10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

I always look to wiki site or tip.it forum when updates come out.

Wiki is definitely a lot faster to output formatted information than any help site because it just intakes data and the users collectively keep updating it, but of all the help sites I'd say tip.it is the fastest to get out a good CONFIRMED guide, rather than a slew of information.

jagerbluebt1.gif

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize all of that, but they've been right about quite a lot of stuff today.

Anyway, small price to pay to get info out immediately. It'll take Tip.It likely 2 weeks to have the same stuff (with the same accuracy) that RSWiki will have after 2 days...

2 weeks?! Tip.It is usually one of the first fansites to have a detailed guide out on new updates in, at most, a few days, and seeing as RSWiki is merely a wiki and not a fansite, I'd say they do an extremely good job. :thumbup:

Also, there's a lot of helpful users on the forums that do their part by submitting info and posting screenshots. :smile:

<3:

Speaking of screenshots, keep those kill shots coming. Obviously, gathering information on Nex is quite a challenge!

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

barrows protects against all but mages/reavers as well.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

According to RSWiki the armor will never fall in price due to its High Alchemy values...

My God I hope that was an oversight.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Virtus_armour

RS Wiki is 99% fake/stupid on any new update like this. It's full of trolls that will tell you rumour as fact.

This. Remember when Balmung came out? 1700+ hits on dag kings? Oh please.

It's already edited. Now it says this lol:

The set is most notably used for slaying dragons as it grants the same bonus as an Anti-dragon shield

Oh btw, is it just me, or do you think it's cool that the strongest monster in the game is a female? I just find that cool. I have seen many Rants in RS about there being too many male gods and boss monsters, and many people saying males are better yadayadayada. Well, take that! lol. Nex is epic. And hawt too.

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

Exclusive content; +1

Expensive items +1

Good boss (hopefully) +1

Finally another item the average player can't afford so easily, maybe this game still has something difficult to aim for, without an arbitrary self set goal being the only difficult ones left.

Lets hope this boss actually takes skill to kill, unlike any other boss in RS. Even tds don't take skill, you just can become more efficient by being better.

You do realise you just contradicted yourself right? If someone can be more efficient at Td's by 'getting better' (lol vague) then the exact same thing can happen with Nex.

I've done a few kills of Nex with a 15ish man team and her K.O potential isn't vastly different from Corp to be honest.

Why is it a good thing that new armour comes out that nobody other than the richest can buy? Does it boost your virtual ego? Other than that, I see the prices of these items as absurd.

Once again were going to go through the ridiculous cycle of what happened to divine and ely. Every piece that enters the Market will be snatched up by merchers that don't even use it for it's intended purpose making the entire update pointless.

When will Jagex realise that being high level doesn't mean you automatically have max money.

Sylpheed.png

Oh btw, is it just me, or do you think it's cool that the strongest monster in the game is a female? I just find that cool. I have seen many Rants in RS about there being too many male gods and boss monsters, and many people saying males are better yadayadayada. Well, take that! lol. Nex is epic. And hawt too.

This is nothing new- back when GWD came out Zilyana was insanely scary, and still is probably the most difficult of the four older GWD bosses. And then there's corp, who doesn't really have a gender...

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Exclusive content; +1

Expensive items +1

Good boss (hopefully) +1

Finally another item the average player can't afford so easily, maybe this game still has something difficult to aim for, without an arbitrary self set goal being the only difficult ones left.

Lets hope this boss actually takes skill to kill, unlike any other boss in RS. Even tds don't take skill, you just can become more efficient by being better.

You do realise you just contradicted yourself right? If some can be more efficient at Td's by 'getting better' (lol vague) then the exact same thing can happen with Nex.

I've done a few kills of Nex with a 15ish man team and her K.O potential isn't vastly different from Corp to be honest.

Why is it a good thing that new armour comes out that nobody other than the richest can buy? Does it boost your virtual ego? Other than that, I see the prices of these items as absurd.

Once again were going to go through the ridiculous cycle of what happened to divine and ely. Every piece that enters the Market will be snatched up by merchers that don't even use it for it's intended purpose making the entire update pointless.

When will Jagex realise that being high level doesn't mean you automatically have max money.

Yeah, you're right, let's just let the game end when you get level 80 in all stats and a 100m bank. That'd be much better. What is this bull [cabbage] about endgame content?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

This is nothing new- back when GWD came out Zilyana was insanely scary, and still is probably the most difficult of the four older GWD bosses. And then there's corp, who doesn't really have a gender...

Yea I know, but Nex is the first to be over level 1,000. Or did Runewiki lie about her level being 1,001? Can someone confirm this lol.

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

A few things i can see from the information about the update...

The bow is terrible. Assuming it has a high repair cost(atleast 2m, rumored to be 5m), it costs more or around the same to use as hand cannon(likely same speed), but you are trading 35 ranged strength bonus for 30 ranged attack bonus... not good. Chaotic xbow+ diamond bolts is also just as good, so i just don't see the point of such a weapon.

Making statements based on speculation sure is great!

B_ryan20.png

b_ryan20.png

Yea I know, but Nex is the first to be over level 1,000. Or did Runewiki lie about her level being 1,001? Can someone confirm this lol.

Confirmed multiple times.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

This. Remember when Balmung came out? 1700+ hits on dag kings? Oh please.

It's already edited. Now it says this lol:

The set is most notably used for slaying dragons as it grants the same bonus as an Anti-dragon shield

Haha nice.

I realize that RSWiki is the best RS reference out there, but you simply CANNOT take anything you see on there about brand new content seriously.

That's been confirmed so many times already in this thread

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

The bow is terrible. Assuming it has a high repair cost(atleast 2m, rumored to be 5m), it costs more or around the same to use as hand cannon(likely same speed), but you are trading 35 ranged strength bonus for 30 ranged attack bonus... not good. Chaotic xbow+ diamond bolts is also just as good, so i just don't see the point of such a weapon.

jagex stated that the bow is crossbow speed, so all in there that is speculation is the repair price, thus almost all of it holds up. I'll be VERY surprised if the repair cost is lower than that of chaotic weapons/armor, all of which are level 80 items.

I've also already stated these thoughts previously in the BTS update topic, so i don't really see where i'm going off here...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Exclusive content; +1

Expensive items +1

Good boss (hopefully) +1

You do realise you just contradicted yourself right? If some can be more efficient at Td's by 'getting better' (lol vague) then the exact same thing can happen with Nex.

Yeah, you're right, let's just let the game end when you get level 80 in all stats and a 100m bank. That'd be much better. What is this bull [cabbage] about endgame content?

Wow, you really need to understand how to look past your close minded point of view. Generalising my entire comment into one argument is pretty pointless aswell.

Endgame content = good

However, this ISN'T endgame content. It's content for people with level 80 stats, not 99. Level 80 in a skill is such a stupidly small fraction of the experience to 99 that this could hardly be called a high level update beyond the fact that the boss is challenging.

I suppose you think it's a stellar idea to release super awesome and expensive armour into a game where practically the entire market for rare and expensive items is controlled by people who aren't going to use it for anything other than looks and bragging rights.

Lol, what a joke.

Sylpheed.png

jagex stated that the bow is crossbow speed, so all in there that is speculation is the repair price, thus almost all of it holds up. I'll be VERY surprised if the repair cost is lower than that of chaotic weapons/armor, all of which are level 80 items.

I've also already stated these thoughts previously in the BTS update topic, so i don't really see where i'm going off here...

Plus we know that it's 2h, so that right there severely limits its usefulness.

Plus we know that it's 2h, so that right there severely limits its usefulness.

lolol stupid speculation :rolleyes:

I didn't even think of that, but really, this is the 3rd best ranged weapon in game, not including pvp weapons....great(atleast we can't say any godsword is the 3rd best of anything).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

How do you keep the monsters from piling the [cabbage] out of you?I am wearing a karil top and verac skirt, and I am still getting piled by the rangers.

Only been down into KC room twice, first time I got piled.. second time I didn't.. so confused lol

jagerbluebt1.gif