An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

@Morningrise333: As I said a wild guess, it seems rather ineffecient to do some quests, as the exp reward is not worth the time given, you're talking about effeciency, compared to today, RSC was much worser for exp/hour or gp/hour if you compared the exp/hour in RS2 today compared to the old days you probably wouldn't care about maximising it.

I literally have no idea what point you're trying to make. Are you trying to argue that I do quests (of which some are inefficient to do) therefore . . . something? I don't get it. What do quests and RSC have to do with crashing nowadays?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about arguing if crashing is right or wrong. I just crash some noob lower level than me because I can. It's Alot better than flaming people over why or why not people should crash IMO.

I hate the way you put it (makes you sound like an [bleep]), but I agree with the point.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

If you have the ability to crash people and you have the desire to, then do it. Why should someone stop you? And yeah for crashing there is a risk that it'll just be a waste of time, but if you do it right then it'll be rewarding. To those being crashed, just suck it up and move it on. If you acquired the same stats and items for crashing then you can crash too. It's just the way it works. Because after all, the bosses weren't put into place so that only one group can have it, it's a game so it's thus competitive.

j0xPu5R.png

@Morningrise333: As I said a wild guess, it seems rather ineffecient to do some quests, as the exp reward is not worth the time given, you're talking about effeciency, compared to today, RSC was much worser for exp/hour or gp/hour if you compared the exp/hour in RS2 today compared to the old days you probably wouldn't care about maximising it.

I literally have no idea what point you're trying to make. Are you trying to argue that I do quests (of which some are inefficient to do) therefore . . . something? I don't get it. What do quests and RSC have to do with crashing nowadays?

I'm saying compared to today exp/hour and gold/hour is much higher than RSC if you levelled alot in RSC with the rates so low, why are you trying to get the most in RS2, when it's much easier?

I'm saying compared to today exp/hour and gold/hour is much higher than RSC if you levelled alot in RSC with the rates so low, why are you trying to get the most in RS2, when it's much easier?

. . . because I want to? I still don't know why or how this applies to crashing at all.

dgs5.jpg

More GP/hour is debatable, but yes, there has been a experience creep.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

wow at what this thread is saying

Only crash people lower than you

I hate to be crashed

Btw i have maxed stats so noone can crash me but i can crash you :)

And whats wrong with that?

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

its a hypocrisy, basically saying "i can do it but you can't because errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr oh yeah your a lower level."

Setting aside the various other problems with that statement for a moment...how is that hypocrisy?

I looked up the word hypocrite in the dictionary....now I'm confused

That poster was very confused and likely inundated with morphine when he posted, so you're not alone when you say "wat".

dgs5.jpg

As much as I hate being crashed, I think it's perfectly fine when necessary. And I will crash if I've been worldhopping for an hour/in a pissy mood and can't be bothered to hop. You don't like it? Sucks for you; maybe you should train up so you can outcrash me. Until then, gtho.

Now people crashing you when it's unnecessary, just because they can, or failing so badly at crashing that all they do is slow you down, that's a different story. (And yes, I refer to TDs here. Seriously, why do people crash there? There are so many spots you can use... in fact, I know of a few spots that are only safely usable if there's someone else in a different spot.)

a70c7.png

Once upon a time, there was a level 138.He also has a level 230 robot that can deal 960 damage in less than a second following him. He has a sword that can hit over 640 damage in a single swing. He has a pair of claws that can deal over 920 damage in a single special attack. He has armor that grants him nigh-invulnerability to magical attacks, his only apparent weakness. He is healing himself, and reducing your prayer. He can reduce your stats if he wants. He invades your safe PvP minigames. He crashes your 3 man bandos team by his lonesome. He can solo the Corporeal Beast without too much issue. Inevitably, he can beat you.

Once upon a time, there was a level 138.He also has a level 230 robot that can deal 960 damage in less than a second following him. He has a sword that can hit over 640 damage in a single swing. He has a pair of claws that can deal over 920 damage in a single special attack. He has armor that grants him nigh-invulnerability to magical attacks, his only apparent weakness. He is healing himself, and reducing your prayer. He can reduce your stats if he wants. He invades your safe PvP minigames. He crashes your 3 man bandos team by his lonesome. He can solo the Corporeal Beast without too much issue. Inevitably, he can beat you.

You make it sound pretty awesome. =D>

dgs5.jpg

Soon enough we will be crashing much, much more than just your RS boss monster spawns... :ohnoes: deal with it :thumbsup:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Soon enough we will be crashing much, much more than just your RS boss monster spawns... :ohnoes: deal with it :thumbsup:

Meh i don't boss much, But if you crash my giant rat spawns thats another story. But anyway with the weekend coming won't more people have access to extremes and want to boss more?

You make it sound pretty awesome. =D>

im glad you like it lol.

Meh i don't boss much, But if you crash my giant rat spawns thats another story. But anyway with the weekend coming won't more people have access to extremes and want to boss more?

Yes, and that is why I am so adamantly against XP weekends. The competition at Bandos got significantly worse after the first weekend, and I expect it to again get more difficult after this one.

td2sig.jpg

Yes, and that is why I am so adamantly against XP weekends. The competition at Bandos got significantly worse after the first weekend, and I expect it to again get more difficult after this one.

Yep, XP weekends should only happen when we get new bosses, and even then I don't like them.

dgs5.jpg

Double EXP weekends make the economy die even more

I don't remember the last double xp weekend...

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

For the past few days all I've been doing is TD's. In that time there have been numerous people that will hop into the world that I'm in, they'll see me and hop again. So far these people have all been other 138's understanding that theres no point attempting to crash me, because we're probably going to get 50/50 for the kills. There have been two instances where lower levelled players have tried to crash me, they both failed.

If you didn't get it, what I'm saying is that 138's and other high levels are most likely going to crash anyone weaker then them because they can, and because at a lot of places there just aren't that many free worlds. As for lower levels if they try to crash higher levels, they will inevitably lose.

4sDIn.png

Penguin rule no. 1 When two Runescape players are contesting for the same spot, the one with the lowest level of emotional maturity will always win.

Penguin rule no. 2 When two people are competing in real life for items of importance, the one with the highest level of emotional maturity will always win.

Penguin result no. 1 Being lonely and unemployed, the emotionally immature will have plenty of time while living in their parents basement to practice their skills on Runescape.