03-Dec-2010 - New Jagex Store

Den

Some of the designs are nice, but the spreadshirt quality tshirts aren't the best. They will just be bog standard tshirts printed on. They wont have the Runescape stitching that the old stuff had. You now cant buy membership cards, or books or other accessories like you used to. It's a definite downturn in the overall quality.

I don't however have a problem wearing Runescape apparel. I'm not ashamed that I play, and hardly anyone knows what the Bandos symbol means anyway. To those moaning saying you are paying to advertise I hope you all wear nothing but plain white tees because if you wear Nike, Bench and North Face clothing (for example) you are all human billboards too.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, the only shirt that people should be judging you on is an ICP shirt.

On topic, I think perhaps they should ask "what kind of shirt would you like to see?" or something. They probably did that earlier, though.

Designs are kind of disappointing overall.

8f14270694.jpg

I wouldn't buy them based on the fact I wouldn't get any, that doesn't factor into the equation for me. I wouldn't buy them because they are low quality and the designs look like [cabbage]. No one is going to guess (well, most of the shirts aren't overly blatant in my opinion) they're Runescape apart from players themselves. Most would recognise that they're from a game. And if they're from a game, does that make any difference in how people might perceive you? I think, no. I wouldn't judge someone wearing a t-shirt with Mario or the lambda symbol, any more than this.

lampost_sig_stark.png

XXXL sizes - what are they trying to suggest here?!

As others have said, the tees that don't scream "RUNESCAPE ADDICT" are ok, the big bad boss monster ones are pretty cool but geeky nonetheless - and £12 for a tee shirt?

I'll stick with my £5 play.com deals anyday!

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I always love seeing people go 'EWWW I WOULDN'T BE SEEN DEAD IN A RUNESCAPE T-SHIRT'. It's sweet, really. I used to be like that but going to Sixth Form and University has changed me a bit and none of the friends I have at Uni think I'm sad for playing RS. Sure they go 'why not play something better?' but it's what I like and they don't care.

I was gonna buy one of those pink Ziliyana t-shirts if the 50% code still worked earlier but it didn't so oh well. I already have a Runescape and a My Other T-shirt is Trimmed top. They just cycle through my T-shirt choices along with my Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged, You've Just been Nerimowned and DDR:UK T-shirts.

Y'know, it doesn't matter. As long as you're not a fat basement dweller, most people aren't really gonna judge you on it.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Y'know, it doesn't matter. As long as you're not a fat basement dweller, most people aren't really gonna judge you on it.

That's kind of the thing, though- nobody who's left the basement in the last several months is going to think "level 99 party animal" is anything but the worst thing they have ever considered wearing.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Lol, I was just making attempts at humour but I guess too many people take things a bit too seriously on these boards.

Anyway I think the biggest thing they are lacking on shirt design - is humour.

Taking RS or community memes would be more of a selling point than some logo that says RUNESCAPE on the front of a shirt. Whether or not it is considered nerdy is irrelevant as when there are a plethora of T-Shirts available elsewhere for cheap it becomes hard to justify buying their apparel. If Jagex was a small gaming company just starting out instead of a multi million pound corporation, you'd perhaps feel more inclined to support them. Or if they donated 50% of the profits to a charity (Blizzard donates 50% of it's store products to make a wish foundation) from the store.

But unfortunately since they are just £2 cotton t-shirts from Bangladesh that have been stamped through a t-shirt press, you aren't going to get quality gear, so the design had better be at least, interesting or more importantly (in my opinion) humoures.

As for basement dwelling, I'd take a basement over an office any day, damn England with no basements.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

The old store was far better. It actually had some rather nice designs that didn't blatantly advertise "I PLAY RUNESCAPE!", whereas this store... oh dear God. Albeit, I do have the Dragon Chainbody T-shirt and the Bandos Hoodie from the old store, but those were actually nice designs. I <3 RS though...? >_>

I'm upset that they removed the Kree'arra bag and made it into a crappy T-shirt. That bag was quite nice.

Edit: Very very helpful product photos.

[hide]ohdears.png[/hide]

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

I find it weird that people are focusing more on this silly little debate you're having, and not on the fact that the site design is crappy, and just holds a bunch of copy/paste t-shirts....

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I find it weird that people are focusing more on this silly little debate you're having, and not on the fact that the site design is crappy, and just holds a bunch of copy/paste t-shirts....

The site design and shirts are crappy, not much to discuss there.

So how about that [insert sports team]? They going all the way to the championship this year?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I was kinda appalled at how little effort they put into some of those, NAMELY taking the logos straight off the god cups and pasting them on plain white T-shirts.

The ONLY thing I even wanted, like even for free, would have been the blue Kril Tsutsaroth hoodie, and more because I collect blue hoodies than really liking the design on it...

They should focus on making their apparel recognizable to regular players, and make their designs more intricate. Also, if they're going to have an accessory section, they should have accessory products...

Also, items are far too expensive. If the prices included shipping I might be able to understand...

What I'd actually enthusiastically buy:

Primal OR Dragon Platebody/Chainbody shirt or hoodie, but ONLY if they were heavily textured. I want to see chain links!

They could also release Skillcape hoodies, where the pull strings were the color of the tassels on the cape...

Oh also, how about items themed after in game items? Essence pouch coin purse, or something? Even though sarcastic [puncture]s would probably call RWT.

2dgucz6.png

They could also release Skillcape hoodies, where the pull strings were the color of the tassels on the cape...

I actually really like this idea, I think it could be pulled off well.

But people are complaining all of the t-shirts are just plain t-shirts with something slapped on it but if they're not going to go into deals with proper clothes companies, preferring to have cheap t-shirts easily done on spreadshirt, then it's just what you're to expect.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

But people are complaining all of the t-shirts are just plain t-shirts with something slapped on it but if they're not going to go into deals with proper clothes companies, preferring to have cheap t-shirts easily done on spreadshirt, then it's just what you're to expect.

The last two Jagex Stores WERE deals done with merchandise companies. Spreadshirt is just a mass on-demand printing company, nothing special at all.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Honestly, the only shirt that people should be judging you on is an ICP shirt.

On topic, I think perhaps they should ask "what kind of shirt would you like to see?" or something. They probably did that earlier, though.

Designs are kind of disappointing overall.

Ya im kind of a jerk in real life and i can never stop myself from calling out those that choose to wear ICP shirts.... On the topic of Runescape t shirts and hoodies i hav eyet to see anyone i know wearing them. But often in public at bars or parties myself and friends that play rs will talk about it openly and sometimes we get some looks like wtf are they talking about but no one ever says anything. Some the shirts look ok but idk if any of them are calling to me. I think before they had a level 99 strength shirt, i might wear that one to the gym.

The last two Jagex Stores WERE deals done with merchandise companies. Spreadshirt is just a mass on-demand printing company, nothing special at all.

It seems they dont want to spend too much risk on the store, at least not as much as before. Perhaps something to do with their brand new project.

Not too surpised about the outsourcing since we got our toolbars in similiar form, but it does seems that their market research may be lacking.

XXXL sizes - what are they trying to suggest here?!

Sounds like the kind that doesnt need a shirt or shoes.

From the pages of Jagex:

Ten years is a long time in anyones book, but a ten year old MMO community? Now thats something special. We want to mark the occasion with a special limited-edition clothing item in our new Jagex Store and who better to design it but the very community who's supported us for all that time?

Today were launching a competition for you to send us your concept designs, the best of which will be turned into a 10th anniversary t-shirt by our graphics artists and will be made available to the RuneScape community on the Jagex Store. We want concept designs, so you dont need to be an amazing artist either. Your entry can be submitted in Paint, made out of pasta or on the back of a beer mat. As long as we can see the concept clearly, were happy.

Seeing your work for sale in the store is pretty cool, but well also send the winner a t-shirt featuring your design as well as a Jagex Store voucher so you can stock up on additional t-shirts featuring your design or any others that take your fancy. It doesnt stop there though, as well also send you a signed and framed print of your design and add 12-months membership to a RuneScape account of your choice.

You can see full details, including competition T&Cs and an FAQ on the ?254,255,42,61984636"]competition thread. If youve any questions that arent in the FAQ, youre very welcome to ask them there too.

Good luck!

QFC: 254-255-42-61984636

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

From the pages of Jagex:

Ten years is a long time in anyones book, but a ten year old MMO community? Now thats something special. We want to mark the occasion with a special limited-edition clothing item in our new Jagex Store and who better to design it but the very community who's supported us for all that time?

Today were launching a competition for you to send us your concept designs, the best of which will be turned into a 10th anniversary t-shirt by our graphics artists and will be made available to the RuneScape community on the Jagex Store. We want concept designs, so you dont need to be an amazing artist either. Your entry can be submitted in Paint, made out of pasta or on the back of a beer mat. As long as we can see the concept clearly, were happy.

Seeing your work for sale in the store is pretty cool, but well also send the winner a t-shirt featuring your design as well as a Jagex Store voucher so you can stock up on additional t-shirts featuring your design or any others that take your fancy. It doesnt stop there though, as well also send you a signed and framed print of your design and add 12-months membership to a RuneScape account of your choice.

You can see full details, including competition T&Cs and an FAQ on the ?254,255,42,61984636"]competition thread. If youve any questions that arent in the FAQ, youre very welcome to ask them there too.

Good luck!

QFC: 254-255-42-61984636

square, this is your chance, lvl 120 efficiency troll wearing FSH will definitely win :thumbsup:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I really wish they'd keep the designs simple. Anyone remember the Bandos 150th quest hoodie? I would've loved it if it only had the Bandos symbol, but they had to slap the 150 on the front and GRAARDOR'S FACE on the back. <_< Just give us t-shirts with god symbols or something. Keep it conservative. I'm not buying a shirt with a big picture of Zilyana on the chest.

Also, most of their joke shirts aren't funny in the slightest.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I doubt most of us would really care about these products.

I mean you know what happens when people irl know you play Runescape... imagine if you wore a t-shirt RS related.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention