better to get to your level, yet you're putting an obstacle in their way. No, Jagex intended fishing spots to be shared, like how Bandos isn't a solo effort.

Come back when every world is lootshare.

Once those low levels get high level the problem will be solved. Until then, I win, they lose, end of story.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Well since you're all adamant in your views and talking over a forum obviously won't change your minds, I give up, go have your effiency fun, even though effiency = less fun in my opinion, but that's just one man's opinion, I'm going to take a wild guess and the people who are talking about effiency all joined rs in RS2. So enjoy your AZ afking to max combat, ignore your non-combat stats and quests, achievment diaries then buy all your skills after resorting others to that. And people wonder why RS2 is so easy nowadays.

you sir i like your way of thinking

its just like "you get what you payed for"

you worked harder then others you should do as you please with the people who hasn't worked as hard as you

filewf5.gif

rarely ever check forums.

Well since you're all adamant in your views and talking over a forum obviously won't change your minds, I give up, go have your effiency fun, even though effiency = less fun in my opinion, but that's just one man's opinion, I'm going to take a wild guess and the people who are talking about effiency all joined rs in RS2. So enjoy your AZ afking to max combat, ignore your non-combat stats and quests, achievment diaries then buy all your skills after resorting others to that. And people wonder why RS2 is so easy nowadays.

- Joined in 2001.

- All non-combat skills over 70 (not something to brag about, admittedly).

- Efficiency is fun to me.

- Maxed combat via slayer.

- All quests done except for EW3 (which I will never, ever do).

- All diaries done except for elite Ardougne (much rather spend money on herblore/prayer than smithing right now).

You probably shouldn't make baseless assumptions about people. Ironically, your behavior is far more inflammatory than the people you disagree with.

dgs5.jpg

Screenshot of your stats:

skillsxp.png

Sure looks like you ignore dungeoneering! You must be one of those efficiency people who ignore training non combats, quests, achievement diaries! Also you're only 67 slayer (550k xp) and have all that combat xp (9.5m)? Sure looks like SOMEONE didn't train melee through slayer!

itt: lol000999 makes unfounded assertions that apply more to himself than anyone he's referring to.

I don't care about arguing if crashing is right or wrong. I just crash some noob lower level than me because I can. It's Alot better than flaming people over why or why not people should crash IMO.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

Screenshot of your stats:

skillsxp.png

Sure looks like you ignore dungeoneering! You must be one of those efficiency people who ignore training non combats, quests, achievement diaries! Also you're only 67 slayer (550k xp) and have all that combat xp (9.5m)? Sure looks like SOMEONE didn't train melee through slayer!

itt: lol000999 makes unfounded assertions that apply more to himself than anyone he's referring to.

Do a little research, Slayer came out in 2005, by the time I was in the late 70s of my combat stats, Slayer wasn't even out yet. And I'm not quite fond of Dungeoneering I came back from a 1 year and a half break, haven't had time to train it. And yes I've completed every quest and achievement diary besides Ardy elite, that a problem?

@Morningrise333: As I said a wild guess, it seems rather ineffecient to do some quests, as the exp reward is not worth the time given, you're talking about effeciency, compared to today, RSC was much worser for exp/hour or gp/hour if you compared the exp/hour in RS2 today compared to the old days you probably wouldn't care about maximising it.